Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (58641 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by oyinkinola: 1:54am On Feb 08, 2016
....the truth is bitter, better we change for better!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by preselect(m): 5:46am On Feb 08, 2016
tsdarkside:

stop doing crimes abroad.......the problem is,the numbers of criminal nigerians overweighs the numbers of the hard working ones....

and that is a fact!!!....

if we have to shame you before your enemies,to bring you back to your senses,,,then, so be it!!!... angry angry angry

btw...the western nations think,all blacks are criminals anyways...they just put a name to it....nigeria......

MoDs, I dont like it when a maggot quotes me. . . . . . pls let only human beings quote me.

1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by naijanaso: 6:37am On Feb 08, 2016
Now I understand why Buhari is saying so... This is because:

BUHARI IS A CRIMINAL
JOHN OYEGUN IS A CRIMINAL
OSHIOMOLE IS A CRIMINAL
LAI MOHAMMED IS A CRIMINAL
TINUBU IS A CRIMINAL
AMAECHI IS A CRIMINAL
FASHOLA IS A CRIMINAL
EL RUFAI IS A CRIMINAL
OKOROCHA IS A CRIMINAL
ALL THEIR MINISTERS ARE CRIMINALS
THEIR CHILDREN ARE CRIMINALS
ALL APC MEMBERS ESPECIALLY THOSE ON NAIRALAND ARE CRIMINALS
ALL THOSE THAT STAND WITH BUHARI IN TARNISHING THE IMAGE OF NIGERIANS ABROAD ARE CRIMINALS.. .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mightyhaze: 6:47am On Feb 08, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

I am 100% Nigerian, just that.. ..forget it. Goodnight!

My Wife just told me the meaning of abi and nko. .so I know it now.. Thanks.
wife??

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by cizy: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2016
abbey621:
Can someone show me exactly where the president called all Nigerians criminals? Are we so filled up with sentiments in this country that we can't separate the truth from plain manipulation! What the president was trying to say is simple. Nigerians should stop seeking asylum abroad because such privileges have been abused by their countrymen in the past due to drug trafficking and other criminal acts. Is this far from the truth? Especially in UK, Nigerians are increasingly filling up the prison system, I dare anybody to bring up facts that are contrarian! Perhaps we feel it's better to be politically correct than being honest but we all know with PMB he speaks from the heart.

Yes yes yes! He speaks from the heart so I wonder where the denied campaign promises came from, his anûs?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by cizy: 7:58am On Feb 08, 2016
mikolo80:
talk less, read and research more

www.nairaland.com/1575731/south-korea-1964-few-years

and you're very stoopid for insulting cos you're mentally lazy to think your way out of the problem. if you no con go school nko

Hahahahahahaha.. So it was the transformation that happened in S. Korea that made you believe Buhari when he said he will change Nigeria to heaven? I can see you're overly ambitious but let me be frank with you, Nigeria won't progress if we don't do things right. S. Korea must have done things right and are now reaping the rewards. On the other hand, Nigerians keep on doing the same thing and expect to see positive results.

For starters, tribalism and religious bigotry are our major problems. It's not just all about branding a group corrupt and kicking them out, it's also about looking beyond tribal affiliations (and padi padi) and picking the best hands that can move the country forward.

I've once read comments here from someone branding Innoson vehicles as Igbo products and can never be purchased by other tribes because of the hatred they have for Igbo. I was like "wow", did someone just utter this rubbish and got several likes? Are these the same set of people hoping for Nigeria to be better? Hoping for more jobs to be created? Is it safe to say that Nigerians are only comfortable when jobs are created by their tribesmen, so that they can boast about it (which apparently seems to be the norm on here)?

We have a long way to go..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by cizy: 8:00am On Feb 08, 2016
joelpearl:

This is English bros. God bless Nigeria is different from God bless Nigerians.

Mr man you are the one having comprehension issues. Lemme ask you a simple question, who makes up Nigeria as a country? Asians, Europians or Americans? Is it not still the same Nigerians that makes up Nigeria?

SmH for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by cizy: 8:07am On Feb 08, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Mr man stop embarrassing your parents. It is idiotic for a president to call his people criminals. Nigerians are not as criminally minded as Italians, Chinese, Indians, Lebanese and so many others.

Indeed , you can't teach tact. PMB is so uncouth. He's our chief diplomat, therefore he ought to project our image, not destroy it. So far, people like you are the reasons PMB may not succeed. Tell the man the truth when he's wrong.

Stop blind followership and stop diverting attention to ipob and wailers whenever PMB is criticized. He's human and fallible. We all are.

If Nigerians are criminals, so is he. After all, he still hasn't addressed the issues of the 53 suitcases, $2.8 billion, and of course the certificate. Quit pretending like he's a monk. He's Nigerian and also a criminal.

God bless you rishly bro. You are wiser, more reasonable and sensible than a million and one Buhari and millions of his blind followers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Laserjetm1132(f): 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
as far as am concerned what PMB said was a pure truth! we Nigerians takes opportunity at any slightest opportunity thereby disgracing our country. but he never called CRIMINALS like u Ppl are ranting.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Eluwilussit(m): 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
cizy:

God bless you rishly bro. You are wiser, more reasonable and sensible than a million and one Buhari and millions of his blind followers.

I wish I could blush. I am so black. Thanks bro. I am flattered. grin
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by lagdmark(m): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Buhari don cause Big Trouble run go Sidon for old peoples home in UK living his paid agents online to clean up his smelling mess.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
cizy:

Hahahahahahaha.. So it was the transformation that happened in S. Korea that made you believe Buhari when he said he will change Nigeria to heaven?
only an slowpoke would believe Buhari will carry us to the promised land

we support him camp pdp was and is an unmitigated disaster

I can see you're overly ambitious but let me be frank with you, Nigeria won't progress if we don't do things right.

finally we agree
[/b]S. Korea must have done things right
[b]

no, their dictator leader did
take note, dictator not democratic leader

and are now reaping the rewards. On the other hand, Nigerians keep on doing the same thing and expect to see positive results.

that's why we voted for somebody who will definitely do things differently

For starters, tribalism and religious bigotry are our major problems.

no, laziness is

It's not just all about branding a group corrupt and kicking them out, it's also about looking beyond tribal affiliations (and padi padi) and picking the best hands that can move the country forward.

let him brand and kick them
it will force them to come up with better strategy
and competition will take us to promised land

I've once read comments here from someone branding Innoson vehicles as Igbo products and can never be purchased by other tribes because of the hatred they have for Igbo. I was like "wow", did someone just utter this rubbish and got several likes? Are these the same set of people hoping for Nigeria to be better? Hoping for more jobs to be created? Is it safe to say that Nigerians are only comfortable when jobs are created by their tribesmen, so that they can boast about it (which apparently seems to be the norm on here)?

We have a long way to go..
those ones are just susceptible to group psyche,ignorance, not their fault
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by akocce(m): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
make una leave our End time president joor! no be him fault o #endtime
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by arresa: 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
grin grin

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Localamos(m): 3:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Anger!

Beware of your health.. .

The guy is using very cheesy approach. Come on...
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by wirinet(m): 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
lagdmark:
Buhari don cause Big Trouble run go Sidon for old peoples home in UK living his paid agents online to clean up his smelling mess.

And how many times did GEJ go siddon for old people's home in Germany? Intact patience Jonathan went to siddon for dead people's home in Germany. Apart from Abacha, every Nigeria head of state goes to England or Germany at least once a year for medical check up.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2016
Localamos:

The guy is using very cheesy approach. Come on...

NL is filled with comedians and you have to be tactical to scale their comical approach to issues..

I mean, I find it funny that people easily take thing very personal here and that can be very dangerous, or don't you think?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Localamos(m): 8:34am On Feb 12, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

NL is filled with comedians and you have to be tactical to scale their comical approach to issues..

I mean, I find it funny that people easily take thing very personal here and that can be very dangerous, or don't you think?

I quite agree with you if you say Nigerians (such as Ben Bruce and my proud self) express their opinions rather passionately. We are easily polarised by issues, and we tend to pass our opinions using rather strong statements.

This act may be primitive and egotistic, but even Ben Bruce uses that approach to pass accross his so-called "common sense"

If you see something worthwhile in his ideals, why don't you let us see your point of view? Failing which, I will still hold on to my own common sense which tells me that an empty barrel make the loudest noise!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 9:41am On Feb 12, 2016
Localamos:

I quite agree with you if you say Nigerians (such as Ben Bruce and my proud self) express their opinions rather passionately. We are easily polarised by issues, and we tend to pass our opinions using rather strong statements.

This act may be primitive and egotistic, but even Ben Bruce uses that approach to pass accross his so-called "common sense"

If you see something worthwhile in his ideals, why don't you let us see your point of view? Failing which, I will still hold on to my own common sense which tells me that an empty barrel make the loudest noise!

I completely agree with you without any doubt..
Bt you see, I am a WAILER as well as BenBruce and you may find it hard to pin a point from what he says, because maybe you already made up your mind on issues as it concerns politics in Nigeria and PDP being corrupt and and all their members deserves death for having looted the country.

For the record.. I am neither PDP nor APC.

I personally find passion for genuine interest in his tweets, especially on youths and the less previlgd and that is where my love for him stops.. I don't know anything about his personal life and won't claim knowledge of his personality either.

I only wish people forgo ethnicity, tribalism, sectionalism, religion and watch for people with Upto date minds in our polity for reference.. That is one of my reasons for picking him out..

I never said he is a saint or you did not make a sensible point.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Localamos(m): 11:11am On Feb 12, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

I completely agree with you without any doubt..
Bt you see, I am a WAILER as well as BenBruce and you may find it hard to pin a point from what he says, because maybe you already made up your mind on issues as it concerns politics in Nigeria and PDP being corrupt and and all their members deserves death for having looted the country.

For the record.. I am neither PDP nor APC.

I personally find passion for genuine interest in his tweets, especially on youths and the less previlgd and that is where my love for him stops.. I don't know anything about his personal life and won't claim knowledge of his personality either.

I only wish people forgo ethnicity, tribalism, sectionalism, religion and watch for people with Upto date minds in our polity for reference.. That is one of my reasons for picking him out..

I never said he is a saint or you did not make a sensible point.

Bigotry, nepotism and sectionalism etc won't get us anywhere in this nation. You're on point. I am apolitical too. I want to see a leader who will look at critical economic issues, rather than fight dirty on party lines.

Ben Bruce used to be my childhood hero.He was very strong on the entertainment world with MBGN, Miss World etc. He ran Silverbird very well and even brought some reforms into NTA during his office as the DG. He has done very well in private enterprise. I feel his esteemed office as Senator in the NASS is a well deserved accolade in recognition of his immense contribution to society.

But his recent rants are just scattered all over the place. When he started, I was like... let's hear what he's saying. But after a while, I discovered this is just a ploy to use social and electronic media to position himself for more exalted position.

As far as I am concerned, BMB is just another politician manipulating the blind sentiments of the people (especially the youth) to foster his ambitions.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ibietela2(m): 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
abbey621:

Learn to read please! The president was responding to a group of Nigerians claiming life is hard for them abroad and the president responded by saying it would be hard for them to be treated better abroad due to the damages caused by their fellow Nigerians engaging in criminal acts abroad. Now tell me did the president lie? Or do you want the president to give them false hope?

Mtcheeeeeeew you that understand English, is it not the same thing as accusing all Muslims as terrorists just because some are terrorists.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by abbey621(m): 12:46am On Feb 14, 2016
ibietela2:

Mtcheeeeeeew you that understand English, is it not the same thing as accusing all Muslims as terrorists just because some are terrorists.

Go back to school and learn the difference between some and all. The president stated specifically, "some Nigerians abroad", this is clearly different from "All Nigerians abroad"! Once again nigga, learn to read!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ibietela2(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
abbey621:

Go back to school and learn the difference between some and all. The president stated specifically, "some Nigerians abroad", this is clearly different from "All Nigerians abroad"! Once again nigga, learn to read!

You too go back to SCHOOL
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2016
Holuwakemmy16:
Proudly Nigerian

Happy birthday to you and myself, we are both birthday mates.... wishing you the best today, more years of long life, joy, happiness and more, be merry, have fun and if you are in lag feel free to holla, hanging out with my birthday mates would be so much fun....

https://www.nairaland.com/2991693/3rdlegxxx-year-older-16.03.2016-march#43818056
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
the world has mixed feelings abt Nigerians. today they in prison a drug trafficker and 419er , tomorrow they hand a Nobel prize to another Nigerian .

so they can't really classify Nigeria as a bad country
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 30, 2017
tsdarkside:

buhari already started before the elections to complain about the nigerians abroad,his wife too.....

change your ways and when the time comes buhari will praise you,,,okay??.

until then enjoy your koboko strokes... grin grin grin
Lol but never come back here crying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech / Blood Bath In Ibadan APC Rally / Man Cooking, Bathing & Sleeping On The Street In Protest Of 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.