Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,383 members, 7,958,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) (22775 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by mrmachine: 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
greatness22:
This is really good..

#Am proud to be a Deltan.

God bless Delta State.

Olu of Warri, a true Yoruba Oba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by evadreams(f): 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
martineverest:
influence ke? Most monarchs from Edo and delta are directly from oba palace, including the delta ibos.. They are descendants of oba palace. Ascendancy of throne is by primogeniture. Once Benin empire conquers a village or kingdom,a son or relatives of the oba becomes the king of that village

shut up! talk Wetin you know.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
scholes0:

So, what does Olu mean in Bini language?
Im nt benin.. My first postulation may nt b accurrate
If u must knw itsekiri is a mixture of benin and yoruba prior to the arrival of Ginuwa the alreadybexuating itsekiri settlements had no king. So i still believe it is benin
I will ask my benin folks tho
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 3:50am On Feb 20, 2016
jesussaves22:
Has he visited the ovie of uvwie kingdom in effurun He should try and visit
Yes he has visited the Ovie of Uvwie and Orodje of Okpe- he actually visited them first.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 3:58am On Feb 20, 2016
onuwaje:

If u must knw itsekiri is a mixture of benin and yoruba prior to the arrival of Ginuwa the alreadybexuating itsekiri settlements had no king. So i still believe it is benin
Yeah. The first Olu of Itsekiri is Ginuwa, son of Oba Olua of Benin. Also Itsekiris are also an ancestral mix of mainly Ijebu and Ilaje(Yoruba) + Benin(The royalty). There are also links with Urhobo, Ijaw and even some Igbo( notably Aboh in Delta state) according to trusted historians.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 4:13am On Feb 20, 2016
asamaigho:

OLU OF WARRI AND OVIE OF UVWIE, both royal father smiling and jisting in EFFURUN.

no bad blood.
peace and unity
long live urhobo nation
long live iwereland
OGIAME SUO!!
AFOMASIN!
Sir, i want to believe u're Itsekiri. I really want to commend the Olu for his royal tour after his coronation especially with his visit to my Ajuwe, Oharisi III, Ovie of Ughelli- it takes a humble person who wants a good future for his people and their neighbours to do what he has been doing for sometime now. But i hope he'll extend his hands to his closest neighbours by doing something similar with the monarchs of Agbarha-Warri, Okere-Urhobo and Gbaramatu. I'm sure you know what I'm driving at... It'll be very nice.

Long live the Kings.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by asamaigho(m): 8:53am On Feb 20, 2016
Opharhe:
Sir, i want to believe u're Itsekiri. I really want to commend the Olu for his royal tour after his coronation especially with his visit to my Ajuwe, Oharisi III, Ovie of Ughelli- it takes a humble person who wants a good future for his people and their neighbours to do what he has been doing for sometime now. But i hope he'll extend his hands to his closest neighbours by doing something similar with the monarchs of Agbarha-Warri, Okere-Urhobo and Gbaramatu. I'm sure you know what I'm driving at... It'll be very nice.
dats an imposibility,i wont advise such,bearing in mind dat such kingdoms came into existence in 1999)iboris tenure,
b truthful to yourself,will d OVIE OF UVWIE VISIT A KING IN "UGBOLOKPOSO an itsekiri town in uvwie if they hav a king?

will d orodjo of okpe visit a king in "ugwaja" an itsekiri town in sapele?

agbassa,idimi sobo(corruptly called okere-urhobo),gbaramatu were just a town and a quarter and a clan respectively before 1999 ,it was ibru,navy commander walter feghabo and ibori creations to spite d itsekiris.

d truth is dat d itsekiris are being oppressed in delta state because of our population,but we have remained civil,peaceful and non violent.
finally once again,IT WILL NEVA BE POSSIBLE FOR D OLU TO VISIT D AFOREMENTIONED TRADITONAL RULERS,I AS A PERSON WONT SUPPORT IT, UNTIL WE GET JUSTICE.
God bless delta state.

Long live the Kings.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 11:45am On Feb 20, 2016
[quote author=asamaigho post=43086505][/quote] Hmmm. And this is the problem especially in Warri- the Itsekiris will not recognise the Urhobo and Ijaw monarchs and the Urhobos and Ijaws will not recognise the Olu's Warri title and as long as this continues, i don't see real peace in Warri. But lemme take you down memory lane.... The Itsekiris reached a climax of their collective progress at a time where they had no King; After the death of Akengbuwa in 1848 the Itsekiriland entered a period of interragnum(88 yrs) and not until 1936 the Itsekiri had no king but the British treaties of protection were signed with your people during the interragnum... Would you say then that those important events should not be recognised since the Olu did not give consent- there was no Olu to give consent. I suppose you'll agree with me that the traditional authority of Itsekiriland is vested on the Olu hence his office takes responsibility of events which borders on Itsekiri sovereignty whether it was existing at a point or not.
Do you know that the Urhobo people of Okpe also had something similar? Infact their own period of interragnum after the first King is so long that there's no actual record for it hence since the beginning of Okpe monarchy(as old as it is), they've had just four (4) Kings. The people of Okpe revived the title of the Orodje around 1940s, it still took some time and effort before the colonial government recognised his crown in 1942. Fascinating right? Agbon, the 2nd biggest Kingdom/clan in Urhoboland after Okpe had their first king in 1952... Infact of the 22 Kingdoms(Agbarha and Okere inclusive) that make up Urhoboland just a few{Ughelli, Ogor, Eghwu, Agbarha-otor(arguably)} and so on had ancient Kingdoms with Ughelli arguably the oldest with an unbroken line of succession since ancient times but the others had various ways of political administration unique to them. My point is various factors affect people in their political history, and in our own case of the western Delta, the colonial indirect rule system was a very powerful factor in reviving or establishing many of the monarchies we have today, that of Itsekiri inclusive. The monarchies of Agbarha, Okere-Urhobo, Gbaramatu and others receiving recognition from the state govts in 1999 does not mean that they hitherto did not have control over their respective territories. For Justice and peace to reign, we have to live and let live, I'm sorry i had to type this much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by asamaigho(m): 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
Opharhe:
Hmmm. And this is the problem especially in Warri- the Itsekiris will not recognise the Urhobo and Ijaw monarchs and the Urhobos and Ijaws will not recognise the Olu's Warri title and as long as this continues, i don't see real peace in Warri. But lemme take you down memory lane.... The Itsekiris reached a climax of their collective progress at a time where they had no King; After the death of Akengbuwa in 1848 the Itsekiriland entered a period of interragnum(88 yrs) and not until 1936 the Itsekiri had no king but the British treaties of protection were signed with your people during the interragnum... Would you say then that those important events should not be recognised since the Olu did not give consent- there was no Olu to give consent. I suppose you'll agree with me that the traditional authority of Itsekiriland is vested on the Olu hence his office takes responsibility of events which borders on Itsekiri sovereignty whether it was existing at a point or not.
Do you know that the Urhobo people of Okpe also had something similar? Infact their own period of interragnum after the first King is so long that there's no actual record for it hence since the beginning of Okpe monarchy(as old as it is), they've had just four (4) Kings. The people of Okpe revived the title of the Orodje around 1940s, it still took some time and effort before the colonial government recognised his crown in 1942. Fascinating right? Agbon, the 2nd biggest Kingdom/clan in Urhoboland after Okpe had their first king in 1952... Infact of the 22 Kingdoms(Agbarha and Okere inclusive) that make up Urhoboland just a few{Ughelli, Ogor, Eghwu, Agbarha-otor(arguably)} and so on had ancient Kingdoms with Ughelli arguably the oldest with an unbroken line of succession since ancient times but the others had various ways of political administration unique to them. My point is various factors affect people in their political history, and in our own case of the western Delta, the colonial indirect rule system was a very powerful factor in reviving or establishing many of the monarchies we have today, that of Itsekiri inclusive. The monarchies of Agbarha, Okere-Urhobo, Gbaramatu and others receiving recognition from the state govts in 1999 does not mean that they hitherto did not have control over their respective territories. For Justice and peace to reign, we have to live and let live, I'm sorry i had to type this much.

lol!
dats pretty long sha.
i stand for justice,wen justice is served,peace will automaticaly set in.
there is alot of double standard form the ijaws and the urhobos wen it comes to itsekiri issues.

d ijaws want to grab all itsekiri land in burutu and other riverine areas with violence, d urhobos on the otherhans wants to claim UGBOLOKPOSO,in uvwie,ugwanja,ugbeyiyi in sapele,ajagbuodudu in oghara,and many more too numerous to mention.
yet they want us to recognise their communities in the three warri lga.
let justice b done,what is good for d goose is good for d gander.

God bles us all.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
fratermathy:
Good for unity. Urhobo, Ijaw and Itsekiri have been at loggerheads for too long. Let him also see the monarchs of Okere Urhobo and Agbassa.

wat a pity that both kindom re nt that recognized in Urhobo land.. I keep telling people that the only way we can develop is For us to embrace each Other, Itsekiri re very peaceful, Urhobo are gentle, Ijaw are Lovely.. I hope we overcome our challenges.. Nice One from the Olu of Warri

May God bless The big Three'
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
asamaigho:

lol!
dats pretty long sha.
there is alot of double standard form the ijaws and the urhobos wen it comes to itsekiri issues.

d ijaws want to grab all itsekiri land in burutu and other riverine areas with violence, d urhobos on the otherhans wants to claim UGBOLOKPOSO,in uvwie,ugwanja,ugbeyiyi in sapele,ajagbuodudu in oghara,and many more too numerous to mention.

God bles us all.

I think statement like this should be avoided , I understand Your patriotism towards the iwerre nation, But The Ijaws / Urhobo are nt land grabbers.. i keep saying this Everytime, Anyway i hope u learn to forgive and forget, Crisis wont do us any Good..

We Want Peace

Once Again , Welcome Development from The Olu Of Warri
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
Opharhe:
Yeah. The first Olu of Itsekiri is Ginuwa, son of Oba Olua of Benin. Also Itsekiris are also an ancestral mix of mainly Ijebu and Ilaje(Yoruba) + Benin(The royalty). There are also links with Urhobo, Ijaw and even some Igbo( notably Aboh in Delta state) according to trusted historians.

Hehehe, i never hear that stowi b4 oo
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
scholes0:

So, what does Olu mean in Bini language?

Olu to me is an ilaje language, Cous Yoruba don't usually use it , Like i always say the ilaje re mixture of Edo and Yoruba, So the word might originate from benin then incooperared into the Itsekiri/ilaje Language.. hope u nw see y i say ilaje aint yoruba's ? grin grin

cc: Onuwaje, fratermathy long tym oo

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
martineverest:
I never made any blunder, bro....aniomas are partially Edos. Their kings are mostly from Benin. Take it or leave out

i think u should respect the decision of The Aniomas , if they say they re not Linked to edo so b it, u re nt the one to tell Them Where they belong.. hope u get the hyp
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by africandictator(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
onuwaje:

bros onuwaje, if you have read a book titled the history of the Yoruba's you will find out that itsekiri land is the humble abode of the yorubas. before they began to migrate to other areas.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by asamaigho(m): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
Goodboiyy:

I think statement like this should be avoided , I understand Your patriotism towards the iwerre nation, But The Ijaws / Urhobo are nt land grabbers.. i keep saying this Everytime, Anyway i hope u learn to forgive and forget, Crisis wont do us any Good..

We Want Peace

Once Again , Welcome Development from The Olu Of Warri
i love peace,but no true peace without justice.
peace!!! we shall have in excess as long as justice prevail.
Godbless my maternal urhobo nation
Godbless my paternal iwereland
GODBLESS THOSE WHO TRUELY STANDS FOR EQUITY AND JUSTICE.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by asamaigho(m): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
mrmachine:

Olu of Warri, a true Yoruba Oba

true talk
Godbless ma broda.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by scholes0(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
Goodboiyy:

Olu to me is an ilaje language, Cous Yoruba don't usually use it , Like i always say the ilaje re mixture of Edo and Yoruba, So the word might originate from benin then incooperared into the Itsekiri/ilaje Language.. hope u nw see y i say ilaje aint yoruba's ? grin grin

cc: Onuwaje, fratermathy long tym oo

lol, goodboiyy my friend, you are very funny.
Olu is perhaps one of the commonest Yoruba words out there... what do you think names like Olumide, Olu Maintain, Olusola and words like Oluwa means?
The king of Epe and Agege in Lagos are known as the Olu of Agege and Epe
While this man below is the Olu of Ilaro in Ogun state. There are many more examples like that, scattered all over Yorubaland, from Togo to Ifon and Sobe on the Osse River.

[img]http://citypeoplemag.files./2012/09/new-olu-of-liaro.jpg[/img]

Of course, there are also the Olus of the Ilaje Yoruba Kingdoms. Like the Olugbo of Ugbo.
Goodboiyy, both the words Oba and Olu, have nothing to do with the Binis.... you people might have borrowed a lot of words from Edo into your substrate Yoruba original vocabulary, but trust me, Olu is not one of them.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
africandictator:
bros onuwaje, if you have read a book titled the history of the Yoruba's you will find out that itsekiri land is the humble abode of the yorubas. before they began to migrate to other areas.
I stand to b corrected
If the land is the humbke abode of the yorubas. They shud atleast shown some resistance

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by evadreams(f): 10:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
asamaigho:

lol!
dats pretty long sha.

God bles us all.

what are you saying? UGBOLOKPOSO is between UDU, UVWIE and OKPE land... how did the itsekiris migrate there? OGHARA, SAPELE is mainly an urhobo land how did itsekiris migrate there? you see the problem with itsekiris they like claiming territories because they are the minority and feel threatening. those lands were given to them as gifts for settlement but they made it their home because when they die they refuse to take the body back to orede itsekiri and they migrate to that land that's why you see them claiming ownership. There was a time it was announced in all urhobo land to chase the itsekiris away, oghara, sapele and uvwie refuse like that's why they are having issues today.the parable in urhobo land they say never give an itsekiri man a space in your land cause they will end up taking it from you. Before u conclude ask questions and do research, we are all allowing peace to reign...

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 11:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
asamaigho:

lol!
dats pretty long sha.

God bles us all.
Hehehehe abeg no vex. Well, we'll be here for a long time bro, hence we just have to look for a way to co-exist peacefully... We have no other option. Today was Itsekiri day in my school OAU Ile-Ife: it featured some nine lectures, i enjoined starch + eba with Banga soup, danced to Itsekiri.... it was fun. Thanks for engaging me bro.

#GodNoGoLeaveUs

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Goodboiyy:

Hehehe, i never hear that stowi b4 oo
Hehehe. U don hear am now. Itsekiri modern history dates from the
late fifteenth century when the Itsekiri
people adopted a prince from Benin
Kingdom as their monarch. Prior to this
time, Itsekiri lived independently in
different communities that included
Irigbo, Ureju, Omadino and Ugborodo.
With the arrival of the prince and
adoption of the monarchy. These
communities coalesced to become a
Kingdom. The current monarch is
Ogiame Atuwatse II, who was crowned
at an impressive ceremony in 1987.
History reveals that in several waves of
migration before the 15th Century, and
some a little later, groups from Igala in
Nupe country came in through the
creeks; Yoruba from ljebu-Ode, Akure
and Owo found their way into parts of
the Kingdom and a group from Aboh
also came in. Some along the coast came
in through Gulani/Amatu.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 12:13am On Feb 21, 2016
Goodboiyy:

wat a pity that both kindom re nt that recognized in Urhobo land.. I keep telling people that the only way we can develop is For us to embrace each Other, Itsekiri re very peaceful, Urhobo are gentle, Ijaw are Lovely.. I hope we overcome our challenges.. Nice One from the Olu of Warri

May God bless The big Three'
Goodboiyy abeg o. Who says those Kingdoms are not recognised in Urhoboland? Well, for the avoidance of doubt, 2 of the 22 Kingdoms which make up Urhoboland, Agbarha-Ame(Agbassa) and Okere-Urhobo Kingdoms in Warri are well recognised in Urhoboland and also by Delta state govt. The monarchs are the Ovie of Agbarha-Warri(Orhifi Ememoh II) and Orosuen of Okere-Urhobo(Late Benjamin, Okumagba I).
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 21, 2016
scholes0:

lol, goodboiyy my friend, you are very funny.
Olu is perhaps one of the commonest Yoruba words out there... what do you think names like Olumide, Olu Maintain, Olusola and words like Oluwa means?
The king of Epe and Agege in Lagos are known as the Olu of Agege and Epe
While this man below is the Olu of Ilaro in Ogun state. There are many more examples like that, scattered all over Yorubaland, from Togo to Ifon and Sobe on the Osse River.

[img]http://citypeoplemag.files./2012/09/new-olu-of-liaro.jpg[/img]

Of course, there are also the Olus of the Ilaje Yoruba Kingdoms. Like the Olugbo of Ugbo.
Goodboiyy, both the words Oba and Olu, have nothing to do with the Binis.... you people might have borrowed a lot of words from Edo into your substrate Yoruba original vocabulary, but trust me, Olu is not one of them.

some itsekiri/Ilaje also bear olushola and so, you cant tell me cous you bear olu then it originates from from Yoruba, We also use olu grin ..Wat about the Benin word "Oba " that is being used In all Yoruba language ?.. cous my benin frnd told me U borrowed it from benin. did be grateful if you educate me on that.. #Cleartheair

the only few king that i know that bear " olu " , Re : Olu of Warri , Olu ibadan.. shey Agege nor b oba them get ? ...

Some itsekiri loves identifying with yoruba, people like asamaigho and co, luv that yoruba/itsekiri bond grin
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 21, 2016
Opharhe:
Goodboiyy abeg o. Who says those Kingdoms are not recognised in Urhoboland? Well, for the avoidance of doubt, 2 of the 22 Kingdoms which make up Urhoboland, Agbarha-Ame(Agbassa) and Okere-Urhobo Kingdoms in Warri are well recognised in Urhoboland and also by Delta state govt. The monarchs are the Ovie of Agbarha-Warri(Orhifi Ememoh II) and Orosuen of Okere-Urhobo(Late Benjamin, Okumagba I).

Wen i mean not they recognized, i mean nt popular, hw many Urhobo know the king of such kingdom, Wen people like the ovie of uvwie re talking people like the ovie of Aghara can't stand.. Also The "Olu Of Warri" Has more influence than both, If buhari wants to visit warri, The first person he will pay homage to is the Olu of warri.. That y i say they re nt that recognizable, mind u i know urhobo more than you grin grin
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 21, 2016
asamaigho:

true talk
Godbless ma broda.

the rate at which u luv yoruba en.. is ur wife Yoruba ?.. always trying to link yoruba to the Iwerre nation.. to think u re itsekiri/urhobo is somehw surprising
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2016
evadreams:

what are you saying? UGBOLOKPOSO is between UDU, UVWIE and OKPE land... how did the itsekiris migrate there? OGHARA, SAPELE is mainly an urhobo land how did itsekiris migrate there? you see the problem with itsekiris they like claiming territories because they are the minority and feel threatening. those lands were given to them as gifts for settlement but they made it their home because when they die they refuse to take the body back to orede itsekiri and they migrate to that land that's why you see them claiming ownership. There was a time it was announced in all urhobo land to chase the itsekiris away, oghara, sapele and uvwie refuse like that's why they are having issues today.the parable in urhobo land they say never give an itsekiri man a space in your land cause they will end up taking it from you. Before u conclude ask questions and do research, we are all allowing peace to reign...

So if we are to go by ur logic den we are to say that the ijaws found in edo,ondo states are land grabbers?
Look i dont knw what ur parents told u sha

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 8:13am On Feb 21, 2016
Opharhe:
Hehehe. U don hear am now. Itsekiri modern history dates from the
late fifteenth century when the Itsekiri
people adopted a prince from Benin
Kingdom as their monarch. Prior to this
time, Itsekiri lived independently in
different communities that included
Irigbo, Ureju, Omadino and Ugborodo.
With the arrival of the prince and
adoption of the monarchy. These
communities coalesced to become a
Kingdom. The current monarch is
Ogiame Atuwatse II, who was crowned
at an impressive ceremony in 1987.
History reveals that in several waves of
migration before the 15th Century, and
some a little later, groups from Igala in
Nupe country came in through the
creeks; Yoruba from ljebu-Ode, Akure
and Owo found their way into parts of
the Kingdom and a group from Aboh
also came in. Some along the coast came
in through Gulani/Amatu.
Current monarch is HIS ROYAL MAJESTY OGIAME IKENWOLI 1 crowned december 12, 2015
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 8:15am On Feb 21, 2016
Opharhe:
Agbarha is recognised im nt sure of okere urhobo
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 8:17am On Feb 21, 2016
Goodboiyy:

Wen i mean not they recognized, i mean nt popular, hw many Urhobo know the king of such kingdom, Wen people like the ovie of uvwie re talking people like the ovie of Aghara can't stand.. Also The "Olu Of Warri" Has more influence than both, If buhari wants to visit warri, The first person he will pay homage to is the Olu of warri.. That y i say they re nt that recognizable, mind u i know urhobo more than you grin grin

Point of correction olu of warri is the only minarch that enjoys such visit
The only monarch that has chief of staff in warri town is the olu of warri
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 8:31am On Feb 21, 2016
Goodboiyy:

You know Urhobo more than me? Hehehehe, i don't think so. Listen Goodboiyy, Benjamin Okumagba I with his very small Okere-Urhobo Kingdom(arguably the smallest in Urhobo) pulled more influence than many Urhobo hinterland monarchs- Obasanjo visited his Palace alongside Ovie of Uvwie, 'Olu of Warri', and i think Pere of Gbaramatu during the Warri crisis. You must have heard of Chief Essi of Igbudu(1860-1975), the Olotu of Agbarha-Warri. He was the war leader of Agbarha at a time they had no crowned head but due to his influence he was able to establish his authority not just with his Agbarha people but throughout Urhoboland... He became the defender of Urhoboland(Itsekiri sef dey see am run, lol). Ademola Adetokunbo, first Chief Justice of Nigeria heard of his fame and paid a courtesy visit to him in Warri after his retirement. The people who know what is what know them... Hierarchically, Ughelli arguably has the oldest and strongest monarchy in Urhoboland and personally, i see the Ovie of Ughelli(my Ajuwe) and Orodje of Okpe and the most Influential Urhobo kings but we don't have to bellittle anyone. Urhobo o, Ovuovo. Once again u no sabi Urhobo pass me #tongueOut

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 8:45am On Feb 21, 2016
onuwaje:

Agbarha is recognised im nt sure of okere urhobo
onuwaje:
Agbarha and Okere-Urhobo are well recognised.... Unless u're talking of size, Okere is quite small(maybe the smallest among the 22 Urhobo kingdoms)
Current monarch is HIS ROYAL MAJESTY OGIAME IKENWOLI 1 crowned december 12, 2015
Ah, I know na, i was just quoting a 2013 statement.
onuwaje:

Point of correction olu of warri is the only minarch that enjoys such visit
The only monarch that has chief of staff in warri town is the olu of warri
onuwaje:
Onuwaje u're wrong o. Monarchs dont have chief of staff in the first place, elected executive officials( Presidents and Governors) have them, lol. I suppose u meant staff of Office which state govts give to recognized monarchs during coronation. Not just the Olu but Both Ovie of Agbarha-Warri and Orosuen of Okere-Urhobo have their staffs of Office from Delta state govt.
Ah, I know na, i was just quoting a 2013 statement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekpeye Masquerade Festival In Rivers State (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Lagos House Of Assembly (Photos) / French Language Learners.........get IN HERE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.