Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? (43803 Views)

I Hate Glo Network....they Gave Me False Hope! / Easy Fix For Glo Data Network Not Displaying / Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by omolola15(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2016
I swear to God. Glo network is very very poor. It has been like that for months. And nothing has been done about it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by AbdulHaram(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2016
GLO fronts with cheap data packages but they're all rubbish! Last night, I was sexting with a ho who used to send me her n.udes for my masturbation sessions, and suddenly there was no network! This happened just as soon as I uncorked my new Vaseline! angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2016
Who owns Glo sef?
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by maxwell767(m): 9:36am On Feb 23, 2016
Freelanswer:
For my data needs, I use Etisalat and Glo mainly. I am attracted to Etisalat for their high quality service and to Glo for their dirt cheap service. But, I have recently realized that Glo has actually been cheating me by making it appear their service is cheap. Actually, when I consider the value I get from Glo, it's actually far more costly than using Etisalat: Imagine that you'd buy a Glo data but for it to connect is a big problem. At other times, it will connect and everything shows it's connected but you can't open a single web page. Some other time, it would let you browse but with very annoying limitations regarding many sites. At other times, it's at a snail speed. These are sites that, once you change to Etisalat, it opens with one touch.

The most annoying part of it is that while all these are happening, Glo keeps spamming you with endless SMSes talking about "SUPER FAST" internet service (all in capital letters). Then, you call their customer care, they keep you waiting for ages. Then, you go to their office, you meet with very rude treatment not expected of customer service anywhere.

From my overall experience with Glo, I can say the only advantage they have is price. But I have realized even that price is deception. I believe the NCC should look into Glo Data service. But, I want first to make sure there is a sizable number of you people who have a similar experience with me. To know Glo is the only indigenous brand of all the service providers in the country and yet, patriotism is not letting them make Nigerians happier with them than with the rest is nothing to write home about. However, as I already said, this is my own experience so far. Let me hear from you guys. I don't think any service provider should be allowed to rip Nigerians off under any guise.
undecided undecided guy how much were u paid to ridicule glo network huh?? End time critics
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by Vince77(m): 9:37am On Feb 23, 2016
In my area Glo EDGE is faster than 3G. From 5pm to midnight glo becomes worst. When u switch to 3G at these times the network just disappears completely.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by Cmiller(m): 9:37am On Feb 23, 2016
Just because Glo network in your area is bad doesnt mean that Glo is a bad choice for data services, where i stay Glo and Airtel are better of to browse with than other network....pls try to understand that all network have their weak and strong operating zones
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by oluxy(m): 9:37am On Feb 23, 2016
my guys u re right... dia only cheap but u can't enjoy it. I traveled alot , u can't find it better anywhere. I subscribe glo yet I still do aitel 300 a month imagine.

hope dia agent or one close associate is on NL to pass mike this info.. glo don't hv to be better in one location alone.
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by Jabioro: 9:38am On Feb 23, 2016
Glo internet na problem.. is like the management is not aware of the issue.. I have dumb it o can't keep on complain on the same issues.. OP you are absolutely right may be this medium can help reshape and reposition her.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by aalangel(f): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2016
Freelanswer:
For my data needs, I use Etisalat and Glo mainly. I am attracted to Etisalat for their high quality service and to Glo for their dirt cheap service. But, I have recently realized that Glo has actually been cheating me by making it appear their service is cheap. Actually, when I consider the value I get from Glo, it's actually far more costly than using Etisalat: Imagine that you'd buy a Glo data but for it to connect is a big problem. At other times, it will connect and everything shows it's connected but you can't open a single web page. Some other time, it would let you browse but with very annoying limitations regarding many sites. At other times, it's at a snail speed. These are sites that, once you change to Etisalat, it opens with one touch.

The most annoying part of it is that while all these are happening, Glo keeps spamming you with endless SMSes talking about "SUPER FAST" internet service (all in capital letters). Then, you call their customer care, they keep you waiting for ages. Then, you go to their office, you meet with very rude treatment not expected of customer service anywhere.

From my overall experience with Glo, I can say the only advantage they have is price. But I have realized even that price is deception. I believe the NCC should look into Glo Data service. But, I want first to make sure there is a sizable number of you people who have a similar experience with me. To know Glo is the only indigenous brand of all the service providers in the country and yet, patriotism is not letting them make Nigerians happier with them than with the rest is nothing to write home about. However, as I already said, this is my own experience so far. Let me hear from you guys. I don't think any service provider should be allowed to rip Nigerians off under any guise.

Brother, you just told my story, word for word. I ignore them with husby's Spectranet though.
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Glo internet in Alimosho and Ikeja is slow to stupor. . . they ought to be ashamed!
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by viktor01(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
wow, almost run leave etisalat. not going again.
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by lexxyrule(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
donhils:
op I totally agree with you. And for those defending Glo that their services depend on location, my question is why? Why must Glo depend on location? Every other network works well almost everywhere but when it's Glo it has to depend on location. Meanwhile Glo is poor almost everywhere in Nigeria

Are you guys kidding me, over here in my area, Etisalat has no 3g to start with.

So far so good, glo is the best. It has network issues cos it's over crowded, yet they try thier best to provide two different serves just to be this efficient.

Price wise, glo is better
National coverage wise, glo is better

Etisalat only target major cities. Glo tries to balance between the urban and even the core rural

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by Dyt(f): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Glo is a very arrogant network
They will go off for hours and days sometimes without even apologies or extention
Sometimes I wonder why I am still tied to them
undecided undecided
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by login123: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Glo data is completely rubbish. Infact, I willingly destroyed my Glo data sim / model some days ago. Glo data is nothing but crappy. I think Glo data is a scam.
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by ayoniakins(f): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
hmmmm......very true. I'm experiencing all too, but thought it was normal.

One more thing I noticed is that their so called megabyte flies like anything. Before u know it, it's finished.
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by reallest(f): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
stephano100:
bro, fast or slow network depends on your location, where I stay Glo is baba likewise Etisalat. so what were you saying??

For where I stay sef in abeokuta glo fast like thunder

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by phemmy008(m): 9:41am On Feb 23, 2016
donhils:
op I totally agree with you. And for those defending Glo that their services depend on location, my question is why? Why must Glo depend on location? Every other network works well almost everywhere but when it's Glo it has to depend on location. Meanwhile Glo is poor almost everywhere in Nigeria
How many areas have you been to try glo service? It's same with all networks, mtn, airtel and etisalat does same too, i download at the speed of 1.2mb here in agbado on glo while i have 2 bars on mtn with 3g but full bars on edge so location determines this too..
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by martineverest(m): 9:41am On Feb 23, 2016
It sounds funny...i use Glo; it's super fast in my bedroom and absolutely slow in my sitting room....mtn is super fast even tho I hate them.

Glo saving grace is their cheap data

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by sanc2s(f): 9:42am On Feb 23, 2016
Maybe one mans food is another mans poison. Glo is my best ntwork. I browse with it, make calls with it without any problems
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by SBhelper: 9:42am On Feb 23, 2016
Interesting: Glo data is truly cheap oooo. Using it on Bb10

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by Chrisx1x(m): 9:43am On Feb 23, 2016
Glo is a bad idea for browsing.their network speed is slower than snail,very inconsistent and unreliable.i only use it for calling because their call rate is friendly
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by NEHLIVE: 9:46am On Feb 23, 2016
rosebase:
Na wa o, everybody is saying bad about their data, when I'm about to port. May be i should stay with my etisalat.
PLS my sister don't port. I beg u in the name of God. GLO can make you smash ur smart phone on the floor I was using etisalat, then my babe advise I use GLO to browse cos it's cheap. Na so I port O. Etisalat Internet network is almost faster than speed of light., but it's expensive and it finishes fast. GLO on the other hand, can almost dash you 10 gig for 2 thousand Naira. But it's almost useless. It almost cost a serious fight between me and my babe as I was ways complaining out of the GLO frustration and she felt I was blaming her for her good intention to help me save money. I eventually moved back to etisalat on Saturday. I felt like someone who just got freed from prison.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by princeattah1: 9:46am On Feb 23, 2016
Are you New In Nigeria ? Only a Jjc will not know that Internet connection in Nigeria is location dependent . That's just to tell you that Etisalat works better in your location. That's same way GLO Is Superfast in other areas . So take a chill Bro .

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by Sanchez01: 9:47am On Feb 23, 2016
I'm presently using the 6GB for 3000 on my Android device. truth be told, it's not a funny experience. The network disappears when it feels like and come when it pleases. just barely a week into my subscription, I can count how many times I have judiciously used my data. Glo is not trying in this regard.
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by sorextee(m): 9:47am On Feb 23, 2016
Using a glo line to download a file of 2.6gig, it's like using razor blade to cut down a tree. undecided.. Glo will claim they give u bonus credit, which is invisible.. I can't even play ordinary candy crush with my Glo data. It has never and it will never sync with my facebook undecided.. so surprising that NCC gave them d best network recently...

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by ocelot2006(m): 9:48am On Feb 23, 2016
Ive always been a fan of the Glo data service. However that changed during the last quarter of last year (2015) as the quality of their service toook a turn for the worst down here in Akwa Ibom. I had to switch to Airtel.
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by rosebase(f): 9:51am On Feb 23, 2016
nenergy:

Exactly! Signing ambassadors and buying cars for they, instead of investing in infrastructure. I mean Who buys data because of P-Square? grin
Lol, I wonder o.
I think the mgt are just being sstuupid
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by bankybobo11: 9:52am On Feb 23, 2016
Don't know why GLO is so stupid and useless. They keep giving artists money when such money can be used to improve the quality of their service. They can't even offer Nigerians scholarships. I'll always be indebted to MTN, my first love.

PS: I'm using GLO to post this comment grin
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by stephano100(m): 9:52am On Feb 23, 2016
reallest:

For where I stay sef in abeokuta glo fast like thunder
yeah..same here too in Lag.
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by lonelyisland(m): 9:52am On Feb 23, 2016
You see Nigerians... Buy made in Nigeria to grow naira, no! You guys are here ranting about glo network but prefer an Arab network to ours.

But on a serious note, nobody is talking about emptyhen again. Are they on strike??
Re: Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? by parrotibaba(m): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2016
dotmanxp:
Glo is definitely the worst network in Nigeria. I now use 2 mtn on my phone. I have stayed in about 4 different states and glo network is the worst. mtn never disappoints and etisalat edge is fast like 4g only thing data is too expensive for etisalat. when travelling mtn has network for call and data almost 2ruot the journey while glo go just show red or sos. they prefer to give artists money rather than invest in their network.

Exactly what I have been saying since last month. They'd rather waste millions on artists than improve their crappy network services and to even think that they are an indigenous network makes it more painful. They have the worst network coverage amongst the other networks. In my area the highest speed you get is 50kbp/s and that's for a hot second before it's switched back to 12kbp/s, WTF!!

If not that Airtel has refused to stop double billing their data plans, I would have switched back to them. F'ck glo and their cheap data plans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Blackberry CEO Confiscated His Wife's Galaxy Phone / Infinix Hot 7 Unveiling Full Specifications And Price / 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.