Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Married and Engaged Members Thread - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married and Engaged Members Thread (6239 Views)

"I Only Married And Stays With You Because Of The Way You Bang Me" -says My Wife / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. / For Married and soon to be married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by spoilt(f): 2:14am On Feb 24, 2008
nwando:

turn here,shoulder,turn there "abunna"

nwando i dont believe you said that! shocked
good grief. im blushing! embarassed grin grin grin
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by OmoEko1(f): 2:18am On Feb 24, 2008
Well it's a great feeling to be engaged but then again it's kind of scary and hard giving up things you love doing and other things in general.

Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by TheSly: 2:20am On Feb 24, 2008
*subscribing to thread* cheesy
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 24, 2008
*subscribing to thread* cheesy

What do you want to hear? grin lipsrsealed
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Dreloaded(f): 5:22am On Feb 24, 2008
every girl on Nairaland is supposedly engaged. You're fooling yourself with this thread
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by OmoEko1(f): 5:54am On Feb 24, 2008
The "supposedly Engaged" girls are better than those ones claiming “Boyfriend" statues at their late twenties!!!!!!!!!!rubbish
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Dreloaded(f): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2008
Same difference. It's all "claiming" no matter how they would like to twist it. grin. A person could merely have a boyfriend and still claim "engaged" even when they arent even UP to that stage, so NO it's not better as it's the same delusion of grandeur. wink

How many threads are there on Nairaland with girls yearning "I can't believe he cheated on me or had other girls, when he showed me to his friends and family, we were "engaged", falling for the oldest trick in the book of male lies. Unless there's a mutual act of exclusive-ness, a ring signifying the bond and the family has done extensive research and are all aware of this relationship then there's no fiancee/fiance.

Of course I know some who claim such mainly cos they dont want to be bothered by the cretins of NL. Understandable. smiley

anyway I see this is actually a 2005 thread, weird

Anyway osisi, you craze grin

spoilt, what do you mean by not being in a conventional marriage?
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by LadyT(f): 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2008
LOL I know of many husband and wives who didnt even see the front of the church, grin
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by tRoOE(f): 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

Same difference. It's all "claiming" no matter how they would like to twist it. grin. A person could merely have a boyfriend and still claim "engaged" even when they arent even UP to that stage, so NO it's not better as it's the same delusion of grandeur. wink

How many threads are there on Nairaland with girls yearning "I can't believe he cheated on me or had other girls, when he showed me to his friends and family, we were "engaged", falling for the oldest trick in the book of male lies. Unless there's a mutual act of exclusive-ness, a ring signifying the bond and the family has done extensive research and are all aware of this relationship then there's no fiancee/fiance.

Of course I know some who claim such mainly because they don't want to be bothered by the cretins of Nairaland. Understandable. smiley

anyway I see this is actually a 2005 thread, weird

Anyway osisi, you craze grin

spoilt, what do you mean by not being in a conventional marriage?
Well you are kind of right as per the whole engaging thing but about the ring thing not everyone are into jewelries.

And you don’t have to have a ring on your finger to prove you are engaged wink wink
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by LadyT(f): 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2008
Hmmm you should like those men who tell thier wives I dont need a ring to show Im married. But we all know they dont wear it so they can do rubbish outside,
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Dreloaded(f): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2008
tRoOE:

And you don’t have to have a ring on your finger to prove you are engaged wink wink
[/font][/size]

Maybe that's fine for others, but not me. Unless they're Jehovah Witnesses I dont see why a ring should be absent. after him poping the question(not those who just mke assumptions cos they have seen his mama), that's the second most important thing signifying that bond.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Dreloaded(f): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2008
LadyT:

Hmmm you should like those men who tell their wives I don't need a ring to show I'm married. But we all know they don't wear it so they can do rubbish outside,

exactly.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by 4Him(m): 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2008
tRoOE:

Well you are kind of right as per the whole engaging thing but about the ring thing not everyone are into jewelries.

i think u're just making excuses for the facts that:
1. you dont have an engagement ring to justify ur alleged engagement.
2. Your purported engagement may just be a figment of ur own imagination.

No woman i know, even those who dislike ear rings, will refuse an engagement ring.

You sound so much like this chic in our lab. She's 30, lives in with her bf and is busy talking about savings accounts, getting a bigger house, buying washers and dryers into the home bla bla bla. I mostly stare in amazement . . . is this girl living on planet mars?
This guy has NOT even asked you to be his wife, his mom barely knows you and you're busy playing married life!

I guess desperation plays out in different ways.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by almondjoy(f): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2008
4Him:

1. you don't have an engagement ring to justify your alleged engagement.
2. Your purported engagement may just be a figment of your own imagination.

No woman i know, even those who dislike ear rings, will refuse an engagement ring.

You sound so much like this chic in our lab. She's 30, lives in with her boyfriend and is busy talking about savings accounts, getting a bigger house, buying washers and dryers into the home bla bla bla. I mostly stare in amazement . . . is this girl living on planet mars?

This guy has NOT even asked you to be his wife, his mom barely knows you and you're busy playing married life!

That is one smart woman! kiss  I wish most would be like her.  She is living with him or he is living with her or they are living together, and you think an engagement ring should be the first thing on her mind? They are already in a common law marriage please oooooooooooooooooh! grin  Anything past 6 months of shacking up is called a common law marriage in most states in the US. cool If they are not ready to tie the knot--they should not be livin' together to cut "costs"!  That is why people advertize for room mates.  Hopefully they don't start "shimmering" those too.

Sorry oh, some of us still make plans even when guys are not ready--that is their business.  If it does not work out. . . . . .too bad.  He will be replaced and my home will be almost prepared for marriage! kiss  If you do the crime, be prepared to do the time.

It is called making hay while the sun shines.  When the lady gets pregnant, I guess he would be forced to move out, throw her out or buy that ring by force, then divorce later.  Fine with some of us. undecided  Life goes on no marrrrer how messed up it is.

The reason we have baby mamas and baby dadas littered all over the globe! cheesy

People just set up their lives to be messed up!
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Dreloaded(f): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2008
Lmao grin
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by tRoOE(f): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2008
4Him:

1. you don't have an engagement ring to justify your alleged engagement.

And who said nothing about not having a ring

2. Your purported engagement may just be a figment of your own imagination.
And what will I gain from that type of imagination oh because you seem to be jumping into conclusion very fast

And who said anything about refusing an engagement ring, there you go again another assumption from you. Btw, i was responding to D reloaders comments neither was i talking about me, was just replying to her in general.
And why will a girl like me want refuse a ring  undecided lol, gosh think

Come to think of it my mom doesn't wear her wedding ring but will denial the fact that she's a married woman

You sound so much like this chic in our lab. She's 30, lives in with her boyfriend and is busy talking about savings accounts, getting a bigger house, buying washers and dryers into the home bla bla bla. I mostly stare in amazement . . . is this girl living on planet mars?
Nope i live in the same world like you

Well not sure if this question was directed to me or not, but just in case it was hmmmmmmmm and do you know me outside nland, or my personal life to know he didn't ask me to marry, or his family doesn’t no me, or do you think am one of those girls a guy can deceive like that by sweet talking, my parents taught me better than that.

You think you know me or what am capable of, don't let all this nland post of mine decive you, because you know shit about me
As far the mother-in- law just spoke to her an hr ago cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

And what will i gain from that oh, i ain't desperate because that isn't my style, neither am i begging anyone to marry me, nor do i need a mad to survive in this world

The only desperation i have is making money but in a legal way so my parents can eat the fruit of their labor, and living life to the fullest, and been the best daughter my mom want me to be
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by spoilt(f): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2008
please singles dont come and spoil our thread. which ones?  ;d
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by GEW: 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2009
wbb
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Seun(m): 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2009
Anyone got married or engaged this year?
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by mamagee6(f): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2009
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by tureal(m): 12:09am On Dec 07, 2009
been married is the best thing that has ever happen to me,,,, am not sure am missing any thing by been married but rather loving every moment of my marriege,, ,, don't no way maybe when i wakeup in the morning and see my daughter aka tupretty,, the smily on my face lighteen,,, or maybe because my wife his the most loving and caring supportive wife ever,, ,, infact my friends envy me cos been married those not stop me from hanging out with them or have some boys outing
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by OAM4J: 12:49am On Dec 07, 2009
tureal:

been married is the best thing that has ever happen to me,,,, am not sure am missing any thing by been married but rather loving every moment of my marriege,, ,, don't no way maybe when i wakeup in the morning and see my daughter aka tupretty,,  the smily on my face lighteen,,, or maybe because my wife his the most loving and caring supportive wife ever,, ,, infact my friends envy me cos been married those not stop me from hanging out with them or have some boys outing

Congrats.

But reading through this thread, marriage looks scary. Wonder if it worths the whole stress.

Those who started the thread are not even around any more to give us update, i wonder whatever could have happened to their marriage/believes.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by ayomidej(f): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2009
Being married is FUN but then it has its ups and downs. There is nothing called PERFECT marriage, we argue, listen and solve issues together.

Building your house on the right foundation is very important and sharing information is VITAL grin
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Fhemmmy: 1:08am On Dec 08, 2009
I think married couple need to get time off after every few years.
We do get sabbatical leave after some years of work, so something like that will help too in marriages

Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by OAM4J: 1:36am On Dec 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I think married couple need to get time off after every few years.
We do get sabbatical leave after some years of work, so something like that will help too in marriages

Wish is allowed, may be a lot more will get married. lol cheesy grin
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Fhemmmy: 1:43am On Dec 08, 2009
OAM4J:

Wish is allowed, may be a lot more will get married. lol cheesy grin

yes oh, cos the only ones that seems to be enjoying the marriage are the women.
I wish i cld propose sabbatical leave off a marriage every 2 - 3 years, say for like 3 months . . . . .

Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by OAM4J: 2:01am On Dec 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

yes oh, cos the only ones that seems to be enjoying the marriage are the women.
I wish i cld propose sabbatical leave off a marriage every 2 - 3 years, say for like 3 months . . . . .

It should be like 1 month in a year and 1 full year in seven years. that is real sabbatical cheesy grin
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Fhemmmy: 2:12am On Dec 08, 2009
OAM4J:

It should be like 1 month in a year and 1 full year in seven years. that is real sabbatical cheesy grin

If they will allow this, i am sure many marriage will last and more will get married cos there is something or one month in a year to look forward to.

Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by ubiaa5(f): 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2009
u guys wish all u want, but there is no leave,except it goes both ways u leave 4 one mths i do too.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by OAM4J: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2009
ubiaa5:

u guys wish all u want, but there is no leave,except it goes both ways u leave 4 one mths i do too.

Sure it has to be both ways. Once he is on leave, automatically you are on leave too. During the leave, you both can live as singles again. Dont you think its a brilliant idea though it looks funny. might save many marriages and encourage a lot more to get marry. cheesy
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Fhemmmy: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2009
ubiaa5:

Ofcourse now, no one say while i am gone for one month, u shd be thinking, that means u have the opportunity to unwind too for one month in a year and 1 year in every 7 years.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by ubiaa5(f): 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
while u guys r unwinding i hope u will take d kids wit u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Paid For My School Fees / The Bitter Experience That Taught Me A Lesson To Save Money (True Story) / 20 Qualities Of A Gentleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.