Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,368 members, 7,954,491 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:19 PM

Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths (49941 Views)

Senator Ben Murray-bruce Mocks Change Slogan Of APC Led-government / Ben Murray-bruce Mocks NCC On Data Hike In His Latest Tweet - See Reactions / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by afroxyz: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
True talk
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by EmekaBlue(m): 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
Just like other africans watch Nollywood than theirs so as Nigerians will watch Epl than ours..Meanwhile Up Chelsea and Bluess fr life
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by ledaman: 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
Useless Senator with no any impact ! am very sure is not from Nigeria
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dude is trying so hard 2b next "jeez of otuoke"
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by undisputednesta(m): 12:03am On Feb 15, 2016
I won't say much but until I see silverbird serves as a jersey sponsor of any club, b it street futbol club, den I will start taking senator Twitter seriously! Murray Bruce abi na Ben bruce, go and sidan. tongue
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Patozorinzo: 12:21am On Feb 15, 2016
mazizitonene:
he makes common sense only...................

to intelligent minds..............unfortunately such minds are very rare in youths of today

exactly what he's saying.......patronize made in nigeria products, if you patronize ONLY nigerian movies, they'l be forced to show ONLY nigeria movies.....he is a businessman so he must give people what they want for him to sell.........he cant be showing nigerian movies/matches when you "nigerians" are not interested in them.....abi u want make him company fold ?

if he shows only nigerian movies will you come and watch ?
thiis is business, you give the people what they want
and european leagues are giving us what we want. Afterall they also have fans across asia and the countries over there have not for once say european football is their cause of bad economy

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by RuuDie(m): 12:28am On Feb 15, 2016
Ignorance... in the US, Americans wake/stay up 3am-4am to watch the same EPL and support their "adopted" clubsides. They travel to watch these games live. They buy way more merchandise than our youths do. Why hasn't the dollar crashed or the MLS collapsed completely!!?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by ddeola: 4:14am On Feb 15, 2016
Mr Tweeter senator don come again o ! At times, when people talk too much because they think they are becoming famous, what they say becomes nonesense.

Mr senator focus on your legislative duties and stop disgracing yourself. I guess you senators are too idle
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by timmyblast(m): 4:28am On Feb 15, 2016
mazizitonene:
he makes common sense only...................

to intelligent minds..............unfortunately such minds are very rare in youths of today

exactly what he's saying.......patronize made in nigeria products, if you patronize ONLY nigerian movies, they'l be forced to show ONLY nigeria movies.....he is a businessman so he must give people what they want for him to sell.........he cant be showing nigerian movies/matches when you "nigerians" are not interested in them.....abi u want make him company fold ?

if he shows only nigerian movies will you come and watch ?
thiis is business, you give the people what they want
in ur mind now , u make sense. If he is a business man that needs to make money, am I not human and don't I deserve to be happy?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by aresa: 4:56am On Feb 15, 2016
blazetitov:

Can you leave your office in the evening to go watch a Nigerian Movie for N1500 or N2000? I believe if there is demand for our own products, Silverbird will have no option but to show our own movies. We need to change our consumption culture/habit.

There can not be demand and you can not create demand until you eradicate foreign and imported alternative. Nigerians won't stop going to the cinema because they stopped showing American movies so why not stop showing imported movies to help the local movie industry just like the FG banned many imported products and items to help our local manufacturers.

Necessity is the mother of invention like they say.

Have he stopped shipping his money and children to America to get foreign education instead of OAU, UNN, UI and others in Nigeria?

Have the brainless twitter constituency hypocrite senator started any soccer team that Nigerian youths refused to patronize?

The man is nothing but a con man and bloody hypocrite who's always trying to have it both ways

And is this thoughtless twitter senator telling us that only young Nigerians supports foreign soccer clubs? Talk about ignorant generalization..

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by blazetitov: 6:33am On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:

There can not be demand and you can not create demand until you eradicate foreign and imported alternative. Nigerians won't stop going to the cinema because they stopped showing American movies so why not stop showing imported movies to help the local movie industry just like the FG banned many imported products and items to help our local manufacturers.

Necessity is the mother of invention like they say.

Have he stopped shipping his money and children to America to get foreign education instead of OAU, UNN, UI and others in Nigeria?

Have the brainless twitter constituency hypocrite senator started any soccer team that Nigerian youths refused to patronize?

The man is nothing but a con man and bloody hypocrite who's always trying to have it both ways

And is this thoughtless twitter senator telling us that only young Nigerians supports foreign soccer clubs? Talk about ignorant generalization..

You don provoke! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Large32(m): 6:55am On Feb 15, 2016
The Last tym i checked, most of his Sons are studying abroad, i hope the y are making our Naira grow over there. Buh thinking of it, how many tyms has he bought a Ticket just to go and Watch Bayelsa vs Kwara United so as to make our Naira grow, all he does is go on vacation abroad.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Dynamite02: 8:03am On Feb 15, 2016
Don't mind them! Nigerians need thorough sensitization.....we are parasites to ourselves.
For that guy mind now he don give epic reply. Someone is telling you that your whole roof has blown off,you are busy pointing fingers back " what about your own roof that is leaking from a tiny rusted nail"?
Goat carry gold chain for neck the give you...you bone gold chain begin d look goat face
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by obynaDmob(m): 8:08am On Feb 15, 2016
How can u come and be talking rubbish on here, when you have a house in Beverly hills undecided.. Its his supporters i blame sha, normally this type of person shud have only his immediate family as his twitter followers..oloriBu! undecided
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by obynaDmob(m): 8:10am On Feb 15, 2016
Dynamite02:
Don't mind them! Nigerians need thorough sensitization.....we are parasites to ourselves.
For that guy mind now he don give epic reply. Someone is telling you that your whole roof has blown off,you are busy pointing fingers back " what about your own roof that is leaking from a tiny rusted nail"?
Goat carry gold chain for neck the give you...you bone gold chain begin d look goat face

He who is free of sin should cast the first stone- Jesus Christ
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Dynamite02: 8:26am On Feb 15, 2016
obynaDmob:

He who is free of sin should cast the first stone- Jesus Christ
That scripture comes in handy even when its not necessary.
When peter told Jesus "Be kind to yourself," he was only trying to be reasonable and empathetic ,yet Jesu chrisi rebuked him.
As for me and my household, made in Nigeria goods /services is our first choice.
Although they got low quality....with time they'll will improve esp. when we are ready to pay for good quality
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by obynaDmob(m): 8:47am On Feb 15, 2016
Dynamite02:

That scripture comes in handy even when its not necessary.
When peter told Jesus "Be kind to yourself," he was only trying to be reasonable and empathetic ,yet Jesu chrisi rebuked him.
As for me and my household, made in Nigeria goods /services is our first choice.
Although they got low quality....with time they'll will improve esp. when we are ready to pay for good quality

I wasnt referring to u sire..
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by afas7(m): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2016
And Dollars is growing because your Cinema is all about Hollywood
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by kingsfield(m): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2016
EPL z one of d alternatives we d youths use as coolant, inorder to take our minds off d way u pple loot n melt or milk down our economy.
If nt for it (EPL) it wouldn't hv bn jst one terrorist group cos jst d mention of d amount u pple loot z enuf HBP.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 9:37am On Feb 15, 2016
so, how does this increase the value of nairagrin
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by tuniski: 10:01am On Feb 15, 2016
godoluwa:
smh, i dnt think he meant you should stop watching foreign football match

Those downplaying the import of the common sense in the twit are actually the problem.

The average nigerian youth is screaming utd for life but, won't spare a moment on self improvement and innovation except Nairabet!!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by godoluwa(m): 10:51am On Feb 15, 2016
tuniski:

Those downplaying the import of the common sense in the twit are actually the problem.

The average nigerian youth is screaming utd for life but, won't spare a moment on self improvement and innovation except Nairabet!!
you get my point
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by AZeD1(m): 11:10am On Feb 15, 2016
redcliff:

Let me tell you how it makes the pound strong. You like their matches, you either watch it at a viewing center or have it at your house. You pay dstv for subscription or 100naira at the viewing centre. The viewing centre pays their subscription or dstv you pay subscription to pays for the righta to air the football match to sky sports in the uk. Those ones use the money to pay their workers who are not living in nigeria... so my friend thats how you are helping the epl and pound grow
Erm, viewing centres are businesses run by Nigerians so we can confidently say the EPL has generated jobs in Nigeria.

What was your point again?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by AZeD1(m): 11:23am On Feb 15, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Nice retort..

1. Yes he may have been elected, but for someone who is attacking the Presidency for picking aged cabinet members, he could have lived by his own standards by supporting a young member of his constituency to go for the position he currently occupies. But he didn't.

2. Buying one Innoson bus for his office when the rest of their fleet is all foreign is sheer hypocrisy. Innoson has been around doing this car thing for quite a few years now. Also Ben Murray Bruce's personal Cars are not Innoson. If that isn't hypocritical, I wonder what is.

3. Every time his cinema shows a foreign movie, Hollywood makes money. Every ticket he sells, puts money in the hands of foreign film makers. He has to pay for the license and rights to show those movies, that's forex going to foreign a nation. So he should live up to his own mantra and stop showing foreign movies and keep his cinemas 100% local content and also use his TV station to promote local football. As we speak, DSTV which is a South African media outfit contributes more to our local league than Ben Murray Bruce's Silverbird Tv. So isn't this hypocritical as well?

4. Kudos to his group for the pageantry. That's money in his hands which I have absolutely nothing against. But pageantry happens once in a while. Gov Duke put things in place to make Cross Rivers State a tourist destination that in turn increased the states tourism and local revenue. What has Bruce put in place in his Bayelsa that does that? Pagentry is an event, tourism is a destination thing. There is a difference. It's like saying because we host the World Cup, Nigeria is now a tourism destination. grin

To indict him even further, when he was the DG of NTA, what did he achieve to elevate NTA to a proper 21st century digital Satellite television station?

I maintain that Bruce is a hypocrite that does not live up to the standards he is setting for others.

He should focus on his constituents and start his campaign from there. If he works there, we will see it and he wouldn't need Twitter to blow his own horn. And donating his wardrobe allowance to Widows is a kind gesture, nothing developmental or sustainable about that so forgive me for not being impressed by such bullshit. Bayelsa as we speak faces issues of pollution, lack of clean water, poor access to good medical facilities, education, e.t.c.

For someone who supports the "common sense" senator, you seem not to see the hypocrisy in this. It's okay though, even Bruce does not seem to see it either.
I need to visit your shrine and drop some bottles of Orijin for Okija. I have no problem with his message but i have a problem with the messenger. What has stopped Ben from pushing through a bill that forces government agencies to buy made in Nigeria?

The senate and the presidency are about to spend billions purchasing cars, imagine what a buy naija bill would have done to the economy.

Common sense without the relevant laws backing them is noise making.

Winners do while losers tweet.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Okijajuju1(m): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2016
AZeD1:

I need to visit your shrine and drop some bottles of Orijin for Okija. I have no problem with his message but i have a problem with the messenger. What has stopped Ben from pushing through a bill that forces government agencies to buy made in Nigeria?

The senate and the presidency are about to spend billions purchasing cars, imagine what a buy naija bill would have done to the economy.

Common sense without the relevant laws backing them is noise making.

Winners do while losers tweet.

@ Highlight: 109% correct
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by Dynamite02: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
obynaDmob:

I wasnt referring to u sire..
I know!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by 989900: 11:49am On Feb 15, 2016
Trying to blame the youths for your 'failed generation' eh, Bruce.

It's no secret that those between the ages 60-85 (thereabout) today, are the architects and actors of the present 'semi-failed-state' Nigeria is presently.

How comfortable and convenient it is Bruce, trying to blame your offspring for what you've gone done.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by redcliff: 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
AZeD1:

Erm, viewing centres are businesses run by Nigerians so we can confidently say the EPL has generated jobs in Nigeria.

What was your point again?

lol..where does the real money go? how does it make Nigeria richer? Do the Viewing centers pay their taxes? SMH?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by AZeD1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
redcliff:

lol..where does the real money go? how does it make Nigeria richer? Do the Viewing centers pay their taxes? SMH?
Is it the fault of the EPL that Nigeria has an inefficient tax system?

The EPL has contributed to the Nigerian economy from jobless guys owning businesses via viewing centres to gambling to bars that experience increased patronage during matches.

Please tell me how the EPL has affected the Nigerian economy negatively.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Mocks Nigerian Youths by MaziOmenuko: 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
Support local clubs, buy made in Nigeria to grow the economy;

But don't forget to send your children abroad for schooling; and pay their school fees in dollars so that the naira will be stronger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uche Nwosu Receives INEC Form As APC Candidate. Pic / Photo: What Ngige told me after Obiano was declared winner of the election / Nigeria's 5 Most Controversial Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.