Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges (20297 Views)

Prophet Hezekiah Oladeji Announced As The General Evangelist Of C.A.C Worldwide / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay / Samuel Uche Accuses Buhari Of Plans To Islamise Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by chiedu7: 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
joborskill:
Let the northerners have the position this time. It has always been occupied by southerners while the North is been marginalized.

This is what is called marginalization below.

Every region in NIgeria gets billions from the Fashola.

The South East get a measly N2 billion.

Is this fair?

joborskill:
As for me, i prefer northerners occupy 80 percent of positions cos they have a positive track record in leadership. I'm from the SW btw.
Good Idea it shows that some people think they own Nigeria.

80% of the positions by one region is called Northocracy.
And it makes the rest of the country sick

No wonder Some of us what to leave Nigeria for you continue to be ruled by the North.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Pidggin(f): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
joborskill:
[/b]Let the northerners have the position this time. It has always been occupied by southerners while the North is been marginalized. As for me, i prefer northerners occupy 80 percent of positions cos they have a positive track record in leadership. I'm from the SW btw

No wonder grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Nicepoker(m): 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lordgel:
Glory be to God. This is my first time to be FTC on NL. I heard that there is an amount given to ftc.
yes, There is. But U will have to wait till when $1=#1

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by coputa(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
joborskill:
Let the northerners have the position this time. It has always been occupied by southerners while the North is been marginalized. As for me, i prefer northerners occupy 80 percent of positions cos they have a positive track record in leadership. I'm from the SW btw.
Can a southern Muslim become the sultan of sokoto,since the sultan is from the north it is proper for a southerner to continue as the CAN President,the head of the two prominent religion in a nation cannot come from one region,it will be abused,we are human.We need checks and balance.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by BABANGBALI: 12:28pm On Feb 22, 2016
If you believe this story you need to have your head examined
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by jmand(m): 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
With the TIME Nigerians should understand our President (Muhammadu Buhari), with his aims and dreams over his people, coz I really know that guy (Mr. President) not looks same face to our previous Leaders, his showing pity as well as sympathy to the Nigerians.
Time will tell everything indeed
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by OLADD: 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
Femi Adesina, as crafty as his paymaster. That same impression of noninterference was created when he told the nation that Buhari did not interfere in the National Assembly Speakership tussle only for Gbajabiamila to confess how the president pressurised him not to step down for Dogara. Sometimes, I wonder why nobody can be trusted in APC.

Meanwhile, if this story is true, I don't need any clairvoyant to predict how balkanised and polarized Nigeria would be at the end of Buhari's tenure and if care is not taken, the nation may slide into pre-1967 era. Instead of making amends for ridiculing every Nigerian institution (military, police, DSS , religious houses, traditional stools etc) on their way to power, the APC-led govt is cunningly engaging in condemnable armtwisting and divisiveness. This nation may be gradually drifting towards a point of no return.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by jmand(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
With the TIME Nigerians should understand our President (Muhammadu Buhari), with his aims and dreams over his people, coz I really know that guy (Mr. President) not looks same face to our previous Leaders, his showing pity as well as sympathy to the Nigerians.
Time will tell everything indeed!
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by habss: 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
Hope Buhari and APC will not install Muslim lol
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by AnanseK(m): 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
This is left for Nigerian Christians whether they have a transparent free election or not. They can keep Oritejafor the Arms smuggling Jet owner PDP Pastor as life President, if they like. Or at least before EFCC arrive to collect him.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Realhommie(m): 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
5starmilitant:

Nothing is really wrong, cos we are all Christian. But why will someone from another religion influence the leadership because he is president?

Did Obj or Jonathan interfered in their Islamic decision making?

Am not against a northerner being the president, but buhari should know his boundary. He can't impose an apc loyalist on Christians.

#CAN is not a government parastatal.
See how you sounded so sure like you hv evidence to prove that PMB wants to impose someone on CAN...

Yu guyz should be careful plz
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by 5starmilitant: 12:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
Realhommie:
See how you sounded so sure like you hv evidence to prove that PMB wants to impose someone on CAN...

Yu guyz should be careful plz

Oh now you want evidence from for saying my mind on a thread I saw abi? Am I a mod?
Will you say this if the news is about Gej, ND, or Biafra?

#is it because is buhari?
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by OlujobaSamuel: 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
SoNature:
When I first saw the headline I wanted to quickly say that whether northerner or southerner we are all Nigerians. But when I read further I realised the allegation is a serious one...the things PDP warned Nigerians about.

Nobody can islamize Nigeria by force or else we will all go to war to defend our Christian faith.

I think that position should go to the north this time. Southerners have held it for a while. The Body of Christ is ONE and we MUST practice true Christianity.

Rev Father Kukah will make a good CAN president
war? war of words or of weapons?
pls clarify.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by omojeesu(m): 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
Islie:

• CAN election: Tension mounts over alleged plan by FG to install Northern President

• It's a lie —FG

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/can-election-tension-mounts-over-alleged-plan-by-fg-to-install-northern-president/

Shame! How 'Christian' is CAN? How much of Jesus Christ is there? How much different is CAN from political parties?
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Akanaz(m): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
Sentiment from every angle. Is it becaue it is buhari? I pray God help our amiable presido.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Akainzo(m): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
emmasege:
It's this kind of talk the proponent of the idea wants to hear. Nobody cared about where CAN president comes from until now that APC wants to use divide and rule. Have you forgotten that Onaiyekan was once the CAN President and he comes from the north? I'd prefer a candidate from any region, provided its devoid of political interference. Everyone knows that the south is the stronghold of Christianity in Nigeria and the anti-christs will do everything possible to create a distrust between the northern and southern Christians.

So who is the Anti-Christ, the one that doesn't want Christians from a certain region or the one that says ALL Christians are eligible?
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Realhommie(m): 1:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
5starmilitant:

Oh now you want evidence from for saying my mind on a thread I saw abi? Am I a mod?
Will you say this if the news is about Gej, ND, or Biafra?

#is it because is buhari?
Dn't take it personal and stop being overly emotional...

It's not abt PMB, GEJ, ND or Biafra.. It's about you, about myself, about Nigerian's, about our conscience as a people, about our integrity.

You cn't just jump to a conclusion on some issues coz of the hatred yu nurture towards a particular character. Be open minded and objective.

We dn't hv to bcum bigots coz of tribal/regional/religious/party affiliations, ours should be that of a good conscience nurtured by the truth, that should be our maxim always.

I'm of the opinion those who came up this post hv ulterior motives, to stir up sentiments, incite hatred and sow a seed of discord coz they know the average Nigerian is gullible. Enough said already, I bet you understand me better now.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Reptyle(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
What exactly is wrong with a northerner heading CAN
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Famofamo: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
johnydon22:
I thought CAN and even Christianity is an independent body... How in the world did the president or APC get such a power to interfere or influence their elections..

If that's possible then the so called CAN is nothing more than a political foot mat for corrupt lying politicians in power
#7billion collected then often created confusion among them.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by johnydon22(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
Famofamo:

#7billion collected then often created confusion among them.
Then the Masses needs to pause a bit and ask themselves ... Are these religions here to help us or are we the one here to help few people get rich through religion
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by johnydon22(m): 3:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
Reptyle:
What exactly is wrong with a northerner heading CAN
Nothing at all boss. Northern Christians are not any less Christians as their southern counterparts... the problem is when the president of a country or a political party influences or directly/indirectly can manipulate the elections or appointment of a supposed independent body like CAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by mallamseifaldin(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
joborskill:
Let the northerners have the position this time. It has always been occupied by southerners while the North is been marginalized. As for me, i prefer northerners occupy 80 percent of positions cos they have a positive track record in leadership. I'm from the SW btw.

Wrong thinking!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by sweetgala(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2016
dre11:

CAN trying to whip up sentiments again
I thought we have gone pass this regionalism politics

It's CAN, can they descend lower than the episode Ayo Oritsejafor just brought them through? The story is so stupid I'm ashamed to see them think they are making sense.

So some northern Muslims want to install a northerner as CAN president, well I fail to see how that is a crime, they'll even have a hard time convincing God there is a moral crime there, I fail to see why a clergyman can be exempted from contesting for CAN presidency just because he is from the North, is politically affiliated with or supports APC, and has northern Muslim supporters.

Were those not the same clauses that represented bling bling pastors character and election into CAN.

I have noted a very vicious trend by southern Nigerians who actually as opposed to what they claim are the true "by birthright" Nigerians, some of our southern brothers claim to be among many other things that the North is as a totality; less civilised, not educated, evil and primal even when reality seems to dismiss such claims, between the northmost part of Oyo to the southern creeks , occult human sacrifice, blatant jungle justice, militancy, kidnapping, brigandry, armed robbery and corruption even within familial communes continue to be the order of the day.

Abeg where is the apparent civility we claim

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by don4real18(m): 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
This is a special case of Politireligionism... CAN Is quite disappointing, I must say. They preach one and practice another... So many atrocities linked with the body, one can only imagine how bros J go dey look dem

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by caphone: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
johnydon22:
I thought CAN and even Christianity is an independent body... How in the world did the president or APC get such a power to interfere or influence their elections..

If that's possible then the so called CAN is nothing more than a political foot mat for corrupt lying politicians in power

What a shame from this so called religious organization. *spit* look at them disgracing themselves shamelessly
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by nynbrada: 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
johnydon22:
Then the Masses needs to pause a bit and ask themselves ... Are these religions here to help us or are we the one here to help few people get rich through religion

What exactly are you saying?

Who are the masses that should pause a bit and ask these dumb questions of yours............"are these religion here to help us or are we the one here to help some few people get rich"?

Who or what ever gave you that impression that Christianity is about the masses of adherents helping a few(Pastors) getting rich?

Jonnydon22, it is obvious your are blissfully ignorant of what Christianity is all about.

Just so you know, Christianity is the life of God in a human person - simply put, it is divinity in humanity!

And Jesus Christ is our role model.
Whose life and deed we pattern ours after. And not that of any pastor/pastorneur.

My brother, Christianity is a personal relationship with God. And our lifestyle is not subject nor dictated by that of them pastors. But that of Christ, like i earlier noted.

Jonnydon22, do not for once think that we Christians are feather brained. We are not ignorant of the lavish lifestyle some of these Pastors are entertaining themselves with.

That we give and sow seeds financially does not mean we are gullible tools at their becks and call and whims and caprices.
But rather the scripture resonates with such sacrificial attitude.

Hence we are only just obeying the dictates of our heavenly father as stipulated in the scripture of truth.

But if the pastors now decides to avail themselves of this our financial bounty for personal and selfish aggrandizement instead of using it to further the cause of the ministry and helping the poor.

Then be sure our God and father will surely requit it of them on the day of reckoning.

Sorry if i was a bit harsh ab initio.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by bezimo(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
The interesting thing about the negative change brought about by the helpless Buhari led government is that it is also felt by APC supporters.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by luke10: 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
dre11:

CAN trying to whip up sentiments again
I thought we have gone pass this regionalism politics
You must be a muslem pretender. Gone pass which regionalism politics? When Buhari sacked 32 VCs and replaced them, out of these 32, a total of 4 was taken from only Kano. Would you not comfortably describe that action by Buhari as tribal and regional?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by CioAngels(f): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
Very, very soon, Nigeria will become a one tribe nation. And my hero, Ibb is watching until buhari makes a zoo of this great Nation.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
CAN ko Tin ni!
Abeg stop "politicising" religion.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by dizly: 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
What does buhari a muslim have to do with electing a president for a christian organisation and of course its supposed to be an independent body. Mtcheew I tire for politics every where ooh. May God have mercy and like say na christian wan elect for them now, that's another war.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Jetjacky(m): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
johnydon22:

that's because you don't know what the spiritual body plays in the way they rule the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ramadan: Christian Lady Shares Food To Muslims In Lagos (Photos) / Prof Charles Adisa Is Dead / Pastor Alex Omokudu, Gifted With A Rolls Royce Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.