Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (30339 Views)

Largest Ethnic Group In Southern Nigeria? / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? / Nigerian Fulani Militants Named As Fourth Deadliest Terror Group In World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Sweetlemon(f): 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP this isn't a question pls!

How can you compare the population of Tiv and Ijaw? Ijaw that is present in Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Delta and Ondo states? The reason behind this argument(non argument really) is because Ijaws have been balkanised by the Nigeria State into different states(some states as minorities). This is why we are agitating for Toru Ibe and Oil Rivers states. Ijaws deserve 3 exclusive Ijaws states to tell its status.

In fact, it shall not be well with the British

Barcanista! Barcanista!! Tonyebarcanista!!!
How many times did I call you?
There are no Ijaws in Akwa-Ibom.

M'o kop?
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by maestroferddi: 12:12am On Feb 10, 2016
dexentity:
Those claiming that Ibos are more populous than the Yorubas in the north are either being mischievous or ignorant, go to all the higher institutions starting from ABU to KADPOLY, BUK, KANOPOLY, UDU, ATBU and all other higher institution in the north and compare the numbers of Ibo students to Yoruba students, you will discover that the Yoruba students are higher by atleast 10 to 1. Even the Ebiras and Igalas are more populous than the ibos in the north.

In Jos, the ogbomoshos alone are more populous than the ibo population in the city, in kaduna, the Offa people are more populous than the entire ibo in the State. Go to katsina, zamfara, Kano, bauchi, Sokoto, hadeija, dutse and other towns too numerous to mention and see the Yoruba population in those states.

The only states the Yoruba avoid is south east, I don't know why though.
Even the ebiras and igala have more population in the north compare with the ibos, but they mix well with there host community so u might never know. Those comparing the population of ibos to Yorubas in the north are those that has never been to the north before. Their population difference is to wide for it to be a basis for debate or argument.
Your name must be one of a.joke, ode.bunmi or a.dupe...

What a comic relief we are having here!

How can a right-thinking person suggest that Yorubas outnumber Igbos in northern Nigeria?

Are we talking of Kano metropolis alone with an estimated population of over three million Igbos or what do we say of Zaria, Kaduna and even Katsina?

Why are you guys making fools of yourselves arguing blindly for the sake of argument?

I give up...
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by meccuno: 12:17am On Feb 10, 2016
maestroferddi:

How can a right-thinking person suggest that Yorubas outnumber Igbos in northern Nigeria?

Are we talking of Kano metropolis alone with an estimated population of over three million Igbos or what do we say of Zaria, Kaduna and even Katsina?

Why are you guys making fools of yourselves arguing blindly for the sake of argument?

I give up...

when I was reading the post I didnÞ even know that the dude was serious.......the only place or location u have yorubas more than the igbos are places where yorubas have an indigenous population.......this is not even an argument.........

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by maestroferddi: 12:21am On Feb 10, 2016
ODVanguard:

Guy, unfortunately for you, your opinion isn't fact. The same Bauchi where you claim (in your experience) igbos are more than Yorubas in number, the former governor Yuguda made a Yorubaman his Chief Press Secretary

http://www.9jabook.com/forum/topics/a-yoruba-becomes-chief-press-secretary-in-bauchi-state

http://www.yankarigamereserve.com/bauchi-yoruba-community-honours-yugudas-cps/

You say Yorubas in Kano are not much yet they vie for political office in Kano

https://www.nairaland.com/104822/revealed-igbo-yoruba-politics-sabon

In Nasarawa a group of no more than 170,000 Yorubas based in the state endorsed the PDP governorship candidate

http://www.blueprint.ng/2014/04/14/yoruba-group-backs-nasarawa-pdp-candidate/

Host state governments officially recognize local yoruba communities you claim not to have come across. Now, you are entitled to your experiences but they're just YOUR experience and are in no way a true measure of the reality on ground.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/yeo-hails-yoruba-community-living-peacefully-groups/ - Kaduna ex-governor commends Yoruba community.

http://205.234.252.102/~enownow/news/story.php?sno=2387 - Jos Yoruba community demands compensation

Yorubas even have a monarch in Adamawa representing their community and interests:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=68545

My point is that your opinion is your opinion. But it's not enough. undecided

I am afraid you are making noises now.

The needful/apposite thing is to defer to a superior argument or else you would be exhibiting crass/unconscionable ignorance.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by meccuno: 12:30am On Feb 10, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Ethnic groups: Nigeria, Africa's most
populous country, is composed of more
than 250 ethnic groups; the following are
the most populous and politically
influential: Hausa and Fulani 29%, Yoruba
21%, Igbo (Ibo) 18%, Ijaw 10%, Kanuri 4%,
Ibibio 3.5%, Tiv 2.5%
Definition: This entry provides an ordered
listing of ethnic groups starting with the
largest and normally includes the percent
of total population.
Source: CIA World Factbook - This page
was last updated on June 30, 2015

www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/ethnic_groups.html
why do they lump hausas and fulanis together? I know that fulanis aren't many........something is fishy here
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by dexentity: 9:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
maestroferddi:

I give up...

I will let the name calling to slide, Kano metropolis is not made up of sabon gari alone, go to gyadi gyadi, hotoro, mariri, ungwa uku, kabuga, rigiyar zaki, kurna, dorayi, brigade, pashinkara,samiya boka and even your glorified sabon gari and other areas to numerous to mention and see the population of Yorubas residing there, Yorubas integrate into the host society so it makes them almost invincible.

Use Yoruba language to insult a stranger wearing kaftan or hijab in the north and get the shock of your life. Go to wudil, bichi, rano and other neighboring towns and see the population of Yorubas there compared with Ibos. Kaduna, Zaria and other parts of the north are not even worth debating or going back and forth on. Guy, try to travel around and stop relying on bogus claims.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by maestroferddi: 9:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
dexentity:

I will let the name calling to slide, Kano metropolis is not made up of sabon gari alone, go to gyadi gyadi, hotoro, mariri, ungwa uku, kabuga, rigiyar zaki, kurna, dorayi, brigade, pashinkara,samiya boka and even your glorified sabon gari and other areas to numerous to mention and see the population of Yorubas residing there, Yorubas integrate into the host society so it makes them almost invincible.

Use Yoruba language to insult a stranger wearing kaftan or hijab in the north and get the shock of your life. Go to wudil, bichi, rano and other neighboring towns and see the population of Yorubas there compared with Ibos. Kaduna, Zaria and other parts of the north are not even worth debating or going back and forth on. Guy, try to travel around and stop relying on bogus claims.
No point splitting more hairs, nobody is taking you serious any longer...
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by dexentity: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
maestroferddi:

You definitely will have nothing to say, this is beyond you, you have been basing your argument on the lies your brothers has been feeding you. Peace.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by dexentity: 10:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
maestroferddi:

You definitely will have nothing to say, this is beyond you, you have been basing your argument on the lies your brothers has been feeding you. I'm done with this topic. Peace.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by maestroferddi: 8:13am On Feb 11, 2016
dexentity:

You definitely will have nothing to say, this is beyond you, you have been basing your argument on the lies your brothers has been feeding you. I'm done with this topic. Peace.
You stop wasting my time...
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by otobong085(m): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP this isn't a question pls!

How can you compare the population of Tiv and Ijaw? Ijaw that is present in Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Delta and Ondo states? The reason behind this argument(non argument really) is because Ijaws have been balkanised by the Nigeria State into different states(some states as minorities). This is why we are agitating for Toru Ibe and Oil Rivers states. Ijaws deserve 3 exclusive Ijaws states to tell its status.

In fact, it shall not be well with the British

Ijaw in Akwa Ibom state? Not correct please.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by thedarkside: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
4th Largest Ethnic Group...hilarious!!!..you wan give igbos apatation abi??..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by nabzguy: 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2018
Udmaster:
it was Edwin Clark who started diz fraud of Ijaws being 4th largest tribe.
Tiv people are the 4th largest tribe.
Ijaws make up 95% of Bayelsa, small population in Delta and Rivers.
Ijaws will be around 6million..
Bayelsa is 99.9% Ijaw, Rivers State is 45%Ijaw, Delta is 30% Ijaw, Edo is %5, Ondo%28 ,

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gunmen Break Into Abuja Home, Kidnap Father And Son / IGP Ibrahim Idris: Anambra Passes Vote Of Confidence, Stages Solidarity Rally / Palliatives: Why Photograph Of Gov Fintiri Is On Bags Of Rice – Aide

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.