Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

What Manner Of A Boss Are You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Manner Of A Boss Are You? (4802 Views)

How Do I Handle Such A Boss / Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B / Hilarious Conversation Between A Boss And Her Employee Goes Viral - People Sha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by BrandSpurNG: 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
“I’ll show you who the boss is in this office. How dare you speak when I’m speaking. You even have the audacity to look me in the eye!”

As an employee, your life and career’s advancement is a big function of WHO you work for.

There are bosses who feel uneasy when their employees are not doing or living well personally and professionally. There are also bosses who don’t give a damn! My brother had been working for a particular company for a few months when his boss summoned him to his office. The boss was concerned that my brother hadn’t bought a personal car. He said no one had ever worked for him that long(few months!!) without having a car. My brother had to tell him that he was building his first house.

The ideal boss makes his employees feel good about themselves. He makes them proud of working for him and his company.

Ideal bosses know how to make their employees respect them. And they don’t make it happen by being bossy! They simply treat their employees the way they will like to be treated! The ideal boss makes the light of his influence and prosperity to shine on his employees. In his light, his employees get their shine!

Written by: Sola Sorinolu, (Christian Educator, Writer, Speaker, and Columnist)

Let’s discuss this, drop your comments below…

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/what-manner-of-a-boss-are-you/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by InfoBase(m): 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
Very true!!! I will also like to add that the key to being a great Boss is humility.

Being humble is the mark of a great leader for many reasons. First, it facilitates community. Other people will find it easier to relate to you if you are humbler and
more like them. This, in turn, draws them closer to you and to each other.

Humility also encourages collaboration. Many people find it hard to approach egotistical people to ask for help or offer their own assistance. This, of course, can kill a team before it even begins. Even when you force people to work together, team members may put forth less effort if they feel the leader is undeserving.

Humble leaders facilitate innovation, as well. They realize that the best ideas often come from beyond their own minds and sometimes, beyond their own teams. Humble leaders encourage creative thinkers to reach into new territories and build new networks and bonds (which, in turn, add to the collaboration power and feeling of community).

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by rodeo0070(m): 6:42am On Jun 27, 2018
True talk!
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Ogbenisoft28(m): 7:09am On Jun 27, 2018
Only God knows

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Mckandre(m): 7:10am On Jun 27, 2018
wink

1 Share

Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 27, 2018
Bad English op
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by dhabrite(m): 7:11am On Jun 27, 2018
There is only one boss I know, and that's ILL BLISS!!!

Oga Boss!!! cool
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Yemicrakz1: 7:11am On Jun 27, 2018
No time

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by devigblegble: 7:11am On Jun 27, 2018
I only have one boss MYSELF
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 27, 2018
Whats d update concering d recent killings in Jos ?
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Finstar: 7:12am On Jun 27, 2018
What manner of boss am I? Well, I'm that boss who recently had his 23rd birthday and yet, have individuals who are three to two times my age as employees.

I'm that boss who can come to the office wearing just slippers and a polo.

I'm that boss who greets every employee, they are my elders.

I'm that boss who fires any employee who's incompetent, I don't care if he has hundreds of mouth to feed.

I'm that boss who takes his employees to a picnic once every month.

I'm a lot of things.. I'm The BOSS and I ROCK.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by CosmeticChemist(m): 7:13am On Jun 27, 2018
OK.. will reply later.
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by legendte(m): 7:15am On Jun 27, 2018
Ok
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by kc2hansome(m): 7:16am On Jun 27, 2018
Being a good boss is more complicated. Most times if you become to chatty and close with workers, it'll breed Insubordination, but also if you become so distance you end up working with workers who are low on morale.
So being a good boss isn't just about being friendly (especially in Nigeria and the mannerless crop of people these days ), it's smartly deciding on which face(frowning or happy) best suit the day even before leaving your home for the office.

ANSWER:
I'm the type of boss who strikes a balance between being a friend and an Instructor to get maximum productivity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by LesbianBoy(m): 7:16am On Jun 27, 2018
Young boss grin grin
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Alvin007: 7:19am On Jun 27, 2018
HUGO grin
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by damola1: 7:22am On Jun 27, 2018
Car... not a bad idea
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by mcfynest(m): 7:29am On Jun 27, 2018
Really... Being a boss with employees made me understand how it felt when i was working ... Subordinates will always grumble
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by CaptainStephen(m): 7:35am On Jun 27, 2018
The listening one, very jovial and I don't compromise on discipline and standards. I am the type who sets a meeting for 7am and arrive 6:30am.
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Delaw135: 7:41am On Jun 27, 2018
I don't take shit cos my boss doesn't take shit too
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by chiboy1116: 7:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Would love the Micheal Scott kinda boss grin
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by libson001(m): 8:03am On Jun 27, 2018
Toyota
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 27, 2018
ain't a boss yet. . An employer and an employee cheesy
check my signature
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Adelivinggreat(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2018
The end is close. Jesus that has been talked and preached about is coming. God only answers one prayer now and Its the prayer of forgiveness. Ask for his mercy and forgiveness,turn away from sin, have a pure heart, be kind, tell someone that Jesus is coming. God only takes the prayer of mercy and forgiveness. Any prayer other than forgiveness is a waste of time.
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by SmartyPants(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2018
It depends on the work environment.
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by jaxxy(m): 8:29am On Jun 27, 2018
U just defined or painted the perfect scenario or picture. There are bosses who are more worried about why u haven't met ur target and u already bought a new car with his money
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by adejaresalami1(m): 8:29am On Jun 27, 2018
I am yet to meet a good one sha.....tho I know there are plenty of good boss out there...Most I have are just dictators and oppressors.
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by showafrica(m): 8:36am On Jun 27, 2018
All Nigerian bosses want to intimidate his or her employees just to show he is the boss. They want to subdue you to the much you feel like trash and worship them. I refused to be that kind of boss.
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by Ten06(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2018
This kind of employer you mentioned above is not found in Nigeria, even if they are in Nigeria they may not be more than 0000.5 of the population
Re: What Manner Of A Boss Are You? by lastmaster(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2018
Finstar:
What manner of boss am I? Well, I'm that boss who recently had his 23rd birthday and yet, have individuals who are three to two times my age as employees.

I'm that boss who can come to the office wearing just slippers and a polo.

I'm that boss who greets every employee, they are my elders.

I'm that boss who fires any employee who's incompetent, I don't care if he has hundreds of mouth to feed.

I'm that boss who takes his employees to a picnic once every month.

I'm a lot of things.. I'm The BOSS and I ROCK.
Pride! pride!! pride!!!.Be humble because it pays.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Bullets For Effective Monetization Of Your Talent Career / The 10 Most Dishonest Professions / Continuing Human Anatomy 200l Or Starting Medicine 100L In Another School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.