Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit (925 Views)

Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy / Diamondbank May Be Bankrupt; Disengages 400staffers Cannot Affort To Payentitles / DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit by ExpressBooking(m): 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders, I write to draw your attention to a great fraud perpetrated on me by my bank Diamondbank. I did a withdrawal with my visa card on 27th November 2015 thrice for equal amounts of #20,000 each, which the first two were paid and the third one declined and debited me. Since then till now all entreaties(numerous visits to so many branches and phone calls to head office) to get diamondbank to resolve this issue have failed.
Diamondbank claims zenith bank(the acquirer) refused to reverse the transaction claiming it was successful. I made a insider relation who works with zenith Bank to look into the issue as it cannot be done officially and was reliably informed that from their(Zenith Bank) end,I was debited thrice while I only took cash twice. I reported to Diamond bank again with this information and requested for a video clip/footage for the transaction but Diamond bank did not oblige the request and said the case is resolved and closed as the transaction was successful.
Fellow Nairalanders, how do I go about to recover this money from my bank Diamond? Do I seek legal action against them? or just let the money go?.
Re: How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit by samuel051: 8:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
maybe d atm lie 4 ur head...

I waz hia b4 it hits cover page
Re: How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit by macIB(m): 5:49am On Feb 06, 2016
The same situation happened to me as well. After i realised i was just wasting my time with diamond bank i had to destroy my ATM card and discontinue my association with the bank.
My advise....If you have the time and money to prosecute legal action, you may as well go ahead but if not, truncate your association with diamond bank and go with other bank that will listen to you especially GTB.
All the best
Re: How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit by jemype(m): 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Wow this is not good. And was thinking of adding diamond bank to my list of accounts.
Re: How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit by ExpressBooking(m): 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
macIB:
The same situation happened to me as well. After i realised i was just wasting my time with diamond bank i had to destroy my ATM card and discontinue my association with the bank.
My advise....If you have the time and money to prosecute legal action, you may as well go ahead but if not, truncate your association with diamond bank and go with other bank that will listen to you especially GTB.
All the best

I already have two GTB accounts. I will definitely sue Diamondbank for damages and claims to teach them a lesson and other banks will learn from it too.
After the determination of the suit, I will close down all my accounts with Diamond bank, that of my wife(joint) and children also
Re: How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit by ExpressBooking(m): 10:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
jemype:
Wow this is not good. And was thinking of adding diamond bank to my list of accounts.

Please do not. They do not put their customers interest at heart. Hopeless bank
Re: How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit by MEILYN(m): 7:31am On May 17, 2016
This thread Is filled with lies.. Diamond is one of the best banks in Nigeria. I have been banking with them for years without problems...

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Is Now Producing Quality Products / What Can A 4 Bed Room Bungalow Be Used For. / We Buy waste Nylon, Waste Paper, Waste Carton E.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.