Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons (58163 Views)

"Chris Okafor Heals Woman With Maggots In Her Private Part" / Chris Okafor Blasts Bakare, Mbaka, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release / 'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by bizgai(m): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2016
In Pastor Tuned Bakare's voice, " LOCK ALL GENERAL OVERSEER UP INCLUDING HIMSELF" why? Coz they control millions of mind's in this country. Big individuals in weak institutions which is peculiar to our religious institutions is what you can't compare to the KOREAN, there is church in ASO ROCK so is Mosque. I think the question is WHAT'S THE MESSAGE & HOW DOES IT INFLUENCE OUR LIVES FOR GREATER GOOD OF OUR NATION.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by tomdon(m): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:
The op is as ridiculous as the people he condemns

Black christians following the religion of their white slave masters.

Should we be clamoring for the biggest church in our country to be next to the federal government's headquarters?

Why not the biggest library? Or the biggest hospital.

Miracle ko, magic trick ni!

I fail to see where the OP clamored for the biggest church in our country to be next to the federal government's headquarters
are you just bereft of a sense of tolerance or your lack of objectivity makes you see things only your own perspective
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2016
ebamma:
I'm always of the thought that this Nigerian Pentecostal Pastors are closet Atheists,
Cos this is a guy that keeps telling you that you cannot cheat God, yet he steals from the tithe pot to buy jets and maintain an opulent lifestyle,

This guy loves his rich members, he does not joke with them, he always finds time to organise special prayers for them,
He blackmails you into parting with your money, with threats that God only blesses those who give,
Yet he is isn't a giver but a taker,
I bet many of this pastors already know that Prayers don't work, since the have prayed many times and didn't get what the prayed for,

To them, a church is the best avenue to get people to part with their hard earned money and it gives you the ability to gain the respect and adoration of many
It means that you don't know who is an ATHEIST.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nbote(m): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2016
Na wa ooo. Una jus dey speak plenty grammar for here but na how e take concern south Korea I no understand. Why we come dey like dis Korea people these days. First our govt go warn North Korea now some people dey compare&contrast South Korea. . Make North Korea no hear any of am oooo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:
On what basis are you making this statement?

Facts dont lie

Why do you think Norway is more developed than the U.S. ?

You can look it up

And by the way Norwagieans are generally not religious .

When a nation has over 70 percent of its population identifying as Religious then it is .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Mcowubaba: 11:13am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Look at the bold in your comment.

How many south koreans believe in God? Answer that question before you start talking nonsense.

The difference with South Korea and Nigeria is that religion does not come before proper governance and common sense. Again look at the bold in your comment- they have solid educational systems and infrastructure unlike Nigeria which doesn't have anything but prioritizes religion.

The problem i have with Agonistic Atheists is that the don't allow others to express their freedom of Religion..
Hw does Nigeria prioritizers Religion
In our annual budget hw much is being allocated to Religious activities undecided eh answer me oooo ?....

Oga religion or Christianity is not the cause of Africans' backwardness, the cause is Corruption, greed, incompetence, tribalism nd pettiness etc not Christianity or Islam...nd nor of this 2 major Religion supports this ills...
So i don't knw hw u guys (atheists) always come up with a flawed logic,- relating Christainity as the reason for ur Governor not to carryout his constitutional duties
If Winners chapel build new church una go talk say na the reason why Government neva pay salaries..
All the funds that are emblezzled by our leaders, pls do the bring them in bulk to Church or mosque No be Dubai, London, USA dem d cari de moni go? Nd foreign accounts nd assorted properties nd private jets....
I taya for this Atheist people self..
Nepa take light u blame TB joshua shocked
Trailer jam pikin, u blame Adeboye

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by uzolexis(f): 11:17am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I admire the disingenuousness . So you skipped the very first striking statement in the article - a very recent one , 2013

In Norway, when a child is born, he/she is automatically registered as a member of the national church and his/her name stays there until he/she deregisters.
Norwagians are not religious,I have lived there for a while.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by jamace(m): 11:17am On Feb 14, 2016
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ebukaobi: 11:20am On Feb 14, 2016
What facts are those ?

I'm just curious as to how you came to that conclusion

How do you define development?

And bros I like the way you argue, it is clear you are brilliant but more importantly a passionate Christian but let me tell you this as someone who has links with Scandinavia countries, they are not religious. They are the least religious in Europe

KingEbukasBlog:

Facts dont lie

You can look it up

When a nation has over 70 percent of its population identifying as Religious then it is .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:20am On Feb 14, 2016
Mcowubaba:

The problem i have with Agonistic Atheists is that the don't allow others to express their freedom of Religion..
In our annual budget hw much is being allocated to Religious activities undecided eh answer me oooo ?....

Oga religion or Christianity is not the cause of Africans' backwardness, the cause is Corruption, greed, incompetence, tribalism nd pettiness etc not Christianity or Islam...nd nor of this 2 major Religion supports this ills...
So i don't knw hw u guys (atheists) always come up with a flawed logic,- relating Christainity as the reason for ur Governor not to carryout his constitutional duties
If Winners chapel build new church una go talk say na the reason why Government neva pay salaries..
All the funds that are emblezzled by our leaders, pls do the bring them in bulk to Church or mosque No be Dubai, London, USA dem d cari de moni go? Nd foreign accounts nd assorted properties nd private jets....

First of all there is sharia law in Nigeria which goes against the Nigerian constitution
Second of all, Nigerians themselves prioritize religion alot
Thirdly, the government until Buhari was wasting money on both xtian and islamic pilgrimage
Also, people have been caught tithing money from stolen funds
Churches and mosques spread a lot of dangerous misinformation- against condoms, against family planning, fake HIV cures etc

So yes, religion is one of the many problems of Nigeria, along corruption and bad governance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by bizgai(m): 11:21am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Sequence to this thread earlier posted today:
https://www.nairaland.com/2920930/chris-okafor-raises-dead-baby

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Let's stop this public display of SHAME, please!
RELIGION HAS DON MORE HARM THAN GOOD TO THIS COUNTRY , my candid opinion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by dikeigbo2(m): 11:23am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:
The op is as ridiculous as the people he condemns

Black christians following the religion of their white slave masters.

Should we be clamoring for the biggest church in our country to be next to the federal government's headquarters?

Why not the biggest library? Or the biggest hospital.

Miracle ko, magic trick ni!

The op just advertised his church, that's the problem with religion and over religious, my church, my ministry, my this, my that, instead of preaching Christ and living like Christ that made us Christians.,this same problem happened in Turkey, St Paul is from tarsus in Turkey, the biggest cathedral or church is in Turkey then,but today the reverse is the case,all the big cathedrals and Churches are mosques......

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:24am On Feb 14, 2016
tomdon:

I fail to see where the OP clamored for the biggest church in our country to be next to the federal government's headquarters
are you just bereft of a sense of tolerance or your lack of objectivity makes you see things only your own perspective

The op was praising South Korea for having the biggest church next to its government headquarters as if it is a good thing

Acidosis:
They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

That was what I was addressing.

Bros, read before you comment

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25am On Feb 14, 2016
uzolexis:

Norwagians are not religious

For Christ's sake stats and researches say they are deeply rooted in Christianity even Historically .

I have lived there for a while.

I believe you smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ishilove: 11:26am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How was your comment of spiritual significance . You dont believe in another realm apart from the physical - such closemindedness . Atheism limits one's perception of life
You really need to stop debating with trolls. They are argue for the sake of arguments, not for knowledge. Use your wisdom for more productive ventures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:28am On Feb 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Really?

On what basis did you make that assertion?

Please list the top 3 developed nations

Norway, Australia, Denmark, Switzerland. (human development index)

This is something you can google yourself

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by bizgai(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2016
Mcowubaba:

like you don't know the roles religion plays in all of this. Bross Sidon there dey find miracle.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by olumite1234(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2016
Faith is a gift which many people are yet to receive

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2016
Ishilove:

You really need to stop debating with trolls. They are argue for the sake of arguments, not for knowledge. Use your wisdom for more productive ventures

Thanks dear . Arsenal's match is by 1 pm I just wanted to pass time smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ishilove: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Arsenal vs who sef?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2016
cirmuell:
Wait! So you're saying Christianity is the 'problem' of Nigeria? Common sense is really not common.

Christianity ("overreligiousity"wink is one of the problems of this country.

You should know that

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2016
Ishilove:

KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

Dey deceive yourselves

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by DedeNkem: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2016
Religion is crap! And Nigerians are too dumb to realise it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by uzolexis(f): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

For Christ's sake stats and researches say they are deeply rooted in Christianity even Historically .

I believe you smiley

yes, historically they are deeply rooted in christianity like many other European countries but in recent times, the role of religion has been diminished as they are not religious.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:34am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin grin

Dey deceive yourselves

You've not yet told me how the studies were done and whether you practice humanist spiritualism wink undecided

grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Okijajuju1(m): 11:35am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
https://www.nairaland.com/2920930/chris-okafor-raises-dead-baby

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Let's stop this public display of SHAME, please!

How is this fuckery even on the frontpage?

This is not a thread of reason but one to attack skeptics.

How do you know T.B Joshua's miracles are real?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ebukaobi: 11:37am On Feb 14, 2016
You don't need to be rude

HDI is just one index out of several indices that determine the level of development. There is no holistic framework that provides irrefutable evidence that Norway is more developed than the U.S.

I'm not trying to belittle your argument but advising that you need to weigh your statements a bit more carefully

JackBizzle:

Norway, Australia, Denmark, Switzerland. (human development index)

This is something you can google yourself

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You've not yet told me how the studies were done and whether you practice humanist spiritualism wink undecided

grin

As humanists, we see spirituality in human ingenuity, creativity and art. For instance, take music- just hearing a deep piano sound (horror movie soundtrack) can make you scared or a simple melody can make you happy.

As for the studies.....well..........google na ur paddy. If you dont know how studies are don then...you should learn to read/research for yourself

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:39am On Feb 14, 2016
This OP obviously can't see beyond his religious nose!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:42am On Feb 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:
You don't need to be rude

HDI is just one index out of several indices that determine the level of development. There is no holistic framework that provides irrefutable evidence that Norway is more developed than the U.S.

I'm not trying to belittle your argument but advising that you need to weigh your statements a bit more carefully

Please take your own advice and stop talking nonsense about what you dont know. The HDI uses many criteria and variables to determine the rankings.

criteria such as
-life expectancy
-education level/literacy of citizens
-standard of living
etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:43am On Feb 14, 2016
uzolexis:

yes, historically they are deeply rooted in christianity like many other European countries but in recent times, the role of religion has been diminished as they are not religious.

Secularism reduces the preponderance of religion in the government , schools . And Secularism originated from Christianity .

You need to understand what it means that secularism is not atheism - the disbelief in God/gods .

When we talk of Religion , others come in consideration - Islam and the others .

The proliferation of Muslims in European countries has gone unnoticed . Researches say that Islam by 2050 would be the most practiced Religion not even atheism . Atheism off course would die off
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2016
Ishilove:

Arsenal vs who sef?

My homeboys Leicester . Its the match of the season and if Leicester win , they will be 8 points ahead of Arsenal . Chelsea done fvk up this season so I'm supporting passion , resilience and hardwork - Leicester City

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Folakemi Kuforiji Dances Gbe Body / Zanku Legwork In Church / Burial Of Father Cosmas Ahamefula Ekwuribe Who Died In His Sleep / Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.