Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,252 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) (31571 Views)

In This Scenario, What Would You Teach Your Child? / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:49am On Feb 06, 2016
ladyF:

Hmmm a kid at 15 driving? Some kids will still be so short, their legs won't' get to the pedals . I strongly disagree luv kiss
And let me also remind you that American kids of 16 wouldn't be too "short" to drive cos they grow more than there African counterparts!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Romzy26: 6:52am On Feb 06, 2016
Cutehector:
darling, alot of kids are driving in d united states! My cousin started driving when she was 16!
Darling, wetin u call am? USA not 9ja. Altho, a 16 year old can learn how to drive but never mature to enter this our lagos express. Maybe just drive around the estate
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Romzy26: 6:57am On Feb 06, 2016
ladyF:
Adren and Cutehector....

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. However, all these ones una dey talk na story. NONE of my kids will get behinds the wheels of a car before they turn 18. If they don't like it, they should force themselves to like it. Whether Ronaldo joined Man U at 2 years or whatever, dat one no *consign* me.

I'm going to be a very protective mom, they have their whole lives to be driving cars and whatever they want to drive, but for someone less than 18, knowing how to handle an automobile is not on the list of my top 10 priorities for your life at that point!
Hmmm. A Very PROTECTIVE mum. You got it wrong there. Don't over protect ur kids, instead advise them and let them do that which they love as long as its good and not hurting anyone.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Sunjos: 7:02am On Feb 06, 2016
Thanks for your post. But this is Nigeria and not UK or US. Most we copy everything from the Western world? Including driving age?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by darealez(m): 7:11am On Feb 06, 2016
ladyF:

Hmmm a kid at 15 driving? Some kids will still be so short, their legs won't' get to the pedals . I strongly disagree luv kiss

I started driving b4 15 and b4 18 I was explicitly an awesome guy behind d wheels. I'm over 20 yet ma old man's still like "you ain't driving cos of wt ppl wil say if an accident occurs". Parental figments of fear has limited everything Nigerian youngsters can do!

----could remember mum saying swimming does no good than to kill-------
--------learning to play musical instruments as a kid is like signing a F9 contract --------
-------stunt is just like signing a death contract--------
--------build your brain nt ur muscle---------
lolz

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by zanga420: 7:19am On Feb 06, 2016
Cutehector:
I never said all kids who are fifteen years ought to be driving.

Of course yes some won't be able, but that doesn't mean the others who are capable shouldn't be taught how to drive.

I see myself as going to be a very good dad cheesy and a very modern one as well, am goma teach my kids myself how to drive at age 18. Am also gona teach dem hw to be self dependent at that age too. Give them small tasks to do while dey get paid so they learn the value of money.

It's more like the "blackish" movie kind of family wink
hector, which one be 'blackish' again?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Awotimi(m): 7:31am On Feb 06, 2016
ladyF:
Adren and Cutehector....

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. However, all these ones una dey talk na story. NONE of my kids will get behinds the wheels of a car before they turn 18. If they don't like it, they should force themselves to like it. Whether Ronaldo joined Man U at 2 years or whatever, dat one no *consign* me.

I'm going to be a very protective mom, they have their whole lives to be driving cars and whatever they want to drive, but for someone less than 18, knowing how to handle an automobile is not on the list of my top 10 priorities for your life at that point!
lol...if you happen to have kids now I can bet it with you that once they're 16 they'll start driving wether with your consent or not.....being over protective jst increases the child's sneaky brain.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by NemzySeries(m): 7:34am On Feb 06, 2016
ladyF:
Teach your kids how to drive at 15? The human being that made the minimum age18 wasn't in his right senses? Some people sef, this is so not safe!

Why don't you let him fly an airplane? angry
cum to abj, kano, kaduna, kastina (infact d entire north) & see wat mallam's kids are doing wit cars @ less dan 15yrs of age......a lot of dem engage in car stunts especially so no small pikin 4 dis world as u had imagine
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by NemzySeries(m): 7:46am On Feb 06, 2016
I kw aw much beating & challenge I went tru b5 dey allowed me start driving in dis hauz Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo....1st dey said till after secondary school, l8r dey said till I'm 18yrs, l8r dey said till I get admission(n all dis while I wuz doing secret tutorials wit a neighbour & wuz stealing our own car wen both parents go out wit 1) dem kon change mouth say till I finish 100L.....mehn na dere I vex Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo....even wen I asked dem money 4 licence dey were jst turning me up & dwn till i jst carry ma own money go do licence & na so popcy start to send me frm dat day till date apart frm office he drives himsef to d rest na me + mumcy join..........sotay d places dem kon dey send me go wit car kon dey annoying..go & buy fuel, carry d dogs to d vet, go & check if aunty ngozi is bk, go & say hi to d mechanic, carry dis yams to pastor's hauz etc

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by eDoc: 7:57am On Feb 06, 2016
Femco2016:
Teenage driving on Nigerian on roads? No way....we dont obey traffic, is the answer..... Its only in Nigeria that someone is making a reverse on round about....tell me.

You over make sense,i beg give some to the op
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by maxwinno: 8:04am On Feb 06, 2016
I started driving at 17 during my waec class. Though my dad wasn't in support den. But now, am his special professional driver.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by eDoc: 8:28am On Feb 06, 2016
adren:
The world is rapidly evolving and so are the inhabitants thereof.. it is no mere gainsaying that kids of nowadays develop and grow rapidly into adults and most times we wonder how time flies..
However, unlike their foreign counterparts, most nigerian parents are reluctant to teach and orientate their kids on driving lessons.
Driving is a skill which if acquired, is improved upon over time before the driver can become an expert at it..
So dear nigerian parents who can afford a car, highlighted below are reasons why you should teach your kids to drive before they reach full puberty.

1. freedom of expression: nigerian parents' head swell when their young ones make them proud but only little of them gives room to aid their kid's expression and courage.
imagine a 22 year old asking NLders how to toast a fine girl in his street wtf!!!
please, driving lessons can boost your child's morale and physical skills because kids are naturally born to be eager to learn new things..

2. emergency cases: i once heard a story of a woman who wanted to give birth.. her cell phone was down, her husband was away from the country, it was just she, 4 cars in her garage and a 12 year old who couldn't drive.. unfortunately, she died..
i heard another story too of a man who, while driving to his hometown with his 9 year old kid got an heart attack, it was that boy who bravely drove his dad to the hospital and saved his life ( it is no mere fiction, i saw it on a national daily)..
now, what does the two stories above preach to you??

3. sweet sixteen: in UK, when you are about to clock sixteen, excitements fill your heart because you are either gon get your own car or you are gon have full access to your parents'..
reverse is the case here and it is quite unfortunate.. even if you can't afford to buy your kids one on their birthday or you do not have one of your own, take them for driving lessons and obtain driver's license for them 'with faith'.. trust me, it is the best present for a sixteen year old..

4. sheer embarrasment: in this age, it is now more embarrasment for a teenager who can't drive than for a fully grown woman who can't cook ordinary soup..
yes..it is true
she can cover up her mess by buying food outside or employing others to, but you can't hide the fact that you can't drive..
infact, it makes you lazy and awkward..

5. job opportunities: evidently speaking, some firms require those with driving lessons.. driving is a whole skill on its own..

My dad's boss wanted to send me a message when i was 15 year old..he asked, could you drive?? i answered no.. he was just shaking his head in pity for me.. then, he asked his 13 year old girl to drive me to get the assignment done..
i had regrets from that trip, i am sure i'd have been paid a lot of money if i had acquired driving skills earlier..

Nairalanders, abeg come and share your driving meme and awkward experiences..

What age did you learn to drive??

Ever been embarrased by your lack of driving abilities?? please share

temitope steve reporting

Flawed logic
Flawed Analysis

1.freedom of expression
Of all things in life driving a car validates and conforms to freedom of expression,i did say you hit the wrong buzzer,what happened to been amazing in literature,writing books,computing and programming,sports,culinary activities,even gaming,building another social media platform that could be rival virtual reality.
freedom of expression is more than driving a car,why not build one,now that is freedom to express.

2.emergency cases
That is what the ambulances are for emergency,your neighbours,pop,mom,older siblings,except you are in the Antarctica,in such cases a sledge and not a car would be needed.

3.Sweet sixteen
From wikipedia,'A sweet sixteen is a coming of age party celebrating a female's 16th birthday in North America, primarily in the United States and Canada'.
Keep being a sweet sixteen out of the reasons for driving,you could do better.
Should it be sweet pre-fifteen,after all the article state reasons why you should drive before you are fifteen,sweet sixteen means

4.sheer embarrassment
At this age,not been able to drive should be the least of your problems,not to talk of sheer embarrassment,
Not been able to log-in to a social media network,not having an avatar,not been able to put a smile on someone's face,not thinking of your peers in other war torn countries,not been able to be creative enough,not been under the influence,are better ways of quantifying sheer embarrassment.

5.job opportunities
You dad's friend had a 13year old driver,or should i say a 13year old that could drive and bothered to find out if you knew how to drive,op give me a break,job opportunities are uncountable that driving should be the less of your worries,You need to go some where,hail a cab,that's what a driver is there for.Except you want to end up being dangote's truck driver,i did pass.

I guess if you are using the article for traffic generation it's understandable,but the title missed the spot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by legundarybeans(m): 8:37am On Feb 06, 2016
adren:

dear ladyF.. please wake up..
we are no longer in the generation of eba, akpu and solid pap from when you were born..

now it is custard, oat, salad and chocoloate generation which undoubtedly spurs growth hormone and makes a 13 year old kid looks 25 year old..

here is an example..
manchester united's player martial is 19..
nd even has a kid or 2 sef
adren:

we are no longer in the generation of eba, akpu and solid pap from when you were born..

now it is custard, oat, salad and chocoloate generation which undoubtedly spurs growth hormone and makes a 13 year old kid looks 25 year old..

here is an example..
nd even has a kid or 2 sef
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Segunagagu(m): 8:39am On Feb 06, 2016
Am 29 and i don't know how to drive!!!!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ronaldbecky(m): 9:03am On Feb 06, 2016
Cutehector:
darling, alot of kids are driving in d united states! My cousin started driving when she was 16!
op this is naija
nt America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by lawrizo(m): 9:23am On Feb 06, 2016
leaning to drive at 15 is not bad, in our backyard here Libyan a boy of 10yrs are doing tax. so hving a leaner permit at 15 and drivers liceance at 18 is positive
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by eDoc: 9:26am On Feb 06, 2016
Segunagagu:
Am 29 and i don't know how to drive!!!!!!

Don't worry when the need arises,you would do the needful.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by anigbajumo(m): 9:32am On Feb 06, 2016
rollUP:

No na manual no easy..... I talk say na automatic sure pass

Is also easy,just find someone to teach you like 3times consecutively.our driver teach me for just 3days b4 I knw how to drive manual car.....
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Amiee99(f): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2016
Lordaweezy:
Hard to believe though. Most teenagers seek adventures I guess you're not the adventurous type.

I am. But, I know the consequences that any nonsense would attract. And I respect my parents.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by MSHEKS(m): 10:17am On Feb 06, 2016
adren:

here is an example..
Please he is 20... 1995 december 5th
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Yes o, its very important ur kids drive early..
Started drivin dad's car to church at age 15 16. In 2nd yr i was in charge of the fellowship bus, also in 4th yr i was the only accepted candidate on IT at a company cus i cud drive.. Many benefits! Bt car bashing nd police encounters can be very discouraging nd annoying esp as a learner
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by CHISOMPHILIP(m): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
Cutehector:

Thank God u said US...dis is Nigeria
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
isn't this actually illegal?

Also, these are dumb reasons. one excellent reason is, very soon, cars that require drivers will go extinct. and the ones who learn how to drive now will have bragging rights in the future. that they were one of the last set of people to drive cars.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by KeleDon(m): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Well its not bad someone learning or teaching his kid how to drive at early age cos of sum family/home casualties like wen help is needed urgently...
My elder bro learnt how to drive at the age of 14 while i in particular learnt how to drive at da age of 12. But i made my first express driving at da age of 13 driving my dad 505 peugeot car.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by michhitman(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
lol...a 9ja kid owning a car at 16, iz a vewi bad idea, afta watching fast and furious 7, and playing need 4 speed MW....he'll just look at his car n smile...
#thatsall
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by phemoluv02(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
Football age grin
adren:

here is an example..
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ladyF(f): 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Awotimi:

lol...if you happen to have kids now I can bet it with you that once they're 16 they'll start driving wether with your consent or not.....being over protective jst increases the child's sneaky brain.
lol I wish them all the best, they will go and find another person's car to bash grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by SenatorJames(m): 12:31am On Mar 02, 2016
I can only see one good reason among all the trash the op put up there; EMERGENCY!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Habyz(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
Femco2016:
Teenage driving on Nigerian on roads? No way....we dont obey traffic, is the answer..... Its only in Nigeria that someone is making a reverse on round about....tell me.
Ahnhan reverse on a roundabout, bross chill now.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Habyz(m): 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
Do you even know the legal age to drive a car in Nigeria, continue lying, the thirteen year old girl that drove you should have flown an airplane instead.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Habyz(m): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2017
ronaldbecky:
op this is naija
nt America
Correct, I gbadun your reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband's Or Boyfriend's Reaction When You Told Him You Were Pregnant / Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.