Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag (44100 Views)

"Tope Adebutu Said Obasanjo's Daughters Are Prostitutes" - Taiwo Obasanjo / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son" / PHOTO: Osinbajo Gifts Amina Mohammed A Nigerian Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by dainformant(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
Here's a recent picture of the famous man who designed Nigeria’s flag, Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, and his children. The icon is still alive but his present living condition is that of a forgotten hero. In October 1959, a year before Nigeria gained independence, He designed the flag and was paid – 100 pounds, equal to $281 in 1959.

Now at his old age, the living legend now lives in one of the poorest areas of Ibadan. His house painted in colours of Nigerian flag is a distinctive feature in the area and it can only be reached by foot.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/recent-photo-of-pa-akinkunmi-man-who.html

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by herzern(m): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
OP.

Tell me where he lives in Ibadan.I wish to pay him a courtesy visit.

I think the man should be bestowed with the National honour thouqh.

TBH,He made a name for himself already,His name can never be forqotten in the history of this Great Nation.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by swazpedro(m): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
A hero indeed

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Xposer: 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nigeria has no respect for this kind of people ..very bad

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by dainformant(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
cc; lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by PrettyCrystal: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
hmmm. great hero

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by ammyluv2002(f): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
Xposer:
Not even a single one.....very very bad & sad

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by orimsamsam(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
dainformant:
Here's a recent picture of the famous man who designed Nigeria’s flag, Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, and his children. The icon is still alive but his present living condition is that of a forgotten hero. In October 1959, a year before Nigeria gained independence, He designed the flag and was paid – 100 pounds, equal to $281 in 1959.

Now at his old age, the living legend now lives in one of the poorest areas of Ibadan. His house painted in colours of Nigerian flag is a distinctive feature in the area and it can only be reached by foot.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/recent-photo-of-pa-akinkunmi-man-who.html
it just a pity how Nigeria treat people like dis. I know Dis man house and am surprise they ave repented it becos the green and white paint is fading. People like Dis should be celebrated.

4 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by softMarket(m): 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
The Flag is beautiful but the country is Ugly!!!

Shey GEJ gave him salary for life, have they cut it off

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
In order to be honored in Nigeria.. you have to have
1: caused the deaths of thousands by stealing the wealth meant for them
2: awarded your cronies national honors (twice)
3: being on committees of projects like Ajaokuta
4: Former Governors who pride themselves in planting shrubs on roads built decades before their tenure

add yours

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Visible008(m): 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
herzern:
OP.

TBH,He made a name for himself already,His name can never be forqotten in the history of this Great Nation.

Which great nation Abeg no mak me throw gringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hahhaha. The man is not creative at alllll see the nonsense flag. Well,he shouldn't be too pained tho',his people are one part of the problem. The other is @boki.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
herzern:
OP.

Sorry but if he is the one that designed that Flag then he doesn't deserve any award because Nigeria flag is so ugly and drab that i always wear white to chuch on independence day

8 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by iluvdonjazzy: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
Xposer:
GEJ honoured him and put him on a salary scale equivalent to his special advicer, that's over 500,000 monthly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
softMarket:
The Flag is beautiful but the country is Ugly!!!

Shey GEJ gave him salary for life,
have they cut it off
it seems you don't know the meaning of beautiful cry check out Ghana South Africa or even Biafra flag.

That man should go down to Oshodi and hustle abeg

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by iluvdonjazzy: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
100pounds is like 100million naira now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kathmandu:
it seems you don't know the meaning of beautiful cry check out Ghana South Africa or even Biafra flag.

That man should go down to Oshodi and hustle abeg

Hahahhahahahhaa

3 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Not even a single one.....very very bad & sad
What makes that man different from you? Stop all these pitying please.

Nigeria flag looks ugly. Couldn't the man take some cue from the British Union Jack or America Stars and Stripes

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by herzern(m): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kathmandu:
Sorry but if he is the one that designed that Flag then he doesn't deserve any award because Nigeria flag is so ugly and drab that i always wear white to chuch on independence day

Desiqn yours ma'am.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nice to see baba looking cool.

Trues heroes don't survive in Nigeria, they're forgotten as quick as possible while corrupt politicians are conferred all sort of flowery honours and privileges

Truth be told Nigeria is becoming a very useless country, a country that cares not for his heroes, how can a sport minister tell the world he didn't expect his sportsmen to win trophies, the empty head of the red beret wearing idiot should be smashed with the trophy.

I stand with Igbos on the division of this dying, frustrating geographical space called Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
herzern:

Desiqn yours ma'am.

Akwete, Kampala, Adire would have lookes more beautiful as Nigeria Flag.

That man should go down to Iwo road and drive Micra if Oshodi is far for him

4 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Ahmadgani(m): 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
I thought he was placed on life salary equivalent to that of a level 14 officer by the previous administration

3 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by ammyluv2002(f): 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kathmandu:
What makes that man different from you? Stop all these pitying please.

Nigeria flag looks ugly. Couldn't the man take some initiativefrom the British Union Jack or America Stars and Stripes
Seriously? Nigeria flag looks ugly? Did he force it down on anyone's throat? The FG willingly accepted it

Secondly, there's a lot of difference between me and that man. He's a national hero and a senior citizen...these set of people are well respected even in that same American you've just mentioned. I'm not a national hero yet, and I'm no where close to being a senior citizen so you see the difference? It's 7up!

Thirdly, there's nothing like self pity here. Maybe you should check how other countries of the world treats their heroes then compare it with the life that man is living right now.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Se[s]riously? Nigeria flag looks ugly? Did he force it down on anyone's throat? The FG willingly accepted it

Secondly, there's a lot of difference between me and that man. He's a national hero and a senior citizen...these set of people are well respected even in that same American you've just mentioned. I'm not a national hero yet, and I'm no where close to being a senior citizen so you see the difference? It's 7up!

Thirdly, there's nothing like self pity here. Maybe you should check how other countries of the world treats their heroes then compare it with the life that man is living right n[/s]ow.

Firstly Nigeria flag is damn ugly and there is no two ways about it

Secondly If you don't see yourself as a hero in Nigeria then you still have a long way to go to understand that this government made you a hero by giving you the power of being a government on your own by providing every amenities they failed to provide for you.

Thirdly I've just checked how other citizens treat their heroes and i found out they some people they termed heroes while in Nigeria we have 180million heroes.

Don't shine your teeth beneath me for now

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by ammyluv2002(f): 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kathmandu:

grin grin grin grin

It's okay

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nonsense.
Wasn't he paid by the Nigerian govt?
Should he Remain on our payroll cos he designed the flag?

Dude probably wasted his money on more wives, concubines, alcohol and parties.
I mean, what did he do with the money?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by seunlayi(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
this is why I can't blag me the super Falcons for exposing our govt

Cc: lalasticlala, Seun, etc

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Intrepid01(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kathmandu:
Akwete, Kampala, Adire would have lookes more beautiful as Nigeria Flag.

That man should go down to Iwo road and drive Micra if Oshodi is far for him

You sound too mean n saucy for a lady....just an observation. Let's have respect for the elders....btw you should be Yoruba, I guess.

18 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by tit(f): 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
Pa Akinfelu, sorry.
Nigeria is a fraud

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Intrepid01:

You sound too mean n saucy for a lady....just an observation. Let's have respect for the elders....btw you should be Yoruba, I guess.
My tribe doesn't matter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by prince985(m): 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
n
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by mightyhazell: 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
Brigham:
Nice to see baba looking cool.

Trues heroes don't survive in Nigeria, they're forgotten as quick as possible while corrupt politicians are conferred all sort of flowery honours and privileges

Truth be told Nigeria is becoming a very useless country, a country that cares not for his heroes, how can a sport minister tell the world he didn't expect his sportsmen to win trophies, the empty head of the red beret wearing idiot should be smashed with the trophy.

I stand with Igbos on the division of this dying, frustrating geographical space called Nigeria.
be a man and stand on ur own! smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Shades Buhari On Walking 800 Metres In Daura / Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger / Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.