Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,742 members, 7,840,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Contradictions In The Quran - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contradictions In The Quran (1552 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 1:57am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

Again, your prejudice is beclouding your reasoning. I wasn't "running away" from anything. I thought there was still some space in your mind for objective analysis. I wanted to explain the verse to you but deemed it fit to ask you a basic question that could aid your understanding. Unfortunately, you're no longer yourself. Sorry sad

You want to explain the verse to me? grin What there to explain? theists are prone to lying to protect their precious beliefs and I don't have time to hear your own personal interpretation of what the writer of the bible does not say. The passage is VERY clear enough for all to see. It talks about the stars from the sky fighting against Sisera. The same bible talks about the stars falling into the earth in the book of revelation when the wrath of the bible god comes unto the earth and it goes on to say that it will happen. Is that also a metaphor or are you still going to "explain" the verse to me?

The bottom line is that you have no right to mock the koran when it talks about mohammed dividing the moon into two or stones talking to people on the last day because you bible also talks about people having conversation with stones and rocks on the last days too.

You can mock the koran and muslim beliefs on other things but not on this particular issue.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 2:06am On Jul 06, 2009
theists are prone to lying to protect their precious beliefs and I don't have time to hear your own personal interpretation of what the writer of the bible does not say.

Didn't I mention prejudice? Now I know why you're real 'scholar'  grin grin grin

The passage is VERY clear enough for all to see. It talks about the stars from the sky fighting against Sisera.

Seriously, you should go back to primary school. So if someone told you fortune smiled on them, you'll request for a picture of SMILING fortune? Or if someone said he fought against apartheid, it means he engaged apartheid in physical combat?  ROFL grin grin grin
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 2:15am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

Didn't I mention prejudice? Now I know why you're real 'scholar'  grin grin grin

I have no prejudice at all. I am only stating what is written in your bible

Seriously, you should go back to primary school. So if someone told you fortune smiled on them, you'll request for a picture of SMILING fortune?

I have heard and seen this talk before, I had a discussion with a friend not long ago who was trying to "explain" to me the true meaning of the story of johan surviving inside a fish for 3 days. He said it was an allegory that should never be taken literally.

As for your statement about the fortune smiling on some one that is very different as saying that the stars in the heavens fought against some one. The bible was written when belief in myth was the order of the day and it was not a problem for the people at that time to write such things and take them literally. They wrote that the stars will literally fall into the earth on the last day and the bible said that it will definitely happen. Spin it and say that it is a metaphor too.

Or if someone said he fought against apartheid, it means he engaged apartheid in physical combat?  ROFL grin grin grin

Some people physically fought apartheid and were killed so what the heck are you saying?
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 2:19am On Jul 06, 2009
They wrote that the stars wil literally fall into the earth when on the last day

So, where did you see the "literally" brother? Must you add to the Scripture just to win an argument? Haba! shocked

And why did you cunningly avoid the "fought apartheid" example? shocked Really cunning! wink grin grin
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 2:33am On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

So, where did you see the "literally" brother? Must you add to the Scripture just to win an argument? Haba! shocked

And why did you cunningly avoid the "fought apartheid" example?  shocked Really cunning! wink grin grin

This is the revelation of the bible god of things that will most definitely happen when the world is about to come to an end according to the bible.

Rev 6:13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.
Rev 6:14 The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
Rev 6:15Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
Rev 6:17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?" 

In other parts of the book or revelation the writer wrote that the biblegod himself told him to write what was revealled to him because it will definitely happen. There are some parts of the gospels that talk about the sun and the moon giving off their light and the stars falling into the earth from the sky on the day jesus will come.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 2:38am On Jul 06, 2009
Yes. And he also wrote this:

[b]I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.  And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter
[/b] (Revelation 1:9-19).

Shouldn't we also take that description of Jesus literally? And he said Jesus had "seven stars" in his right hand. Will you be so gullible to take that too 'literally'? grin grin
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by olabowale(m): 2:53am On Jul 06, 2009
@gen2genius: In architecture there is something called street furniture. One of those is a street lamp. It serves many purposes, beautification of boulevards and walkways, yet it can be used to hang things, like posters, flower pots, and yes, indeed to light the way! Are star not beautiful to look at? And are there no shootimng stars? Or falling stars? And dont the stars on a clear night guide, at least the sailors?

And in the matter of creation of heaven and earh, as completed creations, it took Six days/periods. Now is there no ability for you to know that the Creator can do two things together at the same time; creating heaven and earth simultaneously? Wherefore part of the creations of heavens and earth interlock or run concurrently? Such is the power ofthe Creator!

It is you tat i have concern to help is children to do his home work! And am sure tonyeb does not meed e to stand up for him, he is doing fine.

Its late in Abuja, why are you still up, man? Good night Mr.!
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 3:02am On Jul 06, 2009
Meaningless drivel.

And as you can see (except you're already daydreaming about your phantom 72 virgins in Allah's paradise), I'm in Lagos, not Abuja tongue
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 9:08am On Jul 06, 2009
"Holy Book" that promises plenty of sex for suicide bombers - what a DISGRACE!!! angry angry angry
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by gen2genius(m): 9:46am On Jul 06, 2009
Islamists don't even know the first Muslim. Isn't it so PATHETIC grin grin grin
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by toneyb: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

Yes. And he also wrote this:

[b]I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.  And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter
[/b] (Revelation 1:9-19).

Shouldn't we also take that description of Jesus literally? And he said Jesus had "seven stars" in his right hand. Will you be so gullible to take that too 'literally'? grin grin

Millions of christians take the description to be very literal, There are millions of christians that believe the jonah's story is an allegory while there are also millions that believe it should be taken literally, in the game that is called christianity people all pick and chose what makes sense to them. I first heard about the Sisera story and the stars when a pastor was preaching about it on the church channel when I visited a friend's house some months ago. He was talking about the way things have changed and how people are now living under the grace of jesus, he referenced the passage to show how god could make anything go against sinners back in the days, he said god made the stars to fight against those that were against him who thought they were strong. He said god could use any of his creation to destroy sinner back in the days. grin

I was so bewildered that I had to save the verse in my memory. I laughed when he said It and I got the bad eye from my friend's wife who believed everything the guy was talking about grin. In the game that is called christianity picking and choosing what to believe in is the way to go.

You have no better understanding of the bible than the pastor and you are not a better christian than him, you just chose to pick what ever makes sense to you and disregard what doesn't as metaphor. There are so many thing that you might take as literal in the bible while other christians might take as an allegory. Its all a game of picking and choosing and adding your OWN personal meaning to it.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by Duroe: 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2009
gen2genius:

There are contradiction in the Koran- Yes. I will advise you not to bother about these. The problems is more than mere contradictions. How do you think of fairness in Islamic heaven where one man will be given many virgins as reward? So what will Allah give to the female muslims who helped killed some non-muslims to protect the interest of Allah?- many men?

There is no COMPARISON between the God in the Bible and Allah in the Koran; between Jesus Christ and Mohammed; Between, Islamic heaven and Biblical heaven.

Jesus did not given a room for alternative means for human redemption- He said 'I am THE (not 'a') way, THE truth and THE life, NO man comes to thhe father EXCEPT by ME' It's either He is right and everyone who don't follow him (Jesus) perish or if he's wrong and all his followers perish.

It's left for the readers not just to keep arguing on spiritual things with human senses alone but to make a choice between Jesus Christ and Others.

'Stars' in the Bible are used also to refer to Angelic beens apart from the material stars shinning in the sky, just like water used figuratively as the word, mountain as problems or difficulties etc, So do not just pick the word star, read in context to know what it's being used to represent.
I don't have time to post various biblical verses- search.
Re: Contradictions In The Quran by PureLogic: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2009
"THIGHING" - SEXUAL PERVERSION STARTED BY MOHAMMED AND ENCOURAGED BY ISLAMISTS!!!

"Thighing" is an Islamic practice still followed today even in Muslim communities in the U.S. and Britain

"Thighing" is the act of masturbating between the legs of a female infant or actually sodomizing her. Islamic clerics had this to say when a question was forwarded to them at the permanent committee for scientific research and fatwahs (Pedophilia decrees from www.islamic-fatwa.net):

Question

It has become widespread these days, and especially during weddings, the habit of mufa’khathat of the children. (mufa’khathat - literally translated, it means “placing between the thighs” which means placing the male member between the thighs of a child).

What is the opinion of scholars, knowing full well that the prophet, the peace of Allah be upon him, also practiced the “thighing” of Aisha - the mother of believers - may Allah be pleased with her ?

Answer

After studying the issue, the committee has answered as follows:

As for the prophet, his thighing his fiancée Aisha when she was six years of age and not able to consummate the relationship was due to her small age. That is why the Prophet used to place his male member (MOHAMMED'S D*CK ) between her thighs and massage it, as the prophet had control of his male member not like other men.

Here is what Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini (The Supreme Leader of Iran, the Shia Grand Ayatollah, 1979-89) said:

"A man can quench his sexual lusts with a child as young as a baby. However, he should not penetrate. Sodomizing the baby is halal (allowed by sharia). If the man penetrates and damages the child, then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however, does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl’s sister. It is better for a girl to marry when her menstruation starts, and at her husband's house rather than her father's home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven."

(Khomeini, "Tahrirolvasyleh" fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990)

LORD, WHAT SORT OF RELIGION IS THIS

(1) (2)

Following The Word Of God / Biography And Testimonies Of How Jesus Christ Appeared To Him. / Are Blacks The Cused Descendants Of Ham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.