Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (44605 Views)

Poll: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love?

Yes: 65% (88 votes)
No: 34% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 4:35am On Nov 06, 2010
To some people,Jealousy is a sign of Love because you won't be jealous at some extent if you don't love a person.On the other hand.If you love and trusted the person,there's no way to be Jealous, hmmm a bit confusing isn't it? Would you share your thoughts about this?  smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by biola44: 5:57am On Nov 06, 2010
yes, Exodus 20:5 " for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God"

3 Likes

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by aca77: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2010
@poster

Seriously, jealousy is perhaps the only genuine and reliable sign that someone truly truly loves you and wants u all to himself or herslf. When your supposed 'partner' doesn't care what you do or who you roll with, and you mistake that for trust or 'security' then you're getting it totally wrong. Either he or she doesnt love you (enough), or he or she has alternative lover(s) elsewhere. Period.

People get these things twisted. Perhaps thats why girls that I don't love one bit and only fool around with tend to fall more easily and cheaply than the few ones that I genuinely feel love for and let it show. I certainly wouldnt marry a woman that doesnt care who the lady that just called me is, or who doesnt worry about my female friends. It means she either doesn't love me enough, or she is up to her own dirt somewhere else.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2010
aca77:

@poster

Seriously, jealousy is perhaps the only genuine and reliable sign that someone truly truly loves you and wants u all to himself or herslf. When your supposed 'partner' doesn't care what you do or who you roll with, and you mistake that for trust or 'security' then you're getting it totally wrong. Either he or she doesnt love you (enough), or he or she has alternative lover(s) elsewhere. Period.

People get these things twisted. Perhaps thats why girls that I don't love one bit and only fool around with tend to fall more easily and cheaply than the few ones that I genuinely feel love for and let it show. I certainly wouldnt marry a woman that doesnt care who the lady that just called me is, or who doesnt worry about my female friends. It means she either doesn't love me enough, or she is up to her own dirt somewhere else.

So you mean, NO JEALOUSY means NO LOVE?what about if you know his where abouts and you trust him.Will you still be jealous?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Dyt(f): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2010
We feel differently
bt 4 me its sm wat part of it
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 9:54am On Nov 06, 2010
@ ACA77, if a person who is seldom gets jealous but shows his care and love to you by calling you often and chatting you often,giving you everything but you seldom see him being jealous even you are with your group of friends hanging out,paryting, jamming etc.What do you think of that?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Olami099(m): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2010
Well,i agree and at d same time disagree.It depends on  different perspective.It might be sign of love,on the other end it might be hatred,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by aca77: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2010
mediatrix8:

@ ACA77, if a person who is seldom gets jealous but shows his care and love to you by calling you often and chatting you often,giving you everything but you seldom see him being jealous even you are with your group of friends hanging out,paryting, jamming etc.What do you think of that?

All that isn't a sure sign of love. Any playboy worth his salt knows how to pamper his would-be 'victim' with fake show of attention, care and generosity until he decides he has had enough, dumps her, and moves on to the next 'victim'.

From my experience at least, affectionate jealousy proves either or both of 2 things:
1. Love/devotion
2. Faithfulness/absence of alternatives.

Trust me, when someone freely gives you 'trust' that you've not earned, or acts all 'secure' about who you hang out with or what you do, its usually because he or she isn't so crazy about you, or because he or she has got other sweet affairs/alternatives on the side.

Note this: you can't be completely devoted and faithful to someone without expressing some apprehension when the other gets too close to the opposite gender. If not because of love, at least because of the fear/possibility of being cheated. But on the other hand it is easy not to get jealous or insecure over him or her when you know you are already doing stuff behind his or her back, or you know you have no future together. Believe me on this one.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 10:35am On Nov 06, 2010
aca77:

All that isn't a sure sign of love. Any playboy worth his salt knows how to pamper his would-be 'victim' with fake show of attention, care and generosity until he decides he has had enough, dumps her, and moves on to the next 'victim'.

From my experience at least, affectionate jealousy proves either or both of 2 things:
1. Love/devotion
2. Faithfulness/absence of alternatives.

Trust me, when someone freely gives you 'trust' that you've not earned, or acts all 'secure' about who you hang out with or what you do, its usually because he or she isn't so crazy about you, or because he or she has got other sweet affairs/alternatives on the side.

Note this: you can't be completely devoted and faithful to someone without expressing some apprehension when the other gets too close to the opposite gender. If not because of love, at least because of the fear/possibility of being cheated. But on the other hand it is easy not to get jealous or insecure over him or her when you know you are already doing stuff behind his or her back, or you know you have no future together. Believe me on this one.

Yes,but too much jealousy is Selfish and possessive? Isn't it too much, and you won't have space if he is too jealous?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2010
There are different level of jealousy, there are what you call possessive jealousy and innocent jealousy, the problem with these level of jealousies that the line is so THIN that it can easily break and therefore the innocent jealousy can become possessive jealousy.

From my experience, African men are some of the MOST JEALOUS hearted men in the ENTIRE world, and it the culture of African men. It is cute to some women and a turn off to some women. A man that loves his wife or girlfriend is jealous if a man approaches his wife or girlfriend they ready to fight, to me IS WHY WOULD YOU FIGHT SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY APPROACHES YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND?

I, as a woman will never understand THAT KIND OF JEALOUSY because to me it a sign of insecurity and paranoia. Black men in America get jealous as well, BUT NOTHING TOP AFRICAN MEN JEALOUSY, whooooweee, you can feel some HEAT in their jealousy and be ready to take cover,

They say if your man doesn't show jealousy then he doesn't love you, I THINK THAT BULLCHIT, I THINK African men just want to control and dominant and when they see other men APPROACHING THEIR TROPHY they get ignant,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by aca77: 10:52am On Nov 06, 2010
mediatrix8:

Yes,but too much jealousy is Selfish and possessive? Isn't it too much, and you won't have space if he is too jealous?

well, the degree of jealousy depends on the individual involved, and I think possessiveness is not quite the same as innocuous jealousy. Jealousy merely wants to know, and to be reassured. Possessiveness on the other hand wants to control and dominate. So my earlier theory applies only to jealously, not possessiveness. There is a fine line between the two, and the latter is not such a good thing.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 10:59am On Nov 06, 2010
MrsEve:

There are different level of jealousy, there are what you call possessive jealousy and innocent jealousy, the problem with these level of jealousies that the line is so THIN that it can easily break and therefore the innocent jealousy can become possessive jealousy.

From my experience, African men are some of the MOST JEALOUS hearted men in the ENTIRE world, and it the culture of African men.  It is cute to some women and a turn off to some women. A man that loves his wife or girlfriend is jealous if a man approaches his wife or girlfriend they ready to fight, to me IS WHY WOULD YOU FIGHT SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY APPROACHES YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND? 

I, as a woman will never understand THAT KIND OF JEALOUSY because to me it a sign of insecurity and  paranoia.  Black men in America get jealous as well, BUT NOTHING TOP AFRICAN MEN JEALOUSY, whooooweee, you can feel some HEAT in their jealousy and be ready to take cover,

They say if your man doesn't show jealousy then he doesn't love you, I THINK THAT BULLCHIT, I THINK African men just want to control and dominant and when they see other men APPROACHING THEIR TROPHY they get ignant,

I agree with you 100% Mrs Eve, but why, "African men are some of the MOST JEALOUS hearted men in the ENTIRE world,"

Two of my girlfriends are already married with a Nigerian guy and actually the other one have already been to Nigeria and they got married there.They always tell me that their guys are jealous and so they can't hang out anytime they want.But my fiance gave me freedom to do anything I want provided that I tell him and he knows what is going through in my life every single day .We have been together for 3 years but I just saw him so jealous twice.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2010
Wait until you get married, IT WILL COME,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 11:03am On Nov 06, 2010
Wait until YOU get married and let a man approach you for some sugar at the restaurant,

Then come back and give me a full report afterward,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2010
MrsEve:

Wait until YOU get married and let a man approach you for some sugar at the restaurant,

Then come back and give me a full report afterward, 

hahahhaha, so when you get married,you discovered that he too jealous.And how did you cope up with that?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by aca77: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2010
MrsEve:

From my experience, African men are some of the MOST JEALOUS hearted men in the ENTIRE world, and it the culture of African men.  It is cute to some women and a turn off to some women. A man that loves his wife or girlfriend is jealous if a man approaches his wife or girlfriend they ready to fight, to me IS WHY WOULD YOU FIGHT SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY APPROACHES YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND?  

I, as a woman will never understand THAT KIND OF JEALOUSY because to me it a sign of insecurity and  paranoia.  Black men in America get jealous as well, BUT NOTHING TOP AFRICAN MEN JEALOUSY, whooooweee, you can feel some HEAT in their jealousy and be ready to take cover,

But isn't it rude and disrespectful for a man to 'approach' some other guy's gf or wife in his presence? Thats seems like an act of war to me; not that I would fight him though. I'd wait to see how my gf/wife reacts: whether she'd tell him off, or 'encourage' him with warm smiles and attention. And then she would be the recipient of my reaction, not the strange man that I don't know from Adam.

But for real it amazes me when I hear of guys who fight other men who are their 'love rivals', or who kill a man they catch atop their wife. As a man, I know that guys would always try their luck with any and every woman - single, married, separated, divorced, or widowed. It IS the woman's responsibility to reject their advances if she is dating or married. As such, if I stumble upon my gf/wife making out with another man, I'd probably shake the guy's hand and congratulate him on his seducing skills (after all, its not a case of rape). The woman on the other hand, would be the object of my rage - and God help her if a gun is in sight.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 11:12am On Nov 06, 2010
My husband is uhmmmm what the word I want to use, let me get back to you on that one,

However, I deal with it by not bring up any subject of men approaching me or make sure that I am neutral in aspect of his friends other words do not be alone with his friends or male associates because they always making comments like I want a woman like you, do you have a friend like you, and I can see my husband getting swole (warriorish) so I just make sure I am by the husband side and thangs,

My husband wants to be the one to praise me, give me attentions, and be the one that I look up to, I guess that not a bad thing, but LAWD HAVE MURCEEE, he be ready to fight somebody if they cross the line,

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 11:17am On Nov 06, 2010
aca77:

But isn't it rude and disrespectful for a man to 'approach' some other guy's gf or wife in his presence? Thats seems like an act of war to me; not that I would fight him though. I'd wait to see how my gf/wife reacts: whether she'd tell him off, or 'encourage' him with warm smiles and attention. And then she would be the recipient of my reaction, not the strange man that I don't know from Adam.

But for real it amazes me when I hear of guys who fight other men who are their 'love rivals', or who kill a man they catch atop their wife. As a man, I know that guys would always try their luck with any and every woman - single, married, separated, divorced, or widowed. It IS the woman's responsibility to reject their advances if she is dating or married. As such, if I stumble upon my gf/wife making out with another man, I'd probably shake the guy's hand and congratulate him on his seducing skills (after all, its not a case of despoil). The woman on the other hand, would be the object of my rage - and God help her if a gun is in sight.

See that what I am talking about a man ready to kick a woman azz for a man approaching her or she talking to a man in an innocent way but WON'T KICK THE MAN AZZ, that to me some punkish bullchit, MEN SCARE OF OTHER MEN but will fight a woman in a heartbeat, AS PROVEN THAT SOME BOYS on Nairaland oughta to be ashame of themselves fighting and arguing with WOMEN/GIRLS,

In USA, that what a gay or a sissified bish do, THAT EXACTLY WHAT WE CALLS THEM IN USA,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Yorisb: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2010
biola44:

yes, Exodus 20:5 " for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God"

hehehe
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2010
Yorisb:

hehehe

WHy? hehehe?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Yorisb: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2010
Don't u have a bible? undecided
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2010
Yorisb:

Don't u have a bible? undecided

Yes, I have, and the verse s right hmmm
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by djcrucifix(m): 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ poster, sometimes it is, other times it's very dangerous
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Yorisb: 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
mediatrix8:

Yes, I have, and the verse s right hmmm

Good, and that settles it I guess undecided
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2010
@Topic

All these new age words like "possessive and controlling" are used out of context a lot. How can you be 100% committed to someone without some level of possessiveness occurring? And these words are commonly used by the ladies and a few of them have already roped ALL AFRICAN men as being the most jealous people in the world.Where they get their statistics from remains a mystery. The same women are the ones who would turn red with jealousy if their men keep lots of female friends around.Some of them would actually go the extra mile by taking the names of these "rivals" to juju priests,alfas and aladuras.

If the guy is too loving,attentive and caring, they label him as being a sissy and possessive.When the guy acts like he doesn't give a damn about the lady, she keeps asking him if he loves her every 45 minutes. . .lol

Funny creatures!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2010
I know reading comprehension is not a strong virtue in your area Hairki,

I never said that ALL AFRICAN MEN, I said that AFRICAN MEN are some of the most jealous hearted men in the entire world. If you find that offensive then you need to find offense in some of the boys on nairaland calling Nigerian women and black women GOLD DIGGERS and blood sucking leeches, BUT YOU SURE THE HELL AIN'T PROTEST THEN and you might write a quote or two, BUT ANYBODY MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT MEN OR AFRICAN MEN, here you come CAPTAIN SAVE AN AFRICAN MAN,

Men are more jealous than women and MEN HAVE KILLED THE WOMEN IN JEALOUS RAGE OR JEALOUS ANGER, and you know that,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2010
MrsEve:

From my experience, African men are some of the MOST JEALOUS hearted men in the ENTIRE world, and it the culture of African men.  It is cute to some women and a turn off to some women. A man that loves his wife or girlfriend is jealous if a man approaches his wife or girlfriend they ready to fight, to me IS WHY WOULD YOU FIGHT SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY APPROACHES YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND? 

I, as a woman will never understand THAT KIND OF JEALOUSY because to me it a sign of insecurity and  paranoia.  Black men in America get jealous as well, BUT NOTHING TOP AFRICAN MEN JEALOUSY, whooooweee, you can feel some HEAT in their jealousy and be ready to take cover,

For someone who has issues with spelling, you'd better shut it. . .

Furthermore, if the bolded parts above isn't blatant generalization of Africa men, then i don't know what else is.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2010
djcrucifix:

@ poster, sometimes it is, other times it's very dangerous

like what instances? maybe if the degree of jealousness is very high
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
I don't have a problem with spelling, JUST IGNANT AZZ NUKKAS LIKE YOU,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
@harakiri, a japanese term for corporal punishment hmmmm, ARE YOU A JEALOUS GUY ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2010
He is a jealous guy, THAT WHY HE GETTING DEFENSIVE,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2010
MrsEve:

I don't have a problem with spelling, JUST IGNANT AZZ NUKKAS LIKE YOU,

See who's fronting like some dead beat- brooklyn- diva-wannabe. I no blame u sha.Internet don dey affordable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Saw My Girlfriend's Chats With Her Malaysia Based Lover, I'm Walking Away / Prostitutes In Delta Attack Customers Over Unpaid Bills / See The Lovely Pre-wedding Photos That Got People Talking (black is beautiful)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.