Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,248 members, 7,853,254 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (64916 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2009
Happy Birthday, Tubabie.

Impatiently waiting for my chocolate cake. . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2009
Nyabinhi,

Muller is a youth player who is our 5th choice striker as at Now behind Gomez, Klose Toni and Olic

Pls who were the benchwarmers VDS, Ferdinand, Evra - Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs – Berbatov Owen

Bayerns best players Ribery, Klose and Toni didnt even play.

When the chips were down in 2001 CL q-finals Bayern Pumped you home and away what more do you want? s it until we kill you?

man Utd has never beaten Bayern either in Munich or in Manchester. How about that?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by FBS: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2009
Happy Birthday Tubabie!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by codedguy1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2009
i can see DKs' erection has refused to come down because Bayern won United on penalties.

You need to see a doc (Dr Dre Preferably) he should be able to use his operating knives to some good cutting. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2009
Cristalz:

Happy Birthday, Tubabie.

Impatiently waiting for my chocolate cake. . . grin
Cristalz ok on the way! Thanks! smiley

FBS:

Happy Birthday Tubabie!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Fbs and also for the link . . . . . . . . . . smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 1:45am On Aug 02, 2009
Man Utd has started with their scummie behaviour again.

"Le Havre want to express their indignation at the actions of Manchester United officials and their pursuit of Paul Pogba," read a statement on the club's official website Paul Pogba, his parents and Le Havre were bound to a contract called a 'non-solicitation agreement' from autumn 2006.

"At the end of that contract, the three parties agreed to sign a trainee contract when the player matched certain age and scholarship criteria, taking him through to the end of the 2009/10 season.

"However, the player and his parents have refused to fulfil the agreement because Manchester United have offered big money to the parents to get their son to England.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=664532&sec=transfers&cc=5901
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Naturez(m): 1:49am On Aug 02, 2009
Happy Birthday Tubabie!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 4:23am On Aug 02, 2009
Dike
Only a connection issue prevented me from posting that story. This deal has been done since May09 but the big clubs have in contact with Pogan since last year. It's wrong do make such deals with minors as most of these bigger clubs do. Arsenal, Man utd, Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool are among the culprits last year. However, the refusal of the european leagues too to tie these players to trainee contracts too does not help matters either. I know it's not simple to give every promising talent a contract but hopefully, these loopholes will be plugged sooner than later. Man utd isn't the only one involved. I'm sure even the european clubs too poach talents from each other in less high profile manners.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 7:09am On Aug 02, 2009
That is the irresponsible manner the scummies carry out bizniz nowadays what a shame

Same with the case of Macheda
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2009
Cry a river, weep a sea, lament a hailstorm. If you want to discuss the less desirable business practices of EUROPEAN clubs, let me know. It's sunday, I don't think I want to argue with you today.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2009
dayokanu:

That is the irresponsible manner the scummies carry out bizniz nowadays what a shame
Same with the case of Macheda

Dont mind them. . .
Useless Buncha Obertans! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2009
Crack
We already know we're a buncha Obertans. Find us a new nomenclature, will ya? That one's lost its Verminvenom.
Hope you know your darling Vermin has a muscular injury and he's not even tried out his new kit against real men. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by FBS: 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
tubabie:

Thanks Fbs and also for the link . . . . . . . . . . smiley
Look what I got you. Drake's Mixtape wink (Check Track 3)
http://www.media4i.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6921%3Adj-p-cutta-and-drake-rhythm-and-drake&catid=157%3Arab&Itemid=131

And also The Birthday Sex (Kelsmix) (Track 3) Enjoy.

http://www.media4i.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6920%3Adj-p-cutta-and-r-kelly-twenty-four-play&catid=157%3Arab&Itemid=131
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2009
FBS:

Look what I got you. Drake's Mixtape wink (Check Track 3)
http://www.media4i.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6921%3Adj-p-cutta-and-drake-rhythm-and-drake&catid=157%3Arab&Itemid=131

http://www.media4i.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6920%3Adj-p-cutta-and-r-kelly-twenty-four-play&catid=157%3Arab&Itemid=131

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2009
Naturez:

Happy Birthday Tubabie!!!
Thanks  wink

FBS:

Look what I got you. Drake's Mixtape  wink (Check Track 3)

Oh thanks alot.  cheesy cheesy You are the bomb! I already bookmarked the links.

MrCrackles:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
smiley

@Topic
Hey Mancs, anyone watching the community shield game live?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by akinalabi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
tubabie:

@Topic
Hey Mancs, anyone watching the community shield game live?

If I can get a ticket, I will but I'm sure the price will be out of my range of pricing cry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2009
Akinalabi
Long time no see smiley Thanks for the other day. I'm very grate. smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cougar: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2009
Phony200:

Dike
Only a connection issue prevented me from posting that story. This deal  has been done since May09 but the big clubs have in contact with Pogan since last year. It's wrong do make such deals with minors as most of these bigger clubs do. Arsenal, Man utd, Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool are among the culprits last year. However, the refusal of the european leagues too to tie these players to trainee contracts too does not help matters either. I know it's not simple to give every promising talent a contract but hopefully, these loopholes will be plugged sooner than later. Man utd isn't the only one involved. I'm sure even the european clubs too poach talents from each other in less high profile manners.

the rest of europe are allowed to sign non-eu players from all around the world, and they exploit that.

english clubs are allowed to offer kids contracts at a younger age where the other countries can't and clubs exploit that.

different systems means clubs operate differently within the rules to their advantage.

did bastia feel immoral signing michael essien at 17 from his local club? what goes around comes around. le havre should shut up.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2009
akinalabi:

If I can get a ticket, I will but I'm sure the price will be out of my range of pricing cry
Have you tried searching? I think the lowest i saw around was £95, is it still priced out of range? sad 'was hoping for company!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2009
It's very dumb to keep pointing fingers at english clubs and threatening fire and brimstone. It's a loophole they all exploit in one way or the other. If the french and Italian clubs have the same chance, they'll use it and it would be fair. So many african teenagers find their way to french, belgian and east european clubs and there's no complaint about the manner of their acquisition. It's just crying a river, way I see it. Even if you say it's morally wrong, has there ever been a time when business was moral? It's not excusing minor exploitation but english clubs should not be portrayed as the sole culprits.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cougar: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2009
i don't really understand why dayokanu is foaming in the mouth. a player snubs the opportunity to earn a decent but unspectacular wage at a club struggling in the french league in favour of a big offer by one of the clubs with the best records of bringing players through.

they are moaning because the age of the player means they won't get paid, and because they thought they had an agreement with the parents.
i don't see any biggie to get excited about. what's the european union for if it doesn't allow people to do these things?

Macheda was about to give up football until Fergie rescued him from 'mean' Lazio, claims Italian talent spotter

Patarca insisted that Macheda could not have turned down a move to Old Trafford because Lazio had failed to support his impoverished family. Macheda, known since childhood as Kiko, comes from Ponte di Nona, a run-down area to the east of Rome and a world away from Lazio’s Formello training ground to the north of the Italian capital. His parents struggled just to pay Macheda’s travelling costs for the daily 100-mile round trip to training but Patarca, 64, claims Lazio snubbed requests from the player’s
 father, Pasquale, for help.

"Three times Pasquale asked Lazio for financial help, because it was so tough trying to get Kiko to the training ground every day," said Patarca. "It cost money and time away
 from work. Pasquale asked for the club to fix him up with a job. I believe as little as
 500 euros a month could have solved the problem. But my understanding is that Lazio only offered to help once they realised that Manchester United were interested in Federico. That was too late because they hadn’t seemed to believe in him enough before. So thank God for Manchester United. What would have happened if they hadn’t been interested and Kiko’s parents had been left with the problem of trying to find the time 
and money to take the boy such a long way to training every day?"

"Without Manchester United, I believe he would have had to stop playing. He would have had to finish with football and would have been lost to the game. Instead, he is in
 England, where United have helped him to mature far more quickly than he would have done in Italy. You cannot go wrong with Sir Alex Ferguson. Lazio should just be quiet and learn from their mistakes.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1169356/Macheda-football-Fergie-rescued-mean-Lazio-claims-Italian-talent-spotter.html

kiko's family was very poor and apparently lazio didn't even pay his commuting expenses. lazio aren't a small club and if they want to train and develop their youngsters, at the very least they should make sure that the youngsters don't have to worry about such simple things. it's not as though we are talking about thousands of euros - 500 euros a month for a promising youngster like kiko shouldn't have been too much for a club like lazio. if they refused to pay them it's their own fault, i'm afraid.

who knows, kiko might have discontinued his football career if it wasn't for sir alex ferguson.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2009
Cougar
Thanks for bring up this story. Kiko already said that the deal breaker as far as he was concerned beyond the chance of regular soccer was Man Utd's offer to bring along his family and give his father a job too. Even though it's just as a gardener at OT but it's way more than what he could have gotten from Lazio and Italy. It's amazing the level of development that he's gone through in so short a time. It's mainly soup grapes these naysayers are sucking on. The truth is someone like Davide Petrucci was never going to get a contract at Roma early enough because no matter how talented you are, they won't gamble on him becoming a great player. Something Man UTD can afford to do.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cougar: 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2009
blame fifa/uefa for this mess. unfortunately, platini and sepp blatter are morons.
there should be a standard rule for every club. it is insane that man united cannot sign local based youth players that live 90 minutes away from old trafford and le havre can sign youth players from south america and africa without restrictions.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2009
Moronic stooges who complain only when they feel hard done by. 90 mins away versus the rest of the whole world? It's crazy and I'm not surprised english clubs have so few homegrown talents. The rules are simply not realistic enough. I'm beginning to wonder if the 6+5 rule will ever work. Last time I checked, the english U19 are being raped by Ukraine. Sad, just sad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cougar: 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2009
you kinda get the feeling that english clubs have gate crashed a party the spanish, french & italian clubs have been enjoying for years. you have blatter & his french big nose sidekick complaining about english dominance of the champions league, though the same governing bodies didn't seem to care when spanish and italian clubs owned the competition.

p.s. how old was messi when barcelona poached him in 2000? how old was alexander pato when milan took him away from internacional?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by akinalabi(m): 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2009
tubabie:

Have you tried searching? I think the lowest i saw around was £95, is it still priced out of range? sad 'was hoping for company!

That would have been great company but £95 shocked is out of my reach

The highest I have ever paid for a game is £70 and it was a one off.

Cougar:

blame fifa/uefa for this mess. unfortunately, platini and sepp blatter are morons.

Blatter? Is he still FIFA president?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2009
It's crazy and I'm not surprised english clubs have so few homegrown talents. The rules are simply not realistic enough. I'm beginning to wonder if the 6+5 rule will ever work. Last time I checked, the english U19 are being raped by Ukraine. Sad, just sad.

Were you expecting something different? The Ukrainian simply took it up from where the Germans left off in the U17 and U21 tournament.

Hopeless Nation
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2009
Dike
Go suck a thumb and make sure you remove U19 from your post. Una don expire as champions.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 10:07pm On Aug 02, 2009
Not being specific to the EPL, but big clubs should be made to pay compensation to the small clubs they poach these kids from.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
Biina
That's in an ideal world. I wish it happened like that but till these rules are adjusted, it's gonna be business as usual. It's not fair to these clubs who own the players initially to lose them without any compensation. I can imagine what Lazio will be feeling right now when they see Macheda in the UCL. I agree with Cougar, you can only blame UEFA and FIFA that these loopholds exist in the first place sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2009
Biina
That's in an ideal world. I wish it happened like that but till these rules are adjusted, it's gonna be business as usual. It's not fair to these clubs who own the players initially to lose them without any compensation. I can imagine what Lazio will be feeling right now when they see Macheda in the UCL. I agree with Cougar, you can only blame UEFA and FIFA that these loopholds exist in the first place sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 5:43am On Aug 03, 2009
When would England stop being disgraced all over the world

U17 Germany 4 England 0
U19 Ukraine 2 England 0
U21 Germany 4 England 0

Senior team didnt qualify for the last tournament and have not played a final in 43 years. Na curse?

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (101)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! / Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.