Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples (30846 Views)

10 Ministers President Buhari May Sack In 2017 - NigerianBulletin / Lawyers Want Buhari To Sack Emefiele, CBN Governor / 7 Ministers Buhari May Sack Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by agora4now: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2016
nakamora:
It is long overdue,he doesn't fit into the change agenda.We need another CBN governor. He can't serve two masters. Emefuele is Gej/Okonjo boy.
What is the change agenda?

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by CioAngels(f): 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2016
Buhari does not have time for rule of law, so he can hire and fire anybody becos there no strong institution to checkmate him. Pmb, thank you o jare, my brother for north or east go take over.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Enesi47: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
nakamora:
It is long overdue,he doesn't fit into the change agenda.We need another CBN governor. He can't serve two masters. Emefuele is Gej/Okonjo boy.
lol, but GEJ have power to replace sanusi?
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by sunsewa: 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2016
Buhari has no power to sack him,except his tenure as CBN governor comes to end,and bubu can now drop him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Chuksnwafor1985: 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
Fool sack him and emerge the CBN governor... EWU daura
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by erico2k2(m): 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
vigasimple:

Or the lack of policies or direction of a clueless government.
I have asked the most ardent supporter of Buhari, what are his policies on each sector of the economy? Education, agriculture, health etc

Those supporters cannot give me an answer.

Buhari of 30 years ago is not smarter than Buhari of today. Infact, there is no change. He hasn't update or learn anything new.
Policy from where?
How?
When?
The man cannot formulate proper policy for his own health care.
Watch this space tomorrow they are going to come up with another headline to divert and deceive Nigerians again
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by dungburu: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
whatever!
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by sokera: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
hinwazaka:
Let him do it and receive the hammer of the IMF. The office of the Governor of the apex bank of any nation is an autonomous position acting as a representative of the IMF and World Bank in all the respective nation members of the IMF. Just like the NFF, the president has no legal backing to sack and hire the individuals heading this institutions. Emefiele has a tenure of four or five years, the president can only swallow the bitter pill and work with him, or do the impossible and risk turning this nation into an island. But of course, the president is a Nepa certificate holder surrounded by phools
what is this one saying ? But GEJ did to Sanusi right ? Mumu
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by clickwtB(m): 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
PMB PLEASE YOU ARE TOO SLOW,THIS PEOPLE ARE SABOTAGING YOUR GOVERMENT!THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO LAST 3MONTHS FROM YOUR INAUGURATION.THEY ARE DOING GREAT HARM TO PMBs GOVERMENT AND NIGERIANS.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by sammyj: 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
Story, but GEJ has the power. Wailers are hypocrites !!!
resty4:
Buhari has no such power.recall d case of jonathan n sanusi lamido. But d dullard is a tyrant w no regard 4 rule of law, apc wl pay 4 her tyranny!
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by fallout87: 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
Buhari should sack himself after. Who is CBN governor taking orders from? Is it not Buhari that had taken over the monetary policy of the country?

After he sacks this one and appoints another and things get worse..... Who will he blame then?

This is a man who just sacked all the DG he appointed for the budget of corruption.

Blind leading blind

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
chukwudi44:
Buhari does not have the powers to sack him else he would have done so long ago
. But Jonathan has the powers to sack Sanusi abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by hinwazaka: 5:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
sokera:
what is this one saying ? But GEJ did to Sanusi right ? Mumu
Sanusi had almost completed his tenure unlike emefiele who still has four years to go. You are just like the silly ITK student who thinks he is better than his teacher but is actually the biggest dullard in the school.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Jacko1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sack am... Clueless fellow.... The man read economics at all.... Evry single action he took not even one caused a repriev or slight change in events instead from bad to worse to worst sack the clueless man jor... Sack kemi adeosun as well hw can our finance minister be so relaxed in such dire times .... Her name and works suppose grace all dailies but fo wer i hear ben murray bruce pass her sef
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by omolola15(m): 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
resty4:
Buhari has no such power.recall d case of jonathan n sanusi lamido. But d dullard is a tyrant w no regard 4 rule of law, apc wl pay 4 her tyranny!

Enlighten me please. Who fired Sanusi. Did he willingly resign?
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by ElCapone(m): 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
resty4:
and wat happend unda jonah, shey no b technical sack him sack sanusi. Plz wailer go get a life.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Princewell2012(m): 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
This has been long over due.
The enemy of my friend is my friend, while the friend of my enemy is my enemy.

This gorvernment can never move foward with emefele as the cbn. Gorvernor.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by tanteta(m): 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sacking Emefiele, will not make this government better. We are in for change and its about to begin.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
Long overdue
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by jmand(m): 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
If that will help to recover from our current Economic recession, we are welcome with this brilliant idea.
God bless you Mr. President
God bless our fatherland Nigeria
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
Which one is technical sacking?
ElCapone:
and wat happend unda jonah, shey no b technical sack him sack sanusi. Plz wailer go get a life.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Akaujaa(m): 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2016
As an Igbo man, I do not speak out of sentiment but to say the truth, I'll like Soludo to man the apex bank. I believe in him so much. His policy of naira re-denomination that was suspended during the Yaradua era because of corruption, will safe our naira now if adopted.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Sphinx02(m): 6:16pm On Feb 17, 2016
The same guys dat celebrated sanusis sack nw forming constituitional lawyers.. smh
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by figment232(m): 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
jahsharon:

But the ineffectual buffon had power to sack Sanusi Lamido. Godwin Emefiele will not only be sacked, he will also be picked up by EFCC and detained without arrangement in court. Your forefathers are definitely dullards, only dullards can give birth to nonentities like you.
Receive sense in Jesus name!
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by figment232(m): 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
pastormellanby:
The same way ineffectual Buffon removed sanusi without due process pls use ure senses, common sense is not common.
Receive sense in Jesus name!
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by kingviny: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
We need Henry Boyo to head CBN . He is a man to watch.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by raf2angel: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2016
To be candid, he is the least qualified among all past CBN governors. His commercial banking experience alone can not guarantee his competencies. I learnt he studied Banking & Finance.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Deepfreezer(m): 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2016
mtcheeeeew this Government will so deal with Nigerians. very incompetent and clueless government.
The dollar now appreciates every minute of the day.
$1 = 395naira last time I checked ooo
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by senatorbayor(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sincerely, can the president "sack" Emefiele?

I doubt!

The tenure of the CBN gov is fixed and subject to renewal.

His sack is also subject to the ratification of the senate just like his appointment.

He can only suspend him and not sack

The president can only sack the CBN gov based on the 2/3rd ratification of the senate.

GEJ having known that he got no such right, he had to reverse such sack to suspension since our constitution was silence on suspension of CBN gov.

See link below

I won't leave office till June 2 — Sanusi, CBN Gov - Vanguard News
www​.vanguardngr.com/.../wont-leave- ...
10 Jan 2014 ... President lacks powers to sack Sanusi — Lawyers ... to Vanguard, yesterday, maintained that only a two-third majority of the Senate can validly sack the CBN governor from office.

Does The President Have Constitutional Powers To Sack Jega? | Nigerian ...
leadership.ng/.../does-the-president-have- ...
14 Feb 2015 ... When the president sacked the then Governor of the Central Bank was he ... Anyone in doubt should re-read the suspension of the then CBN governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi using an ...

Nigeria's Central Bank Governor axed for exposing corruption ...
mcdaniel.hu/nigerias-central-bank- ...
The President can only dismiss the Governor and others if there is approval from two thirds of the Senate ... After the President sacked the acting Governor of CBN, he then urged Sarah Alade to start her ...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by 1freshdude: 6:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
hinwazaka:
Let him do it and receive the hammer of the IMF. The office of the Governor of the apex bank of any nation is an autonomous position acting as a representative of the IMF and World Bank in all the respective nation members of the IMF. Just like the NFF, the president has no legal backing to sack and hire the individuals heading this institutions. Emefiele has a tenure of four or five years, the president can only swallow the bitter pill and work with him, or do the impossible and risk turning this nation into an island. But of course, the president is a Nepa certificate holder surrounded by phools

Keep quiet and stay off topics you know little or nothing about!

IMF ko WTO ni!

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by john650(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2016
seunmsg:

The president can remove the CBN governor by an address to the senate stating the governor has been found guilty of gross misconduct and of course, with the approval of two third of members of the senate.

If this news is true, PMB should please appoint an Economist as the new CBN governor. We don't need another deposit money bank MD as CBN governor at this point in time. We need a governor that can think through monetary policies before deciding on them.
I should add that we don't need another auditor either, like the Finance Minister, Adeosun, who is half the problem but has no clue what is going on with regards to the economy. Between her and Emefiele, they cannot add two plus two together.

My wish would have been that she and Emefiele be shown the door so we can start on a clean slate.
Re: Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples by Princecharming01(m): 6:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hmmm...Its well in the well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Titi Abubakar: I Married Atiku Because Of His Integrity / Rebecca Ogbuewu Resigns As Umahi's Commissioner For Women Affairs / #SoworeAt50: Sowore Celebrates 50th Birthday, Goes On 50 Minutes Workout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.