Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! (67020 Views)

IPOB Supporter Prostrates, Bows For Nnamdi Kanu (Photos) / Dimeji Bankole Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Smiles / Doyin Okupe Prostrates, Begs Obasanjo For Forgiveness (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by martineinstein(m): 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

That is why it is Yoruba tradition and not anyone else's

I'm in love with my tradition and culture

abeg, carry your tradition go that side.. Na we no get tradition?.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by SirDavico(m): 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
Progressive01:
The Yorubas have such rich cultural heritage. I must admit I envy them a lot in this regard.
Culturally, It's a good custom. But Biblically .....''........thou shalt not bow to them, nor serve them'' That was the first commandment of God. My opinion tho, No offence to the Yoru tribe. Y'all have my kudos...
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by aribisala0(m): 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
martineinstein:
abeg, carry your tradition go that side.. Na we no get tradition?.
You get..

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Rossikk(m): 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
SirDavico:

Culturally, It's a good custom. But Biblically .....''........thou shalt not bow to them, nor serve them'' That was the first commandment of God. My opinion tho, No offence to the Yoru tribe. Y'all have my kudos...

That is IF you believe that God had ANYTHING to do with the Bible. There is ZERO PROOF that He did.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by jojoki: 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
It is Yoruba tradition

The Ooni's father is still alive, he has to prostrate to his son when he comes to the Palace

His mother is deceased (May she RIP). If she was alive, she will kneel down until her son tells her to rise.

To all intents and purposes, he is no longer their son but their spiritual head ordained by the gods of our land

Anywhere I see him, I will prostrate flat and not stand up until I'm told do so

Kabiyesi Ki Ade pelori, ki bata pelese. Ikeji Orisha

Well said Bruv. You got it Omo Agba

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by asEdeyHOT: 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2016
Collynzo888:
Wow...Much respect to Ebora Owu.

Baba check your email asap

I need ur input on something- urgent
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by arresa: 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
This is why I reverted back to Yoruba spirituality to complement Yoruba rich culture, way of life and wonderful pluralism.

Imported religions we were colonized with causes nothing but destruction, pain and misery all over the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Collynzo888: 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Baba check your email asap

I need ur input on something- urgent

Okay boss.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by oluwalfa: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
It is Yoruba tradition

The Ooni's father is still alive, he has to prostrate to his son when he comes to the Palace

His mother is deceased (May she RIP). If she was alive, she will kneel down until her son tells her to rise.

To all intents and purposes, he is no longer their son but their spiritual head ordained by the gods of our land

Anywhere I see him, I will prostrate flat and not stand up until I'm told to do so

Kabiyesi, Ki Ade pelori, ki bata pelese. Ikeji Orisha

backwardness
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by MayorofLagos(m): 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
SirDavico:

When you enter Vatican, the first call of respect is a prostration onvthe dais infront of Pope.

Is your bible different from Pope's Bible?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by MayorofLagos(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
arresa:
This is why I reverted back to Yoruba spirituality to complement Yoruba rich culture, way of life and wonderful pluralism.

Imported religions we were colonized with causes nothing but destruction, pain and misery all over the world.

Im right behind you my brother, been thinking of building a shrine in my backyard lately.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by arresa: 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
SirDavico:

Your personal belief is a reflection of your imported religion, it has zero bearing on our history and culture.

Cherish and respect what's yours instead of other people's hand me down.

Japan is a great power today and never relinquished their Shinto religion for anybody...

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by 1kinggy(m): 11:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
its actually a taboo for a kings father to prostrate before his son!!!!!

The only escape is for the father to stay away from the King's domain otherwise...
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by MayorofLagos(m): 11:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
aribisala0:
You get..

Do you want to compete woth us on tradition and customs?
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by fippycbk(m): 11:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
princejayboss:
Respect to every Yoruba man ... They respect their tradition die... What do we the igbos do ... We play with our own.... Now every child in Igbo land Rocks red traditional cap like for fun.... Shame us Igbos

Igbo Enweghi Eze. The Igbos had no king from Inception.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Realhommie(m): 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
yemmie:
What obj did publicly confirms the new oni went through a proper initiation to be the king.

God is the king of Kings. A proper Yoruba king however is very powerful spiritually, he has control of the unseen coordinators of Fire, water, air and land. These kings go through things that make them transcend to the point where heaven and earth meet. No ordinary human can transcend there spiritually and return to earth.

This is where the celestial decisions are taken.

Wow, interesting really.... I'm curious, cld yu plz enlighten me of probably the tinz he had to go through during initiation....?
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by babadem2much(m): 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
Always appreciating the Yorubas n their tradition. Respect in full

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Dexema(m): 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
4hys:
MORE GRAPHIC PHOTOS

http://www.hygist.com/2016/02/almighty-obasanjo-prostrate-publicly.html
which GRAPHIC PHOTOS?? did obasanjo die prostrating?

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by asEdeyHOT: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
oluwalfa:

backwardness

GND
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by arresa: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Im right behind you my brother, been thinking of building a shrine in my backyard lately.

Funny enough, other societies all over the world worship Shango, Osun and so on more than Yoruba people in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by sincerlyyo(m): 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
He did not remove his cap
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Realhommie(m): 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Rossikk:

That is IF you believe that God had ANYTHING to do with the Bible. There is ZERO PROOF that He did.
Are you for real?
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by aribisala0(m): 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Do you want to compete woth us on tradition and customs?

No You have too much tradition

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by asEdeyHOT: 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
aribisala0:
Yoruba tradition for his father to prostrate for him? Really?

Bros

Please go and make enquiries

His father has to prostrate in the Palace

However, he cannot do so outside the Palace
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by asEdeyHOT: 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
aribisala0:
No You have too much tradition

We love it like that

May God bless the GREAT YORUBA RACE
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by musicwriter(m): 12:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Akanbiedu:
Old fox.

I tell you!.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2016
yimu#
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2016
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Rexnegro(m): 12:14am On Feb 06, 2016
I so love my tribe "yoruba" ...am proud to be a yoruba guy...no wonder wiki said we re the most advanced tribe in africa... kabieyesi o...

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by emeka762001(m): 12:17am On Feb 06, 2016
All na show
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 06, 2016
#
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by IYANGBALI: 12:19am On Feb 06, 2016
yhemsy62:
u create thread still com Sidon for FTC, nawa for you o

him think say seun dey pay for FTC now.

OBJ is a clown walahi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) / President Buhari Leaves For Japan With Governors Of Kwara, Borno & Lagos States / Police Officer Shoots Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.