Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

New Tinted Permit - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Tinted Permit (22347 Views)

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Tinted Permit by donem: 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
dearsly:
Dem go give us wea d fly private jet?
U get level haha
Re: New Tinted Permit by lordcabasa(m): 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Having same issues in ph, though I just submitted 2day, we have die already! Mogbe
Re: New Tinted Permit by ladyF(f): 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
fyneboi79:
jobless LadyF come and be my massage therapist I will pay you well grin
angry no need to pay me sef, I will massage you with aboniki for free kiss grin
Re: New Tinted Permit by missKiffy(f): 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
gare why do you want a tinted glass
Re: New Tinted Permit by nicerichard05: 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
mcgaius:

Please what is your name,address and phone number so that i can see how to assist you

Olapa Alert!!! Pls what do u need all those details for in a public forum like this? Hmmmm you wanna knw so u would frustrate him more abi? Truth be told we already have a problem, we dnt need this to be added to this.

If we as a country hav a Good system running then the FRSC would hav shared it's data with the NPF and save us this stress. Abeggggiiii

2 Likes

Re: New Tinted Permit by omojeesu(m): 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
gare:

I have commenced the process of obtaining the New tinted permit being issued by the police, having going through all the processes of online registration and Bio-metric capturing I am still yet to get my New tinted permit, we have been made to understand that this process is free and you are meant to get it almost immediately with confirmation to interview I watched and i believe several others watched from AIT and Channels TV where the Police said that after all the process is completed the New Permit will be printed for you, but in Port Harcourt we are made to understand that it was sent to Abuja for approval, by the way I am based in Port Harcourt, it is over a Month since I started the process. And we where made to understand that the whole process is free, but a friend of mine i met said he paid N10,000 for the process and the reason why ours is not coming out is because we are not parting or paying anything.

The reason why i want this out in the public is for people to know what they intend to do with this whole process pf new permit, if the police want us to pay for it they should come out formally and make us pay in banks and not into peoples pocket, I do hope the Government and EFCC are watching what is going on in the Police Force, IGP this is your innovation and your officer are going about collecting money from people, since you have said it is free, you must ensure that its free, not just saying it, machinery should be put in place to see that it is free, if by the I am as of this moment pleading with the force to release my permit because I do not have any money to give to anybody, if we so desire change in this nation we should act it and let it be part of our everyday life, times are hard in this country and they should not add to it

The IGP came up yesterday that he intends to put a stop on things like this happening in the police he should that all this stops, I have completed my process in PHC since last month, please they force should ensure I get my Permit.

THOSE WHO PAY ARE AS CORRUPT AND GUILTY AS THE POLICE.

2 Likes

Re: New Tinted Permit by acaolly1(m): 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
cybriz82:
Shey na by force to do am? Who send u? Why u cme dey tell us? Shey u go carry me with ur tinted motor n tyre if u see me for road? U wan do tinted so dat u go fit dey bleep people daughters inside ur tinted motor abi? U will never get dat tinted permit isha allah.

Who is this slowpoke? ALLAH is a merciful GOD and don't use the name ALLAH in your stupid comment. Tinted permit is necessary because most vehicles comes with factory tint. I have been trying to submit since January and the so called Nigeria police website won't react. I have printed out the form sha so I can take to Police Commission. Nigeria police is always synonymous with corruption. I dont expect it to be free anyway cos na naija police..

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by akanniade10(m): 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
I don't understand why people still drive cars with tinted windows

They talking factory fitted

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by eagleeye2: 9:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
What of those that have tinted permit before this new process
Re: New Tinted Permit by mira4u: 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
I have same issue.

They are not bold to tell people to pay cos they know it should be free.( tho' i had my reservations concerning the free stuff)

Instead of hoarding it, why not come up with a price and a bank account to pay it directly.

Kwarruption will never end in this part of the world.
Re: New Tinted Permit by crazyclown07(m): 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
nPF and corruption is like bread and butter *sips kunu and dances to oluwa ni*
Re: New Tinted Permit by diehard(m): 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
I did mine in port harcourt in January but collected it last week. I tried collecting it a month after but they told me several times to come back when I receive an sums that it was completed. I went online and checked to confirm the status and saw that it was approved and collected. I printed it out and went to their office. They gave me the permit without hassle immediately.
Re: New Tinted Permit by melford244: 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please someone should help us tell IG that they don't have Bio-metric machine for capture @ Benue state.... I have completed the online reg, submitted it with a photocopies of my car papers to Makurdi Police Command 12th of Feb 2016... the Young police officer officer said they don't have bio-metric machine @ their command.
Re: New Tinted Permit by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
@all I hail everybody. Please my people help me with the website for the online registration. Thanks in anticipation grin
Re: New Tinted Permit by donkray: 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
abeg what about the old tinted permit. ? Has it been condemned?
Re: New Tinted Permit by lonelydora: 10:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
A colleague of mine paid 10k also in Port Harcourt.

Believe Nigerian police at your peril. Solomon is working hard but his boys are thwarting his efforts.
Re: New Tinted Permit by Mutuwa(m): 10:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
acaolly1:

Who is this slowpoke? ALLAH is a merciful GOD and don't use the name ALLAH in your stupid comment. Tinted permit is necessary because most vehicles comes with factory tint. I have been trying to submit since January and the so called Nigeria police website won't react. I have printed out the form sha so I can take to Police Commission. Nigeria police is always synonymous with corruption. I dont expect it to be free anyway cos na naija police..

You just made a whole lot of sense in your write up,tinted permit is a time bomb fraud waiting to explode.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by adeyemik: 10:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
gare:

I have commenced the process of obtaining the New tinted permit being issued by the police, having going through all the processes of online registration and Bio-metric capturing I am still yet to get my New tinted permit, we have been made to understand that this process is free and you are meant to get it almost immediately with confirmation to interview I watched and i believe several others watched from AIT and Channels TV where the Police said that after all the process is completed the New Permit will be printed for you, but in Port Harcourt we are made to understand that it was sent to Abuja for approval, by the way I am based in Port Harcourt, it is over a Month since I started the process. And we where made to understand that the whole process is free, but a friend of mine i met said he paid N10,000 for the process and the reason why ours is not coming out is because we are not parting or paying anything.

The reason why i want this out in the public is for people to know what they intend to do with this whole process pf new permit, if the police want us to pay for it they should come out formally and make us pay in banks and not into peoples pocket, I do hope the Government and EFCC are watching what is going on in the Police Force, IGP this is your innovation and your officer are going about collecting money from people, since you have said it is free, you must ensure that its free, not just saying it, machinery should be put in place to see that it is free, if by the I am as of this moment pleading with the force to release my permit because I do not have any money to give to anybody, if we so desire change in this nation we should act it and let it be part of our everyday life, times are hard in this country and they should not add to it

The IGP came up yesterday that he intends to put a stop on things like this happening in the police he should that all this stops, I have completed my process in PHC since last month, please they force should ensure I get my Permit.

The process is free and your tinted permit application is approved in Abuja. There is nothing EFCC or the government can do if at your friend at his own free will you decided to pay some people to get it done. It is free and can attest to that. Below is my experience

I had the same issue, applied 6th of Jan, anytime I checked the status remains "Awaiting Approval". Fortunately, I travelled to Abuja and decided to go to the Force Headquarter to know the reason or reasons for the delay. When I got there, I was told that they had some challenges with the server and they are working on it. And once the issue is fixed, my the application would be approved. True to the officer's words, I got a call from him four days later that my application has been approved.

If you want to see corporate police in Nigeria, please go to the Force headquarter in Abuja, from the entrance gate you're accorded due respect. When you meet the officers manning or in charge of the biometrics, they all well mannered, educated, and people friendly. Infact, they address you as Sir and Madam.

I asked him to give me reasons that may cause one's application from not being approved.

1. If any of your particulars are fake - proof of ownership and insurance (the insurance that is accepted is the Online insurance)
2. Fake plate number - To verify whether your plate number is genuine or fake, right in my presence, the office connected to the FRSC database to check whether my plate number was on the FRSC database or not.
3. When the attached document is blurred.
4. I think the address you filled while applying for the tinted permit as a role to play because the office asked me my address, checked it against what was on the application and against what was on the FRSC database. I'm not too sure of the role it plays but was asked.
5. If your biometrics was not well captured in the state command

If during verification, all you documents are valid, the application would be approved within 48 hours, but if you default in any of these, your application will not be approved and will forever be in Awaiting Status, your best option will be to find your way to Force Headquarter in Abuja because the officer at the state command cannot resolve such issue.

Thank God, immediately I got back to lagos, I went to the uncorporate police headquarter of Nigeria(Lagos state Police Command) to pick it up the tinted permit, from the entrance gate na embarrassment, to Oga I no see your hand.

4 Likes

Re: New Tinted Permit by dikamzy(m): 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
this op still dy talk abt Change!!! no b only change, what of charge?
Re: New Tinted Permit by bennymark(m): 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Are you a Nigerian at all? Na 2day e start? Paid 8k in abj n got it next day. No dull ur sef dear.

If we say we want change, they will say Buhari is witch hunting Metuh and Co, none of ma business sha
Re: New Tinted Permit by tunai(m): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
Most of these police guys are patiently waiting for March 18 so they can focus on tinted glass and make cool money for Easter celebration.

New plate number 35k, drivers licence 15k, tinted permit 25k and on top I still buy black market fuel to drive my car at 200/ltr. God will frustrate all the enemies of Nigeria.

I think we should be posting the names of the police officials asking for tip online, so the IG and their families can see. I will be going to police command Ikeja tomorrow and this is what I would do too.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by ladiakins(m): 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
gare:

I have started the process for the tinted glass permit - in same PHC - and I can tell you the process is indeed free. The problem with the process is actually my fellow countrymen who are paying for facilitation. If you are patient enough and follow the procedure as laid down by the NPF, you will get an sms scheduling you for biometrics after submission of your application. Once biometrics is done, you can monitor the progress of your application from the same portal you did the online application.
In my opinion the NPF got it almost right this time around.
Nigeria will be a better place if we all commit to doing the right things.
My 2 kobo opinion.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by Switup: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
gare:

don't have a ride neither am into d car thingy, buh s/one I know has spent 45k on dat stuff at emenike where their office is. first he said he gave 30k to a girl in d office, I think it was 15k for plate number n 15k for the tinted-glass thingy. wen he went back after a while he was told things had not worked out bla bla bla n dat he shld give another 15k which he did. was told to return on Tuesday or, two days ago, so as to get his stuffs buh he was still told some real Bullshits..... I just hope he hasn't been duped o
Re: New Tinted Permit by m1500: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
I got mine free of charge from Benin City. Sorry about the experience you are having. Hoping the relevant authorities will step into this issue.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by muiniz: 3:59am On Mar 10, 2016
Hi guys I know people will come hard at me for saying this. Am in china and to get your drivers licence from the police is 1000rmb (33k) but an officer told me to pay 6000rmb (198k) and no appearance. Here you write an exam and must score 95/100 to be eligible. Am not promoting corruption but it is everywhere. The entire police force worldwide especially in the US are corrupt. If you have this 10k pay I know its a lot thou, but trust me your argument isn't gonna fly. Dasuki stole billions of dollars and we yet to get a conviction when we all know he is corrupt. EFCC are too occupied to look into the police force and anti graft agencies worldwide HATE to attack its police force. It breeds insubordination and mutiny (DSS,EFCC, ICPC and co) all have affiliation with the police (IG) and only the president can effectively touch the (IG) "Obj vs Balogun". The only way to minimize corruption in the police force because trust me corruption cant be eradicated because it is like the air we breath, is to decentralize the force break it into states like how the US operates. To eradicate corruption is to go back to the beginning before Lucifer (the morning star) fell. He was corrupt and he FELL. Kindly criticize me without insults, but if you still insult me I forgive you. #FAM.

2 Likes

Re: New Tinted Permit by delishpot: 4:31am On Mar 10, 2016
Well, our ogas at the top need citizens like you to bring out such decay in their organisations to the public since they can not be everywhere at the same time.. You have played your part, let's see if the oga at the top will notice and take appropriate action.

muiniz:
Hi guys I know people will come hard at me for saying this. Am in china and to get your drivers licence from the police is 1000rmb (33k) but an officer told me to pay 6000rmb (198k) and no appearance. Here you write an exam and must score 95/100 to be eligible. Am not promoting corruption but it is everywhere. The entire police force worldwide especially in the US are corrupt. If you have this 10k pay I know its a lot thou, but trust me your argument isn't gonna fly. Dasuki stole billions of dollars and we yet to get a conviction when we all know he is corrupt. EFCC are too occupied to look into the police force and anti graft agencies worldwide HATE to attack its police force. It breeds insubordination and mutiny (DSS,EFCC, ICPC and co) all have affiliation with the police (IG) and only the president can effectively touch the (IG) "Obj vs Balogun". The only way to minimize corruption in the police force because trust me corruption cant be eradicated because it is like the air we breath, is to decentralize the force break it into states like how the US operates. To eradicate corruption is to go back to the beginning before Lucifer (the morning star) fell. He was corrupt and he FELL. Kindly criticize me without insults, but if you still insult me I forgive you. #FAM.

You make too much sense. We can not eradicate corruption even in our own homes talkless of a big organisation like the NPF. The ogas can only do their best to handle situations as they are brought to their notice. That is if those ogas have clean hands BTW. But to fight your colleagues may also mean to sign your own death warrant.
Re: New Tinted Permit by aamstih: 5:13am On Mar 10, 2016
Pls can someone kindly put me through on the necessary steps in obtaining this new tinted permit?

Thank you
Re: New Tinted Permit by ClintonDal(m): 5:19am On Mar 10, 2016
The painful part is in other countries I've visited they don't even check for permits. Cars come factory fitted with tinted glasses.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by Escobapablo(m): 5:34am On Mar 10, 2016
I did mine in Calabar, got it after 3 weeks, 15000. I did not hear anything abt it being free. I wasn't expecting it to be free. Come to think of it, that's like saying bail is free.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by fosidewok: 6:28am On Mar 10, 2016
This is a confirmed story of what is happening with tinted glass permit in Police command in Port Harcourt.

They try all possible means to frustrate the applicant if he or she is not playing the cards.

IG should be ashamed of his men in this command as they are next to corruption itself.

1 Like

Re: New Tinted Permit by debola23(f): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2016
Most cars, nowadays, come with factory fitted tinted permit so it's not like anyone has an ulterior motive for having tinted glass.

I did mine in PH on the 9 th of Feb, though we weren't asked to drop something outrightly, it was done in another manner.
After applying online, we got to Moscow road with our print out and they said we have to write a letter and make copies of some ofnour documents.
The letter of course has to be typed and signed. Ofcourse they offered to "help" us type the letter with a small something.
We paid 2k for the printing of the letters, it was later on when we were about to do the biometrics that I overheard one of them saying, no, just dump d letters wherr the others are there. Its our own inhouse thing that we added to the whole process.
Re: New Tinted Permit by caprini1: 6:44am On Mar 10, 2016
vehicles that comes with partial factory fitted tint ,shouldn't have been involved in this in the first place.....it should only have involved those thickly tinted cars ,that you wonder if its humans or ghosts that are in it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS / Man Crashed A 3-wheeled Car With A Gyrocopter While Trying To Make It Fly / FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.