Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? (18397 Views)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Amberon: 11:49am On Feb 16, 2016
I know pastor Chris the false prophet is your hero. Anything he says to you can't be questioned. It is glaringly OK obvious from your previous posts.

Any preacher who says masturbation is not a sin is worse than an murder because he has sanctioned it and is leading people to hell. You can as well say murder is not a sin too but a bad habit.

I won't comment further. Continue wallowing in delusions of your false prophet.
Joagbaje:

I have already ,but have you?

I am ,what makes you think otherwise? Because you don't like my post eh?

Nobody said that but you. Kindly back it up with the word of God

Thanks for the admonition. But what makes him false prophet?

3 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Amberon: 11:54am On Feb 16, 2016
I don't have an iota of hatred in me. I love all equally. Love is the greatest commandment and anyone who doesn't love is not of God. I love Pastor Chris because Christ commanded all Christians to show love.

But notwithstanding, it won't keep me from saying the truth. Masturbation is a sin of perversion and anyone who says it is not a sin is clearly not spiritually inclined. Masturbation is the easiest way through which demons gain access to peoples lives. Looking at a human lustfully alone is sin so what exactly are you trying to prove by saying that masturbation is not a sin?
promisechuks:

Why must you call people false prophet with no good reason, I have explained your misunderstanding.

It is you that needs repentance.

See what you don't know; God will NEVER judge a person based on your view about the person but on his personal view about the person.

Even if you hate him and God doesn't hate him, then your hatred for him cannot be weighed the weight of a dust.

3 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Amberon: 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
Its surprising how people who call themselves Christians endorse that statement. If the holy spirit doesn't convict you of your sin then it means you don't have the holy spirit in you.

When you have the holy spirit in you, there's a constant awareness in you. Just as you're about lying, the holy spirit consists you and tells you not to tell a lie. If you're about committing fornication, the holy spirit does the same thing again.

The holy spirit tells you exactly your faults and let's you know that you need to confess your sins before God

3 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 12:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:
Its surprising how people who call themselves Christians endorse that statement. If the holy spirit doesn't convict you of your sin then it means you don't have the holy spirit in you.

Kindly list out the job of the Holy Spirit, as Jesus told us in John 14:26 AMP

When you have the holy spirit in you, there's a constant awareness in you. Just as you're about lying, the holy spirit consists you and tells you not to tell a lie.

That is counsel... one of His jobs.

If you're about committing fornication, the holy spirit does the same thing again.

what now happens if i fornicates? He convicts me? ...Guess who is my defense counsel? Jesus... How canthese two be fighting on whether I am guilty or not? Jesus made us UNBLAMEABLE, because we have God's righteousness by Him... When I sin, bible says

1 John 2:1King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. [size=18pt]And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:[/size]

His bloood speaks mercy, and the Father forgives, if we ask for forgiveness... but it's babes in Christ that sin willingly.. that's why John said "my little children".

How can the Holy Spirit convict God's children of sin after Jesus called us brethren already? How did we now become sinners, after we're born again?

The Holy Spirit CONVICTS THE WORLD of sin... not God's kids.

The holy spirit tells you exactly your faults and let's you know that you need to confess your sins before God

What you said above is His job too, HE bring us to repentance... not conviction.

I hope you understand these.. they are hard meat sha.... not for babes

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Joagbaje(m): 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:
I know pastor Chris the false prophet is your hero. Anything he says to you can't be questioned. It is glaringly OK obvious from your previous posts.

Any preacher who says masturbation is not a sin is worse than an murder because he has sanctioned it and is leading people to hell. You can as well say murder is not a sin too but a bad habit.

I won't comment further. Continue wallowing in delusions of your false prophet.

2 Timothy 2:24
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

When your communication of the word enter into strife you're in the flesh my friend .

I asked you simply to back your claim with scripture .you can't find any . Only insults coould come out of your empty religous stomach as expected . come out of religion and study scriptures myfriend.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by esere826: 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
una well done oooo

I am pretty sure that when many folks here talk about sin, all they are thinking about is sex

In another news, a number of folks who believe in the grace thing
are also quick to redefine it when it comes to things like tithes and their pastors

grin
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Joagbaje(m): 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:

When you have the holy spirit in you, there's a constant awareness in you. Just as you're about lying, the holy spirit consists you and tells you not to tell a lie. If you're about committing fornication, the holy spirit does the same thing again.

There is a difference between sin and sins. Sin is not conduct it's a nature. The sin of the world which will take them to hell is unbelief in Christ. That's the sin. And that's what jesus was talking about .

John 16:8
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

What is the sin of the world ? Unbelief in Christ .

John 16:9
Of sin, because they believe not on me;

You can see that the statement here is not made for Christians but for the world . Who don't believe in Christ. It's the conviction of their sin nature that lead to salvation.

The singular word for sin refers to nature
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
Joagbaje:

There is a difference between sin and sins. Sin is not conduct it's a nature. The sin of the world which will take them to hell is unbelief in Christ. That's the sin. And that's what jesus was talking about .

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

You can see that the statement here is not made for Christians but for the world . Who don't believe in Christ. It's the conviction of their sin nature that lead to salvation.

Now pastor, remember that Jesus said this will be said to people on the last day:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:22-23
You will agree with me that all those works can only be done by those who believe (not the world that do not believe) just like Mark 16 recorded it!
Meaning we as believers still have to watch and pray and depend on God's grace realising that we are called to:

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord
Hebrews 12:14

2 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Joagbaje(m): 3:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
Now pastor, remember that Jesus said this will be said to people on the last day:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:22-23
You will agree with me that all those works can only be done by those who believe (not the world that do not believe) just like Mark 16 recorded it!
Meaning we as believers still have to watch and pray and depend on God's grace realising that we are called to:

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord
Hebrews 12:14

A christian can lose his salvation. The bible is clear on that . It's a christian who can commit sins. The world cannot commit sins. The world has only one sin. Which is unbelief in Christ.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
Joagbaje:

A christian can lose his salvation. The bible is clear on that . It's a christian who can commit sins. The world cannot commit sins. The world has only one sin. Which is unbelief in Christ.

Thanks a lot pastor!
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Meel: 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
Pls i have a question.
A once saved Christian brother, had some illness, after sometime he couldn't withstand it again, he went to traditional healers for help( was still a believer this time). Later on, he go immensed in there way an got healed. During this process he learnt herbal healing, by this he lose his faith and converted to an idol worshipers.
Pls is God's eternal gift he gave to us still for him?
Because he onced believed, can he still make heaven?
Cccc gombs promisechuks
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by orunto27: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
The Scribes and the Pharisees are hypocrites until they sing the "The Nunc Dimitis". Apostle Paul came, he saw and conquered. He got his redemption before he died and yet he was a scribe.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
Joagbaje:

The problem with this people is that they see sin in act only.

What Jesus saved us is from NATURE.

As we continue in the grace of christ, our mind is being transform.

The problem with these people is that when they are not concern about their nature before God, they are TOO concern to their actions.

I have said it before that; ROM 6:1 is talking about NATURE.

The bible is always clear!

In Romans 6:1;"what shall we say then? Shall we continue IN sin, that grace may abound?"

The problem with believers and this chapter is
that they combine sin, as in, nature and act as act.

Sin are in two aspect BY NATURE AND BY ACTION.

Of which every single soul in this life is sinful by
nature, even if a new born baby, but in the case of
a new born baby he will go to heaven(if I should
say) because the baby has not reached an age of
accountability and of course, didn't reject accepting Jesus.

So, when you see or hear "IN" it is talking about
nature and when you see "TO" it is talking about
action.

The word "IN" in that verse means NATURE and not action.

See the difference; "shall we continue IN(nature)
sin" and "shall we continue TO(action) sin".

That's why he went to the next 2 verses to say;"2.
GOD FORBID, how shall we that are dead to sin,
live any longer thereIN(nature of sin). 3. Know ye
not, that so many of us as baptized INto(nature of
christ) Jesus christ were baptized into his death"
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

The problem with this people is that they see sin in act only.

What Jesus saved us is from NATURE.

As we continue in the grace of christ, our mind is being transform.

The problem with these people is that when they are not concern about their nature before God, they are TOO concern to their actions.

I have said it before that; ROM 6:1 is talking about NATURE.

The bible is always clear!

In Romans 6:1;"what shall we say then? Shall we continue IN sin, that grace may abound?"

The problem with believers and this chapter is
that they combine sin, as in, nature and act as act.

Sin are in two aspect BY NATURE AND BY ACTION.

Of which every single soul in this life is sinful by
nature, even if a new born baby, but in the case of
a new born baby he will go to heaven(if I should
say) because the baby has not reached an age of
accountability and of course, didn't reject accepting Jesus.

So, when you see or hear "IN" it is talking about
nature and when you see "TO" it is talking about
action.

The word "IN" in that verse means NATURE and not action.

See the difference; "shall we continue IN(nature)
sin" and "shall we continue TO(action) sin".

That's why he went to the next 2 verses to say;"2.
GOD FORBID, how shall we that are dead to sin,
live any longer thereIN(nature of sin). 3. Know ye
not, that so many of us as baptized INto(nature of
christ) Jesus christ were baptized into his death"

There is more to Romans 6 than verse 1 bro!!!

19 I am speaking in familiar human terms because of your natural limitations. For as you yielded your bodily members [and [c]faculties] as servants to[b] impurity and ever increasing lawlessness,[/b] so now yield your bodily members [and [d]faculties] once for all as servants to righteousness (right being and doing) [which leads] to sanctification.
20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
21 But then what benefit (return) did you get from the things of which you are now ashamed? [None] for the end of those things is death.
22 But now since you have been set free from sin and have become the slaves of God, you have your present reward in holiness and its end is eternal life.
23 For the wages which sin pays is death, but the [bountiful] free gift of God is eternal life through (in union with) Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:19-23

Meaning we cannot continue in those shameful acts that leads to death (not only fornication) after we believe on Christ!
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Meel:
Pls i have a question.
A once saved Christian brother, had some illness, after sometime he couldn't withstand it again, he went to traditional healers for help( was still a believer this time). Later on, he go immensed in there way an got healed. During this process he learnt herbal healing, by this he lose his faith and converted to an idol worshipers.
Pls is God's eternal gift he gave to us still for him?
Because he onced believed, can he still make heaven?
Cccc gombs promisechuks
He once believed, but his is now believing in idols.

The person is now idol worshipper, right?
Then the person has fallen from faith, nothing more than that.

They that worship God must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The only way a believer who lives by the grace of God can lose his eternal life, is by denouncing christ or by turning away from Jesus or stop believing on christ.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 6:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
There is more to Romans 6 than verse 1 bro!!!

19 I am speaking in familiar human terms because of your natural limitations. For as you yielded your bodily members [and [c]faculties] as servants to[b] impurity and ever increasing lawlessness,[/b] so now yield your bodily members [and [d]faculties] once for all as servants to righteousness (right being and doing) [which leads] to sanctification.
20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
21 But then what benefit (return) did you get from the things of which you are now ashamed? [None] for the end of those things is death.
22 But now since you have been set free from sin and have become the slaves of God, you have your present reward in holiness and its end is eternal life.
23 For the wages which sin pays is death, but the [bountiful] free gift of God is eternal life through (in union with) Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:19-23

Meaning we cannot continue in those shameful acts that leads to death (not only fornication) after we believe on Christ!

That "slave to sin" means being slave to the nature of sin.

Later on that chapter paul was talking about right living and not righteousness before God.

He was advising that since we have been made free from the nature of sin, it is proper that we live rightly.

But see one thing you are not seeing in that chapter.

We are already righteous in christ before living rightly. That's my point!

When you look at righteousness, do it in two dimensions; before men and before God.

Ask yourself this; "why am I righteous before men?" And "why am I righteous before God?"
Answer these questions from the bible and see that the answers are different.

Living rightly is the evidence of our righteousness before MEN and not before God but accepting Christ is our evidence of our righteousness before GOD and not before men.

If I should be the judge as the human being I am; I will judge by the right living of people(ON THE BASIS OF WHAT RIGHT LIVING MEANS TO ME), whether the person is really born-again in the nature of christ and seen as righteous before God, I don't know, therefore my judgement on them must be based on the way I see they live.

Moreover, see the flaw of man's judgement on righteousness; in a case where I am to judge a person who is an idol worshipper(and I don't know about that), but LIVES RIGHTLY(which I know). Of course I will surely congratulate the person as a christian brethen not knowing that the person is an idol worshipper.

But when God is the judge he sees your wrong living as PAID by christ, if you really believe in the finished work of christ for you. Though the wages of your wrong living is death, now you will not die because christ took that death that you deserve on himself at the cross. THAT'S WHY IT IS CALLED GRACE/UNMERITED FAVOUR.

In other words, we are not righteous before God because we live rightly, but because of our ACCEPTANCE OF THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST, that is the reason why God CANNOT hold us guilty to any SIN we knowingly or unknowingly commit.

If God can still hold us guilty for the sins, which he punished christ for, then it simply means, as I said before, that christ was not sacrificed but MURDERED by God.

One more time; we are already righteous before we live rightly, but it is NECESSARY that we live rightly as a PROOF of our salvation BEFORE MEN.

And also, while living rightly, it is not by our effort we live rightly, but by constant looking at christ's LOVE, showing appreciation for his grace and constant looking up to jesus the author and the finisher of our faith which will make you grace-conscious instead of sin-conscious.

I even have a lot more to tell you, but it will get lengthy.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by danfidel01(m): 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

Later on that chapter paul was talking about right living and not righteousness before God.

He was advising that since we have been made free from the nature of sin, it is proper that we live rightly.

When you look at righteousness, do it in two dimensions; before men and before God.

Ask yourself this; "why am I righteous before men?" And "why am I righteous before God?"

Living rightly is the evidence of our righteousness before MEN and not before God but accepting Christ is our evidence of our righteousness before GOD and not before men.

If I should be the judge as the human being I am; I will judge by the right living of people(ON THE BASIS OF WHAT RIGHT LIVING MEANS TO ME), whether the person is really born-again in the nature of christ and seen as righteous before God, I don't know, therefore my judgement on them must be based on the way I see they live.

Moreover, see the flaw of man's judgement on righteousness; in a case where I am to judge a person who is an idol worshipper(and I don't know about that), but LIVES RIGHTLY(which I know). Of course I will surely congratulate the person as a christian brethen not knowing that the person is an idol worshipper.

But when God is the judge he sees your wrong living as PAID by christ, if you really believe in the finished work of christ for you. Though the wages of your wrong living is death, now you will not die because christ took that death that you deserve on himself at the cross. THAT'S WHY IT IS CALLED GRACE/UNMERITED FAVOUR.

In other words, we are not righteous before God because we live rightly, but because of our ACCEPTANCE OF THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST, that is the reason why God CANNOT hold us guilty to any SIN we knowingly or unknowingly commit.

If God can still hold us guilty for the sins, which he punished christ for, then it simply means, as I said before, that christ was not sacrificed but MURDERED by God.

One more time; we are already righteous before we live rightly, but it is NECESSARY that we live rightly as a PROOF of our salvation BEFORE MEN.

And also, while living rightly, it is not by our effort we live rightly, but by constant looking at christ's LOVE, showing appreciation for his grace and constant looking up to jesus the author and the finisher of our faith which will make you grace-conscious instead of sin-conscious.

I even have a lot more to tell
, but it will get lengthy.

I'm sorry but there is nothing to advice.
When one is saved, he can't say he is free from the nature and still comit the act.... c'mon, who' deceiving who??
the Bible says "If the son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed "
Therefore we can't say we have to "try" to live rightly before men. If we have the saving grace, then we know that it is enough to help us overcome sin and sinful lifestyle.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

I even have a lot more to tell you, but it will get lengthy.
As I said before that we are not righteous before God due to the fact that we live rightly but because of our acceptance of christ.

So, let it be in your sub-concious mind that it is an INSULT to the finished work done by christ on your behalf to be justified before God(grace), to say that it is because of your hard work of righteousness that's why God sees as peculiar guy or that's why I will go to heaven or that's why I am righteous before God.

Because, had it been that christ didn't come, no matter how you live rightly you will still end in HELL due to the fact that there is no good in our flesh and we are full of imperfection making us incapable to keep 10commandments and 500+laws guiding it.

At the point, a believer starts to force himself(who is already righteous before God), concentrating in his effort to live rightly, instead of focusing completely on christ's love and grace, that believer falls from the grace and simply, unknowingly live ignorant of God's grace.

The main reasons why people still sin after accepting christ, though they are still righteous before God, are

1. Love of Christ:

They have not so much recognised Christ's love and grace for them. It is only christ love and grace that a person knows, that gives him a massive power to resist sin WITHOUT EVEN NOTICING THE WEIGHT OF THE TEMPTATION. When a person loves christ with ALL his mind, soul, spirit and body, the heaviest temptation that exist in this life, will be overcomed the same way he overcomes the LIGHTEST temptation.

And the love does not just pop up the day the person is saved, but as the person desire to get more revelation on Jesus and his finished work from the word of God.

Reading the abolished mosiac law will not give you such love to overcome sin but rather it puts a veil of self-righteousness, sin-conciousness, guilt of sin, condemnation on the person's face. That's why the law can NEVER tell you that you are righteous before God(that's the need for grace) but rather, as paul the apostle called it a "school master", exposes your fault and condemn that you can never be righteous before God, which will make the person to be living under the bondage of sin-conciousness.

2. Concentrating on your faults and flesh instead of being focused on grace completely:

PERFECT EXAMPLE; when peter saw Jesus on the sea, jesus asked him to come, he was coming to Jesus on the sea, by the faith that he can NEVER sink, but at a point he looked out the other side and began to sink.

Now, peter must have removed his eye from Jesus before he could see the other side of the sea, to see how long he has been WALKING RIGHTLY, how far he has gone in RIGHTEOUS WALKING.

The same is applied to our right living, at the point we start to look at ourselves to see how far we have lived rightly, there comes our DOWNFALL. At the point we start to be conscious of knowing when sin comes so we can overcome, that's when you start to adore your power more than the grace of God and when that happens you will end up seeing how sinful you really are which will be a source for condemnation and making you to tell yourself that you can NEVE ne righteous before God.

3. Self-righteousness:

I have emphasised on this a lot, because it is the main pothole in christianity. Having know that we are already righteous before God, it is NECESSARY we eliminate thoughts of thinking that there are some other righteous works we have to do to be more righteous before God.

When we desire to live rightly it should not be with the desire to be more righteous before God, because when you start to depend on your works that marks your DOWNFALL from grace, but let's desire to live rightly and in holiness to make ourselves the salt and light of the world that people around us will love to enjoy. Nothing less than that!

PERFECT EXAMPLE:

When adam and eve were deceived, the devil said "God knows that if you eat that fruit, you will actually be like God", WHERE THEY WERE ALREADY LIKE GOD, because the bible says that man was created in God's likness and image.

Now, their downfall started when they started to desire to be like God, WHERE THEY WERE ALREADY LIKE GOD", which made them to put in their effort, their effort indirectly became a mockery of the grace of God that initially made them to be in God's likeness and they FAILED COMPLETELY, because from there the image was lost. But thanks to Jesus who has recovered it for us.

Finally, after accepting christ through which is the ONLY way one is justifies and seen to be righteous BEFORE GOD(not talking about men), thinking that you have to live rightly by your effort(always avoiding what is wrong and doing what is right ALWAYS, which is not possible because of our imperfection) to meet God's standard is a SERIOUS MOCKERY OF GOD'S GRACE, because you are indirectly saying that the sacrifice of Jesus for you is INCOMPLETE and INSUFFICIENT to give you the GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE.

We were saved by grace and we have to live by grace.
God bless you!
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
danfidel01:

I'm sorry but there is nothing to advice.
When one is saved, he can't say he is free from the nature and still comit the act.... c'mon, who' deceiving who??
the Bible says "If the son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed "
Therefore we can't say we have to "try" to live rightly before men. If we have the saving grace, then we know that it is enough to help us overcome sin and sinful lifestyle.....
Why do you still find it difficult to understand?
Always sticking to what you think is right. I have said A LOT concerning this!

Change of nature(spiritual by faith in God) is not change of action(physical).

Your nature is changed because you believe in christ but your actions are not changed because you believe but through the transformation of the mind.

That a person who is addicted to porn has accepted the finish work of christ today, does not make the person to COMPLETELY do away and lose desire in porn that same day(NO!) because there will be a lot of temptation that sometimes the person goes back to it again and comes out again(if you will be sincere with yourself), though the person has been changed from the nature of sin and death to the nature of new life in christ(born-again; which comes only by faith). Now, it will only take the transformation and renewal of one's mind, to start believing rightly which will lead to breaking the addiction force of porn.

When a person is not believing rightly, even after being saved the person cannot live rightly.

What brings up right living is right believing which leads to transformation of the mind.

Please try to understand this, I have tried my best on this but you are still getting it in a very wrong way because the Gospel is always clear when you see the REVELATION behind the letters.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
Muafrika2:

I don't hate him. In fact, he's a good preacher. But listening to his summons If you have never bothered to open up the bible for yourself can lead to misinformation.

He has a habit of throwing around scripturally baseless positions amongst his scriptural ones.

That makes him more dangerous. cool

2 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:

In an age with poor reading culture, could this be dismissed with a wave of hand?

This is what John called the spirit of the antichrist!

While the false Christ is merely a pretender to the Messianic office, the Antichrist "assails Christ by proposing to do or to preserve what he did, while denying Him." Antichrist, then, is one who opposes Christ in the guise of Christ.
Vincent Bible Studies

The man of sin is certainly around the corner. The more reason believers should resist deceivers and antichrists in these last days.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Ken4Christ: 12:21am On Feb 26, 2016
My simple contribution to this thread are,
1. The Holy Spirit does not convict the believer. He convicts the sinners.
2, When we fall into errors, it is our hearts that condemns us so we can repent of the error.
3. We are saved by grace but grace reigns through righteousness - doing the right things.
4.We get saved once but you can lose that salvation if you chose to walk in the flesh without repentance.
5. Maturation is a sin. It falls into the class of yielding to the lust of the flesh. And the Bible says that if you live after the flesh, you will die. Masturbation is usually is accompanied with thoughts of fornication and adultery which is another sin.
6. It is good to be conscious of your righteousness in Christ. But you also have to put your flesh under subjection. Paul said he puts his flesh under subjection so he not be disqualified.
7. We are saved by grace and given the ability to live right. But there is another force trying to control you against the will of God. That is your flesh. Which one you choose to follow will determine your destiny - heaven or hell.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
Muafrika2:

Its very serious. Not every other person can just wake up and literally captivate and entice an entire world in the time and space that this has happened.

That is why our Lord Jesus Christ warned us that even the very elect shall be deceived if care is not taken.

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matthew 24:24).

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
Scholar8200:

That is because of the spirit by which he speaks. Paul spake of:

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
2 Corinth 11:4

We have to be careful. My joy, though, is that Moses' rod will always swallow the counterfeits!!!

Amen! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
promisechuks:

Please, you guys should read your bibles well before blindly criticising people's preaching.

What he said is pretty true!

I don't just know the kind of bible you read.

Did your "kind of bible" not tell you that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
promisechuks:

PLEASE, DON'T BE TOO FAST TO CRITICISE,READ ALL, CAREFULLY, TO COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND WHAT PASTOR PRINCE WAS TALKING ABOUT, ON HOLYSPIRIT.

Most people have been led to believe that self-doubt, self-condemnation, feelings of unworthiness, and conviction for individual sins are the work of the Holy Spirit.

But it’s just not true!

Those of you who are familiar with this ministry know that I spend a great deal of time teaching on the unconditional love and grace of God. That is what changed my life. But I can tell by the questions and comments I get that many people still don’t get it.

Because of that, years ago I asked the Lord to give
me a way of expressing His grace that people can’t
miss. That is when He gave me one of the most
important revelations I have ever had about the
positive ministry of the Holy Spirit. Not everyone
likes this, but they understand what I’m saying.

The devil’s favorite tool, religion, has done a great job of convincing the body of Christ that the Holy Spirit is the source of negative feelings. He has believers convinced it’s the Holy Spirit showing them they are unworthy and have to “clean up their acts” if they ever want to receive from the Lord.

The truth is, it’s your heart or, more specifically, your conscience that is condemning you, not God.

That is not the work of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is never the source of any of your guilt or condemnation. He is not the One that makes you feel bad when you sin.

Your conscience is the part of you that condemns
you. And if you are feeling unworthy it’s almost
impossible to receive from God.

First John 3:19-21 says,
“And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and
shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart
condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and
knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.”

This verse makes it very clear: Your heart can
condemn you even though God is not. What a
radical truth, which comes as a complete shock to
most Christians. We’ve just assumed that it is always the Holy Spirit who is condemning us.

Then John said in verse 21,
“Beloved if our heart condemn us not, then have we
confidence toward God.”

If you can reach the point where your conscience is
not condemning you, judging you, and causing you
to feel unworthy to receive, then you will have
confidence toward God, which has great recompense of reward (Heb. 10:35).

Most Christians never reach that place. Most know
that God can answer their prayer; they just don’t
have the confidence that He will, because they feel
unworthy. They aren’t willing to stand in faith,
because feelings of guilt and unworthiness, which they believe are coming from the Holy Spirit, shipwreck their faith.

“Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some
having put away concerning faith have made
shipwreck” (1 Tim. 1:19).

Our conscience is not something we can or should
ignore; it can be trained for our benefit, but it is not
the Holy Spirit. The best way to deal with the
conscience is to, as much as possible, not give it any occasion against us. It can’t condemn you if you
aren’t giving it a reason. However, no one lives a
perfect life and ultimately you’ve got to purge your
conscience from dead works.

Hebrews 9:14 says,
“How much more shall the blood of Christ, who
through the eternal Spirit offered himself without
spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”

In Hebrews 10:22, the Bible says,
“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance
of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil
conscience.”

And in Hebrews 4:16, we read,
“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of
grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to
help in time of need.”

The ministry of Holy Spirit is just the opposite of
what many Christians think. In John 14:16 read how
Jesus describes the Holy Spirit:
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you
another Comforter, that he may abide with you for
ever.”

Notice that Jesus calls the Holy Spirit the
“Comforter,” not the afflicter. It also says that He
will send “another” Comforter. “Another” means one of the same caliber, the same kind. Jesus was and still is a comforter; He didn’t condemn people during His earthly ministry.

John 3:17-19 reads,
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deed were evil.”

John 14:26 says,
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom
the Father will send in my name…”

In John 15:26, Jesus said,
“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send
unto you from the Father…”

And in John 16:7, Jesus continues to say about the
Holy Spirit,
“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for
you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”

There can be no doubt that the ministry of the
Holy Spirit is not one of condemnation; it’s one
of comfort. Jesus said that it was expedient for you
that He go away and the Comforter comes.

The word
“expedient” means “to your advantage.” Jesus is
saying that it’s better to have the Holy Spirit
ministering to you than it is to have Him present in
His physical body. What a statement!

I know someone is thinking, What about John 16:8:
“And when he is come, he will reprove the world of
sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.”

Well, first of all, there is a huge difference between
conviction and condemnation, but let’s set that aside
for now. Look at the next verse. Jesus knew people
would impute things to the Holy Spirit that He wasn’t
doing.

So, Jesus explained very clearly just which sin
the Holy Spirit would convict us of. It is the singular
sin of not believing on Jesus.

John 16:9 says,
“Of sin, because they believe not on me.”

The Holy Spirit doesn’t convict us of lying, stealing,
adultery, murder, etc; He convicts us that we aren’t
trusting in Jesus. That’s the root of every sin.

Technically, people don’t go to hell for their
individual sins; Jesus has already forgiven all of
them (1 John 2:2). People go the hell for the single
sin of not making Jesus their personal Savior, the
complete and only payment for their sin.

Even after receiving salvation, it’s not our
actions (sins) that are the problem but the
heart attitude of not trusting Jesus. That is the
root of all sin. The reason people do dope and alcohol
is because they are turning to something other than
Jesus to dull the hurt inside.

When we lie, it’s because we don’t trust Jesus and
feel we have to manipulate others. That’s what all sin
comes down to: not trusting Jesus. That’s what the
Holy Spirit convicts us about.

Most Christians have not truly understood this
positive ministry of the Holy Spirit. We have made
Him the source of our feelings of guilt,
condemnation, and unworthiness. Because of that,
we haven’t really let Him do His job, and we are
missing the benefits and power of a relationship with
Him.

The Holy Spirit should be your best friend. He was
sent here to encourage you and constantly assure
you of God’s love. He is the most important and most
powerful person in your life. If you haven’t been
thinking correctly about the Holy Spirit, it’s
time to change your thinking.

You will never be able to relate to God correctly until
you understand this positive ministry of the Holy
Spirit. My new and expanded series, The Positive
Ministry of the Holy Spirit, will help you make this
change in your thinking. The Holy Spirit is the great
Comforter, but His positive ministry goes far beyond
that.

You asked God to teach you the ministry of the Holy Spirit and He told you that it does not include convicting of sin? undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by orisa37: 7:24am On Mar 06, 2016
No he is not. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of Righteousness you possess once you are Born Again. So what you have can't convict you. What you don't have once you are Born Again is the opposing spirit of Selfishness. It's the Selfishness in you that will always challenge and convict you till you meet your Advocate in Heaven. May God bless us with Understanding.

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 12:06am On Mar 07, 2016
orisa37:
No he is not. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of Righteousness you possess once you are Born Again. So what you have can't convict you. What you don't have once you are Born Again is the opposing spirit of Selfishness. It's the Selfishness in you that will always challenge and convict you till you meet your Advocate in Heaven. May God bless us with Understanding.
Please, thanks a lot!
The level of the MOSIAC veil(veil of self righteousness) that is on the spiritual eyes of this people is TOO MUCH.

I never wanted share this part of my life testimony, but I have to, for the sake of the grace of God that is about to be released to sincere sinners(not self righteous people, no!). People who know that they are sinners, not only because they commit it but because they know that they can NEVER be perfect, and are now helpless and powerless to be the righteousness of God WHICH IS OF FAITH(not works or right living!).

When I was in there position(pharisee christians), my life was in a worse case. I pretended to be righteous, preach to people, pray for healing and people will be healed, at times, instantly, though I accepted jesus 6yrs ago. But, guess my problem? Early-stage Masturbation, shameful! Which started last year. What of other last years? Porn!

Though, as many christians(self righteous pharisees), I condemned people of their sins and lived as if I am already on the door of heaven. But masturbation was my problem, though I ask for forgiveness. But by God's grace, I've not had sex with anybody up till now(seriously not a lie), it's just God that protected me from doing so, even when the urge was too much.

In those days I will go and preach, jump up and down, pray and things will happen. At a time, people around me started to see me as pastor. But, one good thing about me was sincerity, that I CAN NEVER deceive people around me and at the same time deceive myself, NEVER!!!!!. I know down deep my soul that I don't do what I preach to people, like many other self righteous pharisee christians.

And most times I went to preach and preach right living to people which I never knew was/is leading tonnes of people to hell. That the same night I will see myself violating what I preached e.g watching pornography that same day.

HOW THE GRACE GOSPEL SAVED ME, COMPLETELY ERASED THE ADDICTION OF MASTURBATION WITHOUT KNOWING WHEN AND HOW, AFTER FEW WEEKS OF HEARING AND UNDERSTANDING THIS GOSPEL.(Note: this is the gospel the pharisee christians see as dangerous, but all I know is that God must punish the devil for making the easy way of salvation provided by God, seem too hard for people to believe and be saved)

I thank God for all. As I said before, I repented 6yrs ago. But you know what? I lived for that 6yrs in total bondage of condemnation, guilty conscience, fear of hell fire and especially SIN-CONSCIOUSNESS, because according to me, sin-consciousness is the engineer of the other ones.

That's why, I will never help a person with any of this problems I listed ESPECIALLY SIN-CONSCIOUSNESS, lightly or indifferently(because I know what it is capability of doing one's Christian life).

Now, by God's grace, I started to hear the grace gospel. At first I doubted it, called them antichrists and tell people that they teach heresy. Why? Because I wasn't sincere with myself. And this made me to start reading the scripture properly, laying aside all theology that has no scriptural basis.

The problem I discovered I had, which is most likely the problem of most self-righteous pharisee Christians, was that I tried to JUDGE the bible with my experience, what I think it should be(my imagination) or people's imagination and thought.

So in the first few grace gospel I heard, I was controversial with it. But I caught one rhema, which is "Don't judge God's word with your/people imagination, but put all thought and imagination to subject to God's word".

From there I started to read the scriptures and putting my thought to subjection through God's word. Then the next grace gospel I heard, I started to see the gospel of our lord jesus which is nothing but grace, clearer and the revelation behind the gospel that was revealed to paul in the book of romans.

Through the gospel I discovered many, that I will spend a lot of time to let you know.

But really, I discovered through the scripture that God hates NO MAN, no matter how sinful and wicked you are. I would have told you why, but let that be for another post because of tim

I discovered that what justified me is just ONLY BELIEVING in Jesus but it was the church that introduced the theology of believing+right living. And many other things.

And because I have seen the true nature of God through christ, which no man taught me. I love God more.

Because each time, I imagine the fact that I don't merit to be righteous before God by my righteousness but was freely justified by jesus just to make my whole sinful-pretender-does-the-worst self, I will just start to smile and cry in joy of my strong assurance of eternal life.

I started to have the assurance of salvation conviction of the forgiveness of my past, present and future sins and mistakes, which I never had since 6yrs ago.

The bottom-line, I was SERIOUSLY taken over by the love of jesus, which I have never felt. And the love was too much that I forgot about masturbation and porn. At a time, I lost a total concentration on them.

I never knew that I can lose concentration on these two
things.

And now the grace of God, the most dangerous gospel for the pharisee christians, saved me, gave me what my life of "sin and ask forgiveness" and right living couldn't give me.

And with this, I have made up my mind to spread this gospel of grace around, whether it will cos
t my life, I don't care because a dead man does not fear death.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57am On Mar 07, 2016
promisechuks:

Please, thanks a lot!
The level of the MOSIAC veil(veil of self righteousness) that is on the spiritual eyes of this people is TOO MUCH.

I never wanted share this part of my life testimony, but I have to, for the sake of the grace of God that is about to be released to sincere sinners(not self righteous people, no!). People who know that they are sinners, not only because they commit it but because they know that they can NEVER be perfect, and are now helpless and powerless to be the righteousness of God WHICH IS OF FAITH(not works or right living!).

When I was in there position(pharisee christians), my life was in a worse case. I pretended to be righteous, preach to people, pray for healing and people will be healed, at times, instantly, though I accepted jesus 6yrs ago. But, guess my problem? Early-stage Masturbation, shameful! Which started last year. What of other last years? Porn!

Though, as many christians(self righteous pharisees), I condemned people of their sins and lived as if I am already on the door of heaven. But masturbation was my problem, though I ask for forgiveness. But by God's grace, I've not had sex with anybody up till now(seriously not a lie), it's just God that protected me from doing so, even when the urge was too much.

In those days I will go and preach, jump up and down, pray and things will happen. At a time, people around me started to see me as pastor. But, one good thing about me was sincerity, that I CAN NEVER deceive people around me and at the same time deceive myself, NEVER!!!!!. I know down deep my soul that I don't do what I preach to people, like many other self righteous pharisee christians.

And most times I went to preach and preach right living to people which I never knew was/is leading tonnes of people to hell. That the same night I will see myself violating what I preached e.g watching pornography that same day.

HOW THE GRACE GOSPEL SAVED ME, COMPLETELY ERASED THE ADDICTION OF MASTURBATION WITHOUT KNOWING WHEN AND HOW, AFTER FEW WEEKS OF HEARING AND UNDERSTANDING THIS GOSPEL.(Note: this is the gospel the pharisee christians see as dangerous, but all I know is that God must punish the devil for making the easy way of salvation provided by God, seem too hard for people to believe and be saved)

I thank God for all. As I said before, I repented 6yrs ago. But you know what? I lived for that 6yrs in total bondage of condemnation, guilty conscience, fear of hell fire and especially SIN-CONSCIOUSNESS, because according to me, sin-consciousness is the engineer of the other ones.

That's why, I will never help a person with any of this problems I listed ESPECIALLY SIN-CONSCIOUSNESS, lightly or indifferently(because I know what it is capability of doing one's Christian life).

Now, by God's grace, I started to hear the grace gospel. At first I doubted it, called them antichrists and tell people that they teach heresy. Why? Because I wasn't sincere with myself. And this made me to start reading the scripture properly, laying aside all theology that has no scriptural basis.

The problem I discovered I had, which is most likely the problem of most self-righteous pharisee Christians, was that I tried to JUDGE the bible with my experience, what I think it should be(my imagination) or people's imagination and thought.

So in the first few grace gospel I heard, I was controversial with it. But I caught one rhema, which is "Don't judge God's word with your/people imagination, but put all thought and imagination to subject to God's word".

From there I started to read the scriptures and putting my thought to subjection through God's word. Then the next grace gospel I heard, I started to see the gospel of our lord jesus which is nothing but grace, clearer and the revelation behind the gospel that was revealed to paul in the book of romans.

Through the gospel I discovered many, that I will spend a lot of time to let you know.

But really, I discovered through the scripture that God hates NO MAN, no matter how sinful and wicked you are. I would have told you why, but let that be for another post because of tim

I discovered that what justified me is just ONLY BELIEVING in Jesus but it was the church that introduced the theology of believing+right living. And many other things.

And because I have seen the true nature of God through christ, which no man taught me. I love God more.

Because each time, I imagine the fact that I don't merit to be righteous before God by my righteousness but was freely justified by jesus just to make my whole sinful-pretender-does-the-worst self, I will just start to smile and cry in joy of my strong assurance of eternal life.

I started to have the assurance of salvation conviction of the forgiveness of my past, present and future sins and mistakes, which I never had since 6yrs ago.

The bottom-line, I was SERIOUSLY taken over by the love of jesus, which I have never felt. And the love was too much that I forgot about masturbation and porn. At a time, I lost a total concentration on them.

I never knew that I can lose concentration on these two
things.

And now the grace of God, the most dangerous gospel for the pharisee christians, saved me, gave me what my life of "sin and ask forgiveness" and right living couldn't give me.

And with this, I have made up my mind to spread this gospel of grace around, whether it will cos
t my life, I don't care because a dead man does not fear death.

So you no longer believe that a sinner must repent and believe the gospel to be saved? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:34am On Mar 08, 2016
Joagbaje:

Don't be too quick in condemnation by cherry picking,, try listen to the entire teaching and spirit of the communication.

Which one is 'cherry picking again'? Joseph Prince said and I quote:

"The bottom line is that the Holy Spirit never convicts you of your sins, He never comes to point out your faults".

Are you saying the Holy Spirit never convicts us of our sins? The quote above was taken from his book, 'Destined to Reign'. Are you saying he was only communicating to believers? Does His audience only include believers? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 7:29am On Mar 08, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

[s]Which one is 'cherry picking again'? Joseph Prince said and I quote:

"The bottom line is that the Holy Spirit never convicts you of your sins, He never comes to point out your faults".

Are you saying the Holy Spirit never convicts us of our sins? The quote above was taken from his book, 'Destined to Reign'. [/s] Are you saying he was only communicating to believers? Does His audience only include believers? undecided

You really are a piece of work... grin

a quick quiz...Is 1 John 1 for Believers or Unbelievers? Let me rephrase... Was John writing to believers alone or to non-believers also? If the answer was to believers alone, then i hope you've seen how silly your above bold question sounds. undecided

Meanwhile, he threw you a challenge... fish out one verse that says the Holy Spirit convicts Christians
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
Gombs:

You really are a piece of work... grin

a quick quiz...Is 1 John 1 for Believers or Unbelievers? Let me rephrase... Was John writing to believers alone or to non-believers also? If the answer was to believers alone, then i hope you've seen how silly your above bold question sounds. undecided

Non sequitur. wink

Gombs:

Meanwhile, he threw you a challenge... fish out one verse that says the Holy Spirit convicts Christians

Not just one there are many verses stating that God convict Christians of their sins. cool

1. Both the Father (Hebrews 12:5-9) and Jesus (Revelation 3:19) convict us of sin and the Holy Spirit is a witness for both of them (John 15:26).

2. The scriptures themselves convict us of sin (Hebrews 4:12-13) and the Holy Spirit teaches us the Word of God (John 14:26).

http://cornerstoneworld.org/articles/a_thorough_refutation_of_the_false_grace_heresy_of_joseph_prince_part_3

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Samuel Uche Accuses Buhari Of Plans To Islamise Nigeria / What They Don't Tell You About Atheism / God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.