Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' (25095 Views)

N398m Votes For Computers In 2016 Budget Is Strange To Me – Lai Mohammed . / Lai Mohammed, Disowns Information Ministry’s N398m Votes For Computers / Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by obailala(m): 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
The fact remains that Nigeria is a very corrupt nation filled with criminals in high and low places. As the president struggles to block leaking holes, more holes will be punctured in other areas and that is exactly what we are witnessing today. Buhari needs to cut his silly everyday foreign trips, sit his old ass down with every single person involved and thoroughly scrutinize this embarrassment of a budget because if care is not taken, the same thing that happened to GEJ would soon happen to Buhari. The only hope and faith I have though is that as soon as these illegalities are discovered, I have a believe something will be done about it unlike in the past when discoveries like these are usually covered-up and passionately defended by the president himself and his cronies.

Amazingly, for the fear of repercussions, people in power are already coming out in droves to deny and denounce the sleaze. I do not need a soothsayer to tell me that more illegalities will be discovered, but eventually, I believe these leaking holes (that have always been a traditional part of Nigerian budgets) will be plugged. Sweeping corruption out can only be a gradual process but at least we now have a president who is interested in going down that dreary road; whether he will succeed or not is a question only the gods can answer.

Meanwhile I can see all these Jonathanian wailers having a filled day trying to prove that someone else can be as corruptly useless as their lord and saviour GEJ, but then, they only chase after the wind.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Kudos, I appreciate your maturity.
Now when was the FOI bill signed?

This is not a case of Buhari or GEJ. This is a case for us to appreciate our sensitization of how corrupt our government establishments are.

We are still matching and this cry against Buhari's government thrills me because before it seemed like nothing.

One part of the budget that annoys me is the exploration of Crude in the North. In this period when we have scarce resources, why spend so much money on something that we are not sure would yield Dividends.

Crude is low, sales have dropped. Iran is coming into the market with loads of Oil, signifying more drop in crude prices in future and less marker to sell.

We need more investments in Refineries, Agricultural, industrial and technological revolutions than drilling north.

I am not taking a swipe at the past government but I am acknowledging that now, things like these can not pass without an outcry.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by CHEEEWOk: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lai Mohammed was the first person to attack those patriotic citizens that criticised the budget for corruption. Why is he denying the figures now?
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
obailala:
The fact remains that Nigeria is a very corrupt nation filled with criminals in high and low places. As the president struggles to block leaking holes, more holes will be punctured in other areas and that is exactly what we are witnessing today. Buhari needs to cut his silly everyday foreign trips, sit his old ass down with every single person involved and thoroughly scrutinize this embarrassment of a budget because if care is not taken, the same thing that happened to GEJ would soon happen to Buhari. The only hope and faith I have though is that as soon as these illegalities are discovered, I have a believe something will be done about it unlike in the past when discoveries like these are usually covered-up and passionately defended by the president himself and his cronies.

Amazingly, for the fear of repercussions, people in power are already coming out in droves to deny and denounce the sleaze. I do not need a soothsayer to tell me that more illegalities will be discovered, but eventually, I believe these leaking holes (that have always been a traditional part of Nigerian budgets) will be plugged. Sweeping corruption out can only be a gradual process but at least we now have a president who is interested in going down that dreary road; whether he will succeed or not is a question only the gods can answer.

Meanwhile I can see all these Jonathanian wailers having a filled day trying to prove that someone else can be as corruptly useless as their lord and saviour GEJ, but then, they only chase after the wind.

I agree with you that we are witnessing the blockage of another leakage of our scarce resources. Do these men know Nigeria has to carter for over 170 million people?

I hope this is the last time of budget fraud.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Cekpo34(m): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:
The president should immediately sack the DG budget office and the minister of Budget and national planning. They have both failed the president. The massive fraud in the budget was perpetrated in the budget office and the leadership should be made to pay for it.

Going forward, the president needs to appoint a very knowledgeable and trusted management or public accountant as his special assistant on budget. The SA budget and his team will help the president review the budget before it is presented to FEC for approval. If due diligence was carried out on this budget after it was compiled by the budget office, all this paddling, inflation and errors would have been detected and the president would have been spared of this national embarrassment.

He can't sack anyone. It appears he is a privy to this whole movie. Firstly, Ita Enang should have been sacked for replacing the original budget with a fake one but PMB exonerated himself yet, he wrote the Senate to withdraw the fake budget while Ita Enang remains his adviser. Don't be surprised my brother, these people know about this whole drama.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Kposkila: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lordave:
So after 5 months of intensive deliberations on which saints to appoint, this is what PMD can come up with?
Can any zombie give me one reason I should give my full support to this corruption riddled government fighting corrupt individuals?

Our corrupt president, PMD, is a Criminal.

I would rather submit that the transparent nature of this Govt is exposing a lot of loop holes dat h been existing in our system. Imagine how these budget rats have been swaping n eating our collective wealth as a nation!

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by obailala(m): 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you that we are witnessing the blockage of another leakage of our scarce resources. Do these men know Nigeria has to carter for over 170 million people?

I hope this is the last time of budget fraud.
As the saying goes, "breeze don blow fowl ass open." I can only imagine what has been scaling through in all other past budgets we've been having in this country. This is definitely a new beginning, thanks to social media and thanks to (some of) the angry wailers. Like I always said before the election, having a party like the PDP in the opposition would be in the best interest of Nigeria and Nigerians. The criminal hawks we have in the APC would continually have their wings clipped.

That being said, only God knows why Buhari and his vice hasn't spoken or done a thing about this trending embarrassment. I have no doubts in my mind however that following this expose, something drastic in the form of a surgical review would be done on this budget. But Buhari needs to sit up and realise that we're no longer in 1980's were there were only a few identifiable loopholes; if he continues in this way, I'm afraid he may just be messed up really badly by those around him even worse than it happened to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by onatisi(m): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
Excellentmind:
I'm not surprised at this national embarrassment in the form of budget of corruption being debated upon at the national assembly.

A country where a professor of law is the head of economic management team in the midst of renowned economists and financial experts.

What else would one expect?
There is going to be a lot of problems and dirty power tussle within the government circle which will further worsen the Nigeria situation.
As it is now,there are 3 factions within apc . Atiku,tinubu and buhari (cpc) factions,ministerial posts was shared among these factions and others too. Now the problem is which faction was responsible for the incredible outrageous figures in the budget? This budget has exposed buhari as not having the knowledge of anything going on in government,because if all those criminal amounts are removed,there is no way the budget figures will reach 6trillion. The question now is ,how come the president never queried the 6trillion naira figure? Ppl must remember that this figure is what actually necessitated the 2 trillion naira proposed borrowing. How come 5 million naira was changed to 300million naira in the information ministry budget The president has been completely embarrassed,discredited and exposed as been absolutely inefficient and incapable for this some ppl must take the fall. The question now is from which group or faction will the scapegoats be taken. This is where the whole problem will start. Now buhari knows he can't trust osinbajo anymore

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Justiyke4u:
Everybody is now denying the budget

No mind dem. Na me change d budget.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Sammyashol(m): 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Are you aware that I am totally against the budget as a whole. I believe it is riddled in corruption and I am not defending the budget in any way.

I am not only for the cancelling of the budget but I want a full probe and massive arrest in this.

I especially want the neck of Udo Udoma.

So what does your question have to do with my stance?

Any true supporter of the war against Corruption will not stand for the clear case of planned looting on this budget. I am happy we are in a period such a thing would not pass unlike before were people turned a blind eye to things like this.
Now i concur. I tought u are one of them before

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by arresa: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
This budget fiasco is the best thing ever, it's a great thing and serious eye opener and I'm so happy that this is going on for Nigerians to see.

This is how they've been damaging and looting this country dead.

Why are we surprised anyways? They've been budgeting for all kinds of senseless and absurd nonsense for years, we remember how our foreign embassies budgeted hundreds of million for fuel, generators and generator maintenance in countries where they have stable electricity and how they budgeted for boats ad railway maintenance in landlocked countries like Mali?

Fact is, the political heads and the civilians in our ministries and agencies have been colluding to loot us dry, but we are witnessing this fiasco today because change is here to stay and the civilians have to know that war against corruption is not limited to the politicians.

This shows how deep corruption have seeped into our forms and DNA from top to bottom. As Nigerians, we have a lot of soul searching to do, PMB can only try, but the rest of the country have to play their part.

There millions of #Dasuki and #Dasukigate everywhere in Nigeria

This is a great opportunity for us to clean up from top to bottom and the way I see it, this is a win win and a great thing for PMB and his anti corruption efforts.

Our 16 years dead, corrupt, comatose and grossly hypocritical NASS who have for 16 years looked the other way, colluded and passed the same disastrous budgets are know at least pretending to be doing something on behalf of Nigerians.

PMB should not take this lying down because this is a serious assault on his credibility and reputation, this is a great opportunity for him to crack down even harder, a move many Nigerians are ready to support.

The folks responsible for the budget fiasco from the budget office to the civil service must fired and the ones in the the civil service must also be fired. They just fall his hand.

@ The Nigerian Senate, shame on you, you passed the same looting and shameful budgets for 16 long years..

#ImwithBuhariAllTheWay..
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by bashydemy(m): 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
suxkill:
Apc is a scam!

The government of the scammers,for the scammers and by the scammers.
You are spotted mr wailer, If by tommorow now those behind all this are arrest and denial bail, you will be among the set of people that will be blaming the President.. Now tell won't it be better to kill those behind all this without trial for bringing shame to this country?
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Ephemmm: 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:
[s]The president should immediately sack the DG budget office and the minister of Budget and national planning. They have both failed the president. The massive fraud in the budget was perpetrated in the budget office and the leadership should be made to pay for it.

Going forward, the president needs to appoint a very knowledgeable and trusted management or public accountant as his special assistant on budget. The SA budget and his team will help the president review the budget before it is presented to FEC for approval. If due diligence was carried out on this budget after it was compiled by the budget office, all this paddling, inflation and errors would have been detected and the president would have been spared of this national embarrassment.[/s]

One of the legacies PDP left behind: PMB need to change the status quo of those who handled it throughout 16 years of PDP at the helm of affairs if he want to succeed.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by tuke: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:

You are very ignorant of the process involved in the preparation of the national budget. The budget office and the ministry of budget and national planning are both responsible for the final compilation and not the finance ministry. All the paddling and figure inflation took place at the budget office. If anybody is to be sacked for this national embarrassment, it should be the DG budget office and the Minister of Budget and National planning.
Must we always come out to make excuses/or try to explain failure sentimentally. Every ministry is quoted in the budget, the spending is done in the MDAs', so who would have doctored the paper and why?
You come for a budget defence and you don't have a draft handy to submit?pls explain/excuse this too.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Paperwhite(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nobody can ever beat this chronic liar to his game.Even Satan must be envious of Lai now.Every aspect of our national life is screwed.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by tuke: 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:
The president should immediately sack the DG budget office and the minister of Budget and national planning. They have both failed the president. The massive fraud in the budget was perpetrated in the budget office and the leadership should be made to pay for it.

Going forward, the president needs to appoint a very knowledgeable and trusted management or public accountant as his special assistant on budget. The SA budget and his team will help the president review the budget before it is presented to FEC for approval. If due diligence was carried out on this budget after it was compiled by the budget office, all this paddling, inflation and errors would have been detected and the president would have been spared of this national embarrassment.
Now the blame game: who really is to blame? My dear minister comes to defend a budget he knows nothing about without his draft. Who prepares the budget? Who collates? Whoever the General Manager of this enterprise called Nigeria, needs to give some administrative explanations.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by pedrilo: 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
dis JONATHAN is very corrupt walahi! why did he prepare dis kind of substandard budget of corruption for lai mohammed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by AbleGodAlways: 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Craze dey worry all of una for this government .
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by ifyan(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:

I suggest that the President should sack himself, Ministers and his party.

Right. Hypocrite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by ifyan(m): 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
OfoIgbo:
This budget is showing the acute incompetence of Kemi Adeosun, the Ngozi Iweala wannabe of the mumu's administration.

Before a budget is presented to the national assembly, one would expect that there would have been a federal executive meeting, in which the figures of the draft budget are verified and I am pretty sure this took place.

What we are witnessing is a grand scheme by Kemi, Osibanjo and Buhari to defraud the nation.

Kemi Adeosun et al must be made to face the music, if not in this gogernment, then in a saner government

Was she fit for the task or just as a sitter.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by adconline(m): 3:54am On Feb 12, 2016
This clearly shows that GMB hired clueless folks to prepare the budget and didn't have an auditing team to vet the budget.. He's not hand-on in regard to his biggest policy agenda- budget!
More tellingly, his appointed ministers didn't read and vet the budget... This is an indictment on the type of people has appointed into positions of leadership... Knee-jerk reactionary sycophants!!
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 12, 2016
seunmsg:

You are very ignorant of the process involved in the preparation of the national budget. The budget office and the ministry of budget and national planning are both responsible for the final compilation and not the finance ministry. All the paddling and figure inflation took place at the budget office. If anybody is to be sacked for this national embarrassment, it should be the DG budget office and the Minister of Budget and National planning.

You must be kidding. So do you think the money is paid to the budget office first and then they now remove what they added?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Distributes Tubers Of Yams To Ekiti State Residents / El Rufai, Lai Mohammed And Aregbesola At Jumat Service (Pictures) / You Should Be Ready To Live With The Consequences Of Muslim-Muslim Ticket - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.