Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? (2338 Views)

WHEN YOU HEAR NIGERIA IS IN RECESSION AND YOU SEE THIS !!!! / Pls, When Last Did U Hear The Slogan 'sai Baba'? / ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by payosehtor(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2016
ajebuter:
My single old lady neighbor (Mama Nurse) whose baba alaye man-friend is a staunch supporter of APC and cronnie of Tinubu yelled from her flat to mine yesterday:

She hollered at me from her flat: Mama Tee, I'm beginning to see this APC change as fake ooo

Me: Mama Nurse, why are you complaining? shebi you and your Alhaji APC man-friend nearly turned me to your enemy because I expressed countrary view towards APC mantra of 'change'

Mama Nurse: Mama Tee, imagine, I exchanged dollars for 402 in UBA to send to my child studying abroad. Chai.. I don suffer oh.. Alhaji, and you forced and convinced me to vote for this man oh.. No light, I run 24/7 on gen in my clinic, kini gbogbo iranu yi na?

Me: (laughing) Mama nurse, don't worry, change has come

Mama Nurse: 'change' oshi wo niyen? Oloshi ni man yi sha..

Me: laughing sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard

Imagine the rest.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Buhari 4life
Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by amaechi1: 11:18am On Feb 22, 2016
Just yesterday from two different persons. My brother the elections are over, GEJ has lost and even you bring him 10 times to contest he will still loss. Change topic jare!

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by obailala(m): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2016
mployer:

Clueless yet the present administration is still riding on his policies.
*his railway projects
*his TSA
*His youwin
*His amnesty program
*His warfare equipment

They even copied his budget. Yet, there is no single economic policy the present administration has come up with despite the worsening economic situation.

Jonathan wasn't perfect, but you guys were FOOLISH for thinking a cattle rearer will deliver a 21st century change for you.
No! the foolish ones are the ones that thought you could actually fetch water with a basket. A grumpy old OBJ could save over $57bn in reserves and clear the nation's debts even when oil sold for average of $38/barrel but even with sky-high oil prices throughout GEJ's tenure (the highest since Nigeria's history), instead of the nation saving, our reserves crashed from over $40bn to $28bn, this is in addition to the vaporisation of the FG's share of the ECA funds which was over $10bn and an astronomic increase in external debts; all these were simply the effects of attempting to develop a nation without giving a damn about institutionalised corruption, or you can say, "attempting to fetch water with a basket." The best thing to happen to Nigeria in the last decade is the booting out of the one who did not give a damn about corruption.

Meanwhile, what sort of infantile reasoning informs this trend of saying "PMB is riding on GEJ's policies"? Was PMB supposed to cancel every project by GEJ because GEJ was a bad leader? Whatever happened to the common sense of cancelling bad policies and sustaining reasonable ones?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by shocker007(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
obailala:
No! the foolish ones are the ones that thought you could actually fetch water with a basket. A grumpy old OBJ could save over $57bn in reserves and clear the nation's debts even when oil sold for average of $38/barrel but even with sky-high oil prices throughout GEJ's tenure (the highest since Nigeria's history), instead of the nation saving, our reserves crashed from over $40bn to $28bn, this is in addition to the vaporisation of the FG's share of the ECA funds which was over $10bn and an astronomic increase in external debts; all these were simply the effects of attempting to develop a nation without giving a damn about institutionalised corruption, or you can say, "attempting to fetch water with a basket." The best thing to happen to Nigeria in the last decade is the booting out of the one who did not give a damn about corruption.

Meanwhile, what sort of infantile reasoning informs this trend of saying "PMB is riding on GEJ's policies"? Was PMB supposed to cancel every project by GEJ because GEJ was a bad leader? Whatever happened to the common sense of cancelling bad policies and sustaining reasonable ones?

If GEJ was a bad leader, they won't continue his projects.
What the other person was trying to say is that the present government dont have a project of their own till date.

But hey, am a believer. I hope for a better Nigeria and waiting patiently on what the next 3 years has in stock for us all.
Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by luvmijeje(f): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
mployer:

Clueless yet the present administration is still riding on his policies.
*his railway project
*his TSA
*His youwin
*His amnesty program
*His warfare equipment

They even copied his budget. Yet, there is no single economic policy the present administration has come up with despite the worsening economic situation.

Jonathan wasn't perfect, but you guys were FOOLISH for thinking a cattle rearer will deliver a 21st century change for you.

What foolish policies! The only policy I can see in what you listed is the Amnesty programme and TSA . The amnesty program was even initiated by the Yar'adua administration and and hopefully will be cancel. While TSA was never implemented by Jonathan for 1 day.

So what's the need of having jaw opening policy you are never interested in implementing for one day?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by obailala(m): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
shocker007:

If GEJ was a bad leader, they won't continue his projects.
What the other person was trying to say is that the present government dont have a project of their own till date.

But hey, am a believer. I hope for a better Nigeria and waiting patiently on what the next 3 years has in stock for us all.
With due respect, just read what you just wrote and tell me if it makes any sense to you. That someone is a bad leader, does it mean 100% of what he did was bad including paying of salaries? Did even Abacha not pay salaries?

Assuming a woman divorces a husband who is an irresponsible wife beater and philanderer, are you suggesting that her new husband shouldnt pay the school fees of her children because it will amount to 'continuing the projects of the irresponsible ex-husband'?... Or are you suggesting that the philandering violent ex-husband is not irresponsible because he did something good by paying his children's school fees?

As an example, the TSA policy was conceived by GEJ for years but could not be implemented. Everyone knows it's a good policy to checkmate graft, so are you suggesting that the policy be discarded because ot was conceived by a person who PMB termed as a bad leader?... Are we in a primary school superiority contest to be thinking in such a manner?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by luvmijeje(f): 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
luvinhubby:

And what has he done since Nigerians started shouting 'too much travelling"......

Ans - More travels.

Obviously those shouting too much travelling are being unreasonable or are not seeing the big picture.

The same shout of too much travelling was experienced during the Obasanjo administration but before the end of his administration we all witness the fruit of his travelling to and fro. Debt cancellation was one of the biggest benefit.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by keally: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
luvmijeje:

You are the foolish one for thinking sensible Nigerians will vote for a clueless man who told us stealing is not corruption.
. You are deceived and you chose to remain in the deceit. Now you are shouting that dasuki and co embezzled money meant for arms why don't you say they are corrupt but you are here saying that they stole. Common sense is not common indeed.
Re: When Last Did You Hear Sai Baba? by luvmijeje(f): 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
keally:
. You are deceived and you chose to remain in the deceit. Now you are shouting that dasuki and co embezzled money meant for arms why don't you say they are corrupt but you are here saying that they stole. Common sense is not common indeed.

In other words, stealing is not corruption but embezzlement is corruption.

Imagine what 4 more years of Jonathan's misrule will have done to psyche.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Spit Fire / Young Man Allegedly Hug Transformer / Watch The Son Of Hon Patrick Obahiagbon BLAST President Buhari With Grammar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.