Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! (24462 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / I Was Slapped By My Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 11, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
YEA WELL, I DO THAT TOO. JUST THE THOUGHT OF THE WICKED ACT
it's better you start looking for another school now before she repeat this rubbish
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by gemale(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2016
JuicyGee:
Op just take heart.. I remember years ago, after my uncle owed his cook several months salary, amounting to over 200k, he called him nd gave just 30k. The cook just accepted things and left. Today he's a cook in imo state government house with a better pay... The other day he was even chatting and making jokes with my uncle on my fb timeline.

Moral; If the cook didnt face disappointment, he probably wouldn't have searched for another job. Some disappointment in life are set to take you to another level.
Dt ur uncle na bastard. E no go beta 4 am. Im dey owe person money still get liver 2 dey follow am talk? Yet im go dey claim good xtian / Muslim. Im no Sabi say na hell fire dey wait cos no debtor fit enta heaven.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by JuicyGee(f): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2016
gemale:

Dt ur uncle na bastard. E no go beta 4 am. Im dey owe person money still get liver 2 dey follow am talk? Yet im go dey claim good xtian / Muslim. Im no Sabi say na hell fire dey wait cos no debtor fit enta heaven.
lolzx.. Na him nd God sabi.. That's why we should thank God that He's a merciful God
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by opeycl(f): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2016
still better than others that employers ve refused to pay anything @ll
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Kangol99(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2016
ok

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by jayriginal: 11:34am On Feb 11, 2016
Donald3d:
pls always have a signed agreement with whoever is employing you.

Whereas this is ideal, what does a desperate job seeker do if the employer tells him to take it or leave it?
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by madgoat(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2016
OP, just close eye and swallow it. When u get another job, dnt even send in resignation letter before u stop going to work for them. If d woman now calls to ask what happened, tell her u have a better job and u dont need her own. Shikena
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Spybradd: 11:35am On Feb 11, 2016
It aint easy even for prorietors,just make do and try fulfil all your obligations coming months so you dont come knocking on lalasticlala's dilapidated door next time,gat it?
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by veraiyke(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2016
Hmm write to her and go to the office that your money isn't complete. She has no right to remove your salary because that is what you were employed with. My school can't try that. The director don't do that.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by essien253(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2016
please my fellow nairaland I need help from you as I don't want to regreat latter, last year match, I got a job in a small bar, where the sells drinks, pure water, drying chickens and the also use that place as a viewing center. have been working there close to a year, sacrificing all my time working whole heartedly to please my boss so that he won't see me as a bad boy, all this while am with him I had a plan that I want to start a small business of own even if to sell groundnut I will do it. but I won't work for him again as I don't have time for his work an I told him last week that I Will quit this job that my brother say I should go learn hand work.note: ( I told him I want to go and learn handwork) so that he will allowed me to quit, but learning handwork was not in my plan. but my boss request to see my brother so that the can negotiate which type of work I should learn that he will follo assists me at the same time I may help him anytime I have chancr , the concluded everything wit my brother that I will start the work this month end, please ladies and gentle men , I don't know what to do now, I don't really motivated on learning handwork, I was just using it as excuse to leave my boss, I lost interest to work for him but because of this, am still forcing my self to please him so that he won't say am stubborn, I don't no if I should just ignore everything the will say and quit and go do the business I want to do, if I do will I ever regreat , because if i do regreat on my own the will mock me but I trust in God. please make una help me, this is very serious cos am still bother, I even call my boss this morning that I won't come work today so that I may have time to think about this . please help!
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Akerry(m): 11:36am On Feb 11, 2016
@HandsomeHITLER......... JSS1 - SS3 ENGLISH LANGUAGE @ dat amount is too small ....... better offer will come your way soon in Jesus name............ Taiye4christ, come and see dix
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by eromzee(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
NO I DIDNT. SUCH SMALL SCHOOLS HARDLY ISSUE IT
no matter hw small an organization will u have 2 ask 4 ur letter of employment is very necessary don't make dat mistake anywhere plz.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by flyca: 11:39am On Feb 11, 2016
My dear, I've had the same experience too. Some of these private school owners can be mean!

Mine was during my NYSC, I was doing PP in a private school at Airport Road, Benin City. She said that the whole December was Exam and Vacation. So no salary for me angry

I thanked her and left and went to speak to the son who was also a Corper with us. That one laughed and did nothing. I didn't go back there again. 2013.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2016
OP U OPEN MY EYES O..I THINK SAY ALL THIS SCHOOL TEACHER DEY COLLECT UP TO 25 SELF...MAKE I JUST FORGET MY PLAN FOR TEACHING CONCETRATE ON MY PLAN TO BUILD A SMALL ENTERPRISE

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Funpeter: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2016
My questions to the op is when did you resume? when was the salary paid? Did you complete one full month?
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Funpeter: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2016
essien253:
please my fellow nairaland I need help from you as I don't want to regreat latter, last year match, I got a job in a small bar, where the sells drinks, pure water, drying chickens and the also use that place as a viewing center. have been working there close to a year, sacrificing all my time working whole heartedly to please my boss so that he won't see me as a bad boy, all this while am with him I had a plan that I want to start a small business of own even if to sell groundnut I will do it. but I won't work for him again as I don't have time for his work an I told him last week that I Will quit this job that my brother say I should go learn hand work.note: ( I told him I want to go and learn handwork) so that he will allowed me to quit, but learning handwork was not in my plan. but my boss request to see my brother so that the can negotiate which type of work I should learn that he will follo assists me at the same time I may help him anytime I have chancr , the concluded everything wit my brother that I will start the work this month end, please ladies and gentle men , I don't know what to do now, I don't really motivated on learning handwork, I was just using it as excuse to leave my boss, I lost interest to work for him but because of this, am still forcing my self to please him so that he won't say am stubborn, I don't no if I should just ignore everything the will say and quit and go do the business I want to do, if I do will I ever regreat , because if i do regreat on my own the will mock me but I trust in God. please make una help me, this is very serious cos am still bother, I even call my boss this morning that I won't come work today so that I may have time to think about this . please help!
Go and learn hand work.....and if you have the capital then start a buiseness.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
I work at a small private school, started working there on the very first day of academic activities. I was promised N18,000 per month. only for the proprietor to tell me(on payday) that my cash is N7,500 short.. reason? that i was not present a week before resumption. Now can a mathematician help me do the math? is it fair? And she claims to be a pastor. Now there's so much ends I need to meet. too many necessities. after days of tedious work(teachers can you relate)? Now Im stranded here with frustration.. After paying up debts, Ive got only N120 left. on the very first day of payment

I believe she prorated your salary

You didnt start at the commencement of the month did you?

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Dyt(f): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
After paying up debts, Ive got only N120 left. on the very first day of payment

How do you survive the rest of the month?
Wow
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Jcob(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2016
Everybody is shouting it is not fair!

Oga why were you not present for a week?

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by tuna4servi(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2016
My brother ur case is small. I have worked for 3 weeks as a manager in a club house sunwhere around Isolo 3 years ago, during d process I was sick due to d nature of d job. I was doing overnight atleast 4 times in a week no shift, I was d only person doing d of two people. I begged and begged the woman she refused to pay d 3weeks I did. I left d place without payment or compensation.so bro just take heart God is in control, now I work in a bank
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by arusoncd(m): 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
Find way and rub them back. do one or two things that will them 8000 naira and leave. like pouring water on computer or breaking the toilet flush or leaking the refrigerator gas, infact anything of that range.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
Calculation

4 weeks = N18,000
3 weeks = Nx

Nx = (3 weeks x N18,000) ÷ 4 weeks
Nx = N13,500

You salary for 3 weeks is N13,500

This means your N18,000 "normal" is supposed to be short by N4,500 and NOT N7,500.

Go and show her this calculation and try to prove your case instead of looking for pity on Nairaland.

HandsomeHITLER:
I work at a small private school, started working there on the very first day of academic activities. I was promised N18,000 per month. only for the proprietor to tell me(on payday) that my cash is N7,500 short.. reason? that i was not present a week before resumption. Now can a mathematician help me do the math? is it fair? And she claims to be a pastor. Now there's so much ends I need to meet. too many necessities. after days of tedious work(teachers can you relate)? Now Im stranded here with frustration.. After paying up debts, Ive got only N120 left. on the very first day of payment

5 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by olumaxi(m): 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
Naso one private school owner paid his teachers 3-weeks salary for d month of january
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Sanchase: 12:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
Show ur employer u are the HandsomeHitler lol.
Seems you just made up this story wink
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Frankaka8:
firstly, did u collect employment letter from her, with the pay details boldly typed in it? Hence that can be ur proof to sue her or get backups to collect ur balance. This is the height of wickedness! Afterwards, pls try other job vacancies. She ain't worth the fuss!
One word for that employer- biatch
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by labbyboi(m): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Khd95:
My brother,just hold on,nd be strong,it wont last long,while u covertly look for anoda jobwink
. I don't mean to be funny o. I'd thought you actually wanted to sing 'Hold on' by Joel Ft. 2face.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Khd95(m): 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
labbyboi:
. I don't mean to be funny o. I'd thought you actually wanted to sing 'Hold on' by Joel Ft. 2face.
ure right sirgrin

na my consolation song be that cool
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by justmenoni: 12:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
Well my contribution might not go well with you but I still have to add my own input..

According to your boss you started working from the second week of the month(even if that's the resumption date)... We have 4 weeks in a month so 18,000/4= 4500 and you worked for 3 weeks so you are entitled to 13,500(4500/week).. It would be proper to ask your employer about this but why not wait till the next salary and see if you will be payed in full and according to you with the 10,500 you were able to sort some debts...one thing I hate about debt is that if you avoid it now it will keep adding up,imagine not continuing with this job..how are you going to cope??

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Abukc(m): 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
That her orgAnisation will soon colapse,while you will employ her in your own company
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Jhayeahsam01(m): 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
it pains me for you...

would have requested for your bank details buh mee too need good job moreso ama family man with kid
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Jhayeahsam01(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

FEDERAL, STATE, PRIVATE OR NGOS; This is good news for you.

Do you have a vacant position in ur office,organizstion or firm?

Do you need competent graduate with satisfying grade in btech degree that's God fearing?

Do you need smart and someone that can carryout duties/responsibilities with zero errors and effectiveness?

What are you waiting for, this is good news for you.

Don't hesitate to call my numbers 
: 08068724558 or 08033106047
Email; jhayeahsam01@gmail.com

Remember; call unto me and I will answer thee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Military Officer Distinguished Himself In Australia / NIMC staff: Perfect example of "Corporate Beggars?" / Some Social Rules That May Help You Look Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.