Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! (24422 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / I Was Slapped By My Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
When did u start work officially?

U can't expect your employer to pay you full months salary, when u didn't start from 1st. All the days you didn't work, will be deducted. Its normal

I started on the 10th, and I wasn't paid my full salary. They deducted 10 days from it.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by anigold(m): 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
One ,this your username is scary ooo.
Two,if you did not collect employment letter then you are like a ghost staff.
Three, just endure n keep scouting for other jobs.
Four, you can do private lessons but dont sleep with the students.
HandsomeHITLER:
NO I DIDNT. SUCH SMALL SCHOOLS HARDLY ISSUE IT
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by anigold(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
Well thats a hell of a load, i tried that during my service year it was not funny.
And these little 15 year old girls were offering free ikpoki and i was shocked. I just avoided these little gals until i left.
I no wan wahala
HandsomeHITLER:
I TEACH JS1-SS3 ENGLISH FOR THAT MATTER

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by onaija62: 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
I work at a small private school, started working there on the very first day of academic activities. I was promised N18,000 per month. only for the proprietor to tell me(on payday) that my cash is N7,500 short.. reason? that i was not present a week before resumption. Now can a mathematician help me do the math? is it fair? And she claims to be a pastor. Now there's so much ends I need to meet. too many necessities. after days of tedious work(teachers can you relate)? Now Im stranded here with frustration.. After paying up debts, Ive got only N120 left. on the very first day of payment
Tell us the day you resumed. Didnyou resume on january 4 or 11? The truth is your salry begins to count from the day you resume duty. If you resume on tne 4th, and you are on a salary of 18000, you salary is 18000 divided by 30 multiplied by 27 (16,200). On the other hand if you resumed on the 11th, it is 18000 divided by 30 multiplied by 20 (12,000). You do not get paid for the days you did not work. Some employers may not be that fastidious but some are. The alternative would have been to make you resumption date your pay day. So your employer may not have robbed you after all.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by darlingnuel(m): 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
lol... That's the tradition almost everywhere. But them carry you finish work as you be JJC
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by labbyboi(m): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
Khd95:
ure right sirgrin

na my consolation song be that cool
. Apparently! Hence the line you borrowed
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Taiye4Christ(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
Akerry:
@HandsomeHITLER......... JSS1 - SS3 ENGLISH LANGUAGE @ dat amount is too small ....... better offer will come your way soon in Jesus name............ Taiye4christ, come and see dix

Lolll.... Na so we dey see am
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Gkemz: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
I work at a small private school, started working there on the very first day of academic activities. I was promised N18,000 per month. only for the proprietor to tell me(on payday) that my cash is N7,500 short.. reason? that i was not present a week before resumption. Now can a mathematician help me do the math? is it fair? And she claims to be a pastor. Now there's so much ends I need to meet. too many necessities. after days of tedious work(teachers can you relate)? Now Im stranded here with frustration.. After paying up debts, Ive got only N120 left. on the very first day of payment

This job is not good for you. Resign and invest your productive years on something else more meaningful instead of enslaving yourself. A common petty trader even earns more than you.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nigeriatraining: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
JOB OPPORTUNITY

NTN Associates is in need of instructors in IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT and GRE.
Preferred candidates must reside in Lagos.

Graduate of English language will be preferred for IELTS and TOEFL
Graduate of Mathematics, sciences or Statistics will be preferred for gre and gmat

Years of experience in training of the above graduate exams will be an added advantage.

Kindly forward resume to training@nigeriatrainingcourses.com or nigeriatrainingcourses2@gmail.com or nigeriatrainingcourses2@gmail.com

Application closes on 24th of February, 2016.
www.nigeriatrainingcourses.com
www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Yomieluv:
Y[b]ou should have voiced out instatntly there,else she will be taking you for a ride for long.
[/b]

And try as much as possible to avoid any business dealing to people who claim "saint" ie-pastor,imam,etc.

They are the worst set of people to deal with.
...there you have it, op. This fellow is gonna do it again sad. That's how employers who can't let go of their employees salary operate angry. I know one grin cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Donald3d(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
jayriginal:

Whereas this is ideal, what does a desperate job seeker do if the employer tells him to take it or leave it?
you are right anyway!
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by ifeomaekol(f): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
JuicyGee:
Op just take heart.. I remember years ago, after my uncle owed his cook several months salary, amounting to over 200k, he called him nd gave just 30k. The cook just accepted things and left. Today he's a cook in imo state government house with a better pay... The other day he was even chatting and making jokes with my uncle on my fb timeline.

Moral; If the cook didnt face disappointment, he probably wouldn't have searched for another job. Some disappointment in life are set to take you to another level.
I dnt think ur comment was for d op bt for me-------thnx.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by JuicyGee(f): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
ifeomaekol:
I dnt think ur comment was for d op bt for me-------thnx.
U're welcome.. Glad to help.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by boyesola: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
I handled same issue with my sister-inlaw last week, who got a job in a school.
understand this, you are not their staff before resumption,you can't start counting your salary from there because salary is based on month not event. you should only concern on the date you are enlisted as a staff in that school, your salary starts counting from there, if there is any holiday/resumption from now on you are then co-benefit of it.

3 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nicepoker(m): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
blame buhari.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by mapet: 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
@OP,

1. Salaries are paid on pro-rata basis.
2. You most likely were not cheated
3. Have you factored tax deductibles?

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by donbabajeff(m): 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
Slave Drivers,what Nonsense.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Adonis3: 5:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
queendoreez:
Op, try using www.Tuteria.com

I use it plus I also write online for blogs and I sell clothes and shoes on online malls. No dulling. I'd rather be self employed and freelance than suffer stress from paid employment.

mind guiding me how you go about the selling online ish
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by ramselly(m): 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:

HELLO BROTHERLY, PLEASE KINDLY FORWARD YOUR ACCT DETAILS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by HandsomeHITLER(m): 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
ramselly:

HELLO BROTHERLY, PLEASE KINDLY FORWARD YOUR ACCT DETAILS.
ACCOUNT DETAILS: FIDELITY BANK: 6170257359 DANJUMA ISAAC. MY PHONE NUMBER: 08036009384. IF YOU ARE SINCERELY HONEST, I'D BE GRATEFUL ALWAYS SIR. GOD BLESS U IN ADVANCE.. WOW. IM SPEECHLESS

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by queendoreez(f): 1:23am On Feb 12, 2016
Adonis3:

mind guiding me how you go about the selling online ish

Sure. I already replied the mail you sent to me.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by bigtt76(f): 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
Point is OP shouldn't feel too comfortable where he is currently which would have been the case had there been no trouble.

jamanuka:

And your point is?
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Funjosh(m): 6:46am On Feb 13, 2016
JuicyGee:
Op just take heart.. I remember years ago, after my uncle owed his cook several months salary, amounting to over 200k, he called him nd gave just 30k. The cook just accepted things and left. Today he's a cook in imo state government house with a better pay... The other day he was even chatting and making jokes with my uncle on my fb timeline.

Moral; If the cook didnt face disappointment, he probably wouldn't have searched for another job. Some disappointment in life are set to take you to another level.

Your uncle is very wicked sha haba!
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by dmexy33: 7:30am On Feb 13, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:

i am an intelligence analyst with dmi. but my mother owns a school and the last time i visted her school i remember that they deduct 1k for every school day missed and bro, you missed week . when i was still in university, i pitied the teachers cos de where all bsc holders and msc. but on the other hand the teacher are de cause of their problems, cz they can be very wicked and selfish, they lack humility. they forget thatctheir salaries come from student school fees and most of dem hate their emoployer, they dont care about the progress of the school. back then, if mumsy no de there, them go de do things anyhow, some shameless teachers go de toast students. if u dont put tough policies in place things will go jagajaga.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 13, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
plz dear next time you re doing anytin bizness nor work wit a pastor,Rev,prophet of any kind or Rev father shine ur eyes double more than hw u shine wit ordinary person.am sayin this because am once a v-tim.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by abvictory: 8:41am On Feb 13, 2016
Sorry bro, I had a similar experience back then in 2014, in my case, I was teaching with them closely to a year, meanwhile, I wasn't given appointment letter. I was doing it because it's a stone throw from my house. I requested for permission to travel for 3 days which was granted and I was to go collect appointment letter with one of the new Universities, when I return, I had to do revision, give marking schemes to the exam questions and all sorts of that. I intentionally went and show my appointment letter to the Rev in charge of the circuit and the school because of a deliberation we had about not waiting for a good job before getting married. When he saw the letter, it was visible to even the blind that he is not happy, and this was the man that will come to my house and wake me up in the morning to help him do some typing work for the church without giving me anything until I got to know that the church even budget 12k every month for typing. To cut the story short, when the pv was made with my name included, this man insulted the head teacher, refused paying them through out that week. So he ate my own salary for that month. Funny enough, he was asking me what I brought for him when I returned for Christmas thinking I didn't know about what happened. I pray that God bless just like in my case
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by tempem: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2016
MULLAH123:
Imagine and English for that matter, better look for alternative. You can be freelance writer only if you want!!!
freelance writer? more light, please. I'll Google it too... will be waiting for your explanations
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 13, 2016
tempem:
freelance writer? more light, please. I'll Google it too... will be waiting for your explanations
Google 'fiverr' and 'freelancer.com'
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by asalimpo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
abvictory:
Sorry bro, I had a similar experience back then in 2014, in my case, I was teaching with them closely to a year, meanwhile, I wasn't given appointment letter. I was doing it because it's a stone throw from my house. I requested for permission to travel for 3 days which was granted and I was to go collect appointment letter with one of the new Universities, when I return, I had to do revision, give marking schemes to the exam questions and all sorts of that. I intentionally went and show my appointment letter to the Rev in charge of the circuit and the school because of a deliberation we had about not waiting for a good job before getting married. When he saw the letter, it was visible to even the blind that he is not happy, and this was the man that will come to my house and wake me up in the morning to help him do some typing work for the church without giving me anything until I got to know that the church even budget 12k every month for typing. To cut the story short, when the pv was made with my name included, this man insulted the head teacher, refused paying them through out that week. So he ate my own salary for that month. Funny enough, he was asking me what I brought for him when I returned for Christmas thinking I didn't know about what happened. I pray that God bless just like in my case
my! People can b so wicked.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by jamanuka: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
bigtt76:
Point is OP shouldn't feel too comfortable where he is currently which would have been the case had there been no trouble.

I can't remember asking you
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by bigtt76(f): 12:55am On Feb 14, 2016
shocked

jamanuka:

I can't remember asking you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Bars Banks From Sacking More Than 5 Staff Without Approval / Another Nigerian Military Officer Distinguished Himself In Australia / NIMC staff: Perfect example of "Corporate Beggars?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.