Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! (67015 Views)

IPOB Supporter Prostrates, Bows For Nnamdi Kanu (Photos) / Dimeji Bankole Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Smiles / Doyin Okupe Prostrates, Begs Obasanjo For Forgiveness (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by elampiro(m): 5:36am On Feb 06, 2016
holllandis:

Are you crazy .Has Obasanjo ever entered white house .You know what it takes to get there ?/don't let me slap u

What is in White house? The late military governor governor of Bendel and Kwara State used to visit White house during President Clinton regime like it was his backyard. In one instance he went to White house with our parish priest (Rev Father) in Benin.

That's just a former governor, what about an Iroko like Obasanjo? White House that Beyonce and JZ go to everytime.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 06, 2016
Progressive01:
Your dp though.. Don't you think that's some sort of subtle endorsement of rapĀ£
No, it's not. Read deep meanings into it again
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Honesty007(m): 5:59am On Feb 06, 2016
The Ooni of ife has cemented the Broken grounds in the yoruba race.No longer would there be division,strife,hatred or conspiracy thriving again inthe People's republic Of YORUNIA.

Also,what happened is a depiction of #THE DAY OF THE LORD#
WHEN ALL THE LIKES OF
BARACK OBAMA
VLADIMIR PUTIN
ASSAD HOSSAM,
MAO
FRENCH PRESIDENT
WOULD BOW BEFORE THE RETURNING MESSIAH Our LORD JESUS CHRIST.
IT ALSO EXPLAINS Y IF U R REJECTING CHRIST NOW *U WOULD STILL BOW AND CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD AND KINGS OF KINGS
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by niggi4life(m): 6:03am On Feb 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
its actually a taboo for a kings father to prostrate before his son!!!!!
says who? Even in the western world the father or mother MUST kneel or prostrate before the king(whether his son or not) take a look at the movie "the 3 musketeers" and understand how the king presides over everyone
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by huptin(m): 6:33am On Feb 06, 2016
holllandis:

Are you crazy .Has Obasanjo ever entered white house .You know what it takes to get there ?/don't let me slap u
What do you mean? Obasanjo has entered white house countless times, what the heck? Obasanjo has even hosted 3 different United States president right here in Nigeria. Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and George Bush. No other Nigerian president has ever hosted any.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by ATERI(m): 6:50am On Feb 06, 2016
No big deal
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by africanusvu(m): 6:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Sory if am wrong.though i am ibo.but i do knw OONI is a highly reverd king.u hardly see him,hear him speak.nor take visitors.but these one seems to be diferent.he is making these post look comon.we may soon av another mbaka and the catholic church
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by demo4ril97(m): 6:51am On Feb 06, 2016
madgoat:
undecided i cannot even bow to the ooni, talkless of prostrating. undecided
and the wrath of Ile-Ife (House of Spread) befall you, believe me.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by africanusvu(m): 6:59am On Feb 06, 2016
U may be right.but wit obasanjo who is king conspirator there.do u think we may get it
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by demo4ril97(m): 7:01am On Feb 06, 2016
blackprowler:

If I told you this was a sign of our backwardness, would you believe? If I told you these people are in the way of Nigerian integration as one nation, would you believe? I won't even try. It requires a lot more preparatory knowledge to even have an idea. We think this monarchy is our own thing, unique to Africans. Lol. I laugh. Down with backwardness. Up with Republicanism. Up with societal progress. An adult can't keep eating from a feeding bottle simply because he used to do it some time ago!
monarch you say?, that so funny the King isn't an absolute monarch, that why we've in government Delegated Legislature:- break down of legislative power into subordinates e.g ministries, public corporations, and ecetera. Mind you the most republican and federal culture in Nigeria is from the yorubas, because the yorubas does what we call check and balance of power even when it said that a king is a sovereign there are limitations to is authority!.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by sevenhundred(m): 7:10am On Feb 06, 2016
Cyojunior:
Oh sorry people never knew I was d F. T. C a big shout out to those out there hustling day n night jst to make bread out of butter lik me I knw one day every thing will be alright

Bck to da topic ! And so ? Post ratting or prostration

Hw dose dat make every yoruba's either aged or young to be respectful. For dat man who looks lik osho-ginger its a pity dat we have this type of people in da yoruba race
sorry for you!!!
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 06, 2016
OK
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by TurboSneh(m): 7:15am On Feb 06, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Yoruba tradition is amazing

The greatest tribe in Africa without any competition

The culture bestowed upon us is scientific,yet mysterious

It is process based and yet arcane

I will choose to come to this world as a Yoruba 1 million times over

Odua a gbe wa ooo

Lalasticlala - Good evening sir

.who told you yoruba is the greatest tribe in Africa?
is it in forbes list
asEdeyHOT:
Yoruba tradition is amazing

The greatest tribe in Africa without any competition

The culture bestowed upon us is scientific,yet mysterious

It is process based and yet arcane

I will choose to come to this world as a Yoruba 1 million times over

Odua a gbe wa ooo

Lalasticlala - Good evening sir

.who told you yoruba is the greatest tribe in Africa?
is it in forbes list
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by babyfaceafrica: 7:19am On Feb 06, 2016
niggi4life:
says who? Even in the western world the father or mother MUST kneel or prostrate before the king(whether his son or not) take a look at the movie "the 3 musketeers" and understand how the king presides over everyone
is three musketeers a yoruba film....it is a taboo in yoruba tradition,please do your research!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by tonychristopher: 7:20am On Feb 06, 2016
princejayboss:

Yeah... Very well said... I grew up respecting the traditional stool of my dad as a king and red cap cabinet but today I hurt me so much to see you kids to wear those red caps ... It hurts
It hurts to see the kids wear those red cap

But the titles behind the red cap can't be worn anyway it is achieved ..so keep respecting it bro
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Burger01(m): 7:59am On Feb 06, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
It is Yoruba tradition

The Ooni's father is still alive, he has to prostrate to his son when he comes to the Palace

His mother is deceased (May she RIP). If she was alive, she will kneel down until her son tells her to rise.

To all intents and purposes, he is no longer their son but their spiritual head ordained by the gods of our land

Anywhere I see him, I will prostrate flat and not stand up until I'm told to do so

Kabiyesi, Ki Ade pelori, ki bata pelese. Ikeji Orisha
Where did you get that from I'm not too sure about that. You may be right though. Will ask my folks smiley
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by grtfem: 8:15am On Feb 06, 2016
SirDavico:

Culturally, It's a good custom. But Biblically .....''........thou shalt not bow to them, nor serve them'' That was the first commandment of God. My opinion tho, No offence to the Yoru tribe. Y'all have my kudos...
Biblically, honour your father and your mother that your days may be long on the land your Lord God give unto you ....?.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Smooyis(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2016
Because the Ooni of Ife bowed before the living God, King of kings, then all men shall be made to bow before him.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by yemmie(m): 8:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmm omode say na cock and bull story say a true king is not powerful spiritual.

Please go back to your village and ask them
how can you become:

1. Acquittance of the witches and wizards
2. How you can see the unseens 41 demons
3. How you can transcend spritiually

Then come back and let's discuss your findings
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by stevesteve07: 8:49am On Feb 06, 2016
It's 2016, what can you buy with 1k?

3litres of fuel?
Airtime?
One day lunch?
A cheap bottle of wine?
Pedicure or Manicure?
250mb Data? .E.t.c .....just for one time use or consumption right?

What if I told you 1k can get you, 200k in two weeks and 2m in 4weeks....am talking about facts and figures.

Decide for yourself to waste or Use your 1k.
if u re interested just reply with the word inside the bracket below
(Ask me how?)
to my whatsapp no 08035237748
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 06, 2016
yemmie:
What obj did publicly confirms the new oni went through a proper initiation to be the king.

God is the king of Kings. A proper Yoruba king however is very powerful spiritually, he has control of the unseen coordinators of Fire, water, air and land. These kings go through things that make them transcend to the point where heaven and earth meet. No ordinary human can transcend there spiritually and return to earth.

This is where the celestial decisions are taken.

ooni na air bender plus fire bender plus earth bender plus water bender? just asking

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 06, 2016
madgoat:
thats because you are a Mad Goat. Goats don't bow to anybody... especially so Madgoats
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by HerexG(m): 9:07am On Feb 06, 2016
Progressive01:
The Yorubas have such rich cultural heritage. I must admit I envy them a lot in this regard.

While Christianity the White man religion is gradually wiping the Igbo tradition. They now foolishly call their own tradition dark SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 06, 2016
yemmie:
What obj did publicly confirms the new oni went through a proper initiation to be the king.

God is the king of Kings. A proper Yoruba king however is very powerful spiritually, he has control of the unseen coordinators of Fire, water, air and land. These kings go through things that make them transcend to the point where heaven and earth meet. No ordinary human can transcend there spiritually and return to earth.

This is where the celestial decisions are taken.

You mean Xerxes? Have you been watching 300? Lol
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by wiseoneking: 9:14am On Feb 06, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
It is Yoruba tradition

The Ooni's father is still alive, he has to prostrate to his son when he comes to the Palace

His mother is deceased (May she RIP). If she was alive, she will kneel down until her son tells her to rise.

To all intents and purposes, he is no longer their son but their spiritual head ordained by the gods of our land

Anywhere I see him, I will prostrate flat and not stand up until I'm told to do so

According to Chinua Achebe, this one of the things that affect the greatness of yoruba as they are limited by cultural kwekwem. For igbos, they fear no man or gods.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Torenzi: 9:18am On Feb 06, 2016
He who kneels before God; would stand up before any man. When Oni knelt down before God in the church; some people were complaining. Now, you can see; a whole obasanjo kneeling before Oni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 06, 2016
madgoat:

check your moniker again and you will understand why.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 06, 2016
martineinstein:
this tradition get as e be oo.. Can't imagine my father kneeling before me

he isn't prostrating for his son, he is respecting the royal throne that has been there for ages.
the ooni is no longer his son, he can't even call him by name anymore.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 06, 2016
This is what i call true african unlike some part of the country that has given up their own culture and follow Christianity . OBJ has to tell the new Oba how and what to ask from federal government for his people and get it.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 06, 2016
wiseoneking:
According to Chinua Achebe, this one of the things that affect the greatness of yoruba as they are limited by cultural kwekwem. For igbos, they fear no man or gods.

That's why Igbo's are like lost sheep without a shepherd and your proud of it.
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by emzila(m): 9:39am On Feb 06, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
It is Yoruba tradition

I sometimes heard is an abomination for the king to have his father prostrate before him in greeting. pls can u throw more light on that?
Re: Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife! by emzila(m): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2016
wiseoneking:
Taaa Igbo's worship money. I lived there for over a decade and I know more of their culture. who ever said Igbo fear no man is economical with the truth. emulation is better than jealousy. learn from this post to respect constituted authority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) / President Buhari Leaves For Japan With Governors Of Kwara, Borno & Lagos States / Police Officer Shoots Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.