Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Contradictions In The Quran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contradictions In The Quran (1545 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 12:29am On Jul 06, 2009
Numerical contradictions

There are many numerical contradictions in the Quran. Can God make so much error in doing simple calculations?

How many days did it take to create Heavens and Earth ?

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that God created the heaven and Allah created the heaven and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below stated-

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 12:31am On Jul 06, 2009
Is Religion Compulsive Or Is It Not?

Quran 02: 256 There is no Compulsion in religion

OR

Quran 9: 29 Fight those who do not profess the true faith(Islam) till they pay the polltax (jiziya) with the hand of humility.

Quran 9: 5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolators wherever ye find them and take them captive, and besiege them and prepare for them each ambush

Quran 47: 4 When you meet the unbelievers in the Jihad strike off their heads

Quran 2: 191 And slay (kill) them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

Quran 8: 65 O Apostle ! rouse the believers to the fight of unbelievers.

Very often apologetics claim that, Islam is a religion of peace and there is no compulsion. Yet punishment of an apostate in Islam is, of course, death penalty.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 12:34am On Jul 06, 2009
Why Allah Created Stars!  grin grin grin

Quran gives us further scientific knowledge by telling us that the stars were created by Allah as missiles to throw at the devils:

Quran 67: 5 And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with lamps, and We have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans

Quran 37: 6-8  We have indeed decorated the lower heaven (sky) with beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.

Thus, the stars are nothing but missiles to throw at devils so that they may not eavesdrop on the heavenly council. Once again we find how Allah was high on his superstitious weirdness.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 12:39am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

Why Allah Created Stars!  grin grin grin

Quran gives us further scientific knowledge by telling us that the stars were created by Allah as missiles to throw at the devils:

Quran 67: 5 And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with lamps, and We have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans

Quran 37: 6-8  We have indeed decorated the lower heaven (sky) with beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.

Thus, the stars are nothing but missiles to throw at devils so that they may not eavesdrop on the heavenly council. Once again we find how Allah was high on his superstitious weirdness.

Does your own bible not talk about stars in the sky fighting along side the children of Israel? Whats the difference between the koranic claim and that of the bible?

1 Like

Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 12:42am On Jul 06, 2009
What are you talking about? Is there anywhere in the Bible that says stars were created for the purpose of fighting for the Isrealites?

It's night. Are you sure you're not sleepy? grin
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by Okijajuju1(m): 12:46am On Jul 06, 2009
toneyb:

Does your own bible not talk about stars in the sky fighting along side the children of Israel? Whats the difference between the koranic claim and that of the bible?

You are not gonna give christians a break with this falling star stuff abi!! Sounds like something from the "Chicken little" movie.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 12:47am On Jul 06, 2009
Let me show you the difference

Genesis 1:16:

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Psalms 136:7-9:

To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever: The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever: The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

What other evidence do you need to show that the Bible makes more sense than the hocus-pocus in the quran?
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 12:51am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

What are you talking about? Is there anywhere in the Bible that says stars were created for the purpose of fighting for the Isrealites?

It's night. Are you sure you're not sleepy? grin

The is no where it is written that stars were created for the purpose of fighting for the ancient jews, but they wrote that the stars in the sky fought along side them which is an equally outlandish claim tantamount to that of the koran. Your own bible writers wrote very outlandish things about the starts like the stars in the sky falling down into the earth. How is this different from what is written in the koran.

The other day I read where some christians were mocking the koran because it says the during the last days trees and stones will speak, well the bible in the book of revelation also talks about the mountains and stones conversing with humans during the last days too. Why are you mocking the outlandish claims of the koran when your own bible is the same?  

Its morning here and I am not feeling sleepy.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 12:53am On Jul 06, 2009
Okija_juju:

You are not gonna give christians a break with this falling star stuff abi!! Sounds like something from the "Chicken little" movie.

Its not only about falling stars, its about the stars fighting along side humans in a battle throwing fire balls against the other side because they worship other gods which makes yahweh feel very bad.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 12:56am On Jul 06, 2009
These are two different things. What we're saying is WHY WERE STARS CREATED not what did stars do!

Do I type that in Latin?
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 1:00am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

These are two different things. What we're saying is WHY WERE THE STARS CREATED not what were stars used for!

Do I type that in Latin?

The bottom line is the writers of the bible and the koran known ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the stars(How they were formed and their nature). If they both did they will not write that the stars were created to drive out devils in the case of the koran or fight along side humans and fall into the earth as it is written in the bible. The writes of both books had NO knowledge of what the stars really are. They both thought that the stars were tiny hangingin the sky.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by REALTRUTH1: 1:05am On Jul 06, 2009
@Poster: If U think all the above re confusing in the Quaran,,,check up Quaran Chapter 3 from verses 45 to 63,,,U would discover that muslims don't read the Quaran,,,,
The Quaran said in those verses in paraphrase that if U don't believe in Jesus,,U would not be raptured on the last day,,it went further to say that Jesus Christ is a WORD spoken by God into the womb of mary,,,Can U imagine that man??
Please if U have the Quaran,,,U can paste those verses here for them to read,,,
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 1:05am On Jul 06, 2009
@ toneyb

Lord of Mercy! What sort of baseless argument is this? You read in the Quran that stars were made to drive out demons. But you read in the Bible that they were made to give light at night. And you're still comparing the Bible with the Quran grin
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by Okijajuju1(m): 1:07am On Jul 06, 2009
toneyb:

Its not only about falling stars, its about the stars fighting along side humans in a battle throwing fire balls against the other side because they worship other gods which makes yahweh feel very bad.

Abeg tell me about these fighting stars and where I can find it in the bible?? This story sounds more intersting than Noah and the titanic, Jonah and the whale, Daniel and the lion, e.t.c.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 1:11am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

@ toneyb

Lord of Mercy! What sort of baseless argument is this? You read in the Quran that stars were made to drive out demons. But you read in the Bible that they were made to give light at night. And you're still comparing the Bible with the Quran grin

You see why I say you shouldn't laugh at the koran? The bible gets it VERY wrong when it says that the stars were made to give light at night. The stars are distant Suns, They are just like our own sun and they are all the center of their own solar system. The stars were not "made" to give light at night. Each star you see is just like our own sun. They give light ALL the time, you do not see their light during the day because the light from our sun is so bright that it makes their lights disappear. They writers of the bible and the koran do not know what the stars really are.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 1:13am On Jul 06, 2009
Question for you scholar. When do you get light from the stars?
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by olabowale(m): 1:16am On Jul 06, 2009
So I wanna see where Quran spoke about Rapture! You said Chapter 3, Verses 45 to 63.

3:45
to topMuhsin Khan: (Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."
Sahih International: [And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah ].
Pickthall: (And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).
Yusuf Ali: Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;
3:46
to topMuhsin Khan: "He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."
Sahih International: He will speak to the people in the cradle and in maturity and will be of the righteous."
Pickthall: He will speak unto mankind in his cradle and in his manhood, and he is of the righteous.
Yusuf Ali: "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."
3:47
to topMuhsin Khan: She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" and it is.
Sahih International: She said, "My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?" [The angel] said, "Such is Allah ; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is.
Pickthall: She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me? He said: So (it will be). Allah createth what He will. If He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.
Yusuf Ali: She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by olabowale(m): 1:18am On Jul 06, 2009
3:48
to topMuhsin Khan: And He (Allah) will teach him ['Iesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.), (and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).
Sahih International: And He will teach him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel
Pickthall: And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel,
Yusuf Ali: "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,
3:49
to topMuhsin Khan: And will make him ['Iesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.
Sahih International: And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah . And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah . And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.
Pickthall: And will make him a messenger unto the Children of Israel, (saying): Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave. And I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you, if ye are to be believers.
Yusuf Ali: "And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;
3:50
to topMuhsin Khan: And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me.
Sahih International: And [I have come] confirming what was before me of the Torah and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear Allah and obey me.
Pickthall: And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me.
Yusuf Ali: "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 1:19am On Jul 06, 2009
RANTS, RANTS, RANTS!!! shocked shocked

Next person, please!!! grin grin
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by olabowale(m): 1:20am On Jul 06, 2009
3:51
to topMuhsin Khan: Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.
Sahih International: Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is the straight path."
Pickthall: Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.
Yusuf Ali: "'It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"
3:52
to topMuhsin Khan: Then when 'Iesa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allah's Cause?" Al-Hawariun (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allah)."
Sahih International: But when Jesus felt [persistence in] disbelief from them, he said, "Who are my supporters for [the cause of] Allah ?" The disciples said," We are supporters for Allah . We have believed in Allah and testify that we are Muslims [submitting to Him].
Pickthall: But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him).
Yusuf Ali: When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpersto (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.
3:53
to topMuhsin Khan: Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger ['Iesa (Jesus)]; so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth i.e. La ilaha ill-Allah - none has the right to be worshipped but Allah).
Sahih International: Our Lord, we have believed in what You revealed and have followed the messenger Jesus, so register us among the witnesses [to truth]."
Pickthall: Our Lord! We believe in that which Thou hast revealed and we follow him whom Thou hast sent. Enrol us among those who witness (to the truth).
Yusuf Ali: "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness."
3:54
to topMuhsin Khan: And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus) ], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners.
Sahih International: And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners.
Pickthall: And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.
Yusuf Ali: And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by olabowale(m): 1:21am On Jul 06, 2009
3:55
to topMuhsin Khan: And (remember) when Allah said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that 'Iesa (Jesus) is Allah's son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad SAW, 'Iesa (Jesus), Musa (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Quran] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."
Sahih International: [Mention] when Allah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ.
Pickthall: (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ.
Yusuf Ali: Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
3:56
to topMuhsin Khan: "As to those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."
Sahih International: And as for those who disbelieved, I will punish them with a severe punishment in this world and the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."
Pickthall: As for those who disbelieve I shall chastise them with a heavy chastisement in the world and the Hereafter; and they will have no helpers.
Yusuf Ali: "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
3:57
to topMuhsin Khan: And as for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah) and do righteous good deeds, Allah will pay them their reward in full. And Allah does not like the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers).
Sahih International: But as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, He will give them in full their rewards, and Allah does not like the wrongdoers.
Pickthall: And as for those who believe and do good works, He will pay them their wages in full. Allah loveth not wrong-doers.
Yusuf Ali: "As to those who believe and work righteousness, Allah will pay them (in full) their reward; but Allah loveth not those who do wrong."
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 1:21am On Jul 06, 2009
RANTS, RANTS, RANTS!!!

Next person, please!!! grin grin
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by olabowale(m): 1:22am On Jul 06, 2009
3:58
to topMuhsin Khan: This is what We recite to you (O Muhammad SAW) of the Verses and the Wise Reminder (i.e. the Quran).
Sahih International: This is what We recite to you, [O Muhammad], of [Our] verses and the precise [and wise] message.
Pickthall: This (which) We recite unto thee is a revelation and a wise reminder.
Yusuf Ali: "This is what we rehearse unto thee of the Signs and the Message of Wisdom."
3:59
to topMuhsin Khan: Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.
Sahih International: Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was.
Pickthall: Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is.
Yusuf Ali: The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.
3:60
to topMuhsin Khan: (This is) the truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt.
Sahih International: The truth is from your Lord, so do not be among the doubters.
Pickthall: (This is) the truth from thy Lord (O Muhammad), so be not thou of those who waver.
Yusuf Ali: The Truth (comes) from Allah alone; so be not of those who doubt.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 1:22am On Jul 06, 2009
Okija_juju:

Abeg tell me about these fighting stars and where I can find it in the bible?? This story sounds more intersting than Noah and the titanic, Jonah and the whale, Daniel and the lion, e.t.c.

Judges 5:19-20

"Kings came, they fought; the kings of Canaan fought at Taanach by the waters of Megiddo, but they carried off no silver, no plunder.

From the heavens the stars fought,from their courses they fought against Sisera

Sisera was the captain of Jabin's army which was routed and destroyed by the army of Barak on the plain of Esdraelon according to the bible and the stars from the sky fought against him. I wonder why christians mock muslims for believing that their prophet divided the moon into two when their own bible makes equally outlandish claims.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by olabowale(m): 1:24am On Jul 06, 2009
3:61
to topMuhsin Khan: Then whoever disputes with you concerning him ['Iesa (Jesus)] after (all this) knowledge that has come to you, [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus)] being a slave of Allah, and having no share in Divinity) say: (O Muhammad SAW) "Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves - then we pray and invoke (sincerely) the Curse of Allah upon those who lie."
Sahih International: Then whoever argues with you about it after [this] knowledge has come to you - say, "Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves, then supplicate earnestly [together] and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars [among us]."
Pickthall: And whoso disputeth with thee concerning him, after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, say (unto him): Come! We will summon our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and ourselves and yourselves, then we will pray humbly (to our Lord) and (solemnly) invoke the curse of Allah upon those who lie.
Yusuf Ali: If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, say: "Come! let us gather together,- our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!"
3:62
to topMuhsin Khan: Verily! This is the true narrative [about the story of 'Iesa (Jesus)], and, La ilaha ill-Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the One and the Only True God, Who has neither a wife nor a son). And indeed, Allah is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
Sahih International: Indeed, this is the true narration. And there is no deity except Allah . And indeed, Allah is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
Pickthall: Lo! This verily is the true narrative. There is no Allah save Allah, and lo! Allah, He verily is, is the Mighty, the Wise.
Yusuf Ali: This is the true account: There is no god except Allah; and Allah-He is indeed the Exalted in Power, the Wise.
3:63
to topMuhsin Khan: And if they turn away (and do not accept these true proofs and evidences), then surely, Allah is All-Aware of those who do mischief.
Sahih International: But if they turn away, then indeed - Allah is Knowing of the corrupters.
Pickthall: And if they turn away, then lo! Allah is Aware of (who are) the corrupters.
Yusuf Ali: But if they turn back, Allah hath full knowledge of those who do mischief.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 1:27am On Jul 06, 2009
Olabowale Please stop spamming the thread.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 1:28am On Jul 06, 2009
Toneyb, ever heard of "metaphor" or "personification"? wink
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by olabowale(m): 1:32am On Jul 06, 2009
Now shpw me the verse on rapture?
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 1:35am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

Toneyb, ever heard of "metaphor" or "personification"? wink

When you see things like these in the bible you run and hug the word metaphor because it makes no sense to you. I know christians that say that the story about Jonah surviving inside a fish for 3 days is also a metaphor all the atrocities committed by yahweh in the bible were all metaphors an on and on. Keep on deluding your self. The bible was written when Myth was the order of the day and the people wrote myths to make their good look more heroic than the other gods. Is the Noah's story a metaphor too?
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 1:38am On Jul 06, 2009
That's how people like you fail simple questions. I wonder how you'll help your kids with their homework. grin My question required only a "yes" or a "no." Instead, you're rambling. PATHETIC. undecided
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 1:43am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

That's how people like you fail simple questions. I wonder how you'll help your kids with their homework. grin My question required only a "yes" or a "no." Instead, you're rambling. PATHETIC. undecided

The only thing that is pathetic is you running away from what is ACTUALLY written in your bible by coming with you half baked excuse of saying what the bible does not say. The passage was NOT a metaphor or personification as you are trying so hard to convince yourself that it is.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 1:49am On Jul 06, 2009
Again, your prejudice is beclouding your reasoning. I wasn't "running away" from anything. I thought there was still some space in your mind for objective analysis. I wanted to explain the verse to you but deemed it fit to ask you a basic question that could aid your understanding. Unfortunately, you're no longer yourself. Sorry sad

(1) (2)

Countdown To The End Of America And This World As We Know It / Do We Sin Every Day? / God Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.