Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? (3837 Views)

In Need Of A Serious Relationship To Lead To Marriage / Harmless Things People Do That Lead To Illicit Sex / Facebook Love Leads To Marriage (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by amokeme(f): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I am being nice ... that's why I am asking for the opinion of others who are experienced in some way

Please let me derail small. What is happening in your halls Wby are the guys shouting?

Back to the topic
KingEbukasBlog:
I have always wanted my first relationship to lead to marriage and had given pejorative opinions on relationships that cant/wont lead to marriage . Now I'm older , and I think that's a wrong stance on relationships and think your first relationship should not lead to marriage . Am I wrong ? And you know it could be really bad if your woman should find out that she is a mere object of social experimentation that would help mould your marriage with another woman entirely in the future
cc : Ishilove , mrsphyno Mrsprof, MrsPhyno , amokeme and others ... please help What do you think ?
at the bold, you are also a mere object of social experimentation too.. looking at it from your perspective, because you both are in it together. I'm saying this cos, if it doesn't lead to marriage, there will definitely be a lesson to learn and an idea on what and how you want your next relationship to be. E.g she might want to correct somethings she didn't like about you in her next relationship, or want to inculcate some good things she likes about you into her next boyfriend. And you'll do same. By so doing you both experimented with each other to help mould your marriage to the different people you will get married to..
And having the mentality that your first relationship will be the last (asin, end up in marriage) is wrong on so many levels. Compatibility is KEY and in a situation where you both are not, but you just want to keep patching up things just cause you want it to be your last doesn't make sense. It will hunt you later in your marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Fkforyou(m): 11:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
Personally, I don't like to go into a relationship with the mindset of marrying her, it's suffocation and demands too much responsibility, hence the reason why I don't think my first relationship should eventually lead to marriage.

I prefer to go with the flow and if it eventually leads to the point where I feel that yes, she is the one, then I'll take the step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:13am On Feb 19, 2016
amokeme:

Please let me derail small. What is happening in your halls Wby are the guys shouting?

Dem dey do bring and take with the light and wifi . Are you guys experiencing this problem , its very infuriating angry

Back to the topic
at the bold, you are also a mere object of social experimentation too.. looking at it from your perspective, because you both are in it together. I'm saying this cos, if it doesn't lead to marriage, there will definitely be a lesson to learn and an idea on what and how you want your next relationship to be. E.g she might want to correct somethings she didn't like about you in her next relationship, or want to inculcate some good things she likes about you into her next boyfriend. And you'll do same. By so doing you both experimented with each other to help mould your marriage to the different people you will get married to..
And having the mentality that your first relationship will be the last (asin, end up in marriage) is wrong on so many levels. Compatibility is KEY and in a situation where you both are not, but you just want to keep patching up things just cause you want it to be your last doesn't make sense. It will hunt you later in your marriage.

Hmmm ... you are right you know ... Thanks a lot smiley
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:16am On Feb 19, 2016
Ishilove:

Ehen, Ebuka nwoke, what is her name? Is she fine like Rihanna, intelligent like Chimamanda and a good cook like your mother? Tok true o grin

That aside wink

Lol ... you eh . I wont say till you tell me Lala's gender tongue . wink

It isn't compulsory that your first relationship leads to marriage. Personally I don't believe in casual dating or dating for the sake of it, so if you want to go into a relationship, go with the mindset that this person is a potential life partner. Use the period of courtship to know the person and if it is God's will, marry the person.

Two or three months is enough to know if the relationship has a future. If after this window the person doesn't make the cut, free them.

My opinion

Thanks a lot . I appreciate smiley
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:29am On Feb 19, 2016
MrsPhyno:

@ first paragraph, not true I think.

Op don't overthink it. And don't use anyone as a social experiment. If you're a realistic person, you'll know whether or not you can marry somebody, but tbh that shouldn't stop you from dating them. Depends on your definition of date tho, and I'm not advocating that you go sleeping around with anyone and everything you date. Chastity abeg grin

Mbanu akozina ... sleeping around ke ... lolz

Dating is not prep for marriage. Not in my opinion. So if that's why u wanna do it, don't.

Thanks a lot smiley
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by An0nimus: 12:33am On Feb 19, 2016
gatiano:
If you are observant, patient, and upright; Then your first relationship with your wife may be girlfriend will definitely lead to marriage.
Do not confuse uprightness and/or righteousness with holy holy nonsense.

Even if he's all that and more it's not 100% sure it'll lead to marriage. Well, except he's getting married to himself. There are a thousand and one things that could go wrong with the other party.

lol jmoore, God's grace my brother cool
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Ishilove: 11:06am On Feb 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol ... you eh . I wont say till you tell me Lala's gender tongue . wink

Thanks a lot . I appreciate smiley
Okay, Lala is a dude grin

Oya spit it cheesy
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:18am On Feb 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Okay, Lala is a dude grin

Still dont get why people think otherwise

Oya spit it cheesy

Errmm ... maybe next time ...(you'll get the updated gist) wink

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Ishilove: 7:21am On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Still dont get why people think otherwise

Errmm ... maybe next time ...(you'll get the update gist) wink
Don't let me catch you angry

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nimexy(m): 7:52am On Feb 20, 2016
ChappyChase:
Op the first motor wey you use learn how to drive na your own?

Watin carry motor dey counter relationship bro.. Anyways i get u. 1st relationship 2 mariage is luck; depends on dere understandin, agreement of d mind & spirit . If d mention abv is assured & dere bond is strong wit love mariage s beckon..
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Don't let me catch you angry

lmao ... tongue tongue
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by gatiano(m): 10:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
It will lead to marriage.

Now, The truth is you can never find a 100% perfect woman and there aren't no 100% man. One of the most important thing si to be able to sacrifice 50% of what you want from the woman and the woman too should also sacrifice 50% of what she wants. merger of both of the 50% will simply equate to 100%. Befor you can know your girlfriend or boyfriend, One must first -"Know Thyself".

An0nimus:

Even if he's all that and more it's not 100% sure it'll lead to marriage. Well, except he's getting married to himself. There are a thousand and one things that could go wrong with the other party.

lol jmoore, God's grace my brother cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
cc : lalasticlala

smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Connect / 10 Husband Materials Your Man, Fiancee Must Have 100% (photos) / "He Rejected Me As A Man, I Transitioned Into A Woman And We Fell Inlove"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.