Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? (58308 Views)

How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / Help: Please How Much Will It Cost Me? Sketch Picture Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by benzion72(m): 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nigeria filled with educated illiterate since 1914, Mechanical Engineer, who cannot change his car engine oil, Doctor who consults note. to diagnose patients. quantity surveyors on papers. Ask your landlord, the baba ijebu, baba egbas, how much he paid to construct the house you are now paying thousands annually.
if i am the op i will become shrewd and build two flat with two bedrooms each with no. ceremonies. And become a landlord myself

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by austinbrown: 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
canalily:
do u leave in ceiling?
respect ur self pls
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by preggi(m): 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Eintelekt:

Chisos!!! A window in the kitchen to ventilate the room?! grin grin grin angry

Ayaff die!!!!

Yes, I meant the Kitchen. It is not compulsory but it is better to have a window in the Kitchen.

That was another paragraph and the KITCHEN was discussed. It is better to understand the context before reaching conclusion.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by waldigit: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
agarawu23:
good evening.
Is that building a 3bedroom or 4? How many blocks did u used to the lintel level?
Its 3 Brm all room ensuite and we are presently around 2000
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
agarawu23:
shocked baba can u give us a break down how u spent 450k on your block work of 2 bedroom flat

I am here to learn cool
32 bag of cement @#1,800 = #57.600
Two brick layers and a casual for 6 day = #39.000
10 ton of sharp sand and 10 tons of gravel = #50.000.

2000 pcs of block @140 =#280.000

Total = #426.600

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
Adegbulugbe:
The least you can manage is 6m,cos your foundation nd block work materials alone such as sand,cement,blocks,reinforcement and chipings alone will cost you 1m,then your roof and the wood work depending on the type of roofing sheet you wanna use but with economy it will cost you 500k,your plumbing,gmp,and plastering will cost you in summary 500k management,now considering your electrical,tilling,sanitaries,external work I.e soak away,compound leveling,tank stand and others.....bro 6m is okay,try add up to your savings

Very discouraging.
Even Rome was not built in a day.
Like one architect said,u stop a point where your 3m can get u and continue later when you can rather than saving the 3million and working more,u don't know wind can blow money?
Trying to save more on the 3m can be so tricky!
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by segunmebodinseu(m): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
3million can do anything ,because u will need to buy cement,sand,blocks,slate,wood,paint,tiers etc.Now talking about the workers: digging of ground is involve,workmanship(flooring of the land,setting of blocks,plastering of the wall,carpenter,painting) etc.To be sincere with you,u will need close to 9million to 10million because u are fencing the house.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
agarawu23:
you people are calling millions as if the op wants to build white house.

13 million will build him a standard duplex sir.

We are talking about 3 bedroom flat here even with raft foundation.

Standard duplex?

In which country? Oya com build am make I see

Wont he do finishing?

This is exactly why we have substandard buildings all around. This is Mowe and Ikorodu. Unless of course you want to be dealing with cracked walls and collapsing fences and water attacks, then you can go ahead and execute your project with 6 million. Lets see how long the house will continue to make you proud.

Besides he didn't say he was on a tight budget did he? He simply asked for an ESTIMATE and i gave him a top notch one. Personally I wont spare any expense to build my own home. I would rather go and buy and renovate a flat in a high brow Jakande Estate or LSDPC estate than waste 6 million building a substandard home.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by hurricaneChris: 8:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's a perfect placement.

Expand your horizon.

Could you please open another thread on this topic, lets discuss it there. I dont want us to derail this thread.

If/when you open the thread, please tag me.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by UgoPapa: 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
Depends on the kind of material you want to use. 1). Kind of roofing sheets. (stone coated, longspan, ordinary zinc)

2). Tiles. (China, Italian, ordinary ventrified, marble etc)

3). Plumbing.

4). Electrical; Nigerian wires like cutix, Niger chin etc are more expensive than Chinese wires. Electrical fittings can be expensive but still boils down to the type you want.

5). General finishing; POP/PVC ceilings/ordinary eternit ceiling, wall screeding or you leave it like that after plastering, Type of paint.

However if you want to buy cheap material/labour 3.5million to 4.5million will do the job.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by HRMEzeMO(m): 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
contact an Engr on 08035090318 onyejones56@gmail.com for proper BOQ
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by agarawu23(m): 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ganoderma:

Standard duplex?

In which country? Oya com build am make I see

Wont he do finishing?

This is exactly why we have substandard buildings all around. This is Mowe and Ikorodu. Unless of course you want to be dealing with cracked walls and collapsing fences and water attacks, then you can go ahead and execute your project with 6 million. Lets see how long the house will continue to make you proud.

Besides he didn't say he was on a tight budget did he? He simply asked for an ESTIMATE and i gave him a top notch one. Personally I wont spare any expense to build my own home. I would rather go and buy and renovate a flat in a high brow Jakande Estate or LSDPC estate than waste 6 million building a substandard home.
yes sir
Standard duplex with 13m if you know pass your boundary.

I am a stalker of spider's thread on his low budget duplex and i know how much he as spent and the level of the building.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by 100Cents: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
iamlarry99:
Builders Pls! How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3bedroom Bungalow

How much would it cost me to complete this 3bedroom bungalow without the car park room, in areas such as mowe, ikorodu etc?

N8m with fence, borehole, C of O..
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by agarawu23(m): 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
Rotentina:

32 bag of cement @#1,800 = #57.600
Two brick layers and a casual for 6 day = #39.000
10 ton of sharp sand and 10 tons of gravel = #50.000.

2000 pcs of block @140 =#280.000

Total = #426.600
oga change even remain cheesy

Where did you get a bricklayer that took 39k to mould 2000pcs block?

You no use iron?

1 Like

Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by agarawu23(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
waldigit:

Its 3 Brm all room ensuite and we are presently around 2000
OK sir!
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
agarawu23:
yes sir
Standard duplex with 13m if you know pass your boundary.

I am a stalker of spider's thread on his low budget duplex and i know how much he as spent and the level of the building.

And how exactly do you define boundary.

Remember its a home not a development project
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by thedio(m): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=yemmit90 post=42947625]

Be realistic please. maximum he can spend on blocks work plus workmanship is 500k.

@op, use your 3m very well, i'm sure you may not need up to a million if the money is not enough.

Nawa o, some people just dey call millions anyhow. Well, experience they say is a best teacher.[/quote
500k is small around 800k will complete the brick work with workmanship
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by agarawu23(m): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ganoderma:

And how exactly do you define boundary.

Remember its a home not a development project
https://www.nairaland.com/2712462/making-low-budget-5-bedroom
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by phizzle20: 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
dependin on d foundation type if the soil is gud...with finishes 6 million shld finish it if well managed...4rm xperience as an engineer
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by innie77(m): 9:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
iamlarry99:
Builders Pls! How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3bedroom Bungalow

How much would it cost me to complete this 3bedroom bungalow without the car park room, in areas such as mowe, ikorodu etc?

With modest Finish, max should be 3.5m with external works.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Lanceslot(m): 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
wristbangle:

Never. Him go spend at least 1million on that na. Kilode!
1. How many blocks do he need to build the 3 bedroom bungalow?
2. How much do they sell block around ikorodu/mowe area?
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Engineermbugame(m): 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
tosyne2much:
See as people dey mention millions

God, abeg hear my prayer too ooooo
na smal moni o get place wey i go work d man dey buget 21 million only for lister @hotel
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by tosyne2much(m): 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
Engineermbugame:
na smal moni o get place wey i go work d man dey buget 21 million only for lister @hotel
God dey oooo baba cheesy
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by vitality22(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
Chukazu:
3m should finish that house man
am doing Four bedroom bungalow, we are the plastering stage, so far have spent about 2.5m.. even though I had a lot of waste and dubious contractors.

just make sure the work is properly supervised.
Honestly, I will like to have you builders contacts. I bought a land in mowe and plan to build a duplex there. Unfortunately, my budget is 6million
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Engineermbugame(m): 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
tosyne2much:
God dey oooo baba cheesy
building dey drain money wella
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by ogunsbanjul(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
Within Mowe here it will cost 4.5 millions naira but in Ibadan it will cost 3.9 million while in Abuja 7 million and in Lagos 7.5 million. Thanks
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by tosyne2much(m): 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
Engineermbugame:
building dey drain money wella
No be small money e dey drain oooo
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
agarawu23:
https://www.nairaland.com/2712462/making-low-budget-5-bedroom

You see yourself.

Na una dey lead person enter inside hole.

As at the last estimate of your link the figure stands at close to 5 million and the Superstructure is only barely completed. Roofing has not even started yet not to mention plastering before you now start talking about fittings and finishing which by the way is the most expensive part of a building construction.

Secondly this is Enugu and not Lagos. You cannot compare the cost of labor in both places.

Thirdly, the quality of the blocks used are nothing to write home about. Those blocks will give way with just a small pinch form my fingers. In time the walls of that building will start cracking and you begin to have water marks all over the place. And you know what that means. Mould and fungi with highly carcinogenic properties.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Chukazu: 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
agarawu23:
oga good evening.
I won't MInd if you give me analysis of your building spendings.

You mean 2 .5m took you to plastering level? Which kind of roofing did you used?

no problem.

will try and see what I can do about the analysis because majority are with my younger sister, who though was a bit wasteful but very helpful.. because the house is located in my villa, all I did was send money to her for necessary materials.

have been saving up some pictures and idea to share with everyone, maybe it's time to do so.
just gif me this week to share. thanks
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by Chukazu: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
vitality22:

Honestly, I will like to have you builders contacts. I bought a land in mowe and plan to build a duplex there. Unfortunately, my budget is 6million

will do that sir.
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by topaaz(m): 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
ricki:
Huh
Op state which level u want and ppl will be able to tell you. Your house plan is very similar to mine and I budget 3m for it. Got to the roofing stage now.
when you're through with painting and would needing a cleaner, i'll be at your service sire. 08123198896
Re: How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? by topaaz(m): 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
sheunflexy:
Am a site engineer,it all depend on the metres of your structures and the finishing,you might have taste for good finishing which might cost you more money,but with what am seening,5m should be ok that's if you don't want parapet to be inclusive.
Boss, you can always contact me whenever there's a need for a cleaner. 08123198896

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees / The Nigerian Tenancy Law On Eviction? / Building from the Diaspora: 3 Bedroom Bungalow + Penthouse (2 Rooms) at Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.