Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) (22101 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by DaGC(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Good. Peace to all is most highly welcomed smiley
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by DaGC(m): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
fratermathy:
Good for unity. Urhobo, Ijaw and Itsekiri have been at loggerheads for too long. Let him also see the monarchs of Okere Urhobo and Agbassa.

Hmmm
That will be the day.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by AyakaDunukofia: 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
comos:
these monarch are truly descendant from Benin kingdom as you can see in in their dressing and symbols
Oh yea, just as riverine monarchs who adorn bowler hats could be descendants of England?

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by mywells: 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Oni of Ife started this historical visit,God the kingdom.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Walelavender(m): 12:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
angelo5uk:
This is really nice. The Niger-Delta is getting more United everyday.
Whereas some Amala and Tuwo Shinkafa chopping idi.ots will come here and say we are not United in Niger Delta.

Proudly Urhobo
Learn to pass your comment without insulting other tribes on this forum. You don't need to be a tribal jingoist before you express your opinion. You stand to gain nothing dude.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Walelavender(m): 12:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
Unity in diversity. Ooni undoubtedly has given a template to be emulated by other monarchs in this country. Their visits shouldn't be for show business alone, but how ties could be strengthened between them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by asamaigho(m): 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
jesussaves22:
Has he visited the ovie of uvwie kingdom in effurun He should try and visit

OLU OF WARRI AND OVIE OF UVWIE, both royal father smiling and jisting in EFFURUN.

no bad blood.
peace and unity
long live urhobo nation
long live iwereland
OGIAME SUO!!
AFOMASIN!

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by LKO(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
The Olu last month visited the Ovie of Uvwie kingdom.

1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Pascal181: 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
dipopooo:
copy copy pple... New Ooni of ife teaching kings hw to live in peace.

#YorubaRules
And what is wrong if somone/people copy what is right?
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by santosesq1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
No matter the dubbling of the sea the calabash must float. Finally he became the king. Proudly Urhobo,Itsekiri & Ijawlong live my Father & Mother side. Amorighoye
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by IceDude(m): 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
dipopooo:
copy copy pple... New Ooni of ife teaching kings hw to live in peace.

#YorubaRules
So its now a crime to copy good things shebi? Na people like u nai dey cause trouble for Nigeria so..... Ewu
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by martineverest(m): 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
PFRB:

It is an influence not because of descendance.
influence ke? Most monarchs from Edo and delta are directly from oba palace, including the delta ibos.. They are descendants of oba palace. Ascendancy of throne is by primogeniture. Once Benin empire conquers a village or kingdom,a son or relatives of the oba becomes the king of that village
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by dipopooo(m): 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
IceDude:
So its now a crime to copy good things shebi? Na people like u nai dey cause trouble for Nigeria so..... Ewu

Ode... We ar still saying d
same tin.. We (yoruba) lead others follow
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by dipopooo(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pascal181:

And what is wrong if somone/people copy what is right?

Nothing wrong my bro jux tryin to say we (yoruba) lead while others follow.. Thank u
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by gGGODDd(m): 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mprepz:
fück tradition..
U are such a lost senseless Bastardd (lsb)

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by coputa(m): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
EROMS38:
He also needs 2 visit d Oba of benin.
Can't you solve the maths.He is trying to unite the three major ethnic groups in warri by this visit,he has erase the long time animosity and hatred that existed for long among them.This new olu is a blessing to the Itsekiris and warri in general.A quintessential ruler.Ogiame suo oo
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by coputa(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Timileyin008:
He forget to visit ilaje ni
Is Illaje in Warri nay Delta state,The Olu is a first class traditional ruler that sit atop enormous wealth. He nor dey waka anyhow.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by badesco(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
He is following Ooni's footstep. A right step in right direvtion..
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Ugomba(m): 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
martineverest:
influence ke? Most monarchs from Edo and delta are directly from oba palace, including the delta ibos.. They are descendants of oba palace. Ascendancy of throne is by primogeniture. Once Benin empire conquers a village or kingdom,a son or relatives of the oba becomes the king of that village
stop displaying ur ignorance in public, Our Anioma royalties are NOT under Benin.
I don't know why you Edos think that every subgroups in Southern Nigeria have a link to Benin.
Its a show of arrogance.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by martineverest(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ugomba:
stop displaying ur ignorance in public, Our Anioma royalties are NOT under Benin.
I don't know why you Edos think that every subgroups in Southern Nigeria have a link to Benin.
Its a show of arrogance.
who brought the current dein of agbor up?
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by coputa(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
fratermathy:
Good for unity. Urhobo, Ijaw and Itsekiri have been at loggerheads for too long. Let him also see the monarchs of Okere Urhobo and Agbassa.
Okere and Agbassa are mere political kingdoms without a sitting manarch which was created without staff of office to justify and equate the struggle for warri kingdom.The olu is a first class traditional ruler,he cannot stoop so low as to visit them,hence he chooses the most senior king in Urhoboland.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
jesussaves22:
Has he visited the ovie of uvwie kingdom in effurun He should try and visit
Before u open ur mouth and talk nonsense
He visited ovie of uvwie

1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Ugomba(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
martineverest:
who brought the current dein of agbor up?
it means nothing.
anyone can train anyone up.
The word DEIN is not a benin word but A coined Igbo Word DEE or DEDE which all means Senior One.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Timileyin008: 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
This one wey he come waka now no be wakawaka bah
coputa:
Is Illaje in Warri nay Delta state,The Olu is a first class traditional ruler that sit atop enormous wealth. He nor dey waka anyhow.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Dindondin(m): 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
comos:
these monarch are truly descendant from Benin kingdom as you can see in in their dressing and symbols
yes.
but the name Olu, is it Yoruba or Benin?
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by martineverest(m): 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ugomba:
it means nothing.
anyone can train anyone up.
The word DEIN is not a benin word but A coined Igbo Word DEE or DEDE which all means Senior One.

take your biafran mentality elsewhere
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by ajademola2000(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
Consultville:
Yes ooo, see Ooni legacy
We lead, they follow lol
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Ugomba(m): 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
martineverest:
take your biafran mentality elsewhere
stop being emotional, I am not a biafran, I am tackling u on ur blunder.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by martineverest(m): 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ugomba:
I never made any blunder, bro....aniomas are partially Edos. Their kings are mostly from Benin. Take it or leave out

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by martineverest(m): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ugomba:
I never made any blunder, bro....aniomas are partially Edos. Their kings are mostly from Benin. Take it or leave out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Dindondin:
yes.
but the name Olu, is it Yoruba or Benin?
Ginuwa who was the first itsekiri king is the son of oba olua.. So he decided to answer the title of his father... So i believe its benin
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by scholes0(m): 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
onuwaje:

Ginuwa who was the first itsekiri king is the son of oba olua.. So he decided to answer the title of his father... So i believe its benin

So, what does Olu mean in Bini language?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Idoma International Carnival 2017 / Ex-ghanaian President, John Dramani Mahana Pays Courtesy Visit To Ooni Of Ife / 7 Traditions That Are Peculiar To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.