Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Guys, What Would You Do If. . . - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, What Would You Do If. . . (1674 Views)

Guys!what To Look Out For Before Choosing Your Woman Btw This Two Type Of Ladies / BEING PREGNANT: Ladies/guys What Do You Miss Most About Your Body/wife. / Guys, What Do You Consider To Be A Fair Dowry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2009
A woman (whether yours or someone else's) gave you a HOT slap over an argument?  shocked

I need your CANDID opinion, please wink

Reason?

I was on a bus recently and a debate ensued between a woman and the bus-conductor (a full-grown man). All the passengers knew the woman was in the wrong. But at a point, the woman insulted the guy and he replied her, and next thing I heard was a thunderous slap on the guy's face. (Man, it was HOT!  shocked). Impulsively, the guy decided to retaliate but the passengers, mostly women, shouted at him not to try it. "You know, she's a woman!!" they warned. The guy reluctantly let his arm drop. And the woman, feeling justified by the "support," kept yelling at the guy. The few male passengers were indifferent. They seemed to be thinking, just like myself.

What was I thinking? Seriously, as I watched the guy's humiliated countenance and his reddened, tear-filled eye (it seemed one of the woman's fingers did the damage), I couldn't help asking myself some questions:

(1) What would I do in this man's case?
(2) Even if I was "gentlemanly" enough not to retaliate, how would this woman know that what she did wasn't right when everyone's criticism
was directed at her victim?
(3) Why do people by their actions, inactions and reactions keep giving women the impression that IT COULD BE RIGHT FOR A WOMAN TO HIT A MAN BUT IT'S NEVER RIGHT FOR A MAN TO DO SO? Should bad temper and violence be condoned for either of the sexes?

Over to you, friends wink
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Busybody2(f): 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2009
Violence from either sex should not be justified and is plainly wrong, and of I was around when that incident happened, I would have waded into the fracas and spoken up, to humiliate the woman if she was in the wrong smiley

And i guess the reason people supported the lady's action probably stems from the fact that the guy was a bus Conductor, hence was in a lower class of hierachy than she was, naija peeps sha undecided
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2009
And i guess the reason people supported the lady's action probably stems from the fact that the guy was a bus Conductor, hence was in a lower class of hierachy than she was, naija peeps sha

That could be one of the reasons. But I think the major reason why some women refuse to criticise a woman that's having issues with a man (even when she is clearly in the wrong) is the fear of being seen as a "betrayer of the sisterhood." And why some men do it is the fear of being seen as a "woman-hater." Everyone wants to be called a "gentleman," by hook or by crook smiley
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by ifyalways(f): 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2009
The woman was lucky. . . .i guess the conductor did not take jedi jedi or monkey tail that day,the woman face for red,e for over am.
I wud never raise my hands on any man no matter the level of provoation and i believe any woman that as much as raises her hand against any man shld be very well dealt with.
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Hauwa1: 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
good thing they prevented him from hitting her . . . i wish they talked to the woman also.

she won't be lucky next time. me i fear those Kondo o.
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2009
Hauwa, what exactly would you have told her? wink
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2009
And where are the guys?

Be MAN enough to say your mind! wink cheesy
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by IFELEKE(m): 10:54am On Jul 02, 2009
@Topic
Just seeing this now. . .
First Point, I will never raise my hands to smack a woman.
Back to the incident at hand.
If I were there, I would have pevented the conductor from hitting her back but I'll surely give the lady or woman a serious dress down and believe me,at the end of my talks, she would have preffered a smacking from the conductor to my verbal volleys.
Being a lady doesnt grant her(or anyone) the license to irrational/senile behaviour.
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2009
Got your point, Ife. But you've not answered my question wink

What would you do if a woman gave you a hot slap over an argument? grin
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2009
Guys, I need your views wink
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by IFELEKE(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2009
gen2genius:

Got your point, Ife. But you've not answered my question wink

What would you do if a woman gave you a hot slap over an argument? grin
I wil NEVER hit her back but believe me, I will make her regret doing that with verbal volleys.
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2009
gen2genius:

"You know, she's a woman!!" they warned.
Pathetic excuse
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Fhemmmy: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2009
This is surely a tough one.
However, i am sure people will support the woman for few reasons.
It was a word a "woman" against a bus conductor.
She is a lady.
And she is forgeting that the man is a husband and possibly someone's father too.
So i guess such woman needs to be re-educated, cos no matter wat, slapping the man wasnt a good thing.
What if she slap the man and the man dropped dead? what if the man make sure she never uses the hand ever again/
there is a need to train people on how to control their anger, male or female
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2009
Ife, are you sure you can surpass a woman in tongue-lashing? You think she'll keep quiet while you lambast her? I tell you, you can NEVER conquer a woman with that because the exchage of words will continue until people begin to blame you for "talking like a woman" grin
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2009
Fhemmy, you've not said how you'd react wink cheesy
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by theolar: 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2009
No rite tinkin woman wuld hit a man . D woman has no self respect. I wonda wat she will teach her children.
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2009
theolar:

No rite tinkin woman wuld hit a man . D woman has no self respect. I wonda wat she will teach her children.

I will do my best not to exchange words with a woman, cos they were born to argue and sometimes, even blindly.
So i will rather be quiet and dont argue with her, not to talk of getting to the slapping stage.
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by cold(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2009
In all honesty,nothing would have prevented me from hitting her back with my 50kg arm & throw her out of the bus for good measure.I carry myself with utmost restraint,but for a woman to slap me unjustifiably i might add,dayum!somebody gotta die angry
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by init4dmoni(m): 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2009
to tell u the truth, i might not hv been able to control my anger there angry
jst reading the story makes me feel bad that the woman has gotten away with such a thing angry
wven if i was a passenger i would hav atleast helped the conductor in insulting the womanbelieve me wen i say i'm very good in that area jst hoping that she would try it with me and see the punch i would have given her lipsrsealedok, maybe i won't undecided
it irritates me that this kind of humiliating happens and the woman walks away with the mindset that she can do this sort of thing and get away with it angry
God bless her she jams me one day :Pw
anyway sha i won't really want to start a fight a woman. . . .ever, but if she starts one with me, God knows i won't be the "gentle man" i usually am
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 6:36am On Jul 03, 2009
@ Cold, you're in the UK. You might be jailed for that, you know? Most times, no one cares about who started the aggression. The written and unwritten law everywhere says, "Thou shalt not beat a woman, WHATEVER (and that includes hitting) she does to you." So, she has the licence, but you don't. (At least, I read that on Nairaland almost everyday)  wink grin
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 9:47am On Jul 03, 2009
@ Cold and Init, how would you react if it was ur wife that did it? lol wink
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Fhemmmy: 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2009
How and why would your wife just slap you if you havent done anything stupendous
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2009

Oh, so, it's right for a wife to slap her husband if he has done something "stupendous"? I thought you mentioned in one of your posts that a man has no right to hit a woman irrespective of what she does? Is it different standards for men and women?
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2009
Fhemmy, answer ooo cool grin
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by ifyalways(f): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2009
gen2gen,u like wahala.
rofl
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2009
gen2genius:

Oh, so, it's right for a wife to slap her husband if he has done something "stupendous"? I thought you mentioned in one of your posts that a man has no right to hit a woman irrespective of what she does? Is it different standards for men and women?
Like i said earlier as well, no one shd hit anyone, everyone needs to keep their hands to themselves.
However, i will endorse a woman to slap the man if the man try to rape her, i will even clap for her.
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
And what if a woman tries to rape a man and he hits her, would you clap for him? (Now don't tell me a woman can't rape a man wink )

@Ify. . .haba, I be "gentleman" ooo, you no see ma ID? angry

grin
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2009
gen2genius:

And what if a woman tries to rape a man and he hits her, would you clap for him? (Now don't tell me a woman can't rape a man wink )
@Ify. . .haba, I be "gentleman" ooo, you no see ma ID? angry
grin

that is nice that you are a gentle man, however, if u are that gentle, i am sure a woman wanna rape you, you wont slap her, you will gentlemanly enjoy the ride.
However, if a woman wanna rape you, i am sure u are macho enuf to hold her down and run away, cos if you slap her, it is making u less of a man.
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2009
however, if u are that gentle, i am sure a woman wanna rape you, you wont slap her, you will gentlemanly enjoy the ride.

So, then, a lady too should "ladily" enjoy the ride, without slapping (don't forget the "gender equality" thing) wink

However, if a woman wanna rape you, i am sure u are macho enuf to hold her down and run away, cos if you slap her, it is making u less of a man.

Haa. . .Bros, how do you hold down someone as heavy as Yokozuna (or any of these sumo wrestlers) when you're not half her size? shocked It's not always that easy oo grin grin
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2009
gen2genius:

So, then, a lady too should "ladily" enjoy the ride, without slapping (don't forget the "gender equality" thing) wink

Haa. . .Bros, how do you hold down someone as heavy as Yokozuna (or any of these sumo wrestlers) when you're not half her size? shocked It's not always that easy oo grin grin

There is nothing like gender equality and we all know that, even the ladies know that, however, gender disparity dont mean slavery not means boxing/bossing them around.
If the woman is that heavy, then slip and run away. grin
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by gen2genius(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2009
grin grin grin

Let's hope there's enough space to do that wink
Re: Guys, What Would You Do If. . . by Outstrip(f): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2009
If he was my brother I would not let him retaliate either but I will surely kick her ass.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A massage can go a long way to make ur spouse/dearest one appreciate u better / Groom Flees Bride Upon Seeing His Wife. / Fight With My One Yr Old Son Over Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.