Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (6469 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Murray-bruce In ‘trouble’ Over Remark On Abacha’s Loot / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by ggakunna: 9:38am On Feb 07, 2016
GEJ probable comment

I don't think the President said that. He was probably quoted out of context. But If he really did then am not sure that was what he meant. I say this because of how some part of the media misquoted me when I made a statement that "stealing is not corruption". What I meant was that stealing should be called stealing and not corruption. Some Nigerians won't understand the gravity of that word. They will think its just a " minor issue". But when you call it what it is "stealing" then the average Nigerian will stone you on the street and your neibours will treat you as a thief. Having said this, I think the president probably didn't mean it like that because he knows Nigerians are good people. Majority of the people leaving abroad are making a honest living and only the bad eggs are the ones ruining our reputation. But with Gods help we will get to that point where No Nigerian will be caught committing crime abroad because we will all want to be a good ammbassador Nigeria no matter where we find ourselves.

ggakunna

7 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by abduljabbar4(m): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2016
So this guy is still trying to differentiate between stealing and corruption. Corruption has a very broad meaning. Lying, tribalism, nepotism, stealing, etc are all acts of corruption

7 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by abduljabbar4(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2016
Most Nigerians hate the truth and I have noticed that most of the people insulting Buhari are the ones guilty of what he talked about ie drug trafficking and scamming.

Note: I didn't mention any region or tribe

11 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
So this guy is still trying to differentiate between stealing and corruption. Corruption has a very broad meaning. Lying, tribalism, nepotism, stealing, etc are all acts of corruption

Then what is crime if corruptions are the aforementioned.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by luvinhubby(m): 10:14am On Feb 07, 2016
Source ?

2 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by ggakunna: 10:19am On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Yeah you know....but does the average Nigerian do? You need to use a popular word because it is the so call "average Nigerian" that can stop stealin......Keep using the word "corruption" for Mr Y and the average Nigerians will keep hailing him on the street and calling him Baba ooooh......Baba oooooh.......

2 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by abduljabbar4(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2016
ggakunna:

Yeah you know....but does the average Nigerian do? You need to use a popular word because it is the so call "average Nigerian" that can stop stealin......Keep using the word "corruption" for Mr B and the average Nigerians will keep hailing him on the street and calling him Baba ooooh......Baba oooooh.......

Gej said mere stealing is not corruption. Get it?

1 Like

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by jay2pee(m): 10:55am On Feb 07, 2016
Well said
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by sammyj: 10:58am On Feb 07, 2016
This is the answer you get from a corrupt clueless culprit 3Cs. However, thank God he was not reelected otherwise this country would gone down the drain based on corruption and cluelessness! !!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Nicur: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
A man woke up from sleep shouting holy ghost fire!!! The wife asked is lion chasing you
in your dream? That would have been better said the man. What happen the wife asked?
I nearly voted for APC again in my dream, the wife shouted blood of Jesus!!!!!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Nicur: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
GEJ probable comment I doubt if most people will understand what this means!!! grin this will show that sometimes we don't read and comprehend well before commenting on a topic!! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
Are u saying Buhari is also corrupt

7 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
The fact's that we've got bad international reputation already, Na d comment go come change am ?
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Travejyke(m): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
Most Nigerians hate the truth and I have noticed that most of the people insulting Buhari are the ones guilty of what he talked about ie drug trafficking and scamming.

Bros,do you know even in that region,people like myself supported PMB in the last elections?sometimes certain statements should be left unsaid. Everything shouldn't be bout ethnicity
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by vedaxcool(m): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Jonathan is even lying here, his words ordinary stealing they will call it corruption.

In Jonathan's mind corruption was far worse but he couldn't fathom why Nigerians will label ordinary stealing as corruption. It's a pity he is still grappling with such a gaffe till this moment. He should just say unequivocally that stealing govt money is an extreme evil that is not tolerable.

1 Like

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by nwadiuko1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

and terrorism too.......i no mention any tribe oh

5 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by abduljabbar4(m): 3:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
Travejyke:

Bros,do you know even in that region,people like myself supported PMB in the last elections?sometimes certain statements should be left unsaid. Everything shouldn't be bout ethnicity

Does that mean that there aren't other drug traffickers in other regions?
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by abduljabbar4(m): 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
crixtex:

Are u saying Buhari is also corrupt

If he is guilty of any of the aforementioned
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by LadyExcellency: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Buhari was referring to Aisha Buhari and her daughters as criminals not me nor my family members.

2 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by plaetton: 3:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
I kinda get his point.
We tend to misuse words in Nigeria, and as such, treat issues based on the labels we tag them with.

Take for example, cultism. The most misused word in Nigeria. Because of the flagrant misuse of that word, the problems associated with the word keeps growing beyond our control.

Why do we call prefer to call university gangsters and bandits cultists?

What is wrong with calling them campus bandits, campus criminals or simply gangsters?

What is so " cult " about their criminal activities?

By the same token, why not call people who steal public funds thieves ?

Why simply call them corrupt officials.

Most people wouldn't mind being called corrupt officials if it guaranteed them fat wallet.
But believe me, everyone would feel pain and shame at being called thief.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by essencestore: 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
____when I made a statement that "stealing is not corruption". What I meant was that stealing should be called stealing and not corruption____

1 Like

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Psalm18: 4:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
Wow.

Reading is gone.
Almost two inches of reply based on a fictitious Jonathan response.
I'm.sure if I made a satirical article where I say Jonathan kills his wife .some folks will start abusing Jonathan without thought to the fact, it was fiction.

4 Likes

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by PoliticalThuG(m): 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
sammyj:
This is the answer you get from a corrupt clueless culprit 3Cs. However, thank God he was not reelected otherwise this country would gone down the drain based on corruption and cluelessness! !!! grin
$1 = #450
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by oduastates: 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
Perspective - a core attribute of a thorough bred becoming an omoluabi.
This is the very essence of ESU ( the one Christains falsely turned to their Satan)

Perspective( if the first question is wrong , the rest do not matter)

What are the questions a true omoluabi will ask himself first . Simple .
1 Is it true ?
2 When did we earn this reputation?
3 Why are we carrying this burden ?

Whether your ego or self esteem is hurt or not . The truth is that Nigerians are seen in bad light .
Fact.
From place of work to airports all around the world , Nigerians have earned a very bad reputation.

This bad reputation started with the thieving leaders but the followership have taken retail crime into the homes of people around the world .
While the Italian mafia , Mexican mafia, the Irish firms ,Bulgarian, Pakistanis gangs etc do wholesale crimes( importing drugs wholesale , counterfeiting, gun running) , the Nigerian criminal do retails crimes that are directed into the homes of individual citizens.
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by Bhella5(m): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
What is GEJ ranting about?
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by CPriest: 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
oduastates:

Either your ego or self esteem is hurt or not . The truth is that Nigerians are seen in bad light .
Fact.
From place of work to airports all around the world , Nigerians have earned a very bad reputation.

1. A can picked me to the airport, the role model of this guy was Aliko Dangote. This guy is not Nigerian by the way. He knew much more about Dangote than I knew.

2. I met the dad of one of my friends in church. The man met me and said 'Oga'. We smiled, laughed and gisted. He had nothing but love and encouragement for us.

3. I worked on academic project with people (non Nigerians), and most of them can only remember Nigerians for hardwork, diligence, and excellence.

4. One lady once told me if she gets to the hospital and can't get Nigerian doctors to attend to her, she will rather go home than allow doctors from her nation to attend to her.

5. The organisation I was had a Nigerian. He is not only a continental force, he is a global force in his field.

I tell people, you see Nigerians at your level. If you live in drug ridden ghettos, you will see Nigerians hustling there, and you will say they Nigerians are people with bad reputation. If you live a high class life, you will see Nigerians with big dreams and you will say Nigerians love luxury. So whereever you turn, there is a Nigerian for you. You just have to turn in the right direction and you will see a Nigerian with great reputation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by oduastates: 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
CPriest:

1. A can picked me to the airport, the role model of this guy was Aliko Dangote. This guy is not Nigerian by the way. He knew much more about Dangote than I knew.

2. I met the dad of one of my friends in church. The man met me and said 'Oga'. We smiled, laughed and gisted. He had nothing but love and encouragement for us.

3. I worked on academic project with people (non Nigerians), and most of them can only remember Nigerians for hardwork, diligence, and excellence.

4. One lady once told me if she gets to the hospital and can't get Nigerian doctors to attend to her, she will rather go home than allow doctors from her nation to attend to her.

5. The organisation I was had a Nigerian. He is not only a continental force, he is a global force in his field.

I tell people, you see Nigerians at your level. If you live in drug ridden ghettos, you will see Nigerians hustling there, and you will say they Nigerians are people with bad reputation. If you live a high class life, you will see Nigerians with big dreams and you will say Nigerians love luxury. So whereever you turn, there is a Nigerian for you. You just have to turn in the right direction and you will see a Nigerian with great reputation.

You wrote so much but used an inconsequential analogy . How many people are in dangote's wealth class ?
You did not address the issue about perception. Why are Nigerian look at negatively.

1 All those your fantastic dangote class friends . Inform them to buy something from a major online store with their credit cards ( oh ,they don't give most Nigerians credit card in Nigeria because of fraud ; debit card ) and get it delivered to Nigeria

2 Next time they travel with their Nigerian passport, tell them to compare the restrictions on the boarding pass to those of other nationals . The pat downs to check if you are carrying drug or laundering cash.
I have used airports that no one bothered to check my Nigerian passpor just because there are hardly any non European using that route.

3 like your " dangote class" friends, Nigerians criminals have foreign friends who think that they are the greatest and loveliest persons on earth.
It is not about how the individual look at you or what he thinks of you , it is about the whole .

4 Many know about the "Nigerian " 419

5 in Asia, Nigerian drug dealers are notorious

6 in Spain and Italy , many see Nigerian prostitute being shagged on the side street while walking their dogs or children. Even the customer will have no regard for the women .

7 the worse is Boko haram and terrorism . That thing is beemed into every home .
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by oduastates: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Psalm18:
Wow.

Reading is gone.
Almost two inches of reply based on a fictitious Jonathan response.
I'm.sure if I made a satirical article where I say Jonathan kills his wife .some folks will start abusing Jonathan without thought to the fact, it was fiction.

People are addressing the weekend's issue and not necessarily what Jonathan said. It is simply a carryover from other threads.
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by yaki84: 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

corruption is a crime, all those u mentioned are crime.
corruption is criminal offense in law!
quote me anywhere!
Re: Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad by abumeinben(m): 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
yaki84:

corruption is a crime, all those u mentioned are crime.
corruption is criminal offense in law!
quote me anywhere!

Get the gist bro.

What GEJ was actually saying : he tried to bring it down to the Street level, what dyu do to anyone who "steal" maggi?
That's his point, corruption has been overused, its like saying call a spade a spade
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally Channels Tv Attends Ipob's Rally Live At Umuahia / Buhari's Marriage: Why Aisha Buhari Is Wrong By Packing Out Of Aso Villa / Okowa: PDP Will Resolve All Issues Before 2023 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.