Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) (22107 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 9:33am On Feb 21, 2016
Opharhe:
Ah, I know na, i was just quoting a 2013 statement. Ah, I know na, i was just quoting a 2013 statement.

I will confirm
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by asamaigho(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
Goodboiyy:

the rate at which u luv yoruba en.. is ur wife Yoruba ?.. always trying to link yoruba to the Iwerre nation.. to think u re itsekiri/urhobo is somehw surprising
@goodboiy,i love different tribes for different reason,
1.i love urhobos cos they are industrious even more than d itsekiris,they bery hospitable aswell.
2.i love d igbos for their hardworking nature,but politically,they are too sentimental,i really dont like dat.
3. the average itsekiriman is less industrious and depends on shell and chevron contracts for everything,dat 2lame for me and i dislike everybit dat.
4. i love d yoruba style of politics,rhey are largely unsentimental.but i also think they are cunning too,dats a no no.
my broda,am neither here no dere,just do d right tin,dem an ur friend.

api sunday.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 7:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
asamaigho:

@goodboiy,i love different tribes for different reason,
1.i love urhobos cos they are industrious even more than d itsekiris,they bery hospitable aswell.
2.i love d igbos for their hardworking nature,but politically,they are too sentimental,i really dont like dat.
3. the average itsekiriman is less industrious and depends on shell and chevron contracts for everything,dat 2lame for me and i dislike everybit dat.
4. i love d yoruba style of politics,rhey are largely unsentimental.but i also think they are cunning too,dats a no no.
my broda,am neither here no dere,just do d right tin,dem an ur friend.

api sunday.
So before the discovery of crude oil... What means were d itsekiri used in terms of surviving
In as much as i cant query u for ur own view
U also just took a jibe at oil producing ethnic groups because its nt only the itsekiris who are d only one depending on oil

Or wud u say u dislike the ikwerre people because they place more importance on land?

If the urhobos are as highly industrious as u claim can u tell me 5 industrious urhobo men that are known nationwide in comparism to innoson, dangote or adenuga?
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by asamaigho(m): 7:14am On Feb 22, 2016
onuwaje:

So before the discovery of crude oil... What means were d itsekiri used in terms of surviving
In as much as i cant query u for ur own view
U also just took a jibe at oil producing ethnic groups because its nt only the itsekiris who are d only one depending on oil

Or wud u say u dislike the ikwerre people because they place more importance on land?

If the urhobos are as highly industrious as u claim can u tell me 5 industrious urhobo men that are known nationwide in comparism to innoson, dangote or adenuga?

onuwaje,all i said was just a comparation on d average,
d itsekiris are wealthy people,evryone knows dat,but dis days,its almost imposible to see an itsekiri youth with real entreprenuership drive,u hardly find dem as tailors,welders,divers,...d list goes on.it seems d highest desires of our youths is to work in chevron,buy a rangerover and intimidate as much as u can,o find dat really "visionless",my broda,with all due respect,we need to brighten our horizon,we cant keep living in old glory.
lets b sincere with ourselves,even in d just completed egtl project,most of the skilled workers were urhobos,
onless dis trend is changed,in d next 5 to 10yrs,we may not have true political voice.we cannot continue to bank on characters like ayiri,ejele.,.e'tal as d iwere mouthpiece,i know we need dem,but we are obviously in need of sound and "learned comrades" not some half baked self acclaimed political analyst which withstand national politic/socio-econmic debates,
as well real busness gurus not those who will kill fellow iwereblood just to get "contracts" from d IOCs.
where are the REWANES,D,MICHAEL ARTHUR,KSB OMATSEYES?

i don tire to type abeg we need change , gewd nite omere.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by onuwaje(m): 7:46am On Feb 22, 2016
asamaigho:

d itsekiris are wealthy people,evryone knows dat,but dis days,its almost imposible to see an itsekiri youth with real entreprenuership drive,u hardly find dem as tailors,welders,divers,...d list goes on.it seems d highest desires of our youths is to work in chevron,buy a rangerover and intimidate as much as u can,o find dat really "visionless",my broda,with all due respect,we need to brighten our horizon,we cant keep living in old glory.
lets b sincere with ourselves,even in d just completed egtl project,most of the skilled workers were urhobos,
onless dis trend is changed,in d next 5 to 10yrs,we may not have true political voice.we cannot continue to bank on characters like ayiri,ejele.,.e'tal as d iwere mouthpiece,i know we need dem,but we are obviously in need of sound and "learned comrades" not some half baked self acclaimed political analyst which withstand national politic/socio-econmic debates,
as well real busness gurus not those who will kill fellow iwereblood just to get "contracts" from d IOCs.

U just mentioned the traits of the niger delta youths
The problem i had with ur earlier statement is specifically pointing it toa certain ethnic group. Weda its personal beef or nt i may nt need to knw because its ur choice

#deltawillbegreat
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by Opharhe: 2:31am On Feb 23, 2016
asamaigho:

Hmmm. This new dimension of discussion to me is good. Asamaigho, u've said nothing but the truth. Though this lazy trait is not limited to Itsekiris, but sincerely, i've observed it more in Itsekiris, Ijaws and some Urhobo youths- yeah I'm mentioning Urhobo too because if u observe, Urhobo community youths are gaining a whole lot from people buying lands for development around Warri metropolis and some of them are becoming sadly dependent on 'community money' though to a lesser extent compared to Itsekiri or Ijaw. If i should focus on Itsekiri with some history, u'll observe that throughout Itsekiri history, they've never been known to be the working types. Mainly fishing and riverine trade(the Europe trade era comes to mind), Very little farming and so on. Then white collar jobs In recent times due to a substantial level of schooling. D typing don too much but the point is i agree with you, the laziness among our people is too much, the economic race in Nigeria today is for the hardworking and smart; jst look at the Igbos for example, they're clearly taking the lead.
#GodBlessDelta
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) by asamaigho(m): 7:14am On Feb 23, 2016
Opharhe:
Hmmm. This new dimension of discussion to me is good. Asamaigho, u've said nothing but the truth. Though this lazy trait is not limited to Itsekiris, but sincerely, i've observed it more in Itsekiris, Ijaws and some Urhobo youths- yeah I'm mentioning Urhobo too because if u observe, Urhobo community youths are gaining a whole lot from people buying lands for development around Warri metropolis and some of them are becoming sadly dependent on 'community money' though to a lesser extent compared to Itsekiri or Ijaw. If i should focus on Itsekiri with some history, u'll observe that throughout Itsekiri history, they've never been known to be the working types. Mainly fishing and riverine trade(the Europe trade era comes to mind), Very little farming and so on. Then white collar jobs In recent times due to a substantial level of schooling. D typing don too much but the point is i agree with you, the laziness among our people is too much, the economic race in Nigeria today is for the hardworking and smart; jst look at the Igbos for example, they're clearly taking the lead.
#GodBlessDelta

thank ma broda,...d truth must b said at all times,
good one from u.
Godbless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos) / Photos From Idoma International Carnival 2017 / 7 Traditions That Are Peculiar To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.