Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons (58223 Views)

"Chris Okafor Heals Woman With Maggots In Her Private Part" / Chris Okafor Blasts Bakare, Mbaka, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release / 'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Niceman4u(m): 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Can somebody explain wat ds one s blabbing abt
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by AJOT99(m): 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
The only true miracles are well orchestrated lies. From the Virgin birth to the Resurrection, miracles are just exaggerated stories. It doesn't matter who claims to have performed them. Whether TB Culosis or Bonke.

Hmmm.... .

U do not believe in God, yet u believe in lucifer but believe u me, you don't know Lucifer. This is because if u knew him, u will never believe in him.

NB - I am open to curses and abuses from cos they do me nothing.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ishilove: 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My homeboys Leicester . Its the match of the season and if Leicester win , they will be 8 points ahead of Arsenal . Chelsea done fvk up this season so I'm supporting passion , resilience and hardwork - Leicester City
Errr, okay...

I support MFM FC undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by ibolomo(m): 1:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
Not all Nigerian pastors are seen as con artists that prey on the ignorance of their followers. Pastors like E.A Adeboye are not accused of staging miracles. The reason why some of those pastors are questioned is because their lives are questionable. They give off the vibe that they are malicious money-making thieves through their several offerings and 'seeds'. Some of them even do their 'miracles' like magic using unbiblical methods that are well known to be used by satanists. That, and not the fact that they are nigerians is the reason people are skeptical about their so called miracles. Your other point is completely on point.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by tolastikha: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
I'm not surprised at you all here. The black man sense has been taken off our heads. At a point in this planet earth, the white dude fear us than Ebola and Zaki virus. We hard potent God variously called Orunmila, Chi, Obalywaye, Ogiame, etc. Suddenly, the white dude came begin that they want same in their land. Foolishly, we gave them our God and took theirs in return. Now that their God is discovered to be impotent, we merely remember our own and use it to garnish the impotent God we found in our hands to still keep the black raise alive. We should even be thankful to TB Joshua and the rest for helping us to discover our God.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by cirmuell(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Christianity ("overreligiousity"wink is one of the problems of this country.
You should know that
All right sir.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Sylvester70(m): 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
i dislike their miracles because every time i turn to tb joshua tv i ALWAYS see him chasing out evil spirit and i hate that i come dey ask myself if spirit de drop their sense often or those he have a magnetor that attracts evil spirit to the church he should put more effort to preaching than doing fake miracles and by mere looking at it u will knw that its fake and by the way i belive in salvation and not in church

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by ibisko04: 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

You're right sir. I'm just worried about the way some attribute underdevelopment to religion. That's why I cited the case of South Korea.

South Korean worship God with their senses. South Korean leaders knows that taking money illegally from the public treasury and pay's ten percent in the Church will not help their country development.
Churches in Nigeria particularly the Pentecostal brand are now being formulated and runs like business empires
Religions is a personal thing. Almighty God have made everything perfect from the beginning of the world and all things remains perfect.
God gave human beings sense so as to know what is right and what is wrong, to worship and to serve, to dominates and control his territory according to his senses.
Koreans' are using their own senses to worship God almighty and service to the people of the land while Nigerians Pentecostal are worshipping their general overseers and church founders.
That is the reason why different characters are proofing answers to call from almighty God whereas they tend towards frivolity in all things pertaining to their characters.
We must open our eyes very well to see what is biblical obligations.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
Oyiboman69:
op, you lack etiquette....
why dyu say that kwanu?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by UyiIredia(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
uzolexis:

the bolded is a big fat lie. South Koreans are not highly religious. They have the biggest church does not make them religious, church is just a building and does not determine how religious a pple are.

Noted. I made a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Imars(m): 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
Matthew 6 v 33 "But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall added unto you". Churches are divided groups. A Christian is a person that is Christ like character, minded and led by the Holy Spirit. D Holy Spirit will lead true children of God to be truthful, polite, humble, meek, confirm true revelation and godly disposition. Evil (confusion) spirit will always lead people 2 believe lies, be arrogant, abusive, intolerant and all the vices. Every church preaches Jesus and so its evil (confusion) spirit that will lead people 2 decamp or breakout from one church to form another. If everyone is led by the Holy Spirit and become true Born Again Christian to know that we are only promised the Kingdom of God – (Matthew 6:9-10 -“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”), these rebels against God led by the evil (confusion) spirit will not have opportunity to continue to corner tithe & offering into their pocket, by which they exist. There4, d churches are strategies of the devil to lead people astray. The following instance are:
1. KNOCKING OF HEAD (Falling on our faces). Texts: Gen.17:3 & 17, 1 Sam.20:41, Num.20:6, Matt. 2: 11, 17:6, 26:39, 2 Cron.7:3,1 Corint.14:25, Rev.7:11,11:16 & many other verses in d Holy Bible.
Knocking of head is an indispensable and indisputable ritual in d worship of Jehovah God. Angels do it, Spirits do it, Abraham did it, David did it, Moses did it, Aaron did it, d 3 Wise Men did it, d 12 disciples did it, Apostle Paul said it, OUR LORD Jesus CHRIST did it, the 24 Elders (before d throne of God Almighty) did it, the Pope does it, members of Brotherhood of The Cross and Star (d Kingdom of God now on earth) do it and The returned Christ HIS HOLINESS OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU does it.
2. Picture technology is less than 200 years and our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified over 2000 years ago, therefore when was did they take the picture of Him. I always wonder when I hear some Church founders preach & say they saw Jesus in dream & vision, & unfortunately they place dis picture in their Church.
3. Decamping or breaking out on one church following the confusion of satan to form another.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by andy48: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
It's due to Mental slavery. They think the white man is a Saint that we must copy and paste whatever they do. Meanwhile they think their own Africans are of no good. I addressed similar issue in my post about those silly Nigerians that are insulting our country for not imitating America to legalize gay marriage.
We are the biggest racist to our own self. Go through Nigeria/most African airport, watch how they will give you hard time and try to extort you in the name of screening, and then compare to the easy passage and respect they will give a white man standing behind you. See how our own police/army brutalize us here, do they dare treat any white foreigner like that here? These are the issue. The white man has unfortunately become 'superior' to us even in our own land and our mind. It is true We had independence but NOT mental independence.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by eROCK247(m): 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country.

SMH. So the essence of ur piece is to condemn the lack of faith of Nigerians ryt? You seem to forget that a vast majority of the aforementioned Pastors' followers are NIGERIANS.

My personal ish with the 'miracles' is actually the conscious publicity it's given. Miracles, rather than salvation seems to be the principal offer from modern day churches. Is this biblical
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Strawman: 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis, Uyilredia, KingEbukasBlog, paulGrundy, analice107...
God bless you
And you know why wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
They are both false prophets. Stop giving sons of satan good façade.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Duru009(m): 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
pastor Christ oyakhilomen, Prophet tb Joshua, Pastor Christ okafor.

these are real men of GOD. who has paid their dues and sacrifice in the realm of the spirit.
you cannot paid the sacrifice thy have made.

Take it or leave it. thy are real men of GOD.

They are changing lives n destines.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:
Did you notice that all those fall into 2 categories- electronics and cars. US innovation is more diversified . Three U.S. Companies - Google Apple and Facebook are probably more profitable than all those companies you mentioned

The innovation output in Silicon Valley alone is probably higher than Japan these days. Just like her economy , Japanese innovation has stagnated

Yeah, right
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Rhea(f): 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Sequence to this thread earlier posted today:
https://www.nairaland.com/2920930/chris-okafor-raises-dead-baby

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Let's stop this public display of SHAME, please!

Go and read about Jim Jones and understand the origin of most of these charlatan pastors deceiving Nigerians. They mount the pulpit as paupers and start buying private jets and building choice mansions while their mumuish zombied followers continue to impoverish themselves in the name of religion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ishilove:

Errr, okay...

I support MFM FC undecided

Leicester lost angry sad \

cry cry cry

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

cry cry cry

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by paschu: 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

undecided

I don't have your time. Only a fool will look at Norway and say that it is religious.

So after seeing the facts and figures, you are still arguing your lost case? Jeeez!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Their 'religiosity' isn't responsible for their development. African religiosity is firmly anchored on ignorance and rejection of rationality.
Word[b][/b]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by andyanders: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Sequence to this thread earlier posted today:
https://www.nairaland.com/2920930/chris-okafor-raises-dead-baby

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Let's stop this public display of SHAME, please!

Op, you shouldn't be surprised over this because a Prophet is not known in his own place and as Nigerians, we do not believe that any good thing can come from this part of the world.

Prophet T.B.Joshua is a blessing to this world and we are lucky to have such a wonderful man of God that we should appreciate but we don't.

A man who has given all he has to the world. He never went buying worldly things, never can you see him with expensive cars or things of such, rather, he is there giving to the poor the sick and the less privileged, yet we call him names.

Jesus faced same thing when he was refereed to as 'that son of a carpenter'?Until he left, that the world realized who Jesus was.

Prophet T.B.Joshua is here with us today and some people never see him as something.Until he completes his works on earth, then that people would come to terms with this great man of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ishilove: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

cry cry cry
Kikikikikikik... Support MFM and you will not be disappointed cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:
The op is as ridiculous as the people he condemns

Black christians following the religion of their white slave masters.

Should we be clamoring for the biggest church in our country to be next to the federal government's headquarters?

Why not the biggest library? Or the biggest hospital.

Miracle ko, magic trick ni!

Wa rike!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
paschu:

So after seeing the facts and figures, you are still arguing your lost case? Jeeez!!!

grin grin grin

As if I didnt put my figures and explain why his own are wrong? cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by lordfemi(m): 8:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
The only true miracles are well orchestrated lies. From the Virgin birth to the Resurrection, miracles are just exaggerated stories. It doesn't matter who claims to have performed them. Whether TB Culosis or Bonke.

What happened to you?I think you are too young to start wondering about Life...too wise in your own eyes
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ishilove:

Kikikikikikik... Support MFM and you will not be disappointed cheesy

Swearie , I dont think they play in Nigeria's first division . Its that even a real team ? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ishilove: 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Swearie , I dont think they play in Nigeria's first division . Its that even a real team ? grin
Lmaaaaaao! Yes o, they are. They won the church football world cup (or something like that) last year cheesy

They play in the division one. Isn't that where Enyimba and co play? Division one?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2016
Ishilove:

Lmaaaaaao! Yes o, they are. They won the church football world cup (or something like that) last year cheesy

They play in the division one. Isn't that where Enyimba and co play? Division one?

"MFM FC is a Nigerian football club. They play in the second-tier division in Nigerian football... " - Wikipedia

Enyinmba and co play in the Nigerian Premier League smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ishilove: 10:06am On Feb 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

"MFM FC is a Nigerian football club. They play in the second-tier division in Nigerian football... " - Wikipedia

Enyinmba and co play in the Nigerian Premier League smiley
Whats the difference?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2016
Ishilove:

Whats the difference?

There are tiers/divisions of football leagues in a country . The Premier League is the number one , the top of them all and the rest are the first division , second division , third etc . Sometimes the premier league is referred to as the first or top division . MFM FC are in a lower Nigerian league - in the second tier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Of Father Cosmas Ahamefula Ekwuribe Who Died In His Sleep / Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? / Mohamad Amin Faridi: From Jihad To Jesus #10yearchallenge Of A Christian Convert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.