Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment (24004 Views)

DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by AtlanticBreeze: 7:54am On Feb 04, 2016
Mixty:
I am not an APC groupie. Neither am I a PDP zombie. I have been a strong critic of the Buhari govt. I have opened threads to lambast the current APC government.

However. The truth must be told. It is shameful that the supreme court will affirm elections that both the national and international communities have condemned for the mindless rigging that the marred the election.

Two case studies are the Rivers and akwa ibom state governorship elections that were marred with electoral malpractices. both the tribunal and the court of appeal validated the fact thar bothe elections were rigged without an iota of conscience. yet the supreme court shamelessly validated those rigged elections to the surprise of Nigerians and the world at last.

The supreme court judgement of late has become a national and international embarrassment. And our highest court in the land is beginning to lose their reputation.

The supreme court is beginning to emerge as the greaest threat to free and fair elections in Nigeria.

Mixty
and Kano election that gave buhari 100% votes with the REC and family destroyed afterwards was free and fair? rubbish

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by alexlee50: 7:54am On Feb 04, 2016
Something is wrong with the poster.fruadulents judgements were given by the tribunal and appeal court, the supreme court has corrected this injustice this poster is hear talking trash.thank God for democracy, that God for the courage shown by the supereme court judges.they have once more strengthened our democracy and upheld the rule of law

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by fm7070: 7:55am On Feb 04, 2016
Mixty:
I am not an APC groupie. Neither am I a PDP zombie. I have been a strong critic of the Buhari govt. I have opened threads to lambast the current APC government.

However. The truth must be told. It is shameful that the supreme court will affirm elections that both the national and international communities have condemned for the mindless rigging that the marred the election.

Two case studies are the Rivers and akwa ibom state governorship elections that were marred with electoral malpractices. both the tribunal and the court of appeal validated the fact thar bothe elections were rigged without an iota of conscience. yet the supreme court shamelessly validated those rigged elections to the surprise of Nigerians and the world at last.

The supreme court judgement of late has become a national and international embarrassment. And our highest court in the land is beginning to lose their reputation.

The supreme court is beginning to emerge as the greaest threat to free and fair elections in Nigeria.

Mixty

As much as I share your sentiment, there are other things put into consideration by the Supreme court.
Seven Judges cannot be wrong at all times. And this is where you find the best interpretation of our laws because they know that lawyers will definitely rely on their judgment for reference in other similar matters.
They may also have to consider chaos and anarchy that will happen if they order a rerun based on flimsy reasons.
I think they've acted in the best interest of the country and we should move forward.
It is not morally right to condemn the judgment of the Supreme courts because you may not be privy to information that warrant such judgment.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by nnatom: 7:55am On Feb 04, 2016
mathelo:
lgnorance sometime should be hidden in the box of silence. But when the carrier is enhanced with such audacity burried in confidence, this is what we see. Who told Op that our court of law is subject to societal sentiment and opinion of international communities. If not because our citizens lack patriotism why must opinion of any society take precedece over our Supreme Court. Op Court of Law is not Court of opinion and court of law works with evidence

this is very sound.nice one bro

@op hope u saw dis

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 04, 2016
Nigeria is broke and the supreme court understands that.. if they cancel rivers,abia and akwa ibom election which money will they use to conduct the election...
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by MonPro: 7:56am On Feb 04, 2016
salisy:
Those underaged voters were actually sponsored and voted for PDP

Hausa man you deceive yourself alone. You guys would have lynched anyone who voted for PDP, even if they were your children. Buhari is your Allah and mohammed.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by tinsel: 7:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Saraki's judgement is today. Let us what the supreme court will also judge.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by nnatom: 8:01am On Feb 04, 2016
salisy:
My friend, politics aside, can you swear that the election is those states is free and fair up to 70 percent?

and can u swear dat election in Kano, kaduna kastina and even Lagos is free and fair 70%. pls stop saying trash cos u want to say something.open ur eye bro or sis whichever.

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by wolu4: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2016
femeritus:
If our judicial system were credible, the Supreme Court at least should have upheld some decisions of the Appeal Court. This will show that the judges are honorable and people of integrity which they should be. The Supreme Court setting aside ALL the decisions of the Appeal Court speaks volume about our judiciary and its composition. It shows the Judiciary is grossly incompetent, biased or partisan. For me, winning a court case at the Appeal Court or the Supreme Court depends on the interest of the judges. Maybe the Appeal Court judges are pro- APC and those at the Supreme Court are pro-PDP.
I Ave prepared. Ur indomie come let me feed u b4 it gets cold. Mteeeeeeeechw see reasoning now # so childish

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by fippycbk(m): 8:03am On Feb 04, 2016
salisy:
My friend, politics aside, can you swear that the election is those states is free and fair up to 70 percent?

Which Election has ever been free or fair in Nigeria and I mean by 30% sef?
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by Chukazu: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2016
there is serious perversion of justice with recent supreme Court pronouncements.
it's very easy to throw insults at others when you are the one benefiting from it.

for anyone who thinks those judges are above board, should think again, because what happened in Ghana recently with judges been indicted of corruption should be an opener to everyone who cares about our future. if such can in Ghana that is an epitome of democratic values; how much more Nigeria?
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by nnatom: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2016
salisy:

hmmmm bros ehhhh
did u see who dey voted for,is it possible for u to knw who yr neighbor is voting for in an ideal situation and how did u come abt this info. I'm suspecting u are among d Pple dat apc used in causing trouble in d past election

this might be d kind of statement most of d apc lawyers would have made dat caused d S court to judge in favour of pdp. bros u are a failure.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by tedemite: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2016
[The only reason the Supreme court is arm twisted into making this sort of decision is because of the mistake it made in the Rivers case.

In the Rivers case, they held that the use of Card reader was not a constitutional provision and so cannot be tendered as evidence as to whether or not an election truly held or didn't.

That opinion was enough to make all riggers win their case

So it means the country wasted billions of naira to procure card reading machines for something that will never count. What a shame.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by mindurword(m): 8:16am On Feb 04, 2016
Go and jump into the lagoon or just go and die in oshomole voice
Mixty:

Mixty
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by help3852: 8:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Mixty:

Mixty
sorry you don't know anything about law.

the judges work with evidence, if you can't prove your case, you will lose.

secondly, Tribunal and appeal courts were being manipulated and their judgments were full of errors.

Thirdly, Supreme court gave Amobode his mandate on similar grounds as Wike, Udom et al, if they diverted from their first ruling for Lagos state, it would have been contradictions of laws

2 Likes

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by BurukutuMallam: 8:22am On Feb 04, 2016
E pain you.Awww
Shey your name be mixty abi missing, go mix hot cement and drink
Then hug wet live transformer

Omase o

Mixty:

Mixty
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by Laeroy(f): 8:25am On Feb 04, 2016
Wailers are brain dead.Initially it was Buhari/APC using federal might to influence courts on all matters including elections to steal all PDP states mandates?Now they are saying d recent judge
ments by d same courts they dont believe in is bcs Buhari doesnt have power over supreme courts.Look at a retarded and slow poke thinking mentality.They were initially thinking Buhari/APC would go in d way of PDP to influence courts but have forgoten dat Buhari is a difft from dia ineffectual bufoon and blood sucking party called PDP.This is what d change Buhari promise is all about,including to jail all ur corrupt pay masters.Let d truth go down ur throat.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 04, 2016
salisy:
Name a state in Nigeria where there was 60% free and fair election sir.

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by BurukutuMallam: 8:30am On Feb 04, 2016
Card reader favoured Lagos state (people were disenfranchise as a reault of non working card reader)/you no talk. because you be APChit Zombie.

Now SC rule same against the use of card leader, you now know dey spend money to buy Nonsence

Stop being a hypocrites
As long as card reader is not recognise within the electoral law of Naija, it can never be use as bases for any cancelling or nullification of election

Tell your law makers to adjust the constitution so as to recognise card reader to avoid such in future

Mean while

For your mind you think say APChit go win in SS or SE

DREAM ON

tedemite:
[The only reason the Supreme court is arm twisted into making this sort of decision is because of the mistake it made in the Rivers case.

In the Rivers case, they held that the use of Card reader was not a constitutional provision and so cannot be tendered as evidence as to whether or not an election truly held or didn't.

That opinion was enough to make all riggers win their case

So it means the country wasted billions of naira to procure card reading machines for something that will never count. What a shame.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by EmmyUrch: 8:31am On Feb 04, 2016
[b][/b][b][/b]UR PMB is the international embarasment personified
Mixty:

Mixty
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by 6digitscomrade: 8:32am On Feb 04, 2016
na waooooo u take overdose of coffee?cuz d way ur pulses dey interchange affected ur writing or u deliberately wanted to spew thrash and NAIRALANDLY embarass ur kindred...go tru wat u wrote here and apologise to us and ursef as u retire in SHAME..
Mixty:

Mixty
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by okekeman(m): 8:33am On Feb 04, 2016
Mixty:

Mixty

What does that mean?
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by BurukutuMallam: 8:35am On Feb 04, 2016
Na APChit Zombie like you be brain dead.You inherited your block brain from your dullardho president

Una go use federal might for Tribunal and Apeal court and SC show una say una be learner

Abeg park well

Why una eye dey choke for SS where we see a lot of underage voters in the North yet all you hypocrites keep mute.

Abegiiiiiiiii

Laeroy:
Wailers are brain dead.Initially it was Buhari/APC using federal might to influence courts on all matters including elections to steal all PDP states mandates?Now they are saying d recent judge
ments by d same courts they dont believe in is bcs Buhari doesnt have power over supreme courts.Look at a retarded and slow poke thinking mentality.They were initially thinking Buhari/APC would go in d way of PDP to influence courts but have forgoten dat Buhari is a difft from dia ineffectual bufoon and blood sucking party called PDP.This is what d change Buhari promise is all about,including to jail all ur corrupt pay masters.Let d truth go down ur throat.

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by menxer: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2016
All things works together for good, let's congratulate the Supreme Court for judgement passed and the winners irrespective of our "painment" and sentiment and move on for there is work to be done; we can't afford to allow painment to cloud our sense of duty.

There will always be another election to win.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by drss(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2016
Mixty:

Mixty
how much dem pay u write dis rubbish
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by dom(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2016
Have you read the judgements to know their ratio decidendi, or is this just the rantings of another disgruntled and uninformed layman??

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by klassic(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2016
Mixty:

Mixty

Before you start criticising the judgement of the honourable court, you need ascertain their reasoning and why or how the arrive at that conclusion. You don't just wake up and start postulating base on emotions and speculations. The court don't have emotions or speculate. They deal solely based on fact, evidences availed them and the position of the law towards same. I will advise you wait till 12th and 15th Feb respectively before you castigate the highest court of the land. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 04, 2016
CACAWA:
that is not how jurisprudence works.

You can't punish a Trial Judge because you do not agree with his opinion.

If proof of bribery is substantiated, so be it. But to say because he felt party A was right, and you at the supreme court feel part B was right, so the juniour judge must be punished...what impetus.

The only reason the Supreme court is arm twisted into making this sort of decision is because of the mistake it made in the Rivers case.

That opinion was enough to make all riggers win their case.

This opinion is against what the Tribunals and appeal Courts held, and although one may argue that truly the card reader was not mentioned in the electoral act or constitution, it is understandable that the act grants INEC the right to organise it's affairs. Hence, any method it deems fit for Identifying a registered voter should become Law and Binding.

When I heard that Fmr Gov. Peter Odili's wife is a Justice of the Supreme Court...I just LAUGHED

I just hope the laughter will not degenerate to MADNESS.
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by Securedlife(m): 8:46am On Feb 04, 2016
who told you that Nigeria are surprised about the results from the supreme court, in fact, we would have been surprised if it was anything short of the delivered judgement. Nigeria is working
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2016
salisy:
Be truthful for once, you people won't cease to amaze me with all this lies
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by badesco(m): 8:55am On Feb 04, 2016
Mixty:

Mixty

If you disatisfied with the judgement go up and appeal
Re: Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment by Socketbet: 8:55am On Feb 04, 2016
Na so my people,they keep denying us of our choice and right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Calls Buhari “An Uncircumcised Philistine” / No Money For Peace Corps But There Is For Cattle Colony - Reno Omokri / Tony Kabaka: "Obaseki Used, Dumped Us" - Some APC Youths Cry Out (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.