Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? (11071 Views)

Poll: did you hawk things

yes, I did: 53% (85 votes)
I didn't: 46% (75 votes)
This poll has ended

STRANGE: Evil Hawk Robs Market Woman In Benue Community / Palace Chiefs Sighted On The Streets Of Ife As Ooni's Burial Rites Begins / The True Black Hawk Down Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by sosisi(f): 1:09am On Jul 02, 2009
I just wanted to know.
Tell us what you hawked on Nigerian streets (if any) to help the family financially.
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by MrCrackles(m): 1:14am On Jul 02, 2009
Thank God for my life. . . . . .
Osisi what did you hawk? Breadfruit or Garden egg? tongue
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by sosisi(f): 1:15am On Jul 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Thank God for my life. . . . . .
Osisi what did you hawk? Breadfruit or Garden egg? tongue

Kuli kuli on agege motor road grin
weren't you the one selling pure water nearby?
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by spoilt(f): 1:17am On Jul 02, 2009
I didnt. Thank goodness.
My father once yelled at an underaged child in traffic to take her tray and run home very quickly. He was so angry. She was so little. She couldnt have been more than five.  shocked
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by Hauwa1: 1:20am On Jul 02, 2009
daukwa, kose, gida, alewa mecca, masa . . . had my zani da dankwali on and off to sell to the mallamis and imamu

i brought my trays with me to obodo ndi ocha
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by ladykool(f): 1:52am On Jul 02, 2009
heheehehe me i hawk agege bread, pure water, gala, wetin i no hawk everything name am i hawk!!
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by preselect(m): 4:07am On Jul 02, 2009
i hawked odobiri ofushie and amu mbakwe i had to wake up in the morning to hawk and then go to school in the afternoon. i used to eat some of what i was hawking and then my aunt will flog the living hell out of me grin

i also hawke icheku, udara and groundnut-cake. na wa o
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by sosisi(f): 4:20am On Jul 02, 2009
pres-elect:

i hawked odobiri ofushie and amu mbakwe i had to wake up in the morning to hawk and then go to school in the afternoon. i used to eat some of what i was hawking and then my aunt will flog the living hell out of me grin

i also hawke icheku, udara and groundnut-cake. na wa o

Ebelebe nke Igba!
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by preselect(m): 4:26am On Jul 02, 2009
ebelebe nke igba my sister grin
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by JustGood(m): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2009
I hawked ground-nut, bread, kulu kuli, cassettes, pure water and ewa agoyin grin
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2009
Tomatoes!
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by Hauwa1: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2009
i can imagine Justgood with those things on his head.

there was a guy that used to hawk cooked Akpu back then. he was so lanky. whenever he walked by us, we used to sing

Akpu belle o e e
Akpu belle o eyaaaa

i never hawked anything honestly though but made friends with the hausa hawker.

kudos to the hawkers. but that thing should be STOPPED. it lead to boys and men misbehaving. i used to see some boys and men tapping on hawkers bottom and touching their breast. shocked
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by preselect(m): 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2009
hauwa cool down. one day when i was 8yrs old, i was hawking odobiri ofuchie one lady bought all my stuff and paid me less, she asked me to come inside and collect the remaining money but i had to call my aunt who went and took the money. what did a lady want from an 8 yr old. by 7pm? she had the money in her purse, i saw it. but she wont give me. i even offered to give her my friend toshman for sex grin but she wont accept. she insisted she wants me

so women also misbehaved cool
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:06am On Jul 03, 2009
Just saw this thread and it brought back memories.

Now I didnt hawk nothing o!! but my mum did. I use to go with her cause we didnt have househelps/baby-sitters. My mum used to hawk tomatoes and akamu (although she was a graduate).

Look at me now!! cool
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by MrCrackles(m): 12:07am On Jul 03, 2009
Okija_juju:

Look at me now!! cool

I cant see you! tongue
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:28am On Jul 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

I cant see you! tongue

if only you could!! tongue

What good bruv!! long time. I see you are still same ol' brash!!
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by mamagee3(f): 1:09am On Jul 03, 2009
No, because I am not in that level. angry
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by preselect(m): 3:14am On Jul 03, 2009
Okija_juju:

Look at me now!! cool

bro, na u be de person wey i see for ya profile so?
wahala dey o grin
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by samparian(m): 4:16am On Jul 03, 2009
yes i did.
i hawked ice block twice in 1985
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by samparian(m): 4:21am On Jul 03, 2009
i just did it for the fun of it because i saw other kids in my street doing it but my parents stopped me, said i was damaging the family image. i didnt understand what they meant then
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by rubi(f): 4:22am On Jul 03, 2009
Do not despise your early/little beginnings. I don't think it has anything to do with level
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by samparian(m): 4:40am On Jul 03, 2009
exactly, those 2 times i hawked ice block taught me things i cherish till today
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by samparian(m): 4:42am On Jul 03, 2009
@ rubi
i like your signature. its inspiring
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by trueseeke: 7:22am On Jul 03, 2009
hey guys, that was one thing my parents never liked but u know as a child you would want to have a feel of everthing. i really craved for it but never had the oppurtunity,anyway thank God it dint happen.
Thumbs up to those that did,ur reward is in heaven.
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by Sissy3(f): 7:25am On Jul 03, 2009
no
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by mayrho(m): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2009
Hawk NO but, I sold Fruits (the thing plenty and im dey spoil) in High school and Diskettes/CDs in Uni just because i felt people were exploited
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by javalove(m): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2009
michelin89:

Tomatoes!

I hawked the same thing on Lagos Island. . .
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by iice(f): 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2009
mayrho:

Hawk NO but, I sold Fruits (the thing plenty and im dey spoil) in High school and Diskettes/CDs in Uni just because i felt people were exploited

My brothers did the same thing with Guavas. How the sold the thing is beyond me. I mean just burgeoning guavas ooo grin grin

@Topic, nope.
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by hackney(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2009
Really? some of you guys are lying that you hawked something just to add a dangerous edge to your
otherwise boring lives.

Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by Secretz(f): 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ topic nope!

My younger bro when in secondary school used to buy luxury donuts, sweets etc from the supermarket and come and sell it at school, put the canteen people out of business. tongue
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by pek(m): 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2009
hawked akpu!! used to take from my village to one other village where demand was higher.
Re: Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? by Jeovy(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
this topic takes me back memory lane, I cant believe I almost forgot that I hawked Kerosene,tomatoes,palm oil etc in onitsha. Times changes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 / Arochukwu Disobedience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.