Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters (3244 Views)

Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) / Rich Global Travels Are Fraudsters, Pls Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by Lexusgs430: 10:20am On Feb 13, 2016
rusher14:
[b]Why the hypocrisy and self denial?

Why the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Almost all foreign airlines do the same to Nigerian passport holders.

KLM would usually only accept payment for a ticket to Lagos at the terminal in London, even as a frequent flyer, and this has been the case for years.

Go to Istanbul and see if your passport would not be scanned for future reference.

In Paris, the guys use a magnifying glass to double check the visas on a Nigerian passport.

This is not new. Has always been the case, and the idea is to reduce it by addressing it as individuals.

Collectively, we must eschew corruption and and stop backing, quite openly people, with corruption charges against them.

One of the reasons we have such terrible reputation is that we don’t even see the crimes some of our compatriots commit as evil and unnatural.

Lastly, from the text of the President's interview with the telegraph please see -

"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but then again some Nigerians have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking. I don't think Nigerians have anybody to blame. They can remain at home. Their services are required to rebuild the country. If their countrymen misbehaved, the best thing for them is to stay at home and encourage the credibility of the nation."

[/b]

I do not know where you buy your KLM tickets from. I have bought KLM tickets to lagos (LCY and LHR), bought directly from KLM's website on numerous occasions and have never experienced what you stated.
Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by rusher14: 11:47am On Feb 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I do not know where you buy your KLM tickets from. I have bought KLM tickets to lagos (LCY and LHR), bought directly from KLM's website on numerous occasions and have never experienced what you stated.

I have done the same for flights in Europe and elsewhere, but every time I have to buy one from London to Lagos, I always have to get to the terminal for completion.

Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2016
rusher14:

I have done the same for flights in Europe and elsewhere, but every time I have to buy one from London to Lagos, I always have to get to the terminal for completion.

I honestly don't know why its happening to your bookings. I flew KLM in January 2016 to Lagos via City Airport and ticket was purchased directly via klm.com
Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by rusher14: 11:55am On Feb 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I honestly don't know why its happening to your bookings. I flew KLM in January 2016 to Lagos via City Airport and ticket was purchased directly via klm.com

I wish I knew too.

Heck, I'm even a silver member of the flying blue club.

But I always have to get to the terminal in Heathrow to finalise payment for the trip to Lagos.
Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by Lexusgs430: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
rusher14:

I wish I knew too.

Heck, I'm even a silver member of the flying blue club.

But I always have to get to the terminal in Heathrow to finalise payment for the trip to Lagos.

I think it's best you book through opodo.
Not unless you enjoy the long drive!!!
NB: You can still enter membership number through opodo, and not lose your airmiles.
Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by Ralphlauren(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Exactly.

I'm shocked by the lies being peddled here.

Tickets costing almost 3k was booked with BA online just last month with absolutely no issues.

I have also flown with KLM and Air France with tickets purchased online with absolutely no issues.

These tickets were purchased directly from the airline's official website.
Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by Ralphlauren(m): 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
rusher14:

Maybe your postcode is associated with fraud tongue no jokes. There are some notorious postcodes.

I have made numerous bookings - the most recent from a Scottish city to Lagos via Amsterdam with absolutely no issues.
Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by Foxflames: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
They have some checking mechanism that they have im place for Nigerians to Nigeria. No one knows how this selective checking mechanism works. Yes, there are cases of people paying online successfully and the are cases of people required to pay in person. In my case after I paid in person, I was able to pay online for subsequent flights. I was using a new debit card, maybe that was why I was blocked.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by justwise(m): 3:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nobody should blame BA, they have to protect their image and business. Some Nigerians pay online with stolen credit card details and the system is not there to protect businesses
Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ralphlauren:

Exactly.

I'm shocked by the lies being peddled here.

Tickets costing almost 3k was booked with BA online just last month with absolutely no issues.

I have also flown with KLM and Air France with tickets purchased online with absolutely no issues.

These tickets were purchased directly from the airline's official website.

What do you mean by lies.. .did you not see the BA's comment above or you just enter and started blasting..

1 Like

Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by DisGuy: 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Same here, actually surprised some people are experiencing this, last time i booked BA was about three years ago from the comfort of my house, the rest have been KLM with absolutely no issues

is this a new policy?
Re: British Airways Blast Nigeria: Said Nigerians Are Fraudsters by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
DisGuy:

Same here, actually surprised some people are experiencing this, last time i booked BA was about three years ago from the comfort of my house, the rest have been KLM with absolutely no issues

is this a new policy?

I doubt, booked KLM last March London to Lagos through their website with no problem at all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For Epassport In England Or In Nigeria? / Extreme: Would You Pay N50,000 To See This Tourist Attraction(Photos) / Oh Africans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.