Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? (1508 Views)

"My Dad Is A Pastor!" - Lady Begs Guy Threatening To Leak Her Nudes For 15k(Pic) / Should I Accept Facebook Friend Request From My Girlfriend's Dad? / How My Friend Was Butchered By His Girlfriend's Dad (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by WebSurfer(m): 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
Good day Nlanders,

I am a guy in my mid-twenties , Been dating my girlfriend for almost a year , as time passed by, myself , her two brothers and the mother got close in one way or the other..
Yesterday, she called on phone saying her dad requested for my number of which she did send to him,
Not quite long , he called.
The conversation was short but asked me to see him today at a hotel closed by to their home, . i kept wondering the reason behind that. but could not be sure of what exactly as he suggested it should not at his home.

Today, I dressed like a gentle man going for an interview. Getting to the hotel, i waited for about 30-40 minutes inside my car before he came finally, called me to meet him at the Hotel Bar. i was confident and comfortable but wondering what he might be thinking seeing i'm on dreadlocks..

He asked what i'll take but i told him not to worry about it as i do not take Beer (i later found that awkward anyway, as i was supposed to think about it in the first place).

Asked questing about me, where my parents came from and all that, adding that he is originally from my tribe but their family moved to another place where they all grew up. few minutes later, he said i should see him later in the day during 7-8 PM adding that we have some things to talk about, i had to tell him i do not really move out around late hours so he suggested again tomorrow morning.

Now, my thought exactly is , what is he trying to do, or say, has anyone experienced something similar before?
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by popesam1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
Maybe he want to kill u

4 Likes

Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by ikubch(m): 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
WebSurfer:
Good day Nlanders,

I am a guy in my mid-twenties , Been dating my girlfriend for almost a year , as time passed by, myself , her two brothers and the mother got close in one way or the other..
Yesterday, she called on phone saying her dad requested for my number of which she did send to him,
Not quite long , he called.
The conversation was short but asked me to see him today at a hotel closed by to their home, . i kept wondering the reason behind that. but could not be sure of what exactly as he suggested it should not at his home.

Today, I dressed like a gentle man going for an interview. Getting to the hotel, i waited for about 30-40 minutes inside my car before he came finally, called me to meet him at the Hotel Bar. i was confident and comfortable but wondering what he might be thinking seeing i'm on dreadlocks..

He asked what i'll take but i told him not to worry about it as i do not take Beer (i later found that awkward anyway, as i was supposed to think about it in the first place).

Asked questing about me, where my parents came from and all that, adding that he is originally from my tribe but their family moved to another place where they all grew up. few minutes later, he said i should see him later in the day during 7-8 PM adding that we have some things to talk about, i had to tell him i do not really move out around late hours so he suggested again tomorrow morning.

Now, my thought exactly is , what is he trying to do, or say, has anyone experienced something similar before?
You just had an interview
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by jmichlins(m): 9:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
why not wait till tomorrow to see what he has up his sleeves
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by WebSurfer(m): 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
ikubch:
You just had an interview
I concur,
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
*ma relax here* cool
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by adonismuller(m): 10:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
He is testing your patients.....
Also trying to know if you drink and keep late night!

Btw,why the dreads? Are you a footballer or a musician?
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
He wants to beg you to leave his daughter alone for good.

How can we know what he's thinking? Are we the holy spirit? Iranu angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by vault(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
my mom being a complete extrovert and full of life did the same with my girlfriend and she sincerely had fun with my mom.....its notin grin
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by AfricanApple(f): 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
see you o, you have started thinking bad things, may god help some people and their thinking faculty
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
adonismuller:
He is testing your patients.....

Also trying to know if you drink and keep late night!

Btw,why the dreads? Are you a footballer or a musician?

i thought about the patience part too,
Well, for the dreadlocks, im not a footballer or musician, just something i like.
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by officialteemi(m): 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
its a GREEN LIGHT...he's jst checkin if ur paper are complete...fear not
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
officialteemi:
its a GREEN LIGHT...he's jst checkin if ur paper are complete...fear not
i hope so bro
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by ozy4christ(f): 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
he wants to kw if u a the hit and run type, so he is trying to protect his daughter
finally if u are not serious with his daughter better divert now.
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by SurefireAsoOke: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
If I was watchin a story lik this in Nollywood, I'll think he's one way or the other related to u or ur family. Bt let's wait and see.

Followin

Keep us posted.............
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by Tallesty1(m): 11:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
People sha.
1. You have dated his daughter for about one year.
2. You have heard alot about him from his daughter.
3. You're close to his wife and other children.
4. You have met him in person and yet you do not know what he's up to.
But you expect us who do not know any of these to tell you what he's up?
Do we appear like witches on broomsticks before you?
Goan meet TB Joshua if you want to know the future.

3 Likes

Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by WebSurfer(m): 12:52am On Feb 11, 2016
Tallesty1:
People sha.

i never met him before, not even a picture, today was the first.

And no, i dont expect you to be a witch, i only asked to see if anyone has a similar encounter and how it went.. thank you
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by colebrent: 1:42am On Feb 11, 2016
Tallesty1:
People sha.

Abeg tell am ooo, U don over happy now say her dad don finally accept U, then u con dey brag for here, tell me u don't know where that man is driving to already? mr dread...
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by WebSurfer(m): 8:13am On Feb 11, 2016
colebrent:

Abeg tell am ooo, U don over happy now say her dad don finally accept U, then u con dey brag for here, tell me u don't know where that man is driving to already? mr dread...
Mr. Why are you negative or trying to derail a simple thread created? I'm not the reason your honda accord is having cracks.. You can as well just sell it than asking Nairalanders like there are mechanics here. Thank you
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by ashjay001(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2016
My 2kobo: if u'r not ready for marriage, retrace ur steps. U'r goin in deeeeeeeeep!
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by kellz0(m): 9:04am On Feb 11, 2016
social media has turn this world upside down
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by colebrent: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2016
WebSurfer:
Mr. Why are you negative or trying to derail a simple thread created? I'm not the reason your honda accord is having cracks.. You can as well just sell it than asking Nairalanders like there are mechanics here. Thank you

lol, ur thread here is very different, it serves U right that U got nasty answers and that is what ppl like u should get on NL, so U should know u can't just put anyhow thread here, where I seek for advice about my car did u see any nasty comment? That shows U I only put something important here on NL and afterall NLs didn't solve d case for me I widen my search and I know the cause of the crack and it's is back to it normal condition, U see me put thread say my girlfriend mother carry me go shopping and ask me if I like her daughter for real or want her for just Hmm hmmm... What I was trying to tell u is that there are things a Normal sharp guy should know without asking the world, U already know that man wants to know u more since U are into her daughter, very simple... Well we smart pass each other lipsrsealed thank U
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by cold(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2016
popesam1:
Maybe he want to kill u
Lol
Re: Does Any One Understand What My Girlfriend's Dad Is Up To ? by popesam1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
cold:
Lol
angry
cold:
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Men Cheat On There Wife? / How Long Is It "Normal" To Court A Girl / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.