Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! (19955 Views)

16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business / 5 Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur / ATM Usage Higher In Nigeria Compared To UK - Computer Warehouse Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Dottore: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ok
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by amokeme(f): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
jamarionj:
You Have to Sacrifice Something
I haven’t met a single entrepreneur that didn’t sacrifice something when they were first starting out. Most often people give up a better paying job, health insurance, and retirement benefits but it usually goes much deeper than that.
Entrepreneurs often don’t have the freedom to “leave work at work”. I know many that are “always on” (myself included). They need to consciously force themselves to stop thinking about the work that they do because they enjoy it so much.
When you are trying to make ends meet as an entrepreneur it is also hard to give yourself time off because if YOU aren’t working than YOU aren’t getting paid or moving any closer to where you want to be.
Many others give up time with their family (the very reason a lot people think “working from home” is so great) or delay having kids entirely.
The same goes for owning a home. It’s much harder to get a loan these days when you are self-employed than if you are a typical salaried employee. Underwriters want to make sure you run a proven and profitable business over the past couple years.
And lastly, most entrepreneurs actually downgrade their lifestyle to work for themselves, not the other way around. They live with roommates or parents, eat ramen for dinner, or move to the cheapest countries in the world just so they can do work that matters.
All this to say: being an entrepreneur isn’t always glamorous.
You’ll need to give up something you want to do the work you are passionate about!!!.
this is true but not always the case...
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by PunterTim(m): 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
grin
Entrepreneur 'Trumps'!
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by jamarionj(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Your comments and reviews are welcome.
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by jamarionj(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
steppin:
All these reasons sef! If you have a goodgreat and secured paying job, you don hammer. This entrepreneur bbullshit no dey work for this current economy.
That's the problem with We Nigerians
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by PunterTim(m): 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
steppin:
All these reasons sef! If you have a goodgreat and secured paying job, you don hammer. This entrepreneur bbullshit no dey work for this current economy.
Ironically,the opposite is the case!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by magicfingers009: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
So it takes 5 years to be a Warren Buffet? Please humor me
Feshizzy:
Comparing a forex trader to a paid job,
Well initially, the paid job seems to lead, but after a duration of 5 years, the paid job would be begging to work with a forex trader.
Ask Warren, he's number 3 forbes richest, wink

Regards,
EF
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by netx(m): 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
BIGTinfotech:
An irony!
1000 likes for you
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by futurerex: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
How can we (the entreprenuers) overcome the problem of CAPITAL?
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by BIGTinfotech: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
Aww...Thank You!
netx:
1000 likes for you
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Yeecar(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
inspiring..
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by UcanMAKEaCHANGE(m): 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
steppin:

Have you tried it?
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by AyamConfidence(m): 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Now this is a thread i'm goin to follow...i've never fancied working under anybody so i'm going to work on my own...MMBM so Help me God.
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by AyamConfidence(m): 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
jamarionj:
That's the problem with We Nigerians
leave him na
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by saddabm(m): 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
[/size]I'll be an enterprenuar, MARK my words. [size=8pt]I'll be an enterprenuar, MARK my words. [size=8pt][/size]I'll be an enterprenuar, MARK my words.
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by omolola15(m): 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
The part I love the most about being an entrepreneur is when you have the power over your work schedule. You choose when to rest and when to work. In my case I can decide to play fifa 16 all freaking day. And the money will still fall in. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Feshizzy(m): 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
magicfingers009:
So it takes 5 years to be a Warren Buffet? Please humor me

Theoretically, there’s a strong possibility
If you don't believe well please go get a paid job, I would start my stock training programme. Let's see how it goes on 5 years.

Regards,
EF
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
Make i settle down..... Following
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
Feshizzy:

Theoretically, there’s a strong possibility
If you don't believe well please go get a paid job, I would start my stock training programme. Let's see how it goes on 5 years.

Regards,
EF

I will like to talk with u bro.
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by tkarunwi: 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur

entrepreneurship is not for everybody.

@ Pulsa, you're right. Entrepreneurship is not for everybody, it is a calling. I've been an entrepreneur for the past 5 years now.
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by gtswt(f): 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
It can be very challenging being an entrepreneur. Capital is always a major issue.
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by pulsa(m): 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
tkarunwi:
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur

entrepreneurship is not for everybody.

@ Pulsa, you're right. Entrepreneurship is not for everybody, it is a calling. I've been an entrepreneur for the past 5 years now.
that's awesome, and inspiring, am also one and with all I've seen and gone through, not every body has the mental fortitude to be an entrepreneur.
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by gowaga68: 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
OP: nice one
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Feshizzy(m): 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
Tinydick:

I will like to talk with u bro.

You just did bro.
And I'm still listening

Regards,
EF
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by jamarionj(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
futurerex:
How can we (the entreprenuers) overcome the problem of CAPITAL?
Even if you don’t have the necessary capital at first, you’ll soon learn that a slow and steady process of building the business. start little business to get income to build you business.
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by jamarionj(m): 9:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
Please, go through this information... it Will guide you. @futurerex

How To Survive In Next Year (2016)expectaton of Economic Hardship http://jamarionjglobalventures..com/2015/12/how-to-survive-in-next-year.html
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
Feshizzy:

You just did bro. And I'm still listening
Regards, EF

Ur email abeg.... Or beta,,,,,,, chrisejike16@gmail.com
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Funkychic(f): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
jamarionj:
1. An entrepreneur is a starter. An entrepreneur is an initiator, a challenger and a driver. Someone that creates something new, either an initiative, a business or a company. He or she is the beginning (and sometimes the end) of a venture, project or activity. The entrepreneur might not be the ideator, but he or she is definitely the one that decides to make that idea a reality.

Yes oo....this is really Him. He has it all
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by Okwori12(m): 9:24am On Feb 20, 2016
I've worked so much for people and now I have my own business. but the truth is, the hard work and labour has become part of me. am now working for myself and am always on time. Paying myself salary and disciplining myself...... I enjoy it now because I have the freedom to plan my success
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by jamarionj(m): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2016
INSPIRING!!!

Inspiration depends on where you look. Stare out a window on an overcast day and you might feel gloomy, but watch a sunrise and you might get a burst of new ideas.
These famous entrepreneurs did the hard work of building a lasting company, persevered through failures and adversity, and created something brilliant. They can provide that small burst of inspiration to help you stay with an idea and find success.

1. "I want to work for a company that contributes to and is part of the community. I want something not just to invest in. I want something to believe in." Anita Roddick, The Body Shop

2. "Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough." Elon Musk

3. "If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach."
Larry Page

4. "It's fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure." Bill Gates

5. "I enjoy the competition and the process of learning as we compete. The whole thing is just fascinating. I don't know what I'll do when I retire. When I go sailing, I look around ... anyone want to race? I just love competing as opposed to just going out and watching the sunset." Larry Ellison

6. "Everyone has ideas. They may be too busy or lack the confidence or technical ability to carry them out. But I want to carry them out. It is a matter of getting up and doing it." James Dyson

7. "Every time you state what you want or believe, you're the first to hear it. It's a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don't put a ceiling on yourself." Oprah Winfrey

8. "If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes--then learn how to do it later!" Richard Branson

9. "An entrepreneur is someone who jumps off a cliff and builds a plane on the way down." Reid Hoffman

10. "The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks."
Mark Zuckerberg

11. "Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It's the mastery of fear. It's about getting up one more time than we fall down." Arianna Huffington

12. "Don't let what you don't know scare you, because it can become your greatest asset. And if you do things without knowing how they have always been done, you're guaranteed to do them differently." Sara Blakely, Spanx

13. "Never give up, because you never know if the next try is going to be the one that works." Mary Kay Ash

14. "The job of a manager is to support his or her staff, not vice versa, and that begins by being among them." Bill Hewlett

15. "Avoid openly trying to reform people. Every man knows he is imperfect, but he doesn't want someone else trying to correct his faults. If you want to improve a person, help him embrace a higher working goal--a standard, an ideal--and he will do his own 'making over' far more effectively than you can do it for him."
Dave Packard

16. "If you've got an idea, start today. There's no better time than now to get going. That doesn't mean quit your job and jump into your idea 100 percent from day one, but there's always small progress that can be made to start the movement." Kevin Systrom, Instagram

17. "If you're not making mistakes, then you're not making decisions."
Catherine Cook, MyYearbook

18. "I think not focusing on money makes you sane, because in the long run it can probably drive you crazy."
Kevin Systrom

19. "We led with our conviction rather than rational, because rational said it was impossible." Daniel Ek, Spotify

20. "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney

21. "Micromanage the process, not the people." Joe Apfelbaum, Ajax Union

22. "If you don't define yourself and proactively maintain your identity, someone else will do it for you. The idea that you can be invisible is a myth." Patrick Ambron, BrandYourself.com
Re: The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! by jamarionj(m): 5:59am On Feb 21, 2016
How to start up fund raising an organization (a business )
www.nairaland.com/784839/how-start-up-fund-raising

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. / New Bank Promoters Must Disclose Sources Of Fund – CBN / Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.