Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw (1935 Views)

Nigeria Hits 5000MW Generation Mark / INEC Postponed The Announcement Of Results Until 10am Tomorrow / Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by bilulu(m): 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
Few weeks back we were told that power generation has increased to 5000mW and we received the news with smiles and happiness but to my greatest surprise since that announcement the supply in my area (residence and business) it has dropped significantly...... so as usual I want to ask how's the light situation in our area?

3 Likes

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
Take heart bro
Electricity has greatly improved in the country so tell your local chief to replace your transformers.
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by dhardline(m): 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
I stay in Surulere along Itire axis and for 3 full days there was no flash of light till they restored

it for about 2hours this morning and thats it.Even the street lights along the road has not come

on for more than a month now.(that one na Ambode wahala) four years no far again.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by kodded(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2016

undecided undecided

this Is the change the dulllard of northern Nigeria promised the sophisticated people

undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Improve tanker! As a matter of fact I am thinking of becoming my own NEPA.

4 Likes

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by bilulu(m): 2:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Take heart bro
Electricity has greatly improved in the country so tell your local chief to replace your transformers.

babe speak for ur area n not d country..... I stay in a federal housing in Abj n we hardly get light not even minding d fact its suppose to b one nyt ON one nyt OFF

6 Likes

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
No lyt in where i stay; in Nasarawa around Masaka/angwan tofa
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by BushidoBlue(m): 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2016

That's how them dey slap ya head with lies and you sef dey believe am...

Been sleeping with gen all week.

UrennaNkoli:
Take heart bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by honeychild(f): 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
We have had an average of 10 - 12 hrs per day here in PH - rumuodara. It comes on and off during the day and night. I have sincerely seen a huge improvement as for me. My estate used to be a complete blackout zone, as in no light for months on end.

1 Like

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
BushidoBlue:

That's how them dey slap ya head with lies and you sef dey believe am...

Been sleeping with gen all week.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by cirmuell(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
Just got here(Lokoja) on friday, and when/if the light goes off, it only takes 1hr max before it is restored.

1 Like

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
Its just fair
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by YourMrBoo: 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
I haven't seen light since Friday night.
It haven't been so except their is news of pipe line vandalism or fuel scarcity...

Since I heard that news is always bad with PHCN light.

Fk that shit. I hate lies.
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by otukpo(f): 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Light has been at its lowest in the past weeks. We hardly have upto one hour of light in a whole day. From Ajao estate to isolo to okota, the story is the some.

Why all the lies about 5000mw?

Must they lie with everything?

1 Like

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by ajepako(f): 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
otukpo:
Light has been at its lowest in the past weeks. We hardly have upto one hour of light in a whole day. From Ajao estate to isolo to okota, the story is the some.

Why all the lies about 5000mw?

Must they lie with everything?

you are right..

aviation estate in mafoluku has become worse and we run on gen 24/7

1 Like

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by sokia: 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
cirmuell:
Just got here(Lokoja) on friday, and when/if the light goes off, it only takes 1hr max before it is restored.
you are very right lokoja light has improve before we hardly see light for 2hours but now the story is different thank to change govt

1 Like

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by cirmuell(m): 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
sokia:
you are very right lokoja light has improve before we hardly see light for 2hours but now the story is different thank to change govt
light's been on since morning and even when it went off, it didn't take 15min b4 it was restored. We still have it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by lwise(m): 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
My street takes supply from 33kv line and it has been terrible since they announced 5000MW generation. Its 2hrs maximum in a day,that's when they even bring it.
If 33kv line doesn't have supply that mean a lot of people will be in darkness.
This is not the change we voted for.

1 Like

Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by AbleGodAlways: 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
Useless country, ordinary electricity una no fit give una citizens, yet everyday we no dey hear word. Buhari body odour nko. God forbid
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by bilulu(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
so with these comments can one say d 5000mW is all false?
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by smsshola(m): 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
I think in this country whenever there is achievement in area or sector its advisable the FG jus keep silent. Since the announcement of 5000W light in my area has dropped before it was like 24hours noe its going for 12hours. see the case of Boko Haram too any day FG announced success; the next day is attacks may be naija no like better thing.
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by otukpo(f): 10:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
From friday night till this Sunday night, we have not had up to one hour thirty minutes of light.

We are really experiencing worst times in power generation.

Thank God for Gen sets.
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by blackfase(m): 12:02am On Feb 15, 2016
Badagry/ Ajara town, never been stable in over 15 years, and even worse at d mo. May God save us. Useless country and silly rulers.
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by kingviny: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
You need inverter as backup. Call 07081516945 on how to get this fueless and noiseless power gen.
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by comos: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
Fashola is know to be a propagandist.

This is how they will keep lying to Nigerian that power generation is improved but in reality nothing to show for it.
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by bilulu(m): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
since Saturday nyt till now we never c light...... Karu village Abj
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by dustmalik: 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
It varies from area to area. For instance, in Abuja, most parts of Wuse, especially Zone 6, Zone 7, Zone 2 and Zone 5, these parts have light virtually all the time. Even when it's taken, it's brought back 5, 10 minutes later.
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by bilulu(m): 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
dustmalik:
It varies from area to area. For instance, in Abuja, most parts of Wuse, especially Zone 6, Zone 7, Zone 2 and Zone 5, these parts have light virtually all the time. Even when it's taken, it's brought back 5, 10 minutes later.
u re ryt bro but if u want to go by dat it therefore means dat d whole country is developed...... let's use d satellite areas as d basis not places around Aso villa
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 16, 2016
No light in Kosofe o... No light.. No cold drinks.... well as always dry season don come.. and u expect to get light... pls goan service ur generators... I wish ngenekwenu; Baremx, omonka etc can post deir drinks becoming freezed....
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by jay2pee(m): 6:15am On Feb 16, 2016
D electricity situation here has even become worse. Talking about ughelli, Delta state
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by tunwumi: 6:20am On Feb 16, 2016
Light for here is some how improving
Re: Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 16, 2016
After 5000kw announcement, no light in Ibadan

(1) (2) (Reply)

UN Scrap Armoured Tanks Being Transported To Nigeria To Fight BH? (photos) / Resident Doctors Suspend Proposed Strike / Profile Of SP Emma Ugochukwu Nwakanma, The ADC To The Governor Of Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.