Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment (67458 Views)

Skye Bank Entry Level Recruitment, Apply!!! / Access Bank Entry-Level Training Programme - 1st Of MarchToo 29 March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
foriz4u:
I've failed in al ramifications to understand why banks don't want graduates above the age of 28-35. do they think young people below the age of 26 can't make away with millions, or r all men above 30 married, can't relocate, or can't b loyal n humble to a boss below their age? I do.t get it...

I need some concrete explanations.
they want to stress out the youth in the applicants BTW its not only banks that are particular abt the age thing. Infact once u hear of fresh graduate recruitment be ready to hear such age requirement. Its also believed that young people are more eager to learn, impress and less likely to be burdened by factors such as family, marriage, kids etc. The instructors at the training schools are also young, a mature trainee might get offended if he feels undermined by the instructor (that's when you hear the true Nigerian in them saying "that small boy thinks I'm his mate" )It is also believed that any mature person should not be without core skills and experience unlike fresh young graduates who probably entered uni straight from sec schl. My advice to persons above that age is to acquire skills and professional certifications and apply then for experienced hire. Second best advice.. football age is allowed. My thoughts and opinion though, i could be wrong

6 Likes

Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Kookny(m): 6:39am On Feb 20, 2016
You guys have derailed this thread enough.

MODs please take note and please hide some comments or outright section ban, biko undecided

cc: Davide470
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by theatom(m): 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:
done!
please after applying were u sent an acknowledgement mail?
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by BlackHummer(m): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
theatom:
No
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by DivineKayy(m): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
kyrieEleisom:
they want to stress out the youth in the applicants BTW its not only banks that are particular abt the age thing. Infact once u hear of fresh graduate recruitment be ready to hear such age requirement. Its also believed that young people are more eager to learn, impress and less likely to be burdened by factors such as family, marriage, kids etc. The instructors at the training schools are also young, a mature trainee might get offended if he feels undermined by the instructor (that's when you hear the true Nigerian in them saying "that small boy thinks I'm his mate" )It is also believed that any mature person should not be without core skills and experience unlike fresh young graduates who probably entered uni straight from sec schl. My advice to persons above that age is to acquire skills and professional certifications and apply then for experienced hire. Second best advice.. football age is allowed. My thoughts and opinion though, i could be wrong
I concur...another thing is the fact that they always want to minimize the number of applicants
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by peterbello(m): 1:11am On Feb 21, 2016
excellentmomma:

Which cave did you crawl out from abeg, I only heard of that hand going to your ear from my parents and I'm pursuing 40. All the smart pple I know left the uni b4 28. That's the truth.
If you read well you will pass, you don't need brown envelopes. I'm from a poor home, my parents never paid anyone and I graduated from a Federal Uni @ 24 from a 5yr discipline. I had so many younger pple in my class from poor to average homes too.

All the young chaps I see everywhere, relations, church members none has stayed that long, only in exceptional spiritual cases, then after deliverance God still makes a way for them even in employment.

So don't make it seem like it's normal to graduate late.
The companies weren't established for a "father Christmas" show, they have to employ top notch for better productivity so they go for the best.

I trust when your mates were running and reading, you were busy abusing people like you are doing in your posts so don't take it out on any one, you hear. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Or better still let your parents carry another round of brown envelopes to them for employment.

Smart Madam, what exactly are you looking for in the job section then? #JustAsking

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Ibukun003(m): 2:04am On Feb 21, 2016
Saw this late.
Portal closed already.
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Kookny(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ibukun003:
Saw this late.
Portal closed already.

Oops!

Better luck next time bro.

PS: always be online, as a job seeker

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by theatom(m): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kookny:

Oops!

Lol!! Like say u dt applied ve gotten d job!

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Ibukun003(m): 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kookny:

Oops!

Ye.
Thanks .
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Kookny(m): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
theatom:
Lol!! Like say u dt applied ve gotten d job!

Lol grin

But I did apply, which is the first step.

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Joecares: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nawa oo peeps ere aint friendly @all...Unemployment see wat u av caused to our nigerian youths? e no go better for u...
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by iamgiggssleaky(m): 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
theatom:

No.
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
its a week now dat sterling bank closed dia porter. and I haven't gotten any feedback from dem yet...... or has any applicant received a message, or test invite from dia HR team?
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by amadex(m): 11:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
olusholag1:
its a week now dat sterling bank closed dia porter. and I haven't gotten any feedback from dem yet...... or has any applicant received a message, or test invite from dia HR team?
waiting 4 sterling bank is lyk waiting 4 d second coming of Jesus Christ! Be patient

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Nafizzey(m): 11:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
olusholag1:
Bro is application to this recruitment now close?
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nafizzey:
Bro is application to this recruitment now close?
dia recruitment portal is closed......since last week Friday
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
amadex:
waiting 4 sterling bank is lyk waiting 4 d second coming of Jesus Christ! Be patient
No p. we're waiting ooo. all d same, make dem ansa sumborie quick
Re: 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment by Ayomidetony(m): 10:51am On Feb 28, 2016
Pls any latest on the recruitment,Are they been calling people?pls i need it frm a reliable source

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leadway Assurance Graduate Trainee Test / Differences Between Tradesmen And Non Tradesmen As Regards To Nigeria Army / Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.