Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? (3808 Views)

In Need Of A Serious Relationship To Lead To Marriage / Harmless Things People Do That Lead To Illicit Sex / Facebook Love Leads To Marriage (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
I have always wanted my first relationship to lead to marriage and had given pejorative opinions on relationships that cant/wont lead to marriage . Now I'm older , and I think that's a wrong stance on relationships and think your first relationship should not lead to marriage . Am I wrong ? And you know it could be really bad if your woman should find out that she is a mere object of social experimentation that would help mould your marriage with another woman entirely in the future

cc : Ishilove , mrsphyno Mrsprof, MrsPhyno , amokeme and others ... please help What do you think ?
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
You guys shd b nice to ladies criosly its too mch dis days if we of no use to u stay away from us!

1 Like

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by naijaboiy: 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
sickstars:
You guys shd b nice to ladies criosly its too mch dis days if we of no use to u stay away from us!
wetin dis one dey talk?

4 Likes

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by chigoizie7(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
No one got into their ever 1st relationship without the intention of settling down with the lover, it just didn't work out.

My cousin met his 1st love as a hundred level student, 8yrs later, they got married. It's been 4yrs now.
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
naijaboiy:

wetin dis one dey talk?

Exactly wat u read!
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by sakabe(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
although I ain't married but I will say there is no specific rule as to whether your first relationship leading to marriage or not. I have seen cases where people married their first boy/girlfriends.

if you are happy with him, you have no problem with him/her , you have no fears and you are comfortable with him, so why not marry him.... but once you are in a relationship and it's getting boring, you are getting tired of it, you don't trust ur partner anymore, it will be senseless to marry such fellow

my advice :
only marry a person you are happy with.. our happiness is the ultimate. marriage is not short time, it's life time! pursue happiness no matter wat!
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Strahovski1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
What about us that got married without any prior relationship undecided
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by cruzita(f): 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
not all first relationship leads to marriage.
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by JUNIT1(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
We wont reply to your topic unless you reference us in your post, OP YOU HAVE MENTIONED ONLY THOSE WHO YOU WANT TO REPLY IN YOUR POST ....SO...CHEERS
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
Nope.
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
JUNIT1:
We wont reply to your topic unless you reference us in your post, OP YOU HAVE MENTIONED ONLY THOSE WHO YOU WANT TO REPLY IN YOUR POST ....SO...CHEERS

No no ... please I need your opinion . I clearly said "and others" too smiley .
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
Strahovski1:

wow ... how did that that happen ?
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
sickstars:

I am being nice ... that's why I am asking for the opinion of others who are experienced in some way
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by naijaboiy: 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
sickstars:

Exactly wat u read!
Doesn't go with topic. undecided
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
naijaboiy:

Doesn't go with topic. undecided

Ok noted!
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by JUNIT1(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No no ... please I need your opinion . I clearly said "and others" too smiley .

Next time mention my name specifically, and I will, cheers
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:
No one got into their ever 1st relationship without the intention of settling down with the lover, it just didn't work out.

My cousin met his 1st love as a hundred level student, 8yrs later, they got married. It's been 4yrs now.
@ first paragraph, not true I think.

Op don't overthink it. And don't use anyone as a social experiment. If you're a realistic person, you'll know whether or not you can marry somebody, but tbh that shouldn't stop you from dating them. Depends on your definition of date tho, and I'm not advocating that you go sleeping around with anyone and everything you date. Chastity abeg grin
Dating is not prep for marriage. Not in my opinion. So if that's why u wanna do it, don't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by chigoizie7(m): 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
MrsPhyno:

@ first paragraph, not true I think.

Op don't overthink it. And don't use anyone as a social experiment. If you're a realistic person, you'll know whether or not you can marry somebody, but tbh that shouldn't stop you from dating them. Depends on your definition of date tho, and I'm not advocating that you go sleeping around with anyone and everything you date. Chastity abeg grin
Dating is not prep for marriage. Not in my opinion. So if that's why u wanna do it, don't.

Ok,not always true, I might be talking from personal experience.

The very 1st girl I got into relationship with, even though I was young then, I never stopped the thought of settling down( I never had the intention of leaving her) I didn't start dating her just to play around with her,

She was my 1st, I had my reason to date her, unlike the subsequent ones. Well, I know every other person can't be gozie.

Btw, what do u have in mind when u are in a relationship with some one u believed to have loved?
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Smellymouth: 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
sickstars:

Na German u dey speak?? cheesy grin
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
Sometimes its good to do things for the fun of it so you can have tales for your children and grandchildren. Also so you'll get a grip of what is expected of you in a relationship. I have led a colorful single life that when I get married I know exactly who and what I'm settling down for.
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Rone16(f): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
It depends on what age you first got into a relationship and your luck(some people are so lucky to find the perfect matches on their first try while some others have to date many girls before they find a spouse) so I don't think anyone should have at the back of their mind that first relationships shouldn't lead to marriage.Just let whatever is going to happen,happen.
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
Smellymouth:

Na German u dey speak?? cheesy grin

No latin british sad
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by ChappyChase: 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
Op the first motor wey you use learn how to drive na your own?
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by gatiano(m): 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
This is a very deep discussion than we can imagine. Back in the days, in the days of the Ancient Ones and Our Ancestors, The first relationship always lead to marriage.
In those days, There was nothing called polygamy. It was carried out by a sciencfic, mathematical and astrological science called "Twin Flames" using the law of complements.

Today, everything is upside down and sideways. We are not as perfect presently, but we should always try and strife hard to make our first relationships lead to marriage.

My Mother (Iya Mi) told me: Son, before you slide your pe:nis into the vi:gina of a woman, ensure that you can wife her, even if you are paying to do it with a prostitute.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Smellymouth: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
grin grin
sickstars:

No latin british sad
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:

Ok,not always true, I might be talking from personal experience.

The very 1st girl I got into relationship with, even though I was young then, I never stopped the thought of settling down( I never had the intention of leaving her) I didn't start dating her just to play around with her,

She was my 1st, I had my reason to date her, unlike the subsequent ones. Well, I know every other person can't be gozie.

Btw, what do u have in mind when u are in a relationship with some one u believed to have loved?
Maybe for guys sha, you tend to have an element of naïveté. But I think for most girls, no matter how much they "love" their first boyfriends, they don't really reallyyy think they can marry them. Even if they think they can, they don't think they actually will. It's not really about playing or being serious, it's just about being realistic.
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by jmoore(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
My first relationship will lead to marriage.
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by chigoizie7(m): 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Maybe for guys sha, you tend to have an element of naïveté. But I think for most girls, no matter how much they "love" their first boyfriends, they don't really reallyyy think they can marry them. Even if they think they can, they don't think they actually will. It's not really about playing or being serious, it's just about being realistic.

Yes, being realistic. Maybe it all boils down to the kinda society we came from. Where it is a man's decision that determines if he should marry a particular girl or not. Well, maybe because I am a guy.

To be honest, I never had d thought of just to play with the 1st girl and move on, majority of the guys are like dat too. Things just don't work out u know.

It is after we parted ways dat I realised that I can not actually marry her and den every other girls I date b4 her became un marriable to me. More reason I detest love, I don't give an atom of effort to try to make it work. I am just like a guy on a raft with no compass and no boa, anywhere the raft takes me, I go see.

Had I been I knew girls never attached much importance to 1st gf, I for be ronaldinho for her 18 yard box nah, I for be c Ronaldo wey go de fight for highest goal scorer of the season nah, maybe b4 I leave her club, I for don score 800 goals in 800 appearances.
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by gatiano(m): 8:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
If you are observant, patient, and upright; Then your first relationship with your wife may be girlfriend will definitely lead to marriage.
Do not confuse uprightness and/or righteousness with holy holy nonsense.

jmoore:
My first relationship will lead to marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by ivyT(f): 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
Strahovski1:
i dey laff o
Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by SexyCeline(f): 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
It's quite possible and very romantic coz you get to love without reservations.. Buh honestly, jst pray you don't fall into the hands of cheater's, liar's etc. Experience taught me first r/shp is only but a gateway to the real thing.

1 Like

Re: Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? by Ishilove: 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
I have always wanted my first relationship to lead to marriage and had given pejorative opinions on relationships that cant/wont lead to marriage . Now I'm older , and I think that's a wrong stance on relationships and think your first relationship should not lead to marriage . Am I wrong ? And you know it could be really bad if your woman should find out that she is a mere object of social experimentation that would help mould your marriage with another woman entirely in the future

cc : Ishilove , mrsphyno Mrsprof, MrsPhyno , amokeme and others ... please help What do you think ?
Ehen, Ebuka nwoke, what is her name? Is she fine like Rihanna, intelligent like Chimamanda and a good cook like your mother? Tok true o grin

That aside wink

It isn't compulsory that your first relationship leads to marriage. Personally I don't believe in casual dating or dating for the sake of it, so if you want to go into a relationship, go with the mindset that this person is a potential life partner. Use the period of courtship to know the person and if it is God's will, marry the person.

Two or three months is enough to know if the relationship has a future. If after this window the person doesn't make the cut, free them.

My opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? / I'm Heartbroken! My Girlfriend Left Me After Everything. How Do I Handle This? / Why Men Should Never Feel Obligated To Spend On Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.