Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll (30493 Views)

6,280 Ghost Workers, Pensioners To Face ICPC Probe In Enugu / EFCC Arraigns Three "Ghost Workers" For N9.7m Fraud (Photos) / Ghost Workers: EFCC Arraigns Family Members For Manipulating Fg’s Payroll (2) (3) (4)

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by boboLIL(m): 8:50am On Feb 05, 2016
chynie:

LOL i tot u be winch corper
lolss na ghost I wan be...
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 05, 2016
Maybe GTB embarassed
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by ceejay80s(m): 8:50am On Feb 05, 2016
These people don finish nigeria!!!!!!
Dem deg sack human beings and dem deg pay ghost workers
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 05, 2016
They should be arrested
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Urine: 8:51am On Feb 05, 2016
BVN was Sanusi's idea.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Uten9z(m): 8:53am On Feb 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
And then some will come to insult Buhari.

I always ask myself that what exactly is wrong with those attacking Buhari and his working policies?this is a man sanitizing Nigeria, ONE DAY at a time, and so far Nigeria is working.

For those against Buhari's Government, please and please, go for a Psycho-Analysis test just to determine if every part of you as a Human, functions very well.

Once again, Buhari Government Saving Nigeria and Nigerians money from THIEVES.

Sai Buhari.

See another zombie
How is Buhari involved in this policy.
This are institutions of the last regime.

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by geobestokoye: 8:57am On Feb 05, 2016
good one
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by bywaters(m): 8:57am On Feb 05, 2016
Do the math with minimum 18,000 *23,306 equals 419,508,000 monthly! Now tell me why the people behind this should not jailed!!

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by otil1: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2016
ademega:
most northerners would be affected. that is how they do even at local government level.

Jonathan regime brought the idea of BVN, but he lacked the balls to implement it Buhari got their and did the implementation within a very short period of time without minding to step on toes. the bulk of the arms deal investigation were gotten from this policy.

implementation is the key in any administration even if u have good policies, without implementation you are a failure just like..... I no mention name oh

Sir, you are. Very wrong.

Our youths have proven to be very lazy. Just do a simple google search before you start running your mouth.

What do you mean by the boldened when when the commencement and final set deadline for BVN implementation were all in Gej era?

BVN: The banking public and the June deadline ON MAY 18, 20151:40 AMIN BUSINESS, NEWSCOMMENTS By Babajide Komolafe Bank customers across the country have thirty three days from today to enrol for the Bank Verification Number (BVN)However there are issues concerning how many customers would have enrolled for the exercise by the deadline, even as stakeholders in the banking industry have stepped up efforts to highlight the benefits of the initiative for the country as a whole. The BVN was introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria and was launched February 14th last year. It is the registration of customers in the financial system using biometric technology. Biometric technology involves the process of recording a person’s unique physical traits such as fingerprints and facial features. This record can then be used to correctly identify the person afterwards. Once a person’s biometrics has been properly captured, the person is given a Bank Verification Number or BVN. According to the CBN, The objective of the BVN initiative is to protect  bank customers, reduce fraud and further strengthen the Nigerian banking system. Fraud is reduced because no two people have the same biometric information. Banks will therefore be able to check the features of a person doing a transaction against the record, which the bank has captured thereby correctly identifying the owner of an account. Enrolment To enroll for the BVN, bank customers have to visit a branch of their bank, complete and submit the BVN enrolment form, after which, the biometric information such as fingerprints and facial imagery  are recorded. The customer is then issued an acknowledgment slip with transaction ID. Thereafter, BVN is created and the customer is alerted via SMS to arrange for pick-up. Fast-Track Measures In order to fast-track enrolment of customers for the BVN, the CBN October last year, stipulated targets and deadline for banks. The apex bank also made the BVN a condition for accessing loan. The CBN stated in circular, “In order to fast-track the enrolment process: DMBs are expected to give attention to enrolment of their customers; All DMBs are required to enrol at least, 40 percent of their customers on or before 31st December 2014, and 70 percent on or before 30th March 2015; All DMBs are required to fully integrate their core banking system, latest by 31st October 2014, to ease the enrolment process; All new loans must have the BVN as condition precedent to drawdown, with effect from 3rd November 2014; All credit customers must have BVNs by 31st December 2014; The Central Bank of Nigeria will monitor compliance”.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/bvn-the-banking-public-and-the-june-deadline/

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by otil1: 9:01am On Feb 05, 2016
Urine:
BVN was Sanusi's idea.

Sanusi was Jonathan's idea
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Uten9z(m): 9:01am On Feb 05, 2016

Sai Buhari. [/quote]

See another zombie
How is Buhari involved in this policy.
This are institutions of the last regime.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by leanalyst: 9:02am On Feb 05, 2016
HungerBAD:

I always ask myself that what exactly is wrong with those attacking Buhari and his working policies?this is a man sanitizing Nigeria, ONE DAY at a time, and so far Nigeria is working.

For those against Buhari's Government, please and please, go for a Psycho-Analysis test just to determine if every part of you as a Human, functions very well.

Sai Buhari.
Baba please who started both ippis and BVN? Investigate before you give the wrong people credit.

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by muyibaba222(m): 9:03am On Feb 05, 2016
Wont they come here and shout witch-hunting again? Awon oni iranu
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by steppins: 9:05am On Feb 05, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Ipob spotted.
zheroes:
its not about when did it start? what did they do when they started it? its not enough to buy a laptop and begin to brag am on top of my game, do I have any intention of gathering and analyzing data with it?

thumbs up PMB!!! if I will blame him on the north east I will also applaud him on this one
Bla Bla bla! God! Bunch of nut jobs! Answer a simple question! When did BVN start?
What was the purpose? To give banks something to do?
Like I said earlier, you guys should grow a brain.

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by ican2020: 9:08am On Feb 05, 2016
Possible4you:

http://thenationonlineng.net/bvn-exposes-23306-ghost-workers-on-fed-govt-payroll/
This cannot be true, why?
IPPIS is a biometrics anchored system which is suppose to take finger prints of all officers in the ministries.
The questions now are:
Can a single biometrics machine accept one officer's finger on many occasions without detecting it
Does it mean different finger prints of those outside the civil services was used to open the accounts
Who captured these so call names?
Why are they deleting the accounts without saving all the infos for proper investigations, so that appropriate sanctions can be applied
Something is wrong here and I will update this later
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 05, 2016
Seyiblogz:
Thank God o just imagine 18k x 23500
. 18k ke! Should be talking about 100k and above x 23500. Here in FMC J--- there's even 570k x 200. work it out
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Huffington: 9:10am On Feb 05, 2016
Progressive01:
The reason why some people fought so hard against the PVN policy is being gradually exposed.

The Ineffectual Buffoon and his piglets made the country so conducive an environment for corruption of all sorts to thrive while he did nothing but sit in Aso Rock and binge on liquor all year long.

I pray the hottest parts of Hades be reserved for him and his piglety supporters when they eventually meet their god- saTAN.

Nonsense.
Before you begin masturbating over sai baba, please be informed that the BVN policy began under President Goodluck Jonathan.

Now go on and use your vaseline. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Vongsama(m): 9:16am On Feb 05, 2016
HungerBAD:

Ma brother no make people wey know wats up insult u. BVN policy preceeds PMB. Pls dnt credit him with this. I beg u.
Sai Buhari.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by yaki84: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2016
Exponental:
I knew BVN will be 'bad market' for many people. Waiting for other seasons.

abeg who introduced bvn?
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Akainzo(m): 9:23am On Feb 05, 2016
kevoh:

Quit lying. BVN had been implemented way back in 2014. I did my registration in November 2014. It doesn't even matter who implements it, creating an INSTITUTION that will automatically checkmate fraud,embezzlement and corruption without any leader singing it on media propangada is what Nigerians what.

So GEJ implemented BVN, yet this 23,000+ were still collecting salaries for more than a year! Well done, please receive brain.

By your same reasoning, I hope you'd not say GEJ achieved much for Railways since rail lines were built since the 1960s and rail as a policy was started by the colonial masters.

SMH

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Akainzo(m): 9:25am On Feb 05, 2016
ican2020:

This cannot be true, why?
IPPIS is a biometrics anchored system which is suppose to take finger prints of all officers in the ministries.
The questions now are:
Can a single biometrics machine accept one officer's finger on many occasions without detecting it
Does it mean different finger prints of those outside the civil services was used to open the accounts
Who captured these so call names?
Why are they deleting the accounts without saving all the infos for proper investigations, so that appropriate sanctions can be applied
Something is wrong here and I will update this later

Deleting an account does not remove it from other systems, neither does it imply the data is not being kept somewhere. You could be making assumptions based on your limited knowledge.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by majekobaje1: 9:26am On Feb 05, 2016
Gbese ree oooo gbese reee
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by soropee: 9:26am On Feb 05, 2016
Progressive01:
The reason why some people fought so hard against the PVN policy is being gradually exposed.

The Ineffectual Buffoon and his piglets made the country so conducive an environment for corruption of all sorts to thrive while he did nothing but sit in Aso Rock and binge on liquor all year long.

I pray the hottest parts of Hades be reserved for him and his piglety supporters when they eventually meet their god- saTAN.

Nonsense.

It obvious that some of us are still misinformed even with the wanton availability of information at our disposal. Who initiated and implemented the BVN policy? To you it is @PMB led government; let it be on the record that it was @GEJ led government that the policy of BVN was initiated even in his liquor drinking state was able to come up with the policy...while you non-drinking liquor mini-god what useful policy has he come up with? SMH!!!
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by oluemmakay(m): 9:31am On Feb 05, 2016
Imagine the percentage... Out of 300,000+, 23,000+ are culprits... Imagine wen dey ll be tru wit d whole process... I wont be surprise if the number of culprits increased to 1m+.

Naija which way...
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 05, 2016
brunofarad:
"We will fight corruption with institutions"

Did anybody remember this statement ?

This is one of the results
Good one bro, but you should have gone a step further to credit the statement to our amiable Goodluck Jonathan
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by ernecy(m): 9:32am On Feb 05, 2016
Progressive01:

Nonsense.
you are the buffon here, the present admistrastion did not introduce BVN, don't come and post rubbish bcuz of political party affiliation.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by oluemmakay(m): 9:36am On Feb 05, 2016
soropee:

It obvious that some of us are still misinformed even with the wanton availability of information at our disposal. Who initiated and implemented the BVN policy? To you it is @PMB led government; let it be on the record that it was @GEJ led government that the policy of BVN was initiated even in his liquor drinking state was able to come up with the policy...while you non-drinking liquor mini-god what useful policy has he come up with? SMH!!!

If der's no continuity and effective implementation of the policy... It wont yield the results we are talking about today.

Initiation stage is the easiest stage in every developmental cycle.
Nevertheless, i do not in any way discredit GEJ's effort to initiate the policy...
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by superstar1(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2016
These same people will still carry their bags and go to mosque on Fridays and church on sundays.

These are parents of somebody.

Nigeria, Nigerians and hypocrisy.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by emmaelectelect(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2016
Progressive01:

Nonsense.
Man let it sink to your head GEJ government implemented BVN, Simple!
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Melkizedek(m): 9:40am On Feb 05, 2016
Akainzo:

So GEJ implemented BVN, yet this 23,000+ were still collecting salaries for more than a year! Well done, please receive brain.

By your same reasoning, I hope you'd not say GEJ achieved much for Railways since rail lines were built since the 1960s and rail as a policy was started by the colonial masters.

SMH
I am sure your type were the ones who refused to do theirs early enough hence why the deadlines were postponed..lawless nigerians! and yet you ask why they were collecting money for months..I am sure if the past administration stuck to the previous deadline YOU and your ilk will be the first to carry placards and protest against them for being 'insensitive'
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by kevoh(m): 9:40am On Feb 05, 2016
Akainzo:

SMH
I'm pretty sure I have more sense (brain) than you. BVN was announced in February 2014,
1.how long did it take Nigerians and ther lackadaisical attitude to get registered on the system?
2. How many made any serious move till the deadline was announced?
3. Can a system(BVN) start working with only 10% of about 150 million Nigerians registered with the remaining 90% who want change but refused to avail themselves for registration unless a deadline is announced?

By the way, who f*cking cares about who implements it? We just want a system that automatically checkmates fraud irrespective of who is at the top.YOU, GEJ and PMB should get some brains.

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by DONshawn: 9:40am On Feb 05, 2016
If you make good policies and refuse to impliment them, you haven't done anything! It's either because you are the problem or a part thereof; especially if/when the policies turn out to be A HIT BACK TO BACK when implimented...

Fire Razes Residence Of Man Caught With Human Parts In Ibadan (Photos) / Student Of AAU Arrested With Stolen Car / UPS Staff Attacks His Wife In Lagos, Flees (Disturbing Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57