Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (30338 Views)

Largest Ethnic Group In Southern Nigeria? / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? / Nigerian Fulani Militants Named As Fourth Deadliest Terror Group In World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 6:59am On Feb 08, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

When our own homeland is the most secure in the nation and a refuge for the Ibos running away from their kidnapping and ritual brothers, the Hausas running away from bokoharam and the middle beltans running away from fulani monthly rampage. Why should we leave security and go settle in risk zones....we are not stewpid.
which your homeland? Osogbo? Hope u remember that lagos is no man's land
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by MendeZ(m): 7:20am On Feb 08, 2016
Kyase:

The Tiv are the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria. Tiv language is spoken by about 7 million people in Nigeria, with a few speakers in Cameroon.

http://howng.com/tiv-people-and-their-culture/

Did u click the link that was posted there? The ijaws are over 10million which makes them the 4th largest. Check the second link to confirm
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2016
MendeZ:

Did u click the link that was posted there? The ijaws are over 10million which makes them the 4th largest. Check the second link to confirm

Forget that link follow Wikipedia.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/tiv_people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijaw_people
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by misterawo: 8:04am On Feb 08, 2016
vorigan:
factually speaking, neither the Tivs (munchi) or the Ijaws (izon) are the fourth largest,............the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria is the Fulani (Fulfulde), followed by the Kanuri (beri-beri), then the Ibibio, and then the Tiv...........the Ijaws come behind the Tivs..............infact, the Ijaws have always come behind the Tivs in all early census..................Ijaws became the fourth largest ethnic group over night when Ebere became president.

1931 CENSUS

Hausa ... ... ... ... ... ... .... ...3,604,016
Ibo ... ... ... ... ... ... .... ... ...3,172,789
Yoruba ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...3,166,164
Fulani... ... ... .... .... .... .... 2,026,189
Kanuri /or Beri-Beri) ... ... ... 930,917
Ibibio ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .749,645
Tiv (or Munshi) ... ... ... ... ...573,605
Edo ... ... ... ... ... .... ... ... ..507,810
Nupe ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .326,017
Ijaw ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..156,324

source: http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1934/3064634_1934_opt.pdf

1963 CENSUS

Hausa ... .... .... .... .... ...11,653,000
Yoruba ... ... ... .... .... ...11,321,000
Igbo ... .... .... .... .... .... ..9,246,000
Fulfulde ... ... ... ... .... ... 4,784,000
Kanuri .... ... ... ... ... ... ..2,256,000
Ibibio ... ... ... ... ... ... .. ..2,006,000
Tiv ... ... .... .... .... .... ... 1,394,000
Ijaw (Izon) .... .... .... ... .1,089,000
Edo .... .... .... .... ... .... ...955,000
Nupe ... .... .... .... .... ... ..656,000
Urhobo .... .... .... .... .... ..639,000
Igala .... ..... .... .... ... .... 582,000

source:http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20101205024305zg/sections/general-articles/ethnic-minority-groups-in-nigeria-current-situation-and-major-problems-by-abdul-raufu-mustapha/

1952 CENSUS: Ijaws were not even considered

Edo.................468,501

Fulani.............3,040,736

Hausa.............5,548,542

Ibibio..............766,764

Igbo...............5,483,660

Kanuri............1,301,924

Nupe..............359,260

Tiv..................790,450

Yoruba...........5,046,799

source: compiled from GoN, 1952a, Population Census of Northern Region of Nigeria 1952; GoN, 1952b, Population Census of Western Region of Nigeria 1952; & GoN, 1953, Population Census of The Eastern Region of Nigeria 1953 http://www.afrimap.org/english/images/documents/UNRISD%20Nigeria%20Mustapha.pdf

The goon tonyebarcanista and the imp kyase......take note

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31am On Feb 08, 2016
ideykwum:

I'm Ijaw... and you're correct,; but blame people like tonyebarcanista for that. The temporary unity Igbos and Ijaws forged have been tampered with by such people.
Will you stop deceiving yourself? There was NO temporary unity anywhere.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Stop including Ondo, unless you want Yoruba to rise against you.
This is why I said Ijaws are balkanised by the Nigeria State. Ideally, no Ijaw clan should be in any SW states. That's why we are agitating for Toru Ibe state and Oil Rivers state.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Lordave: 10:15am On Feb 08, 2016
People keep pulling out figures from their disfigured ass. Which Ijaw is 10 million? And someone even said they are 10% of Nigeria population.

Ijaws slightly number above 5 million and that's fact!

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Olabestonic001(m): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2016
meforyou1:
shut the hell up clown. Igbo population is thrice the population of yoruba

See painment*winks*
Grow up man.
Yoruba's are more and even your rantings won't change the fact.
Some of you guys are just too petty, always wanting to be everything when you are obviously not much.
Continue your painment it won't change the fact that Yoruba's have more populations.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 10:48am On Feb 08, 2016
Kyase:

Guy why mention me.

And I'm not against him in any way.
Tonyebarcanista is always my guy. But we have different political view
Sorry my man, I just wanted to pass a message across to him.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Olabestonic001(m): 10:53am On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=misterawo post=42723381][/quote]
The data after the Civil war shows the reduction in population which was as a result of the ill-fated civil war.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 11:10am On Feb 08, 2016
Eastlink:
Sorry my man, I just wanted to pass a message across to him.
Hope say e deliver
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Olabestonic001(m): 11:10am On Feb 08, 2016
lolzzzz:
say anything you want to say but its the peak of ignorance for you to say yorubas are more than igbos in the north. Please, I know you don't also believe that shit you typed up there.

Name it, is it in kano, Kaduna, Jos or abuja? We have more igbos there than Yorubas. There's no need saying lies to suit your ego and desperation

I think its because of the "Noisemakers" lifestyle of the Igbo's that made them obvious and not because they are really much like that.
Where I work here in Lagos, I once thought Igbo's are of same proportion to Yoruba's until I found out that actually, the number of Igbo's was just like 8 but they are the Noisiest, even Ahoada guys trounce them in population.
You know being the loudest does not make you the biggest, the best or the most, it just makes you one thing "The Noisiest".
Igbo's are my Noisy Loudest Mouthed Neighborhors just as Manchester City is Manchester United's Noisy Neighborhors (Pine intended).
I love my Noisy Neighborhors.*Thumbs to them all*( I just pray my kids won't resemble my second family on that lane ooooo; Decorum is the name).
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by GodpunishBuhari: 11:34am On Feb 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This is why I said Ijaws are balkanised by the Nigeria State. Ideally, no Ijaw clan should be in any SW states. That's why we are agitating for Toru Ibe state and Oil Rivers state.

Fruitless agitation with no substance
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by TheArchangel(f): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2016
Olabestonic001:

I think its because of the "Noisemakers" lifestyle of the Igbo's that made them obvious and not because they are really much like that.
Where I work here in Lagos, I once thought Igbo's are of same proportion to Yoruba's until I found out that actually, the number of Igbo's was just like 8 but they are the Noisiest, even Ahoada guys trounce them in population.
You know being the loudest does not make you the biggest, the best or the most, it just makes you one thing "The Noisiest".
Igbo's are my Noisy Loudest Mouthed Neighborhors just as Manchester City is Manchester United's Noisy Neighborhors (Pine intended).
I love my Noisy Neighborhors.*Thumbs to them all*( I just pray my kids won't resemble my second family on that lane ooooo; Decorum is the name).
Igbos...noisest/ loudest? Where are you living..huh??

5 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
meforyou1:
which your homeland? Osogbo? Hope u remember that lagos is no man's land

To make it sink, you need to get on the street and protest inclusion of no man's land in Odua Investment Corporation.

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Hurry up with it...if you have a settler clan in Ondo make plans for their evacuation out of Ondo into Toru Ibe once your state creation is accomplished.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by HopeAtHand: 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Hurry up with it...if you have a settler clan in Ondo make plans for their evacuation out of Ondo into Toru Ibe once your state creation is accomplished.

Lolz.. but dat was quite mouthy.

Actually the problem with Ijaws is that they pick a quarrel with almost everyone. From yoruba to isekiri to urhobo to Ikwerre to akwaibom. How they can attempt to fight everyone simultaneously is what i cnt ponder. grin

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by StunningCEO: 10:21am On Feb 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Don't mind OPC jo....half of me is from Ondo and it is well known that Ijaws are part of the state....we are not like the iPod's who tell lies without compunction ..... grin
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
StunningCEO:

Don't mind OPC jo....half of me is from Ondo and it is well known that Ijaws are part of the state....we are not like the iPod's who tell lies without compunction ..... grin
I understand. Yorubas hv no issue with anybody that I know of

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I understand. Yorubas hv no issue with anybody that I know of
he said una too dey quarrel. Is it true grin
HopeAtHand:

Lolz.. but dat was quite mouthy.

Actually the problem with Ijaws is that they pick a quarrel with almost everyone. From yoruba to isekiri to urhobo to Ikwerre to akwaibom. How they can attempt to fight everyone simultaneously is what i cnt ponder. grin
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
he said una too dey quarrel. Is it true grin
Hopeathand can Go to hell with his tales! grin
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by DiademSh07: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
NDPVF:
[s][/s] Ask people here, i don't hide from challenge. I already told the other guy Eteedoho that i travelled out of the state. Am in Abuja right now for something very import.i would have loved to drive down there and met ediot like u. Those people are ijaws who settled in eastern obolo. Stop looking for trouble.u ijaws are troublesome. U fight itsekiri and urhobo in Delta state. You trouble Bini's in Edo, you grab igbo peoples properties in PH,you quarell with yorubas in Ondo.you fight with Ogoni people. Now you want to bring ur madtness here. You will be demolished here,lets be.
You still dey fight with the ijaw while the ibos are busying. claiming Akwaibom at another end!
What a funny dude!
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by DiademSh07: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
joeprince23:
oga I'm telling you facts on ground and you are saying google is my friend,are you for real? This is nigeria oo,wake up. its
See this Anambra land grabber! Really loves your style!
Quitely busy with his River's land grabbing while pretending to be a native!
You are a real clown!
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Hopeathand can Go to hell with his tales! grin
una be brother from dsame ss na. I mean the slogan of we southsouth, Wetin com cos una quarel na
Abeg make una setle o grin
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
DiademSh07:

You still dey fight with the ijaw while the ibos are busying. claiming Akwaibom at another end!
What a funny dude!
re you ok? Which igbos re busy claiming akwa ibom at another end?
This weed you re taking ain't good for you.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by DiademSh07: 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
re you ok? Which igbos re busy claiming akwa ibom at another end?
This weed you re taking ain't good for you.
meforyou1:
what do u mean igbos claim Akwa ibom. Are there no igbos in akwaibom? Is Enyeama an igbo man not from akwaibom? My friend Miss Ibekwe from akwaibom told me she's igbo. Pls don't compare ijaws with igbos
What about that?
Shameless clown!
Ibo and lies!
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by EteEdoho: 7:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
It's no news we have Igbos here in our borders carved into our state. Ask NDPVF. But it seems he is banned
DiademSh07:

What a funny dude!
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
DiademSh07:

What about that?
Shameless clown!
Ibo and lies!
you see your life? Ignorance is a disease, so you don't know that we have small portion of igbos shifted to akwa ibom during land boundaries adjustment?

There is a local govt in akwa ibom called ukanafun local gvt ,they mixed them with igbos from the east? Today the igbos re part of them.

Even in crossriver state, there is a local gvt called Abi local gvt, they speak igboid language. They once produced a governor called liyel imoke.
Pls google Abi local gvt and confirm if am saying the truth or not.

And if you want more proof concerning akwa ibom, permit me to call a brother though he may be serving ban now.

Cc pezienza

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by DiademSh07: 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
you see your life? Ignorance is a disease, so you don't know that we have small portion of igbos shifted to akwa ibom during land boundaries adjustment?

There is a local govt in akwa ibom called ukanafun local gvt ,they mixed them with igbos from the east? Today the igbos re part of them.

Even in crossriver state, there is a local gvt called Abi local gvt, they speak igboid language. They once produced a governor called liyel imoke.
Pls google Abi local gvt and confirm if am saying the truth or not.

And if you want more proof concerning akwa ibom, permit me to call a brother though he may be serving ban now.

Cc pezienza
LOL!
Gone from denying the 'not claiming' to shamelessly claiming it!
Ukanafun sounds ibo, right?
Guess, it's not only Akwaibom that's becoming ibo land but also Calabar!
Ibos are clowns!
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
DiademSh07:

What about that?
Shameless clown!
Ibo and lies!
what lie? Enyeama from AkwaIbom is not Igbo? My friend Miss ibekwe from AkwaIbom who told me she is igbo is not igbo?

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IGBOPRINCE: 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
DiademSh07:
LOL! Gone from denying the 'not claiming' to shamelessly claiming it! Ukanafun sounds ibo, right? Guess, it's not only Akwaibom that's becoming ibo land but also Calabar! Ibos are clowns!
gosh , you have comprehension problems. Pls read again.
Or re you 17?
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
lolzzzz:
I have not seen any ijaw person all my life.

bros, u wicked ooo. U no even see GEJ 4 TV? Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gunmen Break Into Abuja Home, Kidnap Father And Son / Akeredolu: "Tinubu Is The Capone Of South-West & South-South" / Palliatives: Why Photograph Of Gov Fintiri Is On Bags Of Rice – Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.