Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy (5402 Views)

My Husband Is Ashamed Of Me But I Got What I Wanted / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
Seeing my mates and younger ones getting married...
Living all alone
Cooking and eating all alone
Sleeping and waking up all alone
Working and coming home to meet no one
Driving all d time with no one at d passenger seat
It seems am getting tired and ashamed of this kind of life
...I need to be FOUR
Just 4
I&my wife
2 kids
Pls help is this thought normal for a working class guy
If u ar a young woman and feel d same let's make it a chat

4 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by virginchaser(m): 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
I feel you, what a style to advertise that you are looking for a wife.

11 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
See rant o! LMAO! grin
Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Pineapp: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
Is your husband material up to 27 yards?? embarassed

20 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Atlantian: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
You are just 32. I know very well to do millionaires and billionares at 42, still single and not searching.

11 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by StPete: 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
If your reason for needing a partner is cos of boredom then ur reason is pathetic.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Swissheart(f): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
Companionship is one of the reasons for marriage so you aren't wrong about your thoughts however it goes beyond just seeing a woman beside you. Are you ready for marriage?..... .... I do not think it is all about the age though age, growth, development and responsibility should b hand-in-hand

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by adren(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
Pineapp:
Is your husband material up to 27 yards?? embarassed

just continue with your tailoring work..

if that is you on your DP.. OP would rather wait till he's 50..

5 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by yomi007k(m): 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
I'm 31....

I live like this and I'm very happy.

Na wa oo tongue

6 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by HermajestyQ(f): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
I feel ur pain Oga, now that u r sure u want to settle down, approach any single lady that u fancy. It might just be ur lucky day.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Hollyb(f): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
God will help u locate the right one. Shalom

5 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Ursino(f): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
StPete:
If your reason for needing a partner is cos of boredom then u hav totally failed.

Conversely, you are the one failing, and not the OP; for the primary aim of marriage is for COMPANIONSHIP. Other things might follow, but they are just added advantages.
Go ask any marriage expert.

8 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by StPete: 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ursino:

Conversely, you are the one failing, and not the OP; for the primary aim of marriage is for COMPANIONSHIP. Other things might follow, but they are just added advantages.
Go ask any marriage expert.

U may hav a problem comprehending wat companionship entails. Pls enlighten yourself and get a full grasp of d meaning of words before u quote me next time.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by yvelchstores(f): 1:21am On Feb 16, 2016
mylogic111:
Seeing my mates and younger ones getting married...
Living all alone
Cooking and eating all alone
Sleeping and waking up all alone
Working and coming home to meet no one
Driving all d time with no one at d passenger seat
It seems am getting tired and ashamed of this kind of life
...I need to be FOUR
Just 4
I&my wife
2 kids
Pls help is this thought normal @ 32 for a guy
If u ar a young woman and feel d same let's make it a chat
Don't be so hard on urself. Don't rush it n most especially, dont look for a wife on nl. Start or continue d search in ur church.....all d best.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by MurderX: 3:39am On Feb 16, 2016
Been married for over a decade. Your feelings are absolutely justified, desire for companionship is a key signal.

7 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by SirShymexx: 8:05am On Feb 16, 2016
Being 32 as a guy isn't that old. For most guys, life starts at 30, hence there's a luxury and window of opportunity to make mistakes and live the life during ya 20s. Don't watch others and focus on yourself. At 32 - most of the most powerful and richest guys in the world today, were still trying to figure out what they wanted to do with their lives.

Relationship/companionship is grossly overrated, especially if you're in it for the sake of it. The most sacred and important thing in life is peace. And if you can't get the same peace you get by being alone from companionship/relationship - there's no point being in one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Dyt(f): 12:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
Atlantian:
You are just 32. I know very well to do millionaires and billionares at 42, still single and not searching.

Pls let me meet just 2 of the billionaires
cry cry

6 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Acidosis(m): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
How else do you want to spend your lifetime?

Loneliness is not the issue, the problem is doing the same thing (routine) everyday. Bath, go to work, come back home, and eat. You will do this for 35 years say for instance you work with the civil service, with a wife or not. Don't get tired yet, you've not started.

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by timilehing(m): 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
What exactly are you trying to say undecided You don't have any girlfriend @32 or they are not all good for marriage

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Sunnypar(m): 11:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
The girls commenting you can start by sending them pm
Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Sunnypar(m): 12:00am On Feb 17, 2016
timilehing:
What exactly are you trying to say undecided You don't have any girlfriend @32 or they are not all good for marriage
One need to be careful with the girls outside now...... Women are good pretenders..... Shine your eyes...

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Sunnypar(m): 12:02am On Feb 17, 2016
yvelchstores:

Don't be so hard on urself. Don't rush it n most especially, dont look for a wife on nl. Start or continue d search in ur church.....all d best.
Church Church shocked..... He can try that....but a lot of hypocrites in church today......

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by pretydiva(f): 6:49am On Feb 17, 2016
Why don't u approach a lady n express ur feelings 2 her
Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by jashar(f): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2016
Sunnypar:
The girls commenting you can start by sending them pm

grin grin grin

@ OP, are you mentally, physically, financially, intellectually and emotionally ready for marriage?

Don't let desperation and people's opinions drive you into something you ain't ready for. smiley
'sides, there should be a cutie that's got ya fancy wink

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by StPete: 10:10am On Feb 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 17, 2016
SirShymexx:
Being 32 as a guy isn't that old. For most guys, life starts at 30, hence there's a luxury and window of opportunity to make mistakes and live the life during ya 20s. Don't watch others and focus on yourself. At 32 - most of the most powerful and richest guys in the world today, were still trying to figure out what they wanted to do with their lives.

Relationship/companionship is grossly overrated, especially if you're in it for the sake of it. The most sacred and important thing in life is peace. And if you can't get the same peace you get by being alone from companionship/relationship - there's no point being in one.
smiley

OP, listen to Shymexx.
Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by SirShymexx: 11:31am On Feb 17, 2016
Yieldings:
smiley

OP, listen to Shymexx.

Lol.

My beautiful yield the junior doctor. When are we going to start our companionship? tongue

Who knows where that's going to take us? Erm, still daydreaming about what you look like and you need to make my dream a reality lol.
Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by ancashy(f): 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
yvelchstores:

CHURCH? I LAUGH IN SPANISH. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by ladygudhead(f): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2016
Na waooo!
hmmm...orishirishi!cheesy
Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by ladygudhead(f): 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
Op, just ask yourself what you want.I mean what you really want. U will find your answers within you. I asked myself this same question some few months back,I got my answers...All I do now is watch and wait(as relating to my own answers o).

Stop looking at other people's life.Its not all engaged that are truly happy.You see two persons every Saturday, dancing n smiling to n fro the alta;it does not mean their life the best.It's always the smiling countenance we will always display outwardly.

Singlehood is cool ,as well as Companionship.Emotional attachment is not about how soon but how well! Its about the peace of mind one should derive from it.

The truth of the matter is, no matter how we 'singles' would try to hide it or form tough, we all SOMETIMES wish for a warm mate.A heart mate.But each time one remember that it is not just finding anyone but finding the right one for us,it brings the feeling of contentment.There are right ones o.But there are the one that is RIGHT for YOU(getting the logic?). OK.Now singlehood is the best time of ones life!...Quote me anywhere.Try to optimize it; Make the best use of it.

Marriage is sweet!grin With the right person though.

na for one news recently I hear say peson spouse send am go him afterlife so early so.May that not be our portion.

So don't rush.Don't b desperate.Be patient, watchful n trusting in ur creator.Op,prepare ur mind, heart and self for her.grin

Peace#

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by Bisjosh(f): 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
Op u can lie for Africa sha. undecided
U opened a thread abt a girl u wanna marry.
So why deceive people here? Iranu! angry

https://www.nairaland.com/2840348/she-says-she-wants-pastor
Re: Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy by petiteee(f): 1:27am On Feb 18, 2016
Do Do affidavit and become 23 grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments / Please Any Househelp Agent Here? / Is It A Crime To Love Him?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.