Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,815 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story (52780 Views)

Man Dresses Like "Olajumoke, The Bread Seller' For Halloween / Where Is The Bread-Seller Turned-model Olajumoke Orisaguna? / Funke Akindele Turns Olajumoke, The Bread-Seller In New Video Shoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by wiloy2k8(m): 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
sexybaby22:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3421649_122276409624420371521282049263385954808488n_jpegac12658676faa2403a8d7f663848f6e1

Regarding the Spiritual angle that our people have taken Jumoke's saga to, plus other things on this issue, Peter Adeosun Keyz writes ~

credit: Peter Adeosun Keys
culled from FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/peter.keyz/posts/1014520751944256

he said it all
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
pcicero:
I agree with some of Op submissions but I don't agree that she didn't make much effort.

Remember she hawked bread, she didn't resign to fate in a far-flung town in Osun.

Her struggles paid off and that's the sweetness of the story for me.

But the gist is becoming tiring already and with those indolent banks out doing themselves to be associated with her, I think I have had enough.

D point d poster is making is not about jumoke and her success per she. He agrees DT it happens and is one in a million but DT d celebration is too much.

Its d value, we as a society, place on overnight successes - whose success can only be attributed to luck or stealing - and which drives us to expect overnight success from God. Thats what he has a problem with.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by JoeCutie(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
My points exactly!!!

Nigeria's integrity has fallen so low that we don't even believe in ourselves again. We always believe in supernatural powers. Miracles. Compare Hollywood and Nollywood movies, for instance. In Hollywood, they fight for themselves no matter what. In Nollywood, we cry and the 'God' of Nigerian movies fights for us. That's the typical Nigerian mentality, yet we always claim to be the best. It's so unfortunate. More than 200 school girls went missing in Chibok and Nigeria declared fasting and prayers. What a shame! In a real nation, with their intelligence and technology, it wouldn't take more than 2 weeks before those girls are found. That's why we believe that a Pastor must be our VP before things fall into place. What a country!

In Nigeria, everybody wants miracle, but it's so unfortunate that the world does not work that way. We need to grow up and pull ourselves clear of religiousness. This mentality is keeping us down as it's been passed down to generations yet unborn. Earlier before now, Nigerians (and indeed, Africans) were known for their dogged nature; their pride in hardworking. Today, everything has changed. Nobody wants to work, talk more of doing it hard. And trust Nigerians and their very timid and derogatory response to these kind of 'miracles', people would flock the street to hawk bread and see if 'God would pick their calls'. Pathetic!

I've always thought this to myself, but owing to how naïve Nigerians are, and how much they love to bash people, I kept it to myself, but reading this, I've been re-inspired. I don't like this Jumoke's success story. No doubt, I'm happy for her. But her story is nothing to inspire me. And until Nigerians learn to curb the way they call on God, and use their nature-given intelligence to their advantage, themselves, I'm afraid Nigeria is always going to be stagnant. America didn't get to where they are by clinging to 'God' and waiting for miracles. They do not wait for miracles to happen. They make 'miracles' happen. They fight for themselves. That's why I say that Religion is the major setback we have in this country, cos our problems are still based on the kind of mentality we revel on. Wonder why the so called "men of God" all fly in private planes while we, their followers can't even buy fuel ourselves? We are on the ground, and we are the ones holding ourselves down there.

This guy's post is the best I've read since I joined Nairaland, and I'm happy I spent time to read it

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by bodyloveghetto(m): 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
Bro this is DOPE n THiC.... You all tha way Right..
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Akanaz(m): 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
What a resonable right up dude. Agree with me or not we are in a society where we explore external features of human rather than exploring internal features all in the name of enjoyment.
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Shollarh(m): 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
Biko what's now the long speesh?

Next! angry
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by ekeneidiagbor: 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
Ruq:
Point Fuckin Blank, this guy blasted the nail on the head. It Sure has raised a lot of people's hope on chance, but what are the freaking odds. If a similar story ever surfaces again it must be a staged one.

But this guy is fuckin up in trying to get people to see this, there's actually profit in making a large population of the people dumb. Hope sells and no link better sells this undying need like God. Even if a large chunk do not know this God.

One thing he failed to realise is that, her story could in a way help others continue in their trade or skill with determination that one day, their own breakthroughs will hit them, anything apart from that is BS. I hope he gets bashed for trying to cut the hopes of people even though he's right.

To you out there, truly miracles happen, just don't seek to find out how it did and you'll have your miracle.

read the post again and tell me where he actually down played hard work, focus and determination?

Peter Adeosun is to a large extent correct in his argument..
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by ameboismyhobby(f): 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
Jst wat d guy was talking about.
stevecantrell:
Its called ' supernatural breakthrough' getting everything for practically nothing is the 'Nigerian Dream' let's not blame Jumoke for a subculture that existed decades before she appeared on the scene.

BTW I'm waiting for mine too...grin
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by dux14: 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
JoeCutie:
My points exactly!!!
Nigerian integrity has fallen so low that we don't even believe in ourselves again. We always believe in supernatural powers. Compare Hollywood and Nollywood movies, for instance. In Hollywood, they fight for themselves. In Nollywood, we cry and the 'God' of Nigerian movies fights for us. It's so unfortunate. More than 200 school girls went missing in Chibok and Nigeria declared fasting and prayers. What a shame! In a real nation, with their intelligence and technology, it wouldn't take more than 2 weeks before those girls are found. That's why we believe that a Pastor must be our VP before things fall into place. What a country!
In Nigeria, everybody wants miracle, but it's so unfortunate that the world does not work that way. We need to grow up and pull ourselves clear of religiousness.
I've always thought this to myself, but owing to how naïve Nigerians are, and how much they love to bash people, I kept it to myself, but reading this, I've been re-inspired. I don't like this Jumoke's success story. And until Nigerians learn to curb the way they call on God and use their nature-given intelligence to their advantage themselves, I'm afraid Nigeria is always going to be stagnant. America didn't get to where they are by clinging to 'God'. They fight for themselves. That's why I say that Religion is the major setback we have in this country, cos our problems are still based on the kind of mentality we revel on. Wonder why the so called "men of God" all fly in private planes while we cant even buy fuel ourselves? We are on the ground, and only we are holding ourselves down.
This guy's post is the best I've read since I joined Nairaland, and I'm happy I spent time to read it
On point bro.that' just the summary of the whole write up
JoeCutie:
My points exactly!!!
Nigerian integrity has fallen so low that we don't even believe in ourselves again. We always believe in supernatural powers. Compare Hollywood and Nollywood movies, for instance. In Hollywood, they fight for themselves. In Nollywood, we cry and the 'God' of Nigerian movies fights for us. It's so unfortunate. More than 200 school girls went missing in Chibok and Nigeria declared fasting and prayers. What a shame! In a real nation, with their intelligence and technology, it wouldn't take more than 2 weeks before those girls are found. That's why we believe that a Pastor must be our VP before things fall into place. What a country!
In Nigeria, everybody wants miracle, but it's so unfortunate that the world does not work that way. We need to grow up and pull ourselves clear of religiousness.
I've always thought this to myself, but owing to how naïve Nigerians are, and how much they love to bash people, I kept it to myself, but reading this, I've been re-inspired. I don't like this Jumoke's success story. And until Nigerians learn to curb the way they call on God and use their nature-given intelligence to their advantage themselves, I'm afraid Nigeria is always going to be stagnant. America didn't get to where they are by clinging to 'God'. They fight for themselves. That's why I say that Religion is the major setback we have in this country, cos our problems are still based on the kind of mentality we revel on. Wonder why the so called "men of God" all fly in private planes while we cant even buy fuel ourselves? We are on the ground, and only we are holding ourselves down.
On point bro.that' just the summary of the whole write up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Ishilove: 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
Yomieluv:
The man never said he didnt like the success story.

What he didnt like is the spirituality attached to it,that you can "blow" overnight without much stress.

God blesses,but you must be doing something.
You must have gotten A1 in summary. This sums up the article perfectly cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Missonas(f): 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nigerians are hustlers and are still hustling. We dream big, we fast and pray but we still dey hustle for our daily bread na. Just give it some time the story will die down. Jumoke may not even end up being a model for life
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by dazzlingd(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
modelmike7:

....... Mr White Man, believe in whatever god you believe in and do let me keep believing in the Almighty God, he is more than enough for me. God said the time for Olajumoke is NOW, so if you the Op and your kinds are angry with her success story, go quarrel with God now. Frustrated souls everywhere.
if u had understood wat I typed I would ve been surprised.....who is angry with her success or when did I claim I don't believe in God.
Once again, I'm not surprised at ur level of understanding and emotional judgments

3 Likes

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Ruq: 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
ekeneidiagbor:

read the post again and tell me where he actually down played hard work, focus and determination?

Peter Adeosun is to a large extent correct in his argument..

Read My post again, did I say he downplayed hardwork ? he obviously would have used her story to just simply tell others that they should continue to do what they know and trust that it will yield a positive out come someday, instead of bashing everyone and their believe in God, which over half of Nigerians depend on daily for bread.
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by kbarka(m): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
nice and wonderful point a beg the guy is right....... at some point self the news of ola come begin vex me.....no hate ohh and don't quote me ohb
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by trappatoni(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
The PROBLEM with some Nigerians is that inability to READ and comprehend was has been written.
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by jaytee01(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . . Have you ever heard of this verse :Faith without work is dead', have you? So you are telling me our dearest Olajumoke was just waiting and the goodies fell on her laps? Hope you know she was looking for her daily bread (no pun intended), before Providence shone on her?! You are so pathetic or perhaps you just want to sound St*pid personally.
You are the incurably stuuupid and pathetic joker here!

To you and others of your ilk, everything and every opinion must be viewed from the prism of what your pastor told you. What was your concern with the religious beliefs of the poster?

Pls don't pollute my mentions with your stupidity!

4 Likes

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by ministeriallist: 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
Many people in Nigeria keep waiting for divine intervention whereas God has already given us the ability to work hard and succeed.
No thanks to Nigerian so called popular "men of God" who keep deceiving there followers that "enemies" are on there way to success and they can't achieve without their intervention and prayers.
As far as my people want to be deceived, they will keep being deceived.
Imamu na gbaladun, Bishop na enjoyment.

1 Like

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Omoluabi16(m): 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
Saladin25:

Yes I know that. But this won't make us develop. Look at US we are copying. US has the number one market for entertainment but they never neglected their best brains.

I read about a story how Mark Zuckerberg is motivating inventors, people with innovations in science and technology. Everything shouldn't be based on just to make money or profit.
Well I share your sentiments too.And it is sad the nigerian culture is to channel the energy in the wrong cause.I don't just like how people pick on this innocent girl.Nigerians should have started kicking when we were making the rich richer with dumb policies.I'm not a bandwagon Jumoke fan.I see her case with indifference.But at least out of the millions wallowing in poverty, it has been reduced by one.She can afford to give her kids quality education.They just might be your president tomorrow lol..nice opinion anyway.

1 Like

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
summary of the whole write up: "if God bless you suddenly;Glory to his name,but dont sit down and do nothing and be expecting suddenly blessing"
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
jaytee01:
You are the incurably stuuupid and pathetic joker here!

To you and others of your ilk, everything and every opinion must be viewed from the prism of what your pastor told you. What was your concern with the religious beliefs of the poster?

Pls don't pollute my mentions with your stupidity!
. . . . who quoted who who at first Mr? Anyways I don't talk with swines cos I don't want to get dirty. You reek of absolute st*pidity and annoyance.

1 Like

summary of the whole write up: "if God blesses you suddenly;Glory to his name,but dont sit down and do nothing and be expecting suddenly blessing"
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Oche211(m): 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
Well spoken.
One may wonder why many Nations re more developed than Nigeria even whn dis country is the most religious.
I once took the olajumoke story as grace bt come to think of it, many Nigerians ve nw taken God's grace 4 granted.
The writer has truely spoken the absolute truth.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by jjagz: 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Well, the OPs angle is a refreshing take on things.

I personally believe we Nigerians attribute too much to the supernatural. In doing that, we forget the simple things in life.

Good things happen to people in life. That's true. Perhaps her "call has been picked".

But in all this, the true hero is being forgotten. The "network" we may say if we are to accept the what the "picked call" people believe.

TY Bello.

She saw talent mistakenly and went out of her way to find and refine that talent.

What we need is people like TY who can identify opportunities and use them to add value to people and maybe themselves in the process.

You don't have to be an internationally recognised photographer.

It begins with us. And the little things in life.
Render assistance and more importantly develop a person, an idea, a business that adds value to others.

Be the network that connects someone's call to God. That way your own call will surely get picked.
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Henrique4real(f): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
wonderful write up which obviously emanated from an excellent reasoning! I think am in love with this Peter Adeosun. Who is he?

House available for sale at Goodhomes Estate, Isheri/Igando for affordable price. Check my signature for more locations n info
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
dazzlingd:

if u had understood wat I typed I would ve been surprised.....who is angry with her success or when did I claim I don't believe in God.
Once again, I'm not surprised at ur level of understanding and emotional judgments
. . . . . Anyways I don't talk with swines cos I don't want to get dirty. You reek of absolute st*pidity and annoyance.
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by Zennyzara: 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
stevecantrell:
Its called ' supernatural breakthrough' getting everything for practically nothing is the 'Nigerian Dream' let's not blame Jumoke for a subculture that existed decades before she appeared on the scene.

BTW I'm waiting for mine too...grin
I share ur view guy u shouldn't blame the lady well dis is how God has decided to bless her after all he uses pple to bless others so me I don't see nothing wrong wit wat she is today. After all everyone destiny is not d same.

1 Like

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by klax(m): 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
Adeosun somehow you are right but the lady was just destined to be fortunate in that manner so no hassle about that. But your epistle is too long about this matter and what are you trying to say

If anyone chooses to go breadsellermaniac that is that persons problem I guess. All the story is no big deal than to just celebrate her and people move on simple.
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by dazzlingd(m): 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . . . Anyways I don't talk with swines cos I don't want to get dirty. You reek of absolute st*pidity and annoyance.
as expected, resort to personal attacks....
With ur types, Africa will remain backward till eternity.

truth is bitter

2 Likes

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by PrinceRhaeger: 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
ssoftappless:
ABSOLUTE CRAP AND NONSENSE, is it her fault that luck smile upon her, is it her fault that the favour of GOD locate her? do u know how many years she have been suffering from hardship, by hawking bread on the street its the same thing as hardwork, she worked for what she is enjoying now becaus she refused to sell her body for money and she refused to depend on her man. "so even if a bsc or msc or wharever bullshit is struggling in the country does not mean a non graduate will struggle, everybody have a different star in life, her star might be shiner than yours by the way how can you expect GOD to bless you when you are not happy for who he has blessed?
Dude, look befor you leap. Did you even read or understand the post befor blabbing?
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by lobiologs(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
This is a very good write up and I agree with you. She's a lucky lady and there are lots of them around the world. There's nothing special about it.
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by akagson: 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
ssoftappless:
bro to me he made no sense when he mentioned her name.
"He made no sense when he mentioned her name"
Imagine! Na ur type the writer dey even refer to. Nigerians and their senseless yeye mentality!
Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by akagson: 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
PrinceRhaeger:
Dude, look befor you leap. Did you even read or understand the post befor blabbing?
He @ ssoftappless never read shiit. Just blabbing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ini Edo, Praiz, Denrele And Others Goof Around After Getting Stuck At Airport / Van Vicker Celebrates 10 Years Wedding Anniversary With Family In Dubai (Photos) / Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.