Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Letting Go By Audrey Timms - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letting Go By Audrey Timms (538448 Views)

Living In The Present - A Lesson In Letting Go / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 141/letting It All Go / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by ixora3(f): 7:55pm On May 31, 2016
How did that witch Jessica see ivies son to kidnap. The gal is just good with her acts

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by vickkydgreat(m): 8:22pm On May 31, 2016
[quote author=ixora3 post=46150762]How did that witch Jessica see ivies son to kidnap. The gal is just good with her acts[/quote

lol, dey ask jamb questions naaa, mama audrey has done it again oooooo

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by mitchyy(f): 8:33pm On May 31, 2016
AudreyTimms:

I'm glad it made you smile. That was my intention. Back flip? Girl, you know you ain't supposed to do that. tongue grin
I hope you found the update haute wink grin tongue

Hahahaha! Busted!!! You caught me red-handed... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by vonn(f): 9:04pm On May 31, 2016
Audreyyyyyy Dedicate the next to me ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by mamawin(f): 9:32pm On May 31, 2016
AudreyTimms:

"Luna, I'm going to be a little late coming home...I'm sorry. A client just called. I need to get some papers from him to be processed tomorrow...I would have sent one of my staff but they've all gone home. I'm sorry...I don't know, maybe thirty minutes...Idanre area...okay I agree, it will take me about an hour to get home...I'm sorry. Don't wait...please eat now...I know. Please try and eat without me. You know you need it...okay...how's our baby doing? Good. See you soon. Love you." Gio rang off with a big smile on his face. He turned his key in the ignition and drove out of the office area. 

He wasn't particularly happy that the client had called him just as he was about entering his car to drive home to see his wife and talk to her nonexistent baby bump. He was a new client and Gio wanted to give him a good impression. He had stopped his wife from coming with him to the office particularly when she started getting very weak and sleeping at her table in the office. She hadn't even objected which made him realize her pregnancy was beginning to take a toll on her. His poor baby.

It had been one helluva week. After his father had told him the story of his life and that of his mother and aunt, it had made him look at life in another perspective. Things weren't always what they seemed and he ought to know the true situation of things before talking about it or throwing accusations or taking sides. He still found it hard to believe that his sweet and over caring mother had done such hideous things. Hmm...everyone had his or her demon to fight. Hers had been jealousy and obsession. He was glad she realized her mistake before she died.

His nephew...if he could call him that was still very much with them and his Luna had steadily grown attached to him. He had jokingly asked her if she was using the boy to carry out IT on taking care of a child in preparation for theirs and she had laughed it off sayimg she felt sorry for the boy having a mother like Jessica.  They had tried getting information out of the boy but he was quite a quiet and shy boy. He didn't talk much except to cry for his mother and aunt. They wondered if Jessica had been living with her mother in the village and she was the one the boy was referring to as his aunt. The evil lady had been transferred to Abuja at his father's request. She had refused saying anything, claiming she was only going to talk if they released her and allowed her see her son. The unmoved senator had told the policemen to resort to torture if they liked just to get her to say where she got the boy from. So far, they hadn't heard anything from there. Gio believed it was possible Jessica wasn't even the mother of the poor boy even though the boy had called her, 'Mummy' that day.. He believed she might have kidnapped the boy or something, seeing that he looked like him for her to blackmail him. It just wasn't possible that Jessica had met his brother during the time she had tried seducing him in his room and gotten pregnant for him in order to pin the pregnancy on him. He hoped the police would deal with her for her to confess everything. He didn't feel an iota of pity for her. She deserved all she was getting and a whole lot more.

Gio was disappointed when he didn't meet the client at home and was told he had been taken to the hospital for a minor domestic accident and hadn't left the documents. Gio decided to come back the following day. He was on his way home when he noticed a car following him. And the car looked suspiciously like the car that had tried to kidnap him on two occasions. Damn! He shouldn't have let his guard down and sent the remaining bodyguard back to his father now that Jessica was in the net. But who could want him dead so much? Ikenna? Nduka? Well, he wouldn't give them the satisfaction. Luck or was it favour had been on his side so far, it would speak for him again. He increased his speed in order to out run them and continued like that all the way from Idanre. There was nothing more he could do. Calling his dad for help wouldn't save the situation. Besides, he wasn't yellow-bellied. The best he could do now was make sure they didn't block his path with their car and drive into the nearest police station to seek for help.

His phone started ringing while the high speed chase was going on and he prayed it wasn't his wife. She was certain to hear the anxiety in his voice. He debated if he should pick the call or not. Maybe it could be a life saver. When the phone started ringing again, he lifted it, with his eyes still on the road and his rearview mirror.

"Hello." He tried masking the anxiety in his voice.

A wicked laugh sounded on the phone. "This is Ikenna's bulldog. Remember me? I told you you were going to pay for what you did to my brother. And by the time I'm through with you, I'm going after your slut of a wife. In fact, I'm in front of your gate right now. I'm going to enjoy what she has been giving you and refused giving my brother and by the time I'm done, I will slit her throat. Let's see if you can get here on time to save her. But we both know you can't because you will be joining her in the great beyond soon. Revenge is a b*tch, b*tch!"

Gio shouted threats and abuses on the phone but Nduka, the bad apple had already ended the call. Beads of sweats surfaced on his face. He kept trying his wife's line but he couldn't get through. Njideka had gone back home the previous day.

"Oh, God, please, I beg of you. Please keep my wife safe. I promise to start going to church. I promise to do whatever you ask of me. Please just keep Luna safe. Please. You know she's my life," He prayed fervently and increased his car speed.

Like in a slow motion flick, just as he was approaching the estate he had lived in as a youth corps member, a trailer suddenly surfaced on the road from nowhere and was coming straight at him with the driver driving like a road hog. He kept trying to hit his brakes but it looked as if they had gone on a long journey. They had obviously been tampered with. Trying to swerve for him not to have a head-on collision with the car even though there was another car coming beside the trailer, the car from behind hit his car hard and he lost control of it, thereby allowing the car from behind push his car directly in front of the trailer. Just when his car was about crashing into the trailer, in the nick of time, he managed to swerve it and hit the other incoming car. His car began samasulting terribly and Gio knew the end had come. As if in a trance, he saw his life pass before him.  His last thoughts were on his wife and unborn child. How would Nkiru take the news of his death? He saw his late mother and brother and something else that totally blew his mind.

He lost consciousness. 

By the time Gio's car stopped tumbling, people had already gathered part way to stare at the mangled wreck it had become. They were already shouting and sympathizing. Some brave ones ran to the car to see if there was any survivor but many people told them not to bother. It was more than obvious that no one would survive such a ghastly motor accident.

The occupant or occupants were dead for sure.

A man's life from birth to death was a series of transition rites which brought him nearer and nearer to his ancestors.

*To be continued next week* 

Thanking you.

wow! can't wait till the weekend
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by KimBerlyie: 10:06pm On May 31, 2016
AudreyTimms:

Sorry.

Your signature is hilarious. grin cheesy

grin grin thank you for the update, it was superb wink

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Abuklaw(m): 10:12pm On May 31, 2016
AudreyTimms:

Bros, it isn't for free o. *in a conductor's voice* Hold your two hundred naira airtel recharge card for hand. grin tongue
Okay deal! Let me know the medium of payment and delivery ma'am. Hope you are doing fine now?

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 31, 2016
Welcome back Audrey

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by CaraJewel(f): 12:51am On Jun 01, 2016
Nice audrey...finally commented..cuz of u i joined nairaland..hope xay d nxt week na dz cmin weekend cuz d tin confuse me..remember keyna..d gal frm gmail dat wanted waiting for d bouquet...will it be possible to jxt send it like tz a msg n i read it frm my mail..cuz i knw xay my fone go spoil show for me
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by mofy1(f): 4:30am On Jun 01, 2016
All I can say is wow!!!
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Rajosh(m): 7:47am On Jun 01, 2016
mamawin:
you quoted all that just to type one line. na so the story Sweet you reach. Well you're not alone. For some days, I've been thinking about the story.

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by mamawin(f): 10:36am On Jun 01, 2016
Rajosh:
you quoted all that just to type one line. na so the story Sweet you reach. Well you're not alone. For some days, I've been thinking about the story.
don't mind me, after d suspense, it was such a great relief, and it's worthy of the wait. d lady is so good
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by crislyn(f): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2016
wow! can weekend come already. welcome back Audrey.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by ammy4id: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
AudreyTimms:

JASAKULAI KARAN. What does it mean?

Jazak Allah Khairan
for expression of thanks
Translation: May Allah reward you with blessings
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Rajosh(m): 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
mamawin:
don't mind me, after d suspense, it was such a great relief, and it's worthy of the wait. d lady is so good
yeah. she's just so unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by FameG(f): 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
mamawin:

How would u quote the whole of that article just to make a sentence? >: Fear God

@ Audreytimms, God bless u for this story. have really been wondering the correlation btw Gio's story & Felix. tanx for making my waiting worthwhile. You deserve an award.

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by mamawin(f): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
FameG:

How would u quote the whole of that article just to make a sentence? >: Fear God

@ Audreytimms, God bless u for this story. have really been wondering the correlation btw Gio's story & Felix. tanx for making my waiting worthwhile. You deserve an award.
sorry, I was just too ......what now. I think I was just impressed. Audreytimms rocks!

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by evaZee: 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
Wow! Felix Gios half brother, and they even look alike, for Felix child to be a miniature of Gio. Does this mean Felix is also as extremely handsome as Gio, mehn! Never saw him that way, cuz I have a mental picture of all the characters.. ......... Please those onlookers should better rush and get out Gio from that car, and stop assuming no one will survive there, that guy is larger than life. Thanks ma Audrey,

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by kingphilip(m): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
AudreyTimms:

Hey. Wanted to ask after you yesterday but i forgot. How you doing? Na only you dey ever waka come with your perspective. Nice though. Don't worry you will hear a lot from your darling Fi in 'Moving Forward.' tongue
why won't you forget when I'm inconsequential to you like p in psychology

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Fijumokesayo(f): 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
You're covered Audrey! With God's abundant Blessing and Mercy, I am so blessed to be among your readers! Thanking You!....... So "Moving Forward" is the tittle of the next story! Hehehe I can't wait.....[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Debbime(f): 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmmm, the devil has been put to shame, Audrey Timms has done it again and again and again.

Weldone dear,

In your voice (or writing as the case may be) " Thanking you"

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
No one saw this coming. Ma'am you are excellent. I just love where this is heading to. Can't imagine how Felix and Gio would feel that day when they get to meet each other. That moment will be F meet G "FINE meet GORGEOUS"

2 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Crownfullhouse(m): 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
@Audrey Timms:

Your kind is a rare gem; more wisdom to brain

Have a question for you and I will be very glad if you can answer it

Having understood how challenging marital life can be regardless of how caring your hubby is

How do you manage your home with work and now "having time to put the master piece together?"

You are a GENIUS!

Jazaki llaahu khaeran

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Crownfullhouse(m): 8:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
@Audrey Timms:

Your kind is a rare gem; more wisdom to your brain

Have a question for you and I will be very glad if you can answer it

Having understood how challenging marital life can be regardless of how caring your hubby is

How do you manage your home with work and now "having time to put this master piece together?"

You are a GENIUS!

Jazaki llaahu khaeran

2 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by NevetsIbot(m): 10:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
what's with the suspense na? which kind of writer is audreytimms? You're the best. You've succeeded in trapping me again. Chai. See suspense

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Ashiat39(f): 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
AudreyTimms:
I wish you success in your exams kiss
Ameen. thank you dearie, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Ochyglowsglows(f): 12:37am On Jun 02, 2016
I just had to re-read this update again today as a birthday gift to myself. No more ghost mode. Audrey u r da bomb. This story is captivating. I v decided to name my unborn twin kids, Giovanni and Giovanna, i v researched it to mean, God has shown Favour. #winks#. (meanwhile, them still dey play with baba God). Happy birthday to me. Proudly #Ochyglows

2 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Ochyglowsglows(f): 12:39am On Jun 02, 2016
I just had to re-read this update again today as a birthday gift to myself. No more ghost mode. Audrey u r da bomb. This story is captivating. I v decided to name my unborn twin kids, Giovanni and Giovanna, i v researched it to mean, God has shown Favour. #winks#. (meanwhile, them still dey play with baba God). Happy birthday to me. Proudly #Ochyglows.

2 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by onohme(f): 4:54am On Jun 02, 2016
kissAunty Audrey, thanking you 4 d long update

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Debbime(f): 7:17am On Jun 02, 2016
I may not be a regular commentator but I have to say this:

I love your work Audrey, I can't say I love you cos hubby may break my head, but I really do admire the person you are on Nairaland and above all, I thank you for bringing back my love for books.

Thanking you for the update.

May God's permanent healing hands be upon you and yours.

Remember this: in our praises and criticisms, we really do appreciate you. Don't take some critics, however harsh or unpleasant they may be to heart. Remember also that each one of us carries a baggage, some are better at handling it than others. Don't let anyone drop his/her baggage on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Iamabraham(m): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2016
yeah...the devil is a liar. I'm gonna comment. After spending more than 10minutes to compose and type my 2nd NL update yesterday, Glo denied me the opportunity to send it. Now, I'll re-compose it and comment. hahahahaha

Audrey Timms...

You are a RARE BREED.

How did you come up with something as good as this?

This is more than a story, it is a message. A message of hope, a message on letting go, a message on moving forward, a message of moving ahead.

I have learnt a lot from this masterpiece!!!

I am happy for Gio and Nk, for Tosin and Fi, for the Senator and aunty Peace and for Felix and Ivie.

In one way or the other, they have all moved on with their lives, they have let go of the hurt of their past. They have also become better and more responsible persons.

The senator's disclosure to Gio about his mom was intriguing too. Partial knowledge about someone or situation isn't the best; we must arm ourselves with full knowledge about someone/situation before we react or conclude on them. We should also try to know WHY people do the things they do before we judge them or conclude on their matters.

Gio and Felix are brothers and cousins. I have once confused their characters in this masterpiece because of their big frame and handsomeness. They must have inherited those traits from their papa. But it never crossed my mind that they could be brothers. Nice one!!!

Jessica and Nduka will end up in the same prison, they can marry themselves there for all I care. But it baffles me how Jessica blew her second chance away. She has a person who is ready to accept her past and love her but she chose destruction. What a pity!!! She is one of the character in this masterpiece who refused to 'let go'.

Nk and Gi are survivors. They aren't going to die. I forsee Gio believing in God the more after this incidence.

Rhema!!! What did she do wrong? She loved the right person at the wrong time, I guess. It's good she is ready to let go but suicide isn't an option at all.

I have a lot to say but lemme stop for now, ma.

Before I go, lemme drop some lines for the bastard disturbing your eyes. Glaucoma abi wetin them dey call you, I curse you and I rebuke you in Jesus name. Audrey, your eyes do not go dim, they are filled with light. Amen

God bless you and your household. Amen

Once again, your breed is out of this world. Thanks for the good works.

17 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by queenDD(f): 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Oh my! Story is getting really interesting.. Gio and Felix are brothers?? Who would have thought that!?
God bless and keep you Aunty Audrey. Thanks once again for the update.. anxiously waiting for the next update.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (73) (Reply)

Man Wey Dey Reason / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.