Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Barcelona Fans Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread (87250 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 3:56pm On May 12, 2008
WE LOVE YOU FRANK embarassed

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ztyle(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2008
Who knows Barca' the looser? grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 6:22pm On May 12, 2008
waz wrong with u zytle? u keep following me
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 1:49pm On May 13, 2008
up barca
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 6:04pm On May 13, 2008
Henry tops Barça scoring

In Thierry Henry’s first season at FC Barcelona, he is the side’s top scorer with 18 goals with one game yet to play.

After eight seasons with Arsenal, Henry had to adapt to a new team in a new country, and a new way of playing in which he was often required to play in unfamiliar positions. It was quite some challenge for a player who was used to playing in a team that was built around him.

But with one game left to play, the French striker is Barça’s top scorer with 18 goals: 11 in the League, 3 in the Champions League and 4 in the Cup.

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 6:06pm On May 13, 2008
. . .still on Henry

Important league goals

Henry’s first seven league goals were also important in securing five wins. He opened his account in style with a hat trick against Levante to secure three points. He then scored three at the Camp Nou to open the scoring in winning performances against Almería, Betis and Racing. His next was at Zaragoza and was the equaliser in game where the comeback was sealed with a Ronaldinho goal.

And in the cup too

It was in the Copa del Rey where he really came into his own. He scored his first goal in the competition to open the scoring against Alcoyano, and then scored a cracker in the next round against Sevilla, the only one of the two legs and which meant Barça were into the last eight. The story repeated itself against Villarreal in the next round where he scored the only goal of the tie to go into the semi finals, where once again he was on target with a headed goal against Valencia, which sadly was not enough to send Barça into the final.

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 5:29pm On May 18, 2008
Thank God We Won Yesterday! grin grin grin

Nice end for RIjkaard
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by nt4dmasses(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2008
Most definitely. Second to none for shizzie, home of dazling skills(Deco, Dinho,Messi,Iniesta,Bojan,Giovanni, should I continue?)What tha heck meeeen!! Whoever posted this thread just strained his fingers. Barca till I die.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 4:42pm On May 21, 2008
till u die? cheesy
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2008
[center]Barça’s sixth African signingBerta Brau[/center]

Seydou Keita is, apart from being the first Malian player in Barça’s history, the sixth African player to sign for the Catalan club. Mendonça, Amunike, Okunowo, Eto'o and Touré all preceded the signing of Keita.

The first African signing came about 67 years after the club was founded. However, it’s only during the last twelve years that African born players have had a real impact on the club.

Mendonça: the first African

In 1966 Jorge Alberto Mendonça passed into the history books by becoming the first African to don the azulgrana shirt. Arriving via Atletico Madrid, the Angolan striker had a great first season but slowly his performances waned, though he did win the Spanish Cup in 67/68.

The two Nigerians

Another 30 years passed before the second African signing arrived in the form of Nigerian Emmanuel Amunike. He signed from Sporting Lisbon and despite playing 33 games and scoring 3 goals in two seasons, his career with Barça was dogged by numerous knee injuries. Nevertheless, he managed to win six trophies with Barça (League 97/98, Cup Winners’ Cup 96/97, European Super Cup 1997, Spanish Cup 96/97 and 97/98 and Spanish Super Cup 1996).

Amunike left his position to another Nigerian, Okunowo, who was signed by Louis van Gaal. The defender won the Dutch manager’s confidence from the start and stayed with the club for two seasons, winning the league title in 98/99.

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2008
The arrival of Samuel Eto'o

In 2004 Barça signed the 23-year-old Cameroonian from Mallorca. He was unsettled and had a hunger for scoring goals and quickly became Barça’s African player par excellence. We don’t speak of any other but Samuel Eto’o. Goals, fighting spirit, character, feelings of belonging to Barça are just some of his defining characteristics.

Two Africans in two seasons

Ivorian, solid, committed and a great midfielder - these are some of the traits of Touré Yaya, the fifth African signing in Barça’s history. Touré arrived at Barça to bolster the defensive midfield and,despite not winning any trophies, the Ivorian has proven his tactical prowess and commitment to the club.

Now Seydou Keita has arrived from Seville as Barça’s sixth African signing with a desire to fight and excel at the Catalan club.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2008
[center]Barça tops in Euro 2008 representationBerta Brau[/center]

Barça is one of the clubs to have the most players taking part in Euro 2008. There will be eight Barça players in Switzerland and Austria, as there will be from Real Madrid, Werder Bremen and Bayern Munich.

Of the 368 players in the 16 finalised squads, no fewer than eight are on FC Barcelona’s books.

The eight Barça players

Those players are Henry, Abidal and Thuram, all for France, who were originally in the shortlist of 29 players named by Doménech and have all been named in the eventual 23. Carles Puyol, Xavi and Andrés Iniesta will all appear for Luis Aragonés’s Spain, and Deco and Zambrotta will there for Portugal and Italy, respectively.

Real Madrid also taking eight

Madrid also have eight players in the European Championship, namely
Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos for Spain, Metzelder for Germany, Sneijder, Van Nistelrooy and Robben for Holland, Pepe for Portugal and Cannavaro for Italy.

The Germans

Werder Bremen and Bayern Munich can also boast eight players in the finals. Bayern have sent all of Philipp Lahm, Marcell Jansen, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Miroslav Klose, Lukas Podolski for Germany, plus, Luca Toni with Italy and Willy Sagnol and Frank Ribéry with France.

The eight Werder Bremen players are Martin Harnik, with host nation Austria, Clemens Fritz, Per Mertesacker, Torsten Frings and Tim Borowski, with Germany, Markus Rosenberg with Sweden, Ivan Klasnic with Croatia and Hugo Almeida with Portugal.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tattooboy: 6:20pm On Jun 02, 2008
My God barca got no fan shocked cry embarassedMuki come join me now kiss
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by mukina2: 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2008
Tattooboy:

My God barca got no fan shocked cry embarassed[s]Muki come join me now kiss[/s]

angry

and Eto head butts a Journalist grin he wanted to do a remake of Zizou's 06 album but he sucked tongue tongue
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by A2J(m): 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2008
BARCA FOR LIFE, if you dont like barca as you claim, why post here then? abi na
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by crazylegs(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2008
Rather quiet around here. Pep Guardiola has made his first signing: Emmanuel Adebayor

God save us! sad I thought Villa was the man. The chap is practically begging to be signed by Barca or Madrid.

Still. I hear he's interested in Hleb. Now that's mouth-watering. Hleb on the left and Messi on the Right. I'm drooling.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 1:08am On Jun 25, 2008
they havent signed adebayor

official signings so far - keita, carceres, pique
alves has been agreed for 32million euros but it aint official yet,

potential signings in the work - hleb, adebayor, hernanes
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2008
heard laporta was about to resign but has reversed his decison
any news?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Tokenizer: 11:53am On Jul 10, 2008
he is not resigning at least. I don t understand why people want that much to have him out
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 2:00am On Jul 11, 2008
8 of the directors hav now resigned but laporta still remains
these are some troubled times,
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by tamsay(m): 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2008
to the catalans, should ronaldinho leave?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dyabman(m): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2008
No let him stay and Rot, hahahaha
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2008
its best he leaves considering the how thin the rapport with the fans is now
but i bliv he's still d best
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by bobbyL(m): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2008
ronaldinho to me is the best player barca can wish to have. kiss It is a pity dat they want him out at all cost cry .if only he can be
given all d necessary support to get back to shape,barca would be better for it.cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by bobbyL(m): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2008
ronaldinho to me is the best player barca can wish to have.   kiss   It is a pity dat they want him out at all cost cry .if only he can be
 given all d necessary support to get back to shape,barca would be d better for it.cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2008
its too late, to many broken eggs
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by crazylegs(m): 11:17am On Jul 15, 2008
Barca knows when to let players move on. His time in Barca has passed. I really hope the guy starts playing reasonable soccer again sha.

But what does Barca really need?

I think they need a "hard man" kind of player. Someone like Gatusso or Frings. A good replacement for Valdes would also be great.

What we don't need is Adebayor!!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2008
a hard man??yaya toure and keita is enough
about valdes, there are few good keepers left, the best ones are seriously tied up
also,NO to adebayor
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2008
welcome hleb, goodbye ronaldinho

who's next?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 12:15am On Jul 17, 2008
view

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kayality: 12:50am On Jul 17, 2008
I love Barcelona more than anything in this world
UP
BARCA
MORE TROPHY IN THIS SEASON
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 12:53am On Jul 17, 2008
that might be true but u dont love them more than me

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs PSG UCL (2 - 2) On 11th March 2015 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (6 - 0) On 10th February 2019 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.