Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students (39198 Views)

Lady Drives Keke In Bayelsa To Sponsor Herself Through School. Photos / Lady Who Sold Noodles & Egg To Sponsor Herself Through University. PICS / Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by JurassicPark: 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
Saniaposh:
Logistics cost and miscellaneous nau
Unless this is just another sarcasm..

Logistics like wtf!?

Are they procuring cows from the north?

After the waste of time, they now came up with this lame response.

Infact..this sh*t hole called Nigeria is a big joke!

1 Like

Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
And if they pay now, na one or two ogas go dey pocket the money for their private pocket.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by MisterDreamz(m): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2016
nobilis:
You see why I said our youths are listless and directionless

This is the kind of news that should spark up a media frenzy. This is the kind of news that should trend on Twitter and Facebook until WAEC realises her stupidity and calls herself to order.

But such news is posted here and there is virtually no reaction over such an outrage.

But if it is useless things that will make no impact on our lives in the long-term as individuals or as citizens of this nation, people will be ranting and making all sorts of silly comments and remarks just to be noticed.

No wonder our country is this way.
We get the kind of leaders we deserve and no wonder the older generations don't take us serious because we're such a bunch of unserious individuals.

Leaders of tomorrow, my foot.
Tufiakwa!!!
I seldom read lengthy posts! The truth and richness of this one got me from the first paragraph. You're very right!

1 Like

Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by davidif: 12:51am On Feb 24, 2016
This should be free information for goodness sakes!!!!

What kind of country is this?? No wonder it's sooo difficult to run a business in his country and they wonder why unemployment is sooooo high.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by okenikpoto(m): 12:52am On Feb 24, 2016
On WAEC billing an NGO for services.
---------------------------------------------------------

There has been so much fuss about WAEC billing an NGO N1.8m for information they requested concerning a compilation of performances of students on state basis for the NGO to use in giving scholarships to the students.

Well, I don't see any harm in WAEC charging for the services they NGO wanted rendered. The NGO should be willing to pay that amount for the information they seek.

If the so called NGO wants to give scholarships to students on state level based on their performance across the country and can't pay N1.8m for services by WAEC how then can we believe they can come clean with the herculean task of giving scholarships to thousands if not millions of students across the country.

No matter how you look at it, I stand with WAEC on their billing the NGO, Nigerians always takes things for granted. They (NGO) just feel they will write WAEC and ask for such information and it goes to them free. Pray, when you go asking for your transcripts, you pay for it.

If they (NGO) can't pay WAEC's service fee, then let them go state by state and compile the list themselves and see how much that will cost them. After all they are an NGO and should be on the field working.
Bugatie:
"Civil service is killing Nigeria,

An independent private company requested for the names of best graduating/performing students and you re asking for money to process the nonsense data.

Where're we headed in this country.

WAEC should provide explanation for this if it actually happened.

And to think that a mail dated 8th December is being replied on 20th December shows how complacent those govt workers can be" Bugatie
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by davidif: 12:52am On Feb 24, 2016
twoondei:
Well, EDOBOX requested top scorers from all states of the federation plus FCT.

I just did the maths, 1.85M = 50k per state.

It looks like there's a fixed charge to verify results per state. I personally don't think it's too bad and I don't think they should send it out for free.

I beg to differ.

Pls don't insult me and yes, I passed maths at WAEC

Why shouldn't it be free?? This is public information for goodness sakes. No wonder nothing runs well in this country.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by davidif: 12:54am On Feb 24, 2016
The chairman of WAEC needs to be fired for this and investigated.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by davidif: 12:57am On Feb 24, 2016
aolumaxi:
...and why should waec process it free? Na small be FG matter for waec.... it's affairs is directed by a West African council nt Nigeria.... they do deir things themselves

This is public information for goodness sakes. Gosh, the greed in this country.

1 Like

Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by okenikpoto(m): 12:57am On Feb 24, 2016
You guys should be objective. Does SAT give scholarships? WAEC is a body which takes care of exams in West Afica. If the NGO cannot pay the amount how can they assure us that their motive is genuine? If you can't afford a service charge of N1.8m how then can you give scholarships to thousands of students? Be logical.
Flexherbal:
If not for corruption, WAEC is supposed to be giving scholarship to these students. So funny that they are asking for money .
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by okenikpoto(m): 1:03am On Feb 24, 2016
The NGO has a choice of going to all the states to collate the information and I believe N1.8 million will not be enough for them to do that. When you request for your transripts, don't you pay? I stand with Waec. So you think staff of the council will start working for the NGO for the data just for free. Abeg.
baby124:
Is this real? How can WAEC be sabotaging the efforts of student scholarship? This should be a free service! Who put such a thing in place and why? Makes no sense
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by davidif: 1:05am On Feb 24, 2016
vicque:
well I quite agree with you.but this charge is way too much.i do not expect it to be free...but that's close 2mill we talking about.

Bros, it's supposed to be free man. This is just pure greed bruh
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by davidif: 1:19am On Feb 24, 2016
okenikpoto:
You guys should be objective. Does SAT give scholarships? WAEC is a body which takes care of exams in West Afica. If the NGO cannot pay the amount how can they assure us that their motive is genuine? If you can't afford a service charge of N1.8m how then can you give scholarships to thousands of students? Be logical.

That is exploitation and you know it. It is pure and unbridled greed.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by baby124: 1:39am On Feb 24, 2016
okenikpoto:
okenikpoto:
The NGO has a choice of going to all the states to collate the information and I believe N1.8 million will not be enough for them to do that. When you request for your transripts, don't you pay? I stand with Waec. So you think staff of the council will start working for the NGO for the data just for free. Abeg.
What are you talking about? N1 million naira is pure unadulterated greed and evil. The students have already paid for their WAEC fees, with their authorization, such service should be free when it benefits less privileged kids or involves companies willing to offer scholarships. If you work in WAEC cover your face in shame. There are some things you don't put a price on. Useless WAEC. I no blame una, JAMB should be enough to enter university. Even NECO does a better job. No be by force to be a member of the silly WAEC which gives dodgy teachers student papers to mark. Teachers that can't even spell if I remember correctly. Mstcheew. The company should go to NECO Biko. WAEC my yansh
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by Bugatie(m): 2:08am On Feb 24, 2016
okenikpoto:

There has been so much fuss about WAEC billing an NGO N1.8m for information they requested concerning a compilation of performances of students on state basis for the NGO to use in giving scholarships to the students.

Well, I don't see any harm in WAEC charging for the services they NGO wanted rendered. The NGO should be willing to pay that amount for the information they seek.

If the so called NGO wants to give scholarships to students on state level based on their performance across the country and can't pay N1.8m for services by WAEC how then can we believe they can come clean with the herculean task of giving scholarships to thousands if not millions of students across the country.

No matter how you look at it, I stand with WAEC on their billing the NGO, Nigerians always takes things for granted. They (NGO) just feel they will write WAEC and ask for such information and it goes to them free. Pray, when you go asking for your transcripts, you pay for it.
[b]
If they (NGO) can't pay WAEC's service fee, then let them go state by state and compile the list themselves and see how much that will cost them. [/b]After all they are an NGO and should be on the field working.

Bros na you sign that WAEC paper abi you be staff with them?
The comment you dropped above, does it make meaning to you. You think WAEC will go state by state to collate names when they have it on their database?

Na wa o to some Nigerians
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by davidif: 2:52am On Feb 24, 2016
okenikpoto:

If they (NGO) can't pay WAEC's service fee, then let them go state by state and compile the list themselves and see how much that will cost them. After all they are an NGO and should be on the field working.

I swear you Nigerians are so used to injustice being exploited that you think it's normal. This move by WAEC is a pure money grab.

That is how you would go to the naija embassies abroad and they would be asking you to bring 'additional payment even after paying all the required fees online.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by akanbiaa(m): 6:50am On Feb 24, 2016
mazizitonene:
...and where are those people that said nigeria will be good...........it can never be good.........because we are our own enemies angry
Hope you know WAEC is not Governed by Nigeria.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by akanbiaa(m): 6:51am On Feb 24, 2016
They should send the same request to NECO. lets patronise our own. WAEC can go to Ghana.

1 Like

Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 24, 2016
twoondei:
Well, EDOBOX requested top scorers from all states of the federation plus FCT.

I just did the maths, 1.85M = 50k per state.

It looks like there's a fixed charge to verify results per state. I personally don't think it's too bad and I don't think they should send it out for free.

I beg to differ.

Pls don't insult me and yes, I passed maths at WAEC

Really? There's nothing to verify here, this is just to filter a database and pick 37 names or thereabouts. WAEC always releases names of its top performing candidates in the media every other year, I hardly think that even examination bodies in US and Europe would ask for this outrageous sum for a similar request. I should add that your type of mindset is why Nigeria is still on a very long thing.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 24, 2016
akanbiaa:
Hope you know WAEC is not Governed by Nigeria.

Oh, it's governed by aliens.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 24, 2016
okenikpoto:

More like one student per state. I bet you didn't even read posts and try to understand before taking sides. Like someone said, we are so used to being exploited that we're beginning to see it as a norm. My brother there's a hundred things wrong about asking for such an outrageous sum for that simple information, considering the intentions of the requester makes WAEC's position more untenable.

1 Like

Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 24, 2016
This is pure witchcraft mentality

NGO: Give me list so I can help...
WAEC: No pay for the names..
NGO: Okay I cant pay keep the names while I divert my assistance to some other source...
Why will WAEC officials be bothered when none of their family and friends stand the chance to benefit from the scholarship
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by agabaI23(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2016
CriticMaestro:
chai I don make FP...seun, myndd and lalasticlala ahbeg do the needful and help ur boy out...
Is this a brand of criticism?
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by CriticMaestro: 9:24am On Feb 24, 2016
agabaI23:
Is this a brand of criticism?
you are way off course nigger
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by agabaI23(m): 9:35am On Feb 24, 2016
CriticMaestro:
you are way off course nigger
OK negro
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by jagojunior(m): 10:03am On Feb 24, 2016
nobilis:
You see why I said our youths are listless and directionless

This is the kind of news that should spark up a media frenzy. This is the kind of news that should trend on Twitter and Facebook until WAEC realises her stupidity and calls herself to order.

But such news is posted here and there is virtually no reaction over such an outrage.

But if it is useless things that will make no impact on our lives in the long-term as individuals or as citizens of this nation, people will be ranting and making all sorts of silly comments and remarks just to be noticed.

We get the kind of leaders we deserve and no wonder the older generations don't take us serious because we're such a bunch of unserious individuals.

Tufiakwa!!!

I posted something about New millennium hospital in Akwa Ibom State (a government owned tertiary healthcare centre) placing an embargo on the employment of Nigerian health workers while importing health workers from India and other countries. To my greatest surprise, only one person commented on the thread. If it was a thread about wizkid or Linda Ikeji or one useless news that has no direct impact on the society, u will see every Tom, Dick and Harry psychoanalysing every word and everyone that cares to comment.

Real Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by owumzy(m): 10:16am On Feb 24, 2016
EFCC and ICPC please you need to x-ray the activities of these Examination bodies as a matter of urgency
What a shame?
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by owumzy(m): 10:21am On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=nobilis post=43167308]You see why I said our youths are listless and directionless

I completely agree with you, some people even deviated from the topic and started blaming PMB without thinking.
We must rescue our youths from these devourers of destiny ASAP.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by seangy4konji: 10:34am On Feb 24, 2016
You see that there are lots of mad people in high places...

Asking for millions as processing fees.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by akinsmania4me(m): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2016
This is disheartening and lugubrious
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by npn001(f): 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
Even to collect school transcript, you go pay 30k.
Re: WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students by emmaelectelect(m): 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
the tweets

Please advice them to go through the Ministry of Education
Also they can use advertorial and ask for students submit their results with certain criteria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WAEC Introduced Attestation Of Results In 2015 Tweets / UNIZIK Female Student Who Died Of Generator Fumes (Photos) / Akintade Abdullahi Got Buhari’s Scholarship For Emerging Best Scientist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.