Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,552 members, 7,812,762 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. (2515 Views)

Osinbajo Celebrates Pastors Adeboye, Olukoya As Unilag’s ‘firsts’ / IPOB Members Attack Home Of Abia State Commissioner Of Police / DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Shegman22(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
The Pacesetter State even though it might not have held the ace. But you can't take these away: The 1st University, (U.I) Ibadan The 1st Teaching Hospital, (UCH) Ibadan The 1st Stadium, (Liberty) Ibadan The 1st TV Station, (NTA)Ibadan The 1st Private TV Station, (GALAXY) Ibadan The 1st Skycrapper, (Cocoa House) Ibadan The 1st Housing Corporation, Ibadan The 1st Dualised Road, (Queen Elizabeth Road) The 1st Parliament, Ibadan Ibadan was the seat of government in the Western Nigeria. But when they want to talk, they say this Ibadan people. Was it not Ibadan that taught all of you how to speak English, taught every Nigeria- trained Doctor how to do surgery, taught journalists how to present news and carry cameras, the housing corporation in Ibadan approved all the estates and designs. That was how this lady came from Lagos for the first time and was shocked to discover that Ibadan is different from the picture she had carried in her mind for years: Ibadan is old, full of old people, they can't speak english, you need a translator, too dirty, houses don't have toilets, there are no recreations, people carry tribal marks on their cheeks, everybody wears ankara, there are no pentecostal churches, they go to ori oke, no studios in Ibadan, no good musicians, no event planners, bring everything you need from Lagos if you have an event in Ibadan, the place is jagajaga. Shior. But Now, they want to settle down in Ibadan because it's cheap, friendly, free, and easy to move around. Go Back! Don't spoil air for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by forgiveness: 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ok na
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by macIB(m): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Well said. I have found out that most lagosians are myopic people that have not ventured to go out of lagos state and call other places primitive. It is quite unfortunate. Some of the popular pple in lagos are even Ibadan born and breed...eg Mike Adenuga, Olu maintain, Ouilox owner ( Mr Pellar). Even Wole Soyinka is more Ibadan sef. And this is just to mention a few.
Ibadan is not a village but a city state and bigger in size than all lagos state combined. QED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Remii(m): 6:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
kini soo, soo suo ni
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by menabae(f): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
Dnt mind them op... Even the premier fm was said to be the first radio fm in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Omololu007(m): 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
H
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Omololu007(m): 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
macIB:
Well said. I have found out that most lagosians are myopic people that have not ventured to go out of lagos state and call other places primitive. It is quite unfortunate. Some of the popular pple in lagos are even Ibadan born and breed...eg Mike Adenuga, Olu maintain, Ouilox owner ( Mr Pellar). Even Wole Soyinka is more Ibadan sef. And this is just to mention a few.
Ibadan is not a village but a city state and bigger in size than all lagos state combined. QED
ibadan is not bigger than lagos state
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Pwayne2016(m): 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Now the City na Ibadown...what a rusty dirty place...spits

1 Like

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Flyoruboy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Pwayne2016:

Bro, can't pesin have a thread without you invading and disrupting it. Your attention may be needed here instead:

https://www.nairaland.com/2923154/onitsha-anmbra-man-never-show

Maybe you can go and settle the senseless rift those guys are putting up. sad At least you can't blame a Yoruba person for starting that one.

2 Likes

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by DiademSh07: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Pwayne2016:
Far better than your abominable gully erosion landlocked land though!

3 Likes

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by ODVanguard: 7:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/actress-kiki-omeili-gushes-over-new-look-ibadan

Actress Kiki Omeili gushes over new-look Ibadan

February 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poTUVhmETLw

Nollywood ebony beauty, Nkiruka Omeili, popularly known as Kiki Omeili, has been full of admiration at the level of development going on in Ibadan, Oyo State.
The actress, presenter and doctor, who travelled to the ancient city for the shoot of a newly released movie, ‘Couple of Days’, told Saturday Tribune at the private screening of the movie in FilmHouse Cinema, Surulere, Lagos during the week that she was surprised at the new look of Ibadan. The ‘Lekki Wives’ actress didn’t mince words as she attributed the high level of development in the Oyo State capital to the good governance of the present administration.

Speaking with a dint of reminiscence she said: “Ibadan is actually a city I am familiar with. I spent a whole year in Ibadan before. I did my housemanship in Ibadan at UCH [University of College Hospital, Ibadan] as a medical student. Back when I did my housemanship, there was almost nothing there. That was in 2007.” Now, Ibadan has changed. Ibadan has grown. It’s just so beautiful. There are now some many awesome sites and places. I think that’s one of the things you expect of a good government. I think the governor is doing a good job.

“It was nice shooting in Ibadan. We accomplished a lot because Ibadan is kind of quiet unlike Lagos. And moving around was not difficult. I think one of the aims of this movie is to show people that Ibadan isn’t as bad as before”.

The movie was shot mostly in Ibadan and reviews the intricacies of modern love and marriage through the lenses of three couples who decide to leave the hustle and bustle of Lagos for a much quiet vacation in Ibadan.

Kiki played Joke, a brash and materialistic wife of one of the triplet couples vacationing in Ibadan. The movie also starred multitalented singer, Falz the Bahd Guy, Lilian Esoro, Enyinna Nwigwe Adesua Etomi, Ademola Adedoyin among others.
Couple of Days was premiered in Ibadan on Thursdays and other cinemas houses across the country.

3 Likes

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by fistonati(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
In all aspects, Ibadan is bigger than Lagos state. For your information, Lagos state is the smallest states in landmass in Nigeria. Lagos has been overtaken by water, check your map of Google it.
Ibadan is the darling state of all states and it's real.
Omololu007:

1 Like

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by fistonati(m): 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
I represent the monumental brown roof.
The Rich, cool, accommodating, weather friendly, people friendly, road friendly, economic friendly, govt friendly, pocket frindly , quite friendly and business friendly city of Hill's and warlords, Ibadan.
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Flexherbal(m): 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
First of everything. Ok
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by fistonati(m): 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
Yabaleft is ur abode.
Pwayne2016:

Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by igwe123: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
I get am before na property??
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
macIB:

You people just generalize anyhow.

Who are these Lagosians?Who is a Lagosian?
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Pwayne2016(m): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
fistonati:
Yabaleft is ur abode.
Tonda Faya You
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by antispexish(m): 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
Omololu007:

dnt think you have ever been to ibadan!
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Omololu007(m): 7:14am On Feb 10, 2016
fistonati:
In all aspects, Ibadan is bigger than Lagos state. For your information, Lagos state is the smallest states in landmass in Nigeria. Lagos has been overtaken by water, check your map of Google it.
go and check the land mass of ibadan and lagos on wikipedia
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by fistonati(m): 9:10am On Mar 04, 2016
In terms of the landmass, excluding the water ways. Ibadan is well ahead of Lagos, u can go to Ibadan to confirm
fistonati:
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by babyfaceafrica: 9:38am On Mar 04, 2016
So this all you can say..kwontinue?
Re: OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts. by Shegman22(m): 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
So this all you can say..kwontinue?
hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Man Blast PHCN Staff 4 Demanding N10k Bribe 4rm Him 2 Reduce His Bill(Pics / Femi Fani Kayode's First Tweet After Release From Detention / H.E Atiku In Bauchi Today To Reconcile Both Emir Bauchi And Waziri Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.