Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations (18467 Views)

Militants Blow Up 2 More Oil Facilities In Delta / Count Me Out Of Threat To Blow Up Oil Installations- Tompolo / Militants Bomb Oil Installations In Warri, Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by MrEverest(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2016
IceMan85:
sadu I for see evil looming in this country. Everybody will be affected, the rich the poor. If see opportunity, leave this country. A heavy storm is coming!
This country can never be one unless we change our mentality and hatred. The cloud is thick and no one knows what next.
Honestly I'm thinking in D direction with you, life is too short for one to continue enduring this hobbesian Nigerian lifestyle. The Hausa & Fulani are D reason why we keep going in circles in this country. For Gods sake, why cant we have true federalism? That we cant produce anything of worth today in this country to export is basically because we all stay idle & wait for oil revenues. What business does D man in kafanchan or sokoto have with oil when he could grow cotton, groundnut, hides & skin etc for export. I support the militants on this, they should blow up every oil installation to ground zero if D Hausa controlled senate doesnt implement true federalism. Useless Country!!!

2 Likes

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by persius555(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2016
GeneralShepherd:
Nigeria cannot experience lasting peace and prosperity without addressing the root cause of armed insurgency, and civil unrest.

After you visit Abuja and compare it with say Oyibo in River state, you'll understand that the insurgency was only postponed and not solved.

It will always be a recurring phenomenon, unless poverty and unfair wealth distribution is addressed in the region

Both militants and govt do not want development in that region. Agitation is what the militants feed on, while the govt in collaboration with the oil companies want to extract oil at the expense of the environment. The situation is crazy.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by bakynes(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
I just get angry when some ND Educated Youths on this forum support these criminals called Militants. So you think these guys are actually fighting for the good of the average Niger deltan? They are fighting for their pockets. No region in Nigeria that is not been marginalized. The truth is just that, it's only the politicians and their friends that are enjoying this country whether North, South, East or West. The FG during OBJ has already addressed the issue of the needs of the Niger Delta to a reasonable extent. You get the lion share of the proceeds of the Oil after the FG. I always say it anywhere that, the Allocation of the four major Oil states( Rivers, Delta, Akwa ibom and Bayelsa) put together is more than the rest of the 32 states put together, you have a Ministry to yourselves alone, NDDC, Amnesty programme, Oil companies pay royalties to communities from time to time so what else do you want. Other parts of Nigeria don't get these juicy package since they dont produce the oil from our region. Coupled with your small population compared to rest of Nigeria. Go and face your immediate leaders they are the ones responsible for your problems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by omonnakoda: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2016
GeneralShepherd:
Nigeria cannot experience lasting peace and prosperity without addressing the root cause of armed insurgency, and civil unrest.

After you visit Abuja and compare it with say Oyibo in River state, you'll understand that the insurgency was only postponed and not solved.

It will always be a recurring phenomenon, unless poverty and unfair wealth distribution is addressed in the region

There is a lot of truth there but much of the problem in the region is self inflicted too we have a lot of money stolen and or wasted byy the likes of Ibori,Odili,Etete .Jonathan was there for 5 years . JONATHAN RECEIVED MORE OIL REVENUE THAN ANY PRESIDENT IN NIGERIAN HISTORY

Where is all that money?

What did Jonathan do to stop gas flaring? Those who really know the region know that this is even worse than anythin
What did he do to sanction oil spillage?

What did he do to clean up Ogoniland. I can go on and on

What about Akpabio ? The Akwa Ibom people remain as backward and superstitious as ever .What did he do about it.

What about Amaechi .

The truth must be told 13% derivation wit oil prices over $100 for about 8 years. Many Small African countries do not get the kind of money states like Akwa Ibom was getting.Did we not witness Akpabio's lifestyle. Is he still not living like some Saudi prince? I have not mentioned Dieziani or the NDDC

People need to tell themselves some hometruths.

With Prices @ $140 nd 13% derivation some states were getting more than Nigeria as a nation got from oil under Abacha when prices were ~$18
Literally billions of dollars have been stolen by the likes of Ibori. Enough money to build a seaport in every state in the Niger Dellta

2 Likes

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by owumzy(m): 10:02am On Feb 23, 2016
Not important.....
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by MrEverest(m): 10:13am On Feb 23, 2016
franconian:

No they won't. I hear they are already diversifying their economy by planting cocoa grin. Tell them to plant a lot of cocoa because they will need the proceeds to run the west.
No be only cocoa, even coconut. The last time I checked, Osun state, depite having "the biggest economy in sub saharan Africa" is already facing humaniterian crises never seen before since the end of the civil war! All the states in Nigeria will feel the impact though in varying degrees except probably Lagos, Anambra & Abia states but the North including Abuja & the West will go down first.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by bakynes(m): 10:25am On Feb 23, 2016
MrEverest:
No be only cocoa, even coconut. The last time I checked, Osun state, depite having "the biggest economy in sub saharan Africa" is already facing humaniterian crises never seen before since the end of the civil war! All the states in Nigeria will feel the impact though in varying degrees except probably Lagos, Anambra & Abia states but the North including Abuja & the West will go down first.
People like you are just educated illiterates. Do you know what they call "Migration" in Geology. If you know, you won't be shouting like a rabid dog.You see the Oil in your land today maybe found in Kano in the next 100 years. Is it you that put the oil there? You call others lazy yet you don't work and wait for our "Oyel" money every now and then yet you abuse people who work day and night to earn a living.

2 Likes

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by MrEverest(m): 10:36am On Feb 23, 2016
tickles2luv2016:

There is no sense in what ur saying,even without oil nigeria will still be.do all countries in the world have oil? No then ow are they surviving or are they not?
What else can you export aside crude oil? Is there any other country the size of Nigeria that is mono product? Without sounding immodest, I tell you that without oil, you guys will starve to death! Even with just a reduction, the country has grounded to a halt! Do you grow enough rice, beans, ground nut etc for yourself not to talk of export. Most of the tomatoes, onions etc that your peasant farmers grow gets rotten before reaching consumers because you cant even preserve them! We spend billions importing rice, beans, leather, tomatoes, vegetable oil etc. All you know is how to marry five wives & breed destitute children like rabbits!
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by khattab02: 10:48am On Feb 23, 2016
These millitant are olodo ooo..... just the way Foolish boko were bombing and destroying the North you too follow ignorantly and fooshly do the same in region. Ignorance and stupidity is the order of the day.

And someone they are fighting for their right, by endangering and possibly killing their own at those facilities?

#there are diplomatic ways to solve these issues
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by MrEverest(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2016
bakynes:

People like you are just educated illiterates. Do you know what they call "Migration" in Geology. If you know, you won't be shouting like a rabid dog.You see the Oil in your land today maybe found in Kano in the next 100 years. Is it you that put the oil there? You call others lazy yet you don't work and wait for our "Oyel" money every now and then yet you abuse people who work day and night to earn a living.
You are simply ignorant! what do you mean by "migration in geology"? There is no such thing! Oil takes eons to form through sedimentation of dead animals & plants matter through compaction & lemutation in the right environment aided by temperature, humidity & some geological effects that buries them in the lithosphere! It does not take years to form, it takes eons! Stop being greedy, lazy & coveteous of another man's God given natural resources! Japan has non yet through hard work they became great! look around you & start something today!!!
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Irishrena1(f): 10:59am On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by khattab02: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2016
MrEverest:
What else can you export aside crude oil? Is there any other country the size of Nigeria that is mono product? Without sounding immodest, I tell you that without oil, you guys will starve to death! Even with just a reduction, the country has grounded to a halt! Do you grow enough rice, beans, ground nut etc for yourself not to talk of export. Most of the tomatoes, onions etc that your peasant farmers grow gets rotten before reaching consumers because you cant even preserve them! We spend billions importing rice, beans, leather, tomatoes, vegetable oil etc. All you know is how to marry five wives & breed destitute children like rabbits!
lol... These assertions are lame.. If the oil should dry up today the North will no starve and they will survive wella.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Ojukwufrank: 11:26am On Feb 23, 2016
Naija9090:

Niger Delta people... this yoruba man is calling you lazy for your own resources.

You are a wicked snake that need to be buried alive, your heart is full of hatred for others, its going to consume you one day. Gosh....

1 Like

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Ojukwufrank: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2016
Nicepoker:
Some people are saying they should blow. Deep down they are praying they should not. ND resources has supported this country for long. Its time other regions contribute theirs. Especially south west. Start exporting that cocoa. Lazy people.

You can start by supporting the country with the proceeds of your baby factory and cocaine smuggling. Shameless bigot

1 Like

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Ojukwufrank: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2016
MrEverest:

Tribal bigot, you are ignorant. Osun civil servants are not up to 10% of Osun population, they are the one having salary issues with the government and not the whole Osun. Stick to gala selling and stop disgracing yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Nicepoker(m): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2016
Ojukwufrank:

You can start by supporting the country with the proceeds of your baby factory and cocaine smuggling. Shameless bigot
don't take it personal pls.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Bigtoto(f): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
franconian:

Why did you forget the chief rebels?
damn! Why must I? The wayward boko boys them grin
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by MoneyGreen(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
The Avengers? na Captain Niger Delta we wan see. cry
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by MrEverest(m): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ojukwufrank:

Tribal bigot, you are ignorant. Osun civil servants are not up to 10% of Osun population, they are the one having salary issues with the government and not the whole Osun. Stick to gala selling and stop disgracing yourself.
Ignoramus, the last time I checked, Osun is still a civil service state, there is very little or no other industry aside civil service & peasant agriculture! If you care to know Agbo seller, I have a degree from FUTO but I'm a businessman(by choice) & about to diversify into plantain plantation on my land. I will never be as poor as you even if Buhari succeeds in crashing the economy!!
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Ojukwufrank: 12:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
[s]
MrEverest:
Ignoramus, the last time I checked, Osun is still a civil service state, there is very little or no other industry aside civil service & peasant agriculture! If you care to know Agbo seller, I have a degree from FUTO but I'm a businessman(by choice) & about to diversify into plantain plantation on my land. I will never be as poor as you even if Buhari succeeds in crashing the economy!!
[/s]

Dunce, no one asked you to lie about your miserable life. Gala seller that still live with his old parent lying online shamelessly. Businessman indeed! Less than 10% of there population are civil servant, stop believing the trash your late uncle told you. Hediot.

1 Like

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by RickyTan: 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Same usual noise. Fighting for their rights?
When their son was in charge all these years with $145.00 per barrel what happened? Now at $30.00 per barrel una want magic?

Go ahead go to live in creeks. Destroy ND, turn ND to Syria - That will be your achievement. When you older and sick you will rot there like Okah is rotting in jail.

Do you think Dubai was built by fighting and destroying things?
FYI - think before you act.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by MrEverest(m): 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ojukwufrank:
[s][/s]

Dunce, no one asked you to lie about your miserable life. Gala seller that still live with his old parent lying online shamelessly. Businessman indeed! Less than 10% of there population are civil servant, stop believing the trash your late uncle told you. Hediot.
You really must be a church rat literaly & no pun intended. What lie? For you to consider my modest achievement( which I am not even contented with since I'm ambitious) a "lie" goes to show that you are more or less a destitute who is still scavenging to eke out a living. Sorry son, I'm not the cause of your predicament, so you can take your take your frustration elsewhere.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Ojukwufrank: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
[s]
MrEverest:
You really must be a church rat literaly & no pun intended. What lie? For you to consider my modest achievement( which I am not even contented with since I'm ambitious) a "lie" goes to show that you are more or less a destitute who is still scavenging to eke out a living. Sorry son, I'm not the cause of your predicament, so you can take your take your frustration elsewhere.
[/s]

Shut up your smelly mouth, you descipible oaf. You keep making noise everywhere like a malnourished she-goat, shameless rag that still live with his aged mother boasting online. Go end your pathetic life and save your village the shame. Ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
ril19:
My main problem with this news is that even if one tries to contact Bubu to intimate him the situation of things in his country, he'll not be there. he'll either be burukutu drunk and locked up in a room to avoid letting his staff know or he'll be deep in the bush chasing after cows in torn clothes or maybe in a far away country hanging out with some white skined persons while Nigeria boils.
You goofed.Truth is Buhari does not take Burukutu,do your research well.Unlike one person & Ogogoro.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
melodyirish:
call them whatever u wish because u are not in their shoes, if u are u won't open ur gutter mouth to call them Mumu people, jealousy is a bad disease. Niger delta u need to fight for ur right, nd Fgt about d minister dat want to sell u ppl in exchange of fame
Does blowing up everywhere solve anything?
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
ril19:

if that's your wish for the niger delta e nor go work for you. God pass you and your touring president.
The same way God pass militants,their followers & leaders.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by alaskido(m): 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Boko Haram in the North. Militants in the South South and South East. Which way Nigeria? Why is Buhari's name linked with suffering and problems. Does it mean he does not know how to handle people or crises management?

Well, he has to share the army into 2. One part to fight Boko Haram and the other part to fight Niger Delta Militants. Chai, I pity some army men who will lost their life as a result of this fight that could have been avoided if Buhari had common sense. Please borrow some from Senator Ben Murray Bruce o before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by alaskido(m): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
@Bakynes, I think you got a point there. Good talk.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by str8talk1: 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
And dis govt. of cattle rearers wants to rebuild d North-East wt Oil money 4rm d SS & SE while d Niger is daily being devasted by oil pollution 4rm exploration & neglect.
I dey laugh ohhhhh!
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by franconian: 8:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
tickles2luv2016:

Forget it,some countries thrive on agriculture ,d dem still dey kanpe.of NA start with una na sorry go be una last name,una go worst pass boko haram

If it were that simple, your General would have stopped amnesty. Tell him to stop amnesty since Nigeria is broke then he will know what it means to fight on two war fronts at a time. You are still battling with common almajiris, you want to add militants.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by franconian: 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ojukwufrank:

If the civil servants are that few, it shouldn't be that difficult to settle them na... The government should tax the "farmers" (na generational curse dem go curse am if he try am) or better still go explore the oil you guys said is in ondo to pay the workers.

Una never start farming ooo, na child's play una dey so.
Re: Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations by franconian: 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
bakynes:

Don't go and plant cocoa and tomatoes, be waiting patiently for the day the oil in the ND will "migrate" to your land... I just hope by then, your remains will not form part of the oil.

Migration ko, immigration ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Borno Declares Monday Work Free For PMB Rally. / COVID-19: PDP Asks Yahaya Bello To Apologise For Misleading Residents / Lagos: Opulence In The Midst Of Poverty (NYTimes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.