Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths (49743 Views)

Senator Ben Murray-bruce Mocks Change Slogan Of APC Led-government / Ben Murray-bruce Mocks NCC On Data Hike In His Latest Tweet - See Reactions / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Localamos(m): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
Elosky20:
Can you show only Nigerian movies in your Cinemas please, that is why the US dollar is so strong

Now this is common sense!

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by anonimi: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
maddock:
He should stop showing Hollywood movies in his cinemas and show only Nigerian movies.

So you admit that he shows some Nigerian movies right?
Where did he use the word ONLY in his quoted tweet
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Okijajuju1(m): 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
ndcide:

Okija, You are an intelligent man. On this one it just didn't show. Politics and really reduced you. But I know you joke a lot.this must be a joke.

Nice retort..

1. Yes he may have been elected, but for someone who is attacking the Presidency for picking aged cabinet members, he could have lived by his own standards by supporting a young member of his constituency to go for the position he currently occupies. But he didn't.

2. Buying one Innoson bus for his office when the rest of their fleet is all foreign is sheer hypocrisy. Innoson has been around doing this car thing for quite a few years now. Also Ben Murray Bruce's personal Cars are not Innoson. If that isn't hypocritical, I wonder what is.

3. Every time his cinema shows a foreign movie, Hollywood makes money. Every ticket he sells, puts money in the hands of foreign film makers. He has to pay for the license and rights to show those movies, that's forex going to foreign a nation. So he should live up to his own mantra and stop showing foreign movies and keep his cinemas 100% local content and also use his TV station to promote local football. As we speak, DSTV which is a South African media outfit contributes more to our local league than Ben Murray Bruce's Silverbird Tv. So isn't this hypocritical as well?

4. Kudos to his group for the pageantry. That's money in his hands which I have absolutely nothing against. But pageantry happens once in a while. Gov Duke put things in place to make Cross Rivers State a tourist destination that in turn increased the states tourism and local revenue. What has Bruce put in place in his Bayelsa that does that? Pagentry is an event, tourism is a destination thing. There is a difference. It's like saying because we host the World Cup, Nigeria is now a tourism destination. grin

To indict him even further, when he was the DG of NTA, what did he achieve to elevate NTA to a proper 21st century digital Satellite television station?

I maintain that Bruce is a hypocrite that does not live up to the standards he is setting for others.

He should focus on his constituents and start his campaign from there. If he works there, we will see it and he wouldn't need Twitter to blow his own horn. And donating his wardrobe allowance to Widows is a kind gesture, nothing developmental or sustainable about that so forgive me for not being impressed by such bullshit. Bayelsa as we speak faces issues of pollution, lack of clean water, poor access to good medical facilities, education, e.t.c.

For someone who supports the "common sense" senator, you seem not to see the hypocrisy in this. It's okay though, even Bruce does not seem to see it either.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by babafirst(m): 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
There is no smoke without fire......this Ben's comment/tweet is fishy.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by blazetitov: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
thisisayus:
I've never liked this epl of a thing. Our youths are the number one problem of this country and you'll still see them saying gibberish to justify their support for insane things.
America wasn't made with youths with such mentality (ever heard of policy of isolationism?). France wasn't made like this either.
Lemme stop here before they start with their annoying stuffs.

The issue tire person jare. Seeing comments from our so called youths makes one weak.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by blazetitov: 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Nice retort..

1. Yes he may have been elected, but for someone who is attacking the Presidency for picking aged cabinet members, he could have lived by his own standards by supporting a young member of his constituency to go for the position he currently occupies. But he didn't.

2. Buying one Innoson bus for his office when the rest of their fleet is all foreign is sheer hypocrisy. Innoson has been around doing this car thing for quite a few years now. Also Ben Murray Bruce's personal Cars are not Innoson. If that isn't hypocritical, I wonder what is.

3. Every time his cinema shows a foreign movie, Hollywood makes money. Every ticket he sells, puts money in the hands of foreign film makers. He has to pay for the license and rights to show those movies, that's forex going to foreign a nation. So he should live up to his own mantra and stop showing foreign movies and keep his cinemas 100% local content and also use his TV station to promote local football. As we speak, DSTV which is a South African media outfit contributes more to our local league than Ben Murray Bruce's Silverbird Tv. So isn't this hypocritical as well?

4. Kudos to his group for the pageantry. That's money in his hands which I have absolutely nothing against. But pageantry happens once in a while. Gov Duke put things in place to make Cross Rivers State a tourist destination that in turn increased the states tourism and local revenue. What has Bruce put in place in his Bayelsa that does that? Pagentry is an event, tourism is a destination thing. There is a difference. It's like saying because we host the World Cup, Nigeria is now a tourism destination. grin

To indict him even further, when he was the DG of NTA, what did he achieve to elevate NTA to a proper 21st century digital Satellite television station?

I maintain that Bruce is a hypocrite that does not live up to the standards he is setting for others.

He should focus on his constituents and start his campaign from there. If he works there, we will see it and he wouldn't need Twitter to blow his own horn. And donating his wardrobe allowance to Widows is a kind gesture, nothing developmental or sustainable about that so forgive me for not being impressed by such bullshit. Bayelsa as we speak faces issues of pollution, lack of clean water, poor access to good medical facilities, education, e.t.c.

For someone who supports the "common sense" senator, you seem not to see the hypocrisy in this. It's okay though, even Bruce does not seem to see it either.

Can you leave your office in the evening to go watch a Nigerian Movie for N1500 or N2000? I believe if there is demand for our own products, Silverbird will have no option but to show our own movies. We need to change our consumption culture/habit.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by aresa: 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
mazizitonene:
oga be sincere, as a businessman you sell what the people WANT (demand and supply, simple economics) the market is controlled by the consumers!!.......he cant be showing only nigerian movies when most nigerians wont watch it and he wont make profit, he is in business to make profit not loss! if he were showing only nigerian movies he wouldn't have been as popular as he is now. besides he does not have monopoly over that market, there are other cinemas around. you and i know that if he decides to only show nigerian movies, most nigerians wont patronize him!! #fact.............he will lose customers, they will rather not go to the cinemas or patronize other cinemas showing those movies......he will be making losses....its not feasible as a businessman.....how can u decide market for the end-users (consumers)...is just like you go to the market to buy salt and the woman gives you sugar, will you collect it ? ontop your own money? and u know what u want ? wont u rather check the next woman selling ? and if u dont see u leave ?.......my brother think!!.......he just wants to make common sense which he did........#forgetthemessengergrabthemsg

Sadly for the thoughtless man, he's speaking today and every inconsistent and hypocritical rubbish he spews on twitter as a public official and not as a business man and the government policies he ignorantly criticizes everyday are official government policies and National issues, not business issues.

The fact that he also paid for and sent his own children to America to obtain the best education money can buy instead of Nigerian schools was done because he's business man?

Makes no sense...
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Okijajuju1(m): 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
blazetitov:

Can you leave your office in the evening to go watch a Nigerian Movie for N1500 or N2000? I believe if there is demand for our own products, Silverbird will have no option but to show our own movies. We need to change our consumption culture/habit.

Oga, our demand is dependent on quality. If the local movies had quality, we would patronize them. Many young directors are stepping up their game in this regard to be fair and that why people now go to see some of those few good Nigerian movies in the cinema.

Consumers would spend their hard earn funds only on things that give them good value for their money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by mazizitonene(m): 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
aresa:

Sadly for the thoughtless man, he's speaking today and every inconsistent and hypocritical rubbish he spews on twitter as a public official and not as a business man and the government policies he ignorantly criticizes everyday are official government policies and National issues, not business issues.

The fact that he also paid for and sent his own children to America to obtain the best education money can buy instead of Nigerian schools was done because he's business man?

Makes no sense...
i ask again......... are we looking at the messenger or the message ?

christians say that God can use anybody even a hardened criminal to speak to man..............in african society, the gods have been said to use even mad men to speak to sane men and communities................. concentrate more on the message and not the messenger, two wrongs can't make right.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by urahara(m): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
Elosky20:
Can you show only Nigerian movies in your Cinemas please, that is why the US dollar is so strong

On point

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by urahara(m): 6:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
FisifunKododada:
cool I don't even like this guy but he is absolutely right. Africans (especially Nigerians) have no shame. No white man would ever support an African team, no matter how great they are, they way we do. Africans are very low self esteem people. They have been colonially brainwashed and abused by their white overlords.

If the African teams dey yapa. Africans would support them
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by blazetitov: 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Oga, our demand is dependent on quality. If the local movies had quality, we would patronize them. Many young directors are stepping up their game in this regard to be fair and that why people now go to see some of those few good Nigerian movies in the cinema.

Consumers would spend their hard earn funds only on things that give them good value for their money.

It takes money to produce quality. Let's start from somewhere.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by dammywapes(m): 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
thisisayus:
I've never liked this epl of a thing. Our youths are the number one problem of this country and you'll still see them saying gibberish to justify their support for insane things.
America wasn't made with youths with such mentality (ever heard of policy of isolationism?). France wasn't made like this either.
Lemme stop here before they start with their annoying stuffs.
BTW, Check the link on my signature
There is no way we gonna reason d same way. same as we see gay has not been the right thing here.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by aresa: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
mazizitonene:
i ask again......... are we looking at the messenger or the message ?

christians say that God can use anybody even a hardened criminal to speak to man..............in african society, the gods have been said to use even mad men to speak to sane men and communities................. concentrate more on the message and not the messenger, two wrongs can't make right.

The messenger is a Nigerian and he can lead by example. Leaders put their money where their mouth is, not where the same place they are criticizing and doesn't want us to put our own money in.

How do you as a responsible and credible leader voiced today that Nigerian youths should be allowed to run the country, but tomorrow blame the same Nigerian youths for wrecking the country. Where is the sense and wisdom in his thoughtless, confused, and hypocritical message.

The messanger should have kept his money here to better Nigerian schools instead of shipping his son and his money to America for American bought education for his son while the same Nigerian youths his lambasting suffer the brunt of this man and his PDP's rot and decay.

Where was his common sense during PDP's 16 year rule? He was inside some cave in Afghanistan or participated and even has the DG of NTA for 8 long years where he wrecked the NTA while his own Silverbird grew and thrived with cinemas and malls all over the place.

The fact that some people are gullible enough and predisposed to his foolish and meaningless rants doesn't mean others are.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by FisifunKododada: 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
urahara:

If the African teams dey yapa. Africans would support them

cool Dem no go 'dey yapa' if u na no support them. When big clubs like Chelsea were wallowing in the lowest of divisions, their fans did not shift to support foreign clubs. There fans stood with them ALL the way to the top. A man who supports another man's child instead of his own child because his child have not reached the top yet is the BIGGEST fool on this planet. That is why EVERYWHERE in the world, Africans are seen as fools. Use your brain and you will understand. grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Rolings: 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
ndcide:
1, His Cinema shows both Local and foreign movies.

2, He is on a crusade to make us think nigeria and buy nigeria. He just ordered Innoson vehicle
Is there anything wrong with that?

3, Let's stop looking at this from the narrow mindedness of politics.
4, Those questioning him are just being childish.

After waking up from a very deep slumber . So he is just knowing now that innoson manufacturer cars or that Aba made exists. Don't be fooled ,the man is just playing to the gallery .
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by datigbogirl: 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Wyttcat:
This man is trying hard to cover up something. Maybe he knows the Efcc may not be far away.

FFFool
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by datigbogirl: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Iamlordgee:
Ben Murray Bruce tweeted that he thinks Youths are the cause of High dollar rate by saying " up chelsea manu for life" I am wondering what he expect us to say.. Up eyimba".. And trust Nigerian Youths They have started firing him
See pics below..

https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/698597338479112193

Because you don't practise wat you preach doesn't mean you're not preaching the truth.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by ndcide(m): 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Nice retort..

Brilliant one from the chairman. smiley

1, Nothing wrong in him being the senator, provided he empowers the youth. Get the point. He wasn't against buhari's age. he was against that of his ministers. He even referenced Audu Ogbe and the Saraki family. Let the old buhari be there while he works with brilliant young men like you. Again the Silverbird group have young people in leadership positions too. that's the idea. Not him or buhari relinquishing their positions.

2, The innosen bus have been there for some time. the recent order was for his personal use. Remember he said he was going to drive with it to the senate house. I recall you said you would not buy an innosen SUV but would rather go for a second hand Japaneses brand. That's so much for a patriotic Nigerian and most importantly anambrarian. You no want make your brother chop? grin

3, You can't be saying this. The silverbird group is a leading promoter of Nigerian music; You know this. For your other point; That's too much. You are an Igbo man na? What is good for business must be done. smiley

4, TV and Radio drives tourism. To have sited Silverbird in Bayelsa, Anambra ( your place) and other locations, shows how far he has gone in terms of tourism. look at the number of media houses in Anambra today; This man's group blazed the trail ... you should know this more than me. Remember, his guys had to work with minaj also before returning to lagos. Abeg give it to him jare. I expect you to lend your voice to have him as president. Not all these ones you are saying.

You've seen a brilliant mind . it's unpatriotic for you to want to silence him. Intelligent guys like you can have a sit a the table with Mr Ben as president. With Buhari, No show. grin You can help echo his name, we could have him as president of Nigeria or as governor of Bayelsa. I know you are smart, so you'd know smart people. Politics aside, wouldn't you rather have Mr Ben as president and our present Old General?

I greet you.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by ndcide(m): 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Rolings:

After waking up from a very deep slumber . So he is just knowing now that innoson manufacturer cars or that Aba made exists. Don't be fooled ,the man is just playing to the gallery .

Come on... Let him play to the gallery, but let the message be passed. he is a voice. Now that he is in the corridors of power he'll be more effective. Our president want's BMW.

If he did these things before now , you'll say the want's to seek elective office. Now he's there. let's support what is good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by aresa: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
1. Yesterday, you want Nigerian youths to participate and rule Nigeria.

2. Today, you are mocking the same Nigerian youths and blaming them for wrecking Nigeria even though they did not loot Nigeria or participated in formulating laws or policies like you and your looting and stealing PDP did for 16 years.

See mental confusion and common sense getting turned upside down by the not seo sensible twitter constituency brain-fart....
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by anonimi: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
lastpage:

Useless "Twitter Senator" who should be advocating "the slashing of the salary and wardrobe allowance of his equally useless NASS members.

Now you are talking grin
Others should follow your good example and HAMMER him and his colleagues on this point until there is CHANGE wink

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528508_political20catoon_jpeg388939f5abe0d6aa488640afd36eb164

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Rolings: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
ndcide:

Come on... Let him play to the gallery, but let the message be passed. he is a voice. Now that he is in the corridors of power he'll be more effective. Our president want's BMW.

If he did these things before now , you'll say the want's to seek elective office. Now he's there. let's support what is good.

I see you are one of those kids who feel they know it all. So he doesn't want to say all he is saying now because the opposition will think he is looking for appointment abi. Kontinue . So you agree with him that you didn't have common sense all this while and you needed the promoting of the Twitter senator to realize that . I reserve my comments
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by chiefobdk(m): 7:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
mazizitonene:
he makes common sense only...................

to intelligent minds..............unfortunately such minds are very rare in youths of today

exactly what he's saying.......patronize made in nigeria products, if you patronize ONLY nigerian movies, they'l be forced to show ONLY nigeria movies.....he is a businessman so he must give people what they want for him to sell.........he cant be showing nigerian movies/matches when you "nigerians" are not interested in them.....abi u want make him company fold ?

if he shows only nigerian movies will you come and watch ?
thiis is business, you give the people what they want

're u related to king Solomon...

May God give u more wisdom and me too....

thank you sir.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
DashMeYansh:
Ben Bruce is right. In the states, no matter what, you support the team in which city you grew up in or currently reside. I grew up in Maryland, and I am a proud Baltimore Ravens fan despite our shitty play this season(I wish we made it to the superbowl and showed Cam Newton how to DAB)

I would have probably disliked soccer if not for my Nigerian Household...Manchester United till I die...No one really watches the MLS and you expect Nigerians to develop their own brand. Fvcking joke of a man

You signed up on nairaland on my birthdaytongue
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

You signed up on nairaland on my birthdaytongue

Whats the internet turning to?...you quoted me just so I can remember your birthday shocked
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
DashMeYansh:

Whats the internet turning to?...you quoted me just so I can remember your birthday shocked

Noooo. I was only excited coz of the coincidence.

Sorry I quoted you
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by DeGenius3(m): 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
mazizitonene:
he makes common sense only...................

to intelligent minds..............unfortunately such minds are very rare in youths of today

exactly what he's saying.......patronize made in nigeria products, if you patronize ONLY nigerian movies, they'l be forced to show ONLY nigeria movies.....he is a businessman so he must give people what they want for him to sell.........he cant be showing nigerian movies/matches when you "nigerians" are not interested in them.....abi u want make him company fold ?

if he shows only nigerian movies will you come and watch ?
thiis is business, you give the people what they want

YOU ARE VERY MUCH ON POINT... AND SERIOUSLY, JUST LIKE YOU SAID,
THIS IS FOR INTELLIGENT MINDS ONLY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Wyttcat: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
Iddiot!
datigbogirl:

FFFool
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by anonimi: 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
aresa:
1. Yesterday, you want Nigerian youths to participate and rule Nigeria.

2. Today, you are mocking the same Nigerian youths and blaming them for wrecking Nigeria even though they did not loot Nigeria or participated in formulating laws or policies like you and your looting and stealing PDP did for 16 years.

See mental confusion and common sense getting turned upside down by the not seo sensible twitter constituency brain-fart....

How is calling for MORE support for our Nigerian football clubs instead of SOLELY supporting those of the COLONIALISTS a mockery of Nigerian youths?
For how long will you continue to peddle the LIE that PDP did for 16 years when the fact is that the worstest elements of the same party are now cruising in your APCshit party as born-to-gain progreTHIEVES?
So who is having "mental confusion and common sense getting turned upside down"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by mazizitonene(m): 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
chiefobdk:

're u related to king Solomon...

May God give u more wisdom and me too....

thank you sir.
lolz......Amen my brother....uwc
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by vislabraye(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
Elosky20:
Hahahahaaa. grin .
I agree with his views but make him leave Premiership oh. Well, at least him no mention Gunners for life so E no matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawal Saidu: I Saw 1,000 Bandits With AK-47 Rifles, Some Under Influence Of Drug / 2015: CNN Rejects Political Adverts From Nigeria / Ganduje Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles - Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.